Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 5, 2004, 02:08
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Bungie Beta Tester Signups
6. Re: Bungie Beta Tester Signups Nov 21, 2010, 00:23 Teddy

justice7 wrote on Nov 20, 2010, 12:58:
i'd like to see Myth: The Fallen Lords redone .....

Hells yes. One of the few games with an aptly titled "Legendary" difficulty setting. I beat exactly 1 level on that difficulty and I still remember it to this day.

Just minding my business, setting up my sparse few soldiers, looking about for enemies. Find one, kill it... then look up at the minimap and see it slowly turning red from the top down. "?? What the hell is that? ... Oh dear god." It's not a graphic bug, there's just that many enemies. Cheesed my way through it by having my only surviving sapper flee from the horde of shuffling zombies, leading them in a big circle around the map and occasionally pausing to toss a det pack back at them.

Sadly, that franchise is probably lost to history much like many others that deserve a place in modern gaming.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: blops Nov 16, 2010, 17:43 Teddy

Yes, it's absolutely true. I found that out while replaying the missions, hunting for intel. If you play like you're incompetent and just wander around aimlessly until the npcs start yelling at you, then run up to the next script trigger point, they'll clear up any remaining enemies and move on while you just stand around and try not to get shot.

It's a pity so many games for the uber scripted approach. But then, it's a CoD title, so you pretty much have to be expecting exactly that. I'm not sure I can recall the last time I actually enjoyed single player in a shooter... maybe SWAT 4.

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Beta Plans
3. Re: Tactical Intervention Beta Plans Nov 11, 2010, 21:51 Teddy

Having watched the videos, I find it hard to consider this any more a tactical fps than Call of Duty is. Add to that the graphics and sounds that don't even seem on par with CS:Source, much less games like Black Ops, Medal of Honor, Bad Company, etc and I think the price point is going to have a larger impact on whether it does well than the gameplay.

If this thing ships at anything higher than $20, it'll be laughed off store shelves before it even sells a single copy.

Guess it's time to find my copy of SWAT 4 again and re-install that and cry myself to sleep over what's considered 'tactical' today.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
21. Re: 3M claims ownership over purple. Oct 27, 2010, 21:46 Teddy

Interestingly enough a quick google search turns up several different companies that all supposedly own or at least filed for a trademark over the colour purple. Cadbury apparently owns the use of purple (at least pertaining to chocolate sales) in australia. Kimberly-Clark owns it pertaining to disposable gloves, registering the trademark in 2006.

It's just one more of those legal oddities.

To the best of my knowledge, Cadbury is the only one of the bunch that actually made it a point to prosecute another chocolatier for using the colour purple on their packaging.

News Comments > WoW Death Knights Expand
33. Re: WoW Death Knights Expand Jan 9, 2009, 16:08 Teddy

If you cant handle peoples opinions, you shouldnt visit internet forums

The only one I see that can't handle someone's opinion is you.

More important than that little point is that when you claim to be "stating facts" then you are no longer giving your opinion. While you may like to think that they fuck things up all the time and do everything wrong, the world as a whole proves you wrong every single day, with every single new account created. How many years old and still growing? Yeah, they fuck everything right up don't they?

Of course you'll point to a dozen other trolls like yourself who claim to know better than anyone else about how the game "should" be, and you'll somehow try to insult anyone who's perfectly happy with the game, simply because you aren't. At some point along the way you have to stop and think... maybe it's you. How can millions upon millions of people be playing the game and be happy enough with it to keep paying and keep playing while you mire away in anger, frustration and self-pity because you think you know better about how the game "should" be?

Retard.

News Comments > US Army Game Plans
10. Re: US Army Game Plans Nov 23, 2008, 22:11 Teddy

*NOTE: only free if you are not a US citizen

Eh. People seriously make way too big a deal about it being tax funded, trying to play like they're owed something for their 'contribution' to the game's funding. The reality is that the average person in the US pays $0.02 per year toward the game.

The fact that people feel the need to obsess over that tiny an amount of cash and must consistently point out that it's not "free" because they paid a whole 2 cents last year for it is about as anal and petty as you can get if you ask me.

News Comments > Three-Day WoW Downtime Credit
5. Re: Three-Day WoW Downtime Credit Nov 1, 2008, 20:59 Teddy

Don't know what realm people are on that they're claiming 3 weeks of instability. My server is a high pop server and while the server was messed up the day of the patch until 9 or 10pm, it's been flawless since.  

News Comments > Fallout 3 Interview
31. Re: Fallout 3 Interview Oct 27, 2008, 21:54 Teddy

I don't hold any regard for the human race at all. I believe we are a scourge, a vermin on this planet. After all we are most likely talking about a self inflicted apocalypse.

Then please do the earth (and the rest of us) a favor and kill yourself. One less vermin on the planet.

News Comments > WoW Plague Plagues WoW
43. Re: WoW Plague Plagues WoW Oct 27, 2008, 19:04 Teddy

Its the children who sit down and whine instead of using the brain to understand that the game has temporarily changed. As this plague spreads across the land.

Which is of course your attempt at trying to seem older. I know many people 30+ who are irritated as hell about this event.

It's not the zombies, it's not the fact that you can get infected. It's the fact that douchebags are making it a point to kill off as many flight masters in obscure locations as they can, leaving you to either spend the extra half hour walking somewhere, or waiting on the mob to respawn only to be infected yourself, die and respawn just in time to watch them kill the flight master again.

The story is interesting. The implementation is pathetic and poorly thought out. They should at the very least have the healers standing beside all the flight masters alongside some heavy duty 75+ guards that will destroy anyone trying to kill flight masters. I could care less about any other npcs.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Midnight Launch Events; Steam Pre-Purchase
16. Re: Fallout 3 Midnight Launch Events; St Oct 25, 2008, 15:43 Teddy

I remember when some stores sold hl2 a couple days early, valve refused to let them unlock their RETAIL COPIES THEY BOUGHT to play. They had to wait until the actual day of release, and it wasn't midnight that day either.

It's funny to me that you blame Valve for that and not the stores that sold the copies early, even though THEY knew full well that Valve had no intention of unlocking the games before the official release day.

News Comments > Stardock's DRM Plans
20. Re: Stardock's DRM Plans Oct 25, 2008, 01:08 Teddy

Anyone with an ounce of knowledge would know that putting stuff in quotes (as in you make quotes with your fingers) means you're not 100 percent sure on the actual details.

Actually, they mean the exact opposite. When you put things in quotes, it means you are DIRECTLY quoting something (as in, you are repeating word for word of what someone else has said), or as stated by someone else, are referencing a title of something. Quotes NEVER mean you are not 100 percent sure on what's inside them, not even if you're tacky enough to use the whole "quotes with your fingers" thing.
This comment was edited on Oct 25, 2008, 01:09.

News Comments > Mythic on WoW's WAR "Imitation"
48. Re: Mythic on WoW's WAR "Imitation" Oct 21, 2008, 14:40 Teddy

Open world PvP existed a hell of a long time before WAR came out too. So did the idea of levelling through PvP. I don't know why this douche thinks they did something so original that they can call other people out on it.

News Comments > WoW Paid Customization Coming
45. Re: Really? Oct 13, 2008, 17:04 Teddy

Well now. This sealed the deal for me. I was waffling about cancelling my pre-order for WotLK, but this money milking scheme has made the decision for me. Act/Bliz the next EA. There seems to be execs there that need to be donkey-punched in the face until they're in a coma.

Rofl. Whine a little more, you belligerent, angst filled moron. They're offering a new service, possibly charging for it and rather than realizing that if you just ignore it, then NOTHING CHANGES FOR YOU. The game is exactly the same. Yes, how dare they offer something that you don't have to pay for that has nothing more than a superficial effect on the game. As a matter of fact, how dare they add bear mounts to an instance that requires that you spend a lot of time in game raiding and learning how to play to acquire. Damn money grubbing bastards... all they want is for you to play more and keep spending your money. They should have just given those mounts away for free!

All I can say now is I'm glad I won't be seeing you in game (if you're not flat out lying as I suspect you are about canceling). One less whiny tool to deal with, only a few million more to go.

News Comments > PC EndWar Planned?
13. Re: No subject Oct 7, 2008, 22:36 Teddy

Weren't Tom Clancy books *always* about subterfuge and never brute military might? What's the game going to consist of, you guiding one commando unit around a druglord's hacienda looking for hostages?

The book itself is pretty mediocre. Had a delayed flight and picked it up at a bookstore in the airport to read through while I waited and while I normally enjoy Tom Clancy books, this one was... well, pretty dull.

It does, however involve larger scale conflicts than Rainbow Six and much of the Jack Ryan series so in this case, an RTS isn't really out of the question. Though I get the impression this book was written based on the game rather than the other way around, which may explain why it's lacking in depth.

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2008, 23:56 Teddy

Is Stubbs worth $4.99? I've always been interested in it, and at that price it's less than a good drink around here...

I thought it was amusing for a short while. More than enough to be worth $5.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Censored for AU, and Everywhere Else Too
14. Re: Shame Sep 9, 2008, 20:33 Teddy

Really now.... this is some serious over-reacting by people. The altered version, according to what he actually says is that the drugs in the game now use fictional names instead of real world names.

Did Fallout 1 or 2 use real world names for drugs? No.

OMG THEY'RE DUMBING DOWN THE GAME! THEY'RE NOT MAKING IT LIKE THE ORIGINAL!! ... Oh wait....

Idiots. The original 2 games didn't suffer for having this exact same level of "censorship". Why are people assuming this one will?

News Comments > Gold - Mac Call of Duty 4
4. Re: No subject Sep 5, 2008, 20:03 Teddy

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.

Classic.

News Comments > EA: Second-Hand Games a "Critical Situation"
87. Re: Aug 29, 2008, 19:18 Teddy

Way to rant on and show your ignorance Creston. I said what I did because I know it to be a fact. Of the many jobs I've had, one of them happened to be managing a video rental store (Yes, it was part of a big chain) and I'd take a solid bet that I know more about that particular industry than you do. We certainly paid less per copy than a small rental store did, but it was still more than you would pay for a personal copy for the exact reason that I specified.

You cannot buy a movie and rent it out legally without the express permission of the studios that hold the copyright. That permission comes with an additional cost because you are technically making public showings of their product and making money off of it.

Next time you think to open your mouth on a subject that you know jack shit about, maybe you should just save yourself the time and stick your foot in first.

News Comments > EA: Second-Hand Games a "Critical Situation"
33. Re: Aug 28, 2008, 19:32 Teddy

The only way I'd even buy a non-resalable game is if the purchase price was 10-20% of a normal game.

Jebus... you people are so eager to bash that you don't even bother to read. First, he's absolutely right that game stores reselling games is a direct rip off from the game's developers as the stores bank every penny and don't have to give a cent to any suppliers that would trickle down to the publisher and developer.

Second, he never once... NOT ONCE... I'll repeat, just so MAYBE you'll read it, NOT FREAKING ONCE EVER... did he say he was going to make games that are unable to be sold second hand. What he said was that they were trying to build games that are more online supported with additional services and additional content that you get online so people will see the value in buying the game. They're trying to give more advantages to people who bought the game responsibly rather than those who tried to save five or ten bucks by buying it in a way that gives the developer nothing.

People can bitch and moan all they like, but frankly people who buy used games and claim to be gamers or people who care about the video game industry disgust me. Spend the extra $5 and support the development companies, not just the vendors.

By the way, comparing rentals to resales is beyond ignorant. Rental companies are required to pay extra for copies of media that they intend to rent out for commercial gains, thus the game companies get a cut. Games stores that bought a copy of a used game back off you and resell it to another person are not presently in the same situation, though they sure as hell should be.

News Comments > Space Siege DVD Patch
12. Re: No subject Aug 28, 2008, 07:44 Teddy

Actually, the game is pretty bad and it's reflected well in some very poor review scores as well.

The big thing that Action RPGs did was item gathering. Collecting bigger, better equipment all the time, trying to complete sets, etc. This game entirely removed all of that. There's a set amount of weapons that you find in specific points in the game, no randomness or chance involved, and the same can be said about the 'cybernetic enhancements'. They show up as plot points.

While the personal and weapon upgrades were a good idea, they hardly make up for the COMPLETE lack of variety in the game.

Essentially, they took everything that was good about the genre, removed it and said... look you can click on and kill aliens!

The strange thing is, the masses of gear options is the one thing that Dungeon Siege did very well along with it's seamless environments. I can't fathom why they would have removed it for this game, which was billed as Dungeon Siege IN SPACE.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo