Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 5, 2004, 02:08
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses
29. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 11:33 Teddy

bhcompy wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 11:06:
LMG whores are the worst whores. Seriously, die in a newb fire

Who is this retard? Because I chose to play a medic to try and help my team that makes me a "newb"?

Perhaps you misunderstand the concept of Battlefield games.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 04:15 Teddy

DangerDog wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:47:
InBlack wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 03:43:
So....this game sounds more and more like an MMO....Will we have to grind to unlock the AK-47?

Probably not the AK, but yes I'm sure there will be lots of grinding to be had to unlock weapons.

I suppose if you define playing the game normally as "grinding" then yes, there will be plenty of it. It's far from an MMO's sitting in the same spot killing the same mobs a thousand times over. Just play the game in whatever manner you enjoy most and things useful to you will unlock.

21. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 04:12 Teddy

OldScho0l wrote on Aug 2, 2011, 02:10:
@Teddy
It has always been an option in BC2. It's considered a casual feature where as Hardcore servers have it disabled. 2D spotting is enabled via the map, but Hardcore doesn't have the mini map and you have to actually open your map to see the 2D spots. I only play on Hardcore mode in BC2 because I hate the 3D spotting and insane damage a player can take in casual mode. The Alpha was casual mode.

I had a total blast playing BF3! Now I'm wishing that prone could be added into BC2.

Only ever tried normal mode in BC2 once. As soon as I saw how many rounds it took from an LMG to kill someone, I logged off and went to hardcore, so I don't think I ever saw the 3d spotting in that game.

That said, I didn't find the damage model far off from Hardcore BC2 to the alpha for BF3. People died plenty fast in it, giving or recieving. The spotting was just silly when you could spam Q and have little arrows pointing out people you'd never have seen.

I get the intent of it, and sure it helps with teamwork, but it's far from balanced. It really needs to have a cooldown on the use of it, and have the range it will spot people limited so that they have to be closer to the crosshair for it to work. This "everything in the scope" stuff should be restricted to recon who have the spotting mod.

15. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 2, 2011, 00:16 Teddy

Nate wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 23:12:
After many hours this weekend, I'd definitely say BF3 is worth $50.

The $60 price tag is a little on the painful side. I'll probably pre-order it on Origin.

I'll do $60 easily given how much fun I had with the alpha. The only real gripe I had was the 3d spotting, which with the many thousand post protest in the alpha forums, I have no doubt they'll make it a server option. As far as I know it always was in BC2 anyways, so it may well have always been their intention.

Just wish they'd actually SAY something on the matter.

3. Re: Battlefield 3 U.S. Preorder Bonuses Aug 1, 2011, 21:16 Teddy

Limiting the effectiveness of the pre-order based weapon?

If it makes you feel better, the pre-order weapons for MoH included an MP7 and an M60.

That said, since they've already confirmed that these items will be released to the public eventually, I'm personally less offended by the retailer specific content this time around.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
280. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 21:05 Teddy

D_K_night wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 20:58:
Haters LEAVE please.

I'm going to go with no, if for no other reason than to piss you off and have you continue to whine that other people actually have opinions on things.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Novel Plans
16. Re: Battlefield 3 Novel Plans Aug 1, 2011, 19:11 Teddy

DangerDog wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 13:52:
There needs to be at least one incidence of T-bagging dead enemy soldiers to be a credible book based on Battlefield 3.

Maybe they can cover the backstory on regenerating health too.

Now that you mention it, I wonder how many times in the book the main character is going to get shot then hide behind cover for 20 seconds until the wounds go away.

Any bets?

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
236. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 18:26 Teddy

Dev wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 18:09:
Teddy wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 17:25:
So, just so I'm clear on this... You have to pay blizzard to list an item on the AH (whether it sells or not), you have to pay blizzard again if that item sells (Source: Ars Tech), then you have to pay Blizzard a third time to transfer the money owed to a third party company that you have to pay to give you the remains of the money, and only if you live in the right area in the world.

With all that paying out, I'd be surprised if you get 10c on the dollar for everything you sell.
Except your link mentions its a flat fee to list and sell, and that its going to be a very small fraction of the higher end stuff.

I read that as well. The difference is, I don't trust Blizzard. THEY say it will be a very small fraction of the higher end stuff. Of course that's only based on their speculation of what higher end stuff might sell for, and not to mention what they consider "a very small fraction".

211. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 17:25 Teddy

MacLeod wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 16:30:
Dev wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 16:25:
I really doubt they are going to let anyone cash out to real money, its going to be for some form of in game currency. So the gold farmers will still not be interested in it.

From the Blizzard FAQ:
Can players choose to get cash from currency-based auction house sales, instead of having the proceeds deposited into their Battle.net account?
Yes, as an advanced feature, players will have the option of attaching an account with an approved third-party payment service to their Battle.net account. Once this has been completed, proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house can be deposited into their third-party payment service account. “Cashing out” would then be handled through the third-party payment service. Note that this process will be subject to applicable fees charged by Blizzard and the third-party payment service. Also, any proceeds from the sale of items in the currency-based auction house that have been deposited into the Battle.net account will not be transferrable to the third-party payment service account. Not all regions will support this advanced feature at launch. Region-specific details, as well as details regarding which third-party payment services will be supported and the fee that Blizzard will charge for the cash-out process, will all be provided at a later date.

Can we buy gold from the currency-based auction house?
Players will be able to buy and sell gold through the currency-based auction house at whatever the current market price is, as established by the player community.

So, just so I'm clear on this... You have to pay blizzard to list an item on the AH (whether it sells or not), you have to pay blizzard again if that item sells (Source: Ars Tech), then you have to pay Blizzard a third time to transfer the money owed to a third party company that you have to pay to give you the remains of the money, and only if you live in the right area in the world.

With all that paying out, I'd be surprised if you get 10c on the dollar for everything you sell.

78. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 13:43 Teddy

75. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 13:38 Teddy

MattyC wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 13:32:
I don't think you finished reading my comment. Or if you did you are just ignoring the meat of it.

I finished reading it, I just disregarded the rest since you oompletely contradict yourself, by passing it off as rage because it's Diablo 3 and not a random game, then you make up a different excuse as to why it requires constant connection.

It is NOT being made an "online game". It has a single player campaign, it's being sold as a single player and multiplayer game. That's why I didn't respond to the rest of your comment, because it's a lie.

71. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 13:29 Teddy

MattyC wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 13:26:
That said I have to wonder if they had called this Hackamaslash or whatever and released it would the rage still be there? I mean I keep reading where people call this DRM and spyware but it seems pretty silly to me. They are just making Diablo 3 an online game. You may not like that, but it doesn't make it DRM or spyware. No one said Guild Wars or a <name a MMO> had always on DRM. Just seems odd to me.

No, if it was called "Hackamaslash" and not Diablo 3, the bad press from permanent connection DRM would bury it before it was even released.

The fact that it's Diablo 3 and has the pedigree of one of the most loved franchises of all time is the only reason it will get away with it and people will still buy it.

68. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 13:27 Teddy

Wallshadows wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 13:00:
Otherwise, if you intend to play this game like most did in Diablo 2 for the multiplayer

That's an ENORMOUS assumption on your part, that 'most' people played Diablo 2 multiplayer. I'd bet the real statistics are quite the opposite.

66. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 13:23 Teddy

Now I have to wonder about the "real-money" auction house. I'm willing to bet that Blizzard has no intention of giving us the money someone bought an item for minus a brokerage fee. Instead, they'll keep all the money and give us in-game gold, no doubt.

Think I'll just make sure I vendor everything I don't need to make sure they don't make any extra money from me on that front.

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth F2P, Some Players Protest
11. Re: Heroes of Newerth F2P, Some Players Protest Jul 31, 2011, 01:16 Teddy

I don't doubt there are plenty of normal people who play as well, and plenty of extra-nice people who do as well. The problem is simply that the assholes are so painfully vocal that it's difficult to find a single match without one constantly spamming derisive comments, or even a forum post on their site without one. Hell, they had to create a special section on their forums to funnel those posts into.

That says something in and of itself.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 31, 2011, 00:23 Teddy

I heard he liked reading too. Best start burning all the books.  

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Origin Spoof
7. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE Origin Spoof Jul 31, 2011, 00:21 Teddy

Dades wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 23:42:
Icewind wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 18:34:
Wow this is old news. They did this like 3-4 days ago.

You're just now picking up on this?

Do you notice how Blue never responds to your unsubtle baiting? How does that cliche about repetition and insanity go again?

I'd say Blue's response, or lack thereof is far more effective. Ignore those that aren't worth the attention and they'll seek it elsewhere.

News Comments > Heroes of Newerth F2P, Some Players Protest
9. Re: Heroes of Newerth F2P, Some Players Protest Jul 31, 2011, 00:18 Teddy

atomicfro wrote on Jul 30, 2011, 23:05:
Just tried playing, and they are definitely elitist cocks.

Yes, yes they are and sadly that's one of the reasons this game doesn't have a larger audience. I know the hideous attitude of the players is the primary reason I won't drop a dime on the game. Hell, I won't even play it for free if I have to deal with those people on a regular basis.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
5. Re: Steamships Ahoy - E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy Jul 29, 2011, 16:48 Teddy

I'm a little wary. Looks interesting enough, but even in their own advertising videos on steam there are very clear framerate issues.  

News Comments > New Dune Legacy
3. Re: New Dune Legacy Jul 29, 2011, 01:12 Teddy

Shataan wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 00:49:
Wtf there is STILL not a fps made in the DUNE universe is anyones guess.

I blame the horrible 80's movie for diluting and confusing the lore. While it probably makes for easier transition into games with the sonic weaponry (something that shows up rarely in games today), you'd piss off loyalists who hated the change to canon.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo