Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 5, 2004, 02:08
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > GRAW 2 Demo Patch
4. Re: Move along, folks.. Jun 8, 2007, 18:17 Teddy

Considering how beautifully the integrated auto-patching system works, I'd have to disagree with that. If I had to go find the patch and download it, I'd agree. This was one click of a button, wait 30 seconds, click ok and reload the demo.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Demo
5. Re: Well... Jun 7, 2007, 18:29 Teddy

Wait- this is the MP demo? Where's the SP demo?

Don't think they're doing an SP demo until later, if at all. They got a TON of flack last time for only releasing a SP demo and no MP demo. Either they had to make a decision of one or the other, or they overcompensated for all the bitching. Personally, I'd rather have the MP demo anyways, but that's me.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 18:30.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Teaser Movie
21. Re: What a pile... Jun 5, 2007, 20:57 Teddy

The actual game will be top down or 3/4 view pixelated characters running around?

Who said that? Last I recall, it was going to be first person.

News Comments > F.E.A.R. S.E.Q.U.E.L. P.L.A.N.S.
32. Re: No subject Jun 5, 2007, 15:06 Teddy

How about F.E.A.R. 2
What a fucking concept.
It's worked well for every other game of decent or better quality.
Why not stick with it here?
You need something poetic? Like... Remittance, or Rebirth? Maybe Redux, or Rehab?
The first poster in this thread was right.. opening your title up like this basically says, "we don't care."

Because they don't own the rights to the name F.E.A.R. Vivendi Universal does and Vivendi is planning on doing their own sequel using a different studio than Monolith.

Monolith on the other hand, and their parent company (I believe it was Warner Brothers Interactive) own the rights to the FEAR universe and decided to make their own sequel, but they can't use the name without Vivendi's permission (ie: without paying them a boatload for it).

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: GRAW May 25, 2007, 22:38 Teddy

No. It's built on the same engine as the original GRAW, just a little more refined now that they're on their second game with it.

Still has fairly high requirements, but supposedly runs smoother with good equipment than the original did.

News Comments > Gothic 4 Announced
9. Re: No subject May 23, 2007, 10:13 Teddy

Actually I can't ever remember jowood releasing a "polished" or even.. "out of beta" game.. anyone?

I don't remember Silent Storm being all that buggy.

News Comments > StarCraft II Announced
131. Re: No subject May 20, 2007, 16:55 Teddy

Wrong, wrong, wrong. Videogames are not passive entertainment. You have to interact with them and therefore, you have to think. Except with Diablo. Being fun is simply the minimum requirement for any game. They have to be more than just fun. They have to have depth and longevity. That's what separates the great from the decent.

Bullshit. I still enjoy playing tetris and Bejewelled and other games that companies like popcap makes. They don't have depth or longevity, and they really don't require you to think beyond the most basic methods to play the game.

It's pretty obvious that you know absolutely jack shit about games. Thank god you don't make them for a living, or you'd be stone broke.

News Comments > StarCraft II Announced
130. Re: No subject May 20, 2007, 16:51 Teddy

As for Diablo's critical success and popularity... since when have those ever been a reliable measure of quality? The Sims has both critical and popular success. Halo has both. CS too. Does that make them good games? Hardly.

No, the level of polish on all of the above listed games, the balance formula that keeps them competitive and interesting and the gameplay that the majority of gamers seem to enjoy make them good games.

The fact that you don't like them doesn't make them bad. Get over yourself.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Spiderman 3 May 6, 2007, 22:55 Teddy

Hell, I'd forgotten about Lexx.

I've seen a ton of episodes but years ago. Very VERY weird. Strange universe created in it. Very low production quality, not a lot of money behind it I imagine. It's interesting, dark and very bizarre theme with quirky humour.

Not on the top of my lists, but I'd rather watch Lexx than most of (if not all) the Star Treks, if that says anything.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Spiderman 3 May 6, 2007, 22:43 Teddy

As mentioned, Farscape is excellent. Great writing, very witty. Andromeda is alright, not super fantastic, but worth seeing.

As far as I'm concerned, the top Sci-Fi shows worth watching are:

Firefly
Farscape
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica (New)

Firefly is my absolute favourite, though it was only one season. Great characters, unique feel and the best dialog you'll find in any sci-fi show.

News Comments > Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Revelation on Saturday
7. Re: No subject Apr 25, 2007, 10:47 Teddy

Good. I'm glad that they listened to fans and decided to do something other than WW2. Considering there's no popular, top tier modern warfare infantry game out there now, this is a good move for them. Vegas fizzled out and so did GRAW because of the same reasons, GRAW 2 is looking to have the exact same issues.

While I've never been a big fan of the CoD series, CoD4 might just be my game of choice for the next while, until Blackfoot is done what they're working on.

News Comments > Gold - UFO: Extraterrestrials
8. Re: Curious? Apr 18, 2007, 15:33 Teddy

It's pretty obvious from Joss' posts that he's never played an X-com game to begin with, especially considering he's comparing it to Gauntlet. Why are you even posting about a game-type that you know nothing of, Joss? The last thing we need around here are more ignorant opinions.

News Comments > GRAW 2 MP Beta Nears
8. Re: PC MP modes not so exclusive... Mar 23, 2007, 22:04 Teddy

There was a hell of a lot more difference between GRAW PC and GRAW 360 than just bigger maps.

As stated, the "planning" map on the PC version was a realtime overview of the area. The PC version was 1st person as opposed to 3rd person. The PC version had the ability to hand out individual orders to each squad member and have them execute on command, whereas the 360 version required you to order your entire squad to perform a command.

That said, the PC version released with less maps and WAY WAY WAYYYYY less server options than the 360 version and was generally more clunky and cumbersome when playing. They had some good ideas, but ultimately failed to hit the mark. They also released with NO stand alone dedicated server package and no functional anti-cheat, and one HELL of a lot of bugs from crashes to disconnection problems, and a total of 5 MP maps. Yes, five maps with only ONE adversarial game mode and one cooperative mode that was gimped from the get-go by ending the game whenever the person playing Captain Mitchell died.

All the failures of GRAW PC compared to GRAW 360 were EXACTLY what prompted many people to flat out request that GRAW 2 be a port. Yes, people actually asked for that. Lots of people.

Time will tell how GRAW 2 fares on PC, but after Lockdown, GRAW and Vegas, UBI can be damned sure they won't get a cent of my money unless it happens to be spectacular, stable AND complete with SADS and anti-cheat. At this point, I'm not even interested in the beta. That's how disappointed I am with the way GRAW and Vegas played out.

News Comments > Christmas Tech Bits
4. Re: Dec 25, 2006, 23:45 Teddy

Yes, it has it's quirks. Had a nasty habit of crashing in MP, but that's all but been resolved with the second patch. I've not crashed since and I used to ever 10 minutes or so. I've still heard of a couple people crashing, and the game does NOT like Norton's Firewall, or McAfee's. At least it has good taste.

There's a couple little ones now, but none that are gamebreaking if you ask me. The biggest problems are, in order:

1) System requirements, if you don't have an SM3.0 capable video card already.
2) No SADS files yet, but they are on the verge of being released.
3) Punkbuster isn't working properly yet, no access to it's commands
and
4) No map editor. No word on whether or not we'll see one, but there's hope.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Vegas Patch
18. Re: Like it so far... like it a lot. Dec 23, 2006, 18:00 Teddy

But those crazy Canadians making these last two games (GRAW & R6V)

Canadians were not involved AT ALL in the development of any version of GRAW so far as I know.

Red Storm and Ubi Paris handled the 360 version, Ubi Shanghai did the Xbox version, and GRIN did the PC version. (Grin are from sweden, I believe).

14. Re: so much for next gen Dec 21, 2006, 20:54 Teddy

Is it true that there's no campaign coop in the original xbox version? Because the xbox 360 version has 4 player campaign coop that's quite good.

Eh? There is no original xbox version so far as I know. 360, PS3 and PC only.

13. Re: No subject Dec 21, 2006, 20:51 Teddy

It's fun. Buy it.

I concur. Now that the second patch has been released, correcting many of the crashes that had been plaguing MP for me, I'm having a damn good time playing it.

If you have any questions about it specifically, feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer.

16. Re: No subject Dec 13, 2006, 03:21 Teddy

Um, so the unpatched game didn't let you change your resolution? Sigh.

No... you can change your resolution unpatched just fine. Not sure what this means. Maybe it means we can set it up for widescreen resolutions now. That wasn't included in the release version for some reason.

News Comments > MMO Firefly
10. Re: No subject Dec 7, 2006, 21:07 Teddy

It may well flop, but I can't off the top of my head come up with a better universe to make a game that handles trading and piracy, along the same line as the privateer series than the Firefly universe.

If they can manage something like that (albeit in an MMO style) and some interesting planets to explore on foot/mule, then I'm sold. I'd be tempted to buy it just to show that there are some people out there still interested in Firefly, even if the game isn't absolutely brilliant.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
25. Re: No subject Dec 5, 2006, 19:00 Teddy

define skills in GW

Same concept as skills in WoW (think charge, whirlwind, etc), only a greater number with greater variety and more interaction between the skills and how they're used.

How you pair skills up is the name of the game in Guild Wars, since you can only bring so many with you when you set out on a mission/battle, unlike WoW where you can use any and all of them.

Imagine playing WoW and only being able to use the one action bar to hold your skill icons on and not being able to access any others. You have to pick and choose which are most valuable to you and which complement each other more.

It doesn't necessarily make sense from a realistic standpoint... I mean, why wouldn't your character be able to use all the skills he knows? But it makes for very interesting gameplay conventions and makes you think about different builds, much in the same way talents do in WoW only with more of a direct impact on HOW you fight than the talents have.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 36.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo