Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 5, 2004, 02:08
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
12. Re: No subject Nov 29, 2006, 16:51 Teddy

It was more than just the multiplayer, the single player was a solid game in and of itself, and with all the unlockable cheats and alternate game modes it gave you a reason to strive for things within the game itself, beyond the simple completion of a level. Something that most games that followed have failed to do.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Nice Nov 29, 2006, 02:02 Teddy

Only Sony wasn't shot for it.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
12. Re: Nov 27, 2006, 19:32 Teddy

MMOTC... and just think of what they could do with the Wii controller! It'd almost be like the real thing.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. Here we go again.... Nov 21, 2006, 22:32 Teddy

Scapegoats are fun, aren't they kids?

News Comments > The Early Show
1. Did I miss something? Nov 21, 2006, 13:21 Teddy

"With the complete freedom to blow up all the crap you want..."

Did they suddenly switch things around? Are we the terrorists in this game now? I thought it was a game where you play CT operatives that go out to STOP people from doing just that.

Yet another sterling example of a fine series being ground into the dirt.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Star Wars: The Best of PC
1. ... Nov 21, 2006, 10:29 Teddy

How the hell did Battlefront get in and Tie Fighter get left out?

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Announced
30. Re: Co-op Nov 21, 2006, 10:26 Teddy

Considering that most of the games I listed were recent and a couple have yet to be released, I'd say it is a bandwagon. Co-op is becoming a new fad.

SWAT 3, SWAT 4, Rogue Spear, Raven-Shield, Lockdown, Ghost Recon, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Operation Flashpoint, Armed Assault, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Battlefield 2, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 1942, Aliens vs. Predator, Delta Force: Black Hawk Down, NOLF 2, Line of Sight: Vietnam, The Regiment, Vietcong, Vietcong 2, Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood, Pariah, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Hidden and Dangerous, Hidden and Dangerous 2, SC:PT, SC:CT...

Frankly, I think the complaint that there aren't any co-op FPS games around is a load of crap. It's conspicuously missing from a few AAA titles (CoD and MoH series notably), but there's hardly been a lack of co-op support in games. It's also not something new or a "fad" by any means. The list I gave spans the last six to eight years.

News Comments > Frontline: Kursk Renamed Frontline: Fields of Thunder
9. Re: No subject Nov 16, 2006, 15:34 Teddy

Its only the biggest battle fought on earth. ever. And yes, D-day, Pearl Harbour, Market Garden, the entire vietnam war, and the gulf war, and the Iraq war, all peanuts, compared to Kursk. 300 000 dead in one battle.

The largest Tank battle ever fought. Not the largest battle. Prussia = over 2 million dead, Stalingrad = 1.5 million dead. Even the Somme from WWI had over 1 million dead by the end of it.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: No subject Nov 14, 2006, 12:30 Teddy

Doubt they're making a profit by any means with this strategy. It's more about getting into the market and convincing people to buy real copies as opposed to pirated versions - breaking old habits and whatnot.

The problem is, with our prices averaging $25-$30 for a new DVD, WE are the ones paying for their lower prices. If they didn't have the commercial profits from the western world, they'd never even consider selling for that low in China.

All this says to me is that Fox is making WAY too much profit from movies they sell to us. They've practically announced that they're price gouging the North American market. Time for me to stop buying from them.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 12:32.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Splinter Cell: Double Agent
4. Re: No subject Nov 7, 2006, 18:01 Teddy

Edit: I stand corrected, I've been under the impression that SC:DA was on UE3, but apparently it's not. It still does require SM3.0 though.

Nonetheless, the PC version and the 360 version are identical when it comes to SP, while the lesser consoles have a slightly different game based upon the same storyline, with far less graphic detail, much like GRAW.

This comment was edited on Nov 7, 18:20.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Splinter Cell: Double Agent
3. Re: No subject Nov 7, 2006, 17:59 Teddy

As with everywhere else that I keep seeing people shocked by it, this is to warn you all:

THIS GAME REQUIRES SM3.0!

You cannot run it on an X800/X850 series card. You MUST have either a minimum of a 6600 Nvidia card or X1600 ATI (though X1300 is rumored to work too, but keep in mind that's a RUMOR only)

News Comments > UFO Extraterrestrials Delayed
7. Re: Whats the point of turn based games Nov 6, 2006, 17:56 Teddy

I was so tempted to come in and make a fool of that moron, but Beamer beat me to it. I need to get here faster on mondays.

News Comments > Gold - Splinter Cell Double Agent
13. Re: nice looking! Oct 26, 2006, 19:52 Teddy

Is this a new engine? Or the same one as the first? Does it support advanced shaders 3.0 etc?

Yes, and yes. Unreal 3 engine, and SM 3.0 is required (ATI x1300/x1600/x1800/etc, or Nvidia 6xxx/7xxx series required)

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: Wow Oct 23, 2006, 18:41 Teddy

Where it's been? Where have YOU been is the better question.

This is the third game in the series, UFO: Aftermath, UFO: Aftershock and now, UFO: Afterlight.

Not bad games. Unfortunately they're 100% realtime, no option for turn based play at all. It doesn't have quite as much depth as the X-com games, but at least they're keeping the genre alive.

News Comments > DEFCON Gold
16. Re: Excited Sep 26, 2006, 12:48 Teddy

I see there's single player mode vs. AI and multiplayer mode vs other players. Is there multiplayer mode vs AI (co-op)?

Yes.

The real question is, is there an AI vs AI mode.

And yes.

News Comments > Epic China
1. Bah. Sep 23, 2006, 19:00 Teddy

Well, they just lost my business.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Vegas... Sep 20, 2006, 02:31 Teddy

*sigh*

It's been confirmed. Despite UBI's assurances that they had a seperate team developing a game designed specifically for PC gamers, they just announced today on their forums that the PC version will be a direct port of the Xbox360 version of Vegas.

I shouldn't be surprised, yet I am. I always find it hard to believe a company would directly and blatantly lie to it's customers.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Juarez
3. Re: Call of Juarez Sep 15, 2006, 23:09 Teddy

The major problem I had with the game was the fact that the levels were so blatantly linear, yet I kept finding myself using trial and error to find the ONE acceptable way to complete a mission. Anything else and you either died or got a cutscene that sent you back a few paces.

Far too often in the game I just had no clue what I was supposed to do or where I was supposed to go aside from the general direction pointed out on the compass. That's all well and good in a non-linear game where you can find your own way and have multiple possible solutions to any given problem, but when there's only one acceptable path that doesn't get you killed, I expect a game to at least illustrate that path more clearly.

News Comments > Morning Previews
1. Vegas? Sep 15, 2006, 20:28 Teddy

Note that the preview posted on pc.ign.com is simply the Xbox 360 preview copied and pasted into the PC section.

This preview has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the PC version of Rainbow Six 5 and has zero information on what the PC version will be like.

News Comments > New America's Army
7. Re: I would buy this game.... Sep 14, 2006, 17:13 Teddy

Negative. That's 6 million that is part of the Army's Advertising budget. It's 6 Million that could have gone into print advertisements, or tv commercials, but it sure as hell won't go anywhere else. It's not like the US is about to cut it's military spending.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo