Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 5, 2004, 02:08
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > The Late Show
5. Re: Second Impression May 6, 2006, 17:33 Teddy

Another thing to note about the MP is that there is currently NO anticheat and no known usable admin commands (kick/ban/etc). So people are talking about playing in their own servers with people that are obviously hacking (yes there are hacks out for it already) and they can do nothing outside of shutting the server down to get rid of them.

Much of what I've said about the MP is heresay at the moment, though it's obvious enough if you check out the main forums. UBI blew it on their shipments to canada, so I'm STILL waiting on the copy that I pre-ordered from them.

Gotta love paying almost double the price for the privilege of getting the game a week late.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Late Show
4. Re: Second Impression May 6, 2006, 17:26 Teddy

Overall, it's a fantastic game for single player.

The multiplayer aspect still has yet to be finished. That's what happens when the dev team is given a total of 1 1/2 years to complete a game instead of the usual 2-3...

There is a map editor in the works, as well as more multiplayer maps and more multiplayer modes and a SA dedicated server. They'll be released in a free add-on (read: Patch) most likely set for early-mid June.

Yes, right now I've heard many varied reports on how the game runs in MP. It is VERY MUCH dependant on the power of the person's computer hosting as much as it is on their bandwidth. If they haven't got something with decent horsepower, it causes no end of trouble for everyone.

If you're looking to buy the game for MP: WAIT FOR THE MP PATCH. If you enjoy a good SP game as well... pick it up now and give it a shot.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
11. Re: Ads May 2, 2006, 22:14 Teddy

Funny, I haven't seen a single one in english. The nokia one I saw literally only said "Nokia" and the Axe one said "Viva Axe".

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. Re: No subject May 2, 2006, 12:14 Teddy

While I could care less about most games, I always love having text based trivia games on phones. Very useful for long drives so long as you've got someone to read the questions.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
9. Re: No subject May 2, 2006, 00:20 Teddy

Take it for what you will, if you are a fan of tactical shooters and have the system to run the game, it's been excellent so far. It takes a little while to get used to the feel of it, with a different FOV and with the body awareness (which extends beyond just seeing your feet, I might add). It has a very distinctive feel to it that mimics the actual motion of a body. Whoever said it was a budget title is just a fucking moron, plain and simple.

As for the mod tool deal... this is getting weird. GRIN has stated many times very specifically that they ARE going to be releasing mod tools and that they're currently working on tweaking them to make them more user friendly. This comment from UBI came from out of the blue and a lot of the fans of the game are somewhat confused by it.

One of the GRIN employees basically said that at this point it's Girard's word against theirs and that it may be related to his definition of 'modding tools'. So far as I can tell they aren't planning a full SDK, but definitely mapping tools and scripting tools as well. There was a comment earlier this year (february or early march, can't recall offhand) where they talked about the ability to create new game modes with the modding tools as well as new weapons and maps.

GRIN at the moment is on vacation, having just recently finished the game so we likely won't get an official response from them until they return in a week or two.

Edit: And why the hell are you taking someone elses word for what the game is like when there's a free demo to try for yourself? Compared to the demos we've seen out lately, it's relatively small (550 MB or so).

This comment was edited on May 2, 00:21.

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter Demo
44. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2006, 19:53 Teddy

. I sure as hell can't tell the difference between a ghost recon 800x600 and a ghost recon 1280x1024.

There's definitely a bug in the demo. If you change your resolution from the main menu without already being in mission, it never changes resolution. Workaround is to load into a mission, THEN go into the menu and change resolution. There is definitely a difference between 800x600 and 1280x1024 in the game.

Edit: I really wish people would stop calling this a port. Anyone that claims such has OBVIOUSLY never played a single other version of GRAW, be it PS2, Xbox or Xbox 360. It's an entirely different engine and it plays NOTHING like the other versions.
This comment was edited on Apr 26, 19:55.

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter Demo This Week?
22. Re: Diamond crap Apr 25, 2006, 00:04 Teddy

Red diamonds to identify enemies are toggleable in Single Player and do not exist at all in multiplayer. We don't know if the friendly ID's are optional or not and won't now until the game or demo comes out thanks to a few morons at the Ghostrecon.net forums that cost us dev involvement in the community.

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter Demo This Week?
19. Re: This is looking more and more promis Apr 24, 2006, 17:44 Teddy

That video you linked to is from the Xbox 360 version, Paranoid, not the PC version. There are no multiplayer trailers for the PC and only a few videos that contain small scraps of PC multiplayer action.

News Comments > Gold - Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
1. The time has come... Apr 18, 2006, 20:38 Teddy

By all accounts and all information I've seen and heard from the developers themselves, this game is the new god of modern day tactical shooters.

Time to go book May 3rd off work... and 4th... and 5th...

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Misleading Ubisoft Ad? Apr 18, 2006, 11:29 Teddy

Complete and utter bullshit.

It's not a misleading ad, they cited almost exactly what the gamespy previewer said. If anyone is misleading people, it's gamespy with their pandering previews that flaunt every new game they preview as the best thing since sliced bread, only to turn around and bash it in the official REview.

I'm not a huge Ubisoft fan, myself but frankly trying to pin the blame on them for simply using a favourable quote from a preview in their marketing is VERY shallow. Blame the reviewers and previewers that write page long advertisements for games instead of giving their actual opinions.

The funny thing is, the Gamespy guy that called it "One of the best games on PSP" in the preview is the same person who panned the game in the official review, giving it 2 out of 5 stars. Is it ubisoft's fault that this guy can't make up his mind and puts out official statements anyways?

News Comments > Sunday Previews
1. Games Radar on Crack? Apr 16, 2006, 20:53 Teddy

GRAW looks, feels and controls nearly exactly like the recent Rainbow Six: Lockdown.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

News Comments > Ubisoft Drops StarForce
36. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2006, 18:51 Teddy

What really astounds me is that an actual StarForce topic on here gets less posts about Starforce than most other topics.

News Comments > Heroes of Might and Magic V Demo
63. Re: What? Apr 13, 2006, 21:41 Teddy

Getting SF out of ONE game from ONE developer is "beating it to hell"?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6147655.html

Weeee!

51. Re: Demo Impression Apr 13, 2006, 18:25 Teddy

The camera controls are just like Silent Storm and since I am a big fan it doesnt cause any problems at all.

Thus far I'm quite impressed by the additions to the hero customization with new skills and whatnot. I'm still not sold on the need for a 3d panoramic view, it hasn't added anything to the game but a bit of unnecessary eye candy that really only gets in the way of actual gameplay.

The camera controls are fine in and of themselves, the problem I have is that the camera control button is the exact same one as the query button. I'm constantly finding myself frustrated trying to get info on the size of a group of enemies only to have the camera shift a fraction and the info screen disappear on me. I suppose I could lower my mouse sensitivity, but that seems a poor workaround when they could have easily made the query button the middle mouse button instead of the right.

That aside, combat seems much more dramatic than in previous versions. Just the small additions, better music, the cheering when you destroy a group of enemies, etc... Lots of nice small touches that lets you feel the game that much more.

Not a fan of the little floating messages that pop up ("You've already visited this week", etc). They could be placed in a more useful location, and be stationary. Minor quirk, but so far I've not seen much else to complain about.

49. Re: VGPRO Apr 13, 2006, 18:12 Teddy

its very simple, most people on this website regularly pirate games, and starforce is the first thing in a long time that is stopping them. its no wonder you all hate it so much, and spread rumors of it damaging your systems.

Oh, I take it back. THIS is the most idiotic comment I've seen today.

Every starforce protected game ever released has been cloned and then subsequently cracked. It is no more effective than any other method of copy protection in existence.

So whilst you accuse everyone of spreading rumours, perhaps you should stop trying to spread other unfounded rumours in the same breath, hmm?

47. Re: VGPRO Apr 13, 2006, 18:08 Teddy

Those that don't like battling StarForce and its ilk don't care for videogaming in the least (because SF and DRM could KILL THE INDUSTRY by alienating users), and should take up another hobby. I hear public libraries are quite full of interesting books to read.

ROFL. This is the most idiotic statement I've read so far today. Thanks for the laugh, moron.

Let me get this straight... you fear Starforce because you think it will alienate users and stop them from playing games. Then you say that anyone that doesn't fight Starforce should stop playing games. That's right, you'll win your war against alienating gamers by alienating other gamers instead. Good job. Thumbs up.

Maybe you should take a clue from your own words and go read something at a library once and a while. You might shape that brain of yours up into something useful.

It's one thing to argue against something and quite another to say that anyone that doesn't show as much furor or zeal as you should go away, or that they care less about the situation. Froth at the mouth all you like, it doesn't mean you care any more than anyone else. It just means you act like an idiot whilst 'battling' your enemy. "Battling Starforce"... "Killing the industry"... yeesh, could you be any more melodramatic?

News Comments > Strike Force Publishing Deal
19. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2006, 23:29 Teddy

You don't even need Strike Force in that equation.

If Stardock EVER released a game using Starforce, reality as we know it would unravel.

News Comments > Strike Force Publishing Deal
10. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2006, 14:39 Teddy

Eh? What does Red Orchestra have to do with CS-clones?

News Comments > Ensemble Goes MMO
13. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2006, 13:12 Teddy

I want one that charges by usage, not monthly fees.

That's actually one hell of an idea for casual players. I think it would have to be an option, either pay by hour, or pay per month, so that the power players don't get stung with unrealistic bills.

News Comments > Caeron 3000 Revamped Again
2. Re: Durrrr Mar 28, 2006, 10:13 Teddy

No kidding. Even the developers don't know what it is and they've been working on it for how long?

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo