Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 5, 2004, 02:08
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes
42. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes; Magic Find Debate; Endgame Woes Jul 4, 2012, 23:22 Teddy

Pigeon wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 21:39:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 21:29:
Jivaro wrote on Jul 4, 2012, 20:07:
Lack of randomized maps doesn't help.

Wait, what? The maps aren't randomized?

Some are some aren't, but event he ones that are, aren't like D2s maps.

I found most of the dunegons to be sufficiently randomized, just the outer world that really suffered from the static nature of itself.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
18. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 26, 2012, 20:19 Teddy

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 19:23:
nin wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 18:58:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 26, 2012, 17:51:
People still play Diablo 3?

I wondered that as well. Twice through was more than enough...

http://beta.xfire.com/games

#3 at xfire.

People still use xfire?

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
14. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 14, 2012, 21:56 Teddy

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 21:20:
Lucasarts and Georgy must be livid at EA.

(With his "retirement" and fuck you attitude towards the fans) I'm starting to think George doesn't care anymore. And that's a good thing! Maybe SW will eventually be passed to someone that respects it's history and treats it right.

And maybe even to someone that's willing to actually pay the actors what they owe them. Probably not, but one can always hope.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers
3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Character Transfers Jun 12, 2012, 21:53 Teddy

deqer wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 21:21:
yes, because once the script/tool is made and automated for transfers, it's still such a BIG ISSUE for a transfer from one database to another for you to mention "at no charge", right? ... lol. why would you charge for a tool that does the work automatically for you while you sleep, and probably only took several hours to make.

Considering the MMO that most people are familiar with DOES charge for server transfers, it's probably a good idea to mention that it doesn't. But of course, when a game company does something right (albeit WAY too late), it's still an opportunity to bitch isn't it?

News Comments > 38 Studios Bankrupt; FBI Investigating
25. Re: 38 Studios Bankrupt; FBI Investigating Jun 7, 2012, 18:30 Teddy

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 18:11:
There was no federal money involved. There was no taxpayer money involved until the genius governor caused the company to default on it's bank loan, which was co-signed by the state. This is the governor doing damage control, trying to make himself look good by having an investigation.

Gotta love fanboys passing the buck. Of course the solvency issues of 38 studios had -nothing- at all to do with them defaulting on the bank loan. It's that one person SAID something about their solvency issues. That must have been the problem.

They spent more money than they made on their first project, by a LONG shot, AND they were trying to fund development of an MMO when they had neither the experience, nor a recognized IP, nor the company reputation to back it up.

THEY caused their company to default by spending money stupidly and expecting huge sales on a title no one cared about, released in the same window as the kingpin of the genre. That they couldn't dupe any more 'investors' into handing them money so that they could burn it is no one's fault but their own.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
30. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 07:49 Teddy

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 25, 2012, 00:07:
Teddy wrote on May 24, 2012, 22:09:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2012, 21:46:
We also wanted to let you know that we're still looking into the best way to address the achievements that some players lost in the hours following the game’s release.

ummm...replay Act 1? heh.

Not that simple.

Two of the achievements that I lost are related to "Acquiring the blacksmith" and "Leveling up the blacksmith".

The latter only seems to count for the achievement the very first time you level up the blacksmith, not any subsequent levels. So leveling him from 8 to 9 doesn't count, only 1 to 2.

That's made a problem by the fact that the blacksmith is account-wide, not per character. As in, I can NEVER 'acquire' the blacksmith again on my account, because it's already been done. I can also never level him up from 1 to 2 again because he's well past that point now.

So yes, it needs a fix from Blizzard itself, not just a replaying of Act 1.
Stupid simple progress achievements like that are retarded anyway. Who the hell cares that you unlocked the blacksmith? Like there's a single player out there that doesn't get that one? I just don't get achievements like this I guess...

I tend to agree. Don't especially care about the achievement in and of itself, but to add to the issue it's part of several meta-achievements and as a completionist, I don't like seeing the incomplete status of them every time I flip through the achievements screen.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again
5. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 24, 2012, 22:09 Teddy

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2012, 21:46:
We also wanted to let you know that we're still looking into the best way to address the achievements that some players lost in the hours following the game’s release.

ummm...replay Act 1? heh.

Not that simple.

Two of the achievements that I lost are related to "Acquiring the blacksmith" and "Leveling up the blacksmith".

The latter only seems to count for the achievement the very first time you level up the blacksmith, not any subsequent levels. So leveling him from 8 to 9 doesn't count, only 1 to 2.

That's made a problem by the fact that the blacksmith is account-wide, not per character. As in, I can NEVER 'acquire' the blacksmith again on my account, because it's already been done. I can also never level him up from 1 to 2 again because he's well past that point now.

So yes, it needs a fix from Blizzard itself, not just a replaying of Act 1.

News Comments > Red Orchestra 2 GoTY Brings Free Content & Free Weekend
4. Re: Red Orchestra 2 GoTY Brings Free Content & Free Weekend May 23, 2012, 12:26 Teddy

Not that the game was bad or anything, but... shouldn't you have to actually win a 'game of the year' award somewhere to release a "game of the year" edition?  

News Comments > Blizzard on Diablo III Security
23. Re: Blizzard on Diablo III Security May 23, 2012, 00:40 Teddy

Kitkoan wrote on May 22, 2012, 21:29:
In short, its your fault if our security is broken, thanks for the money.

Not to mention, they totally dodged the issue. So, what happened with this? A lot of accounts got hacked, why? Your security at fault or the users security at fault? What steps are being taken to prevent further problems? Are their steps being taken? Is it being looked into? Or are you just going to point at the Authenticator and hope the problem goes away?

Here's someone that's never had to deal with account security before.

General tip for you, it's almost ALWAYS the user's fault when it comes to security breaches, whether it's games or network security within companies. Users choose poorly constructed passwords, re-use passwords over and over, release their information constantly to phishing scams and other unseemly sources, get viruses on their home machines that consistently need to be weeded out as they transfer files in.

You can protect against direct breaches of your own system. You can't protect against stupid users that don't maintain their own security. That goes for Blizzard just the same as it goes for any other company out there.

Short of Blizzard taking control of your computer and filtering or blocking out any questionable websites for you, what exactly would you like them to do?

News Comments > Two Borderlands 2 CEs Announced
43. Re: Two Borderlands 2 CEs Announced May 18, 2012, 02:26 Teddy

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 17, 2012, 23:55:
Teddy wrote on May 17, 2012, 20:43:
RailWizard wrote on May 17, 2012, 19:56:
That's some nice backwards logic there since I'm the one with the money, and therefore, the reason said companies exist in the first place.

No, sir. The reason said companies exist is for people who are willing to SPEND the money. So either you bitch and buy anyways, making your opinion void, or you bitch and don't buy, making you a non-customer for said companies, and thus irrelevant to them.
So by your logic we should either praise and buy every piece of shit that publishers shovel to us, or we're irrelevant? Wow. That's just beyond retarded.

And what part of that can you refute, exactly? If you bitch about their decisions but still buy their products, then they don't need to bother changing. If you don't buy their products, then you're not a customer. Businesses are generally interested in acquiring customers, hence they MIGHT care, but once they've deemed your demands will cost them more money than they'll make from the few ranting internet lunatics like yourself, then you are for all intents and purposes, irrelevant.

It's really very simple. If what you want will cost them money instead of make them money (and it will), then they don't give a flying fuck what you want, and frankly, neither do I.

For every one of you that rants inanely about free DLC provided with pre-orders, there's 10 more people thinking, "Hey, I should pre-order that game to get the DLC for free. Was going to buy it anyways."

39. Re: Two Borderlands 2 CEs Announced May 17, 2012, 20:43 Teddy

RailWizard wrote on May 17, 2012, 19:56:
That's some nice backwards logic there since I'm the one with the money, and therefore, the reason said companies exist in the first place.

No, sir. The reason said companies exist is for people who are willing to SPEND the money. So either you bitch and buy anyways, making your opinion void, or you bitch and don't buy, making you a non-customer for said companies, and thus irrelevant to them.

34. Re: Two Borderlands 2 CEs Announced May 17, 2012, 17:36 Teddy

RailWizard wrote on May 17, 2012, 16:03:
Icewind wrote on May 17, 2012, 11:37:
RailWizard wrote on May 17, 2012, 11:32:
Disgusting. Fuck gearbox.

aaaaaaaaaaand guess what?

I'll be buying the Ultimate Loot Chest Edition.

Continue hating.

Not surprised the least bit. Morons like you are why they get away with shit like this. All there is to say really.

And morons like you are the reason companies don't bother listening to PC gamers. All you do is bitch.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Diablo III
196. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:43 Teddy

Krovven wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:30:
Teddy wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:19:
SWTOR?

Gamespy

MMORPG

Joytiq staggered launch woes

The above was from a quick Google and not even checking the official forums or anywhere else for issues from launch day.

How quickly people forget that even though servers were up, there were long queues and some people simply just could not log on because of the staggered launch. I'd say people that couldn't log on for DAYS after launch would disagree with you that SWOTR launch didn't have it's own problems.

Nevermind that SWOTR did not see the numbers Diablo 3 is seeing.

Did you even read those articles? The first one had an issue for exactly 1 hour from trying to log on, to the point where he said

"I checked the server selection menu and saw that the North American server count now topped 140, with traffic running the gamut from light to heavy to full. However, according to the system, the longest queue was 15 minutes long..."

Then

"So how did it play? I'm happy to report I didn't have any issues. On the Dark Reaper server (West Coast PvP), traffic was light, there was zero lag, and I was able to travel from Korriban to Hutta to the Imperial Station and back again without any issues loading."

The second article didn't have anything negative to say at all, and the third only mentioned that there were queues.

So your point is? I won't presume to speak for others, but I'd rather have a queue I can join rather than sit at the login menu copy/pasting my password and attempting to log in over and over until the game locks out my account for a moment, pause and repeat. Took me an hour and a half to get in when the servers WERE "up", much less the multiple times they've taken them down.

Some people having problems is a far cry from EVERYONE being unable to play, no matter how much you'd like to try and equate the two.

190. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:32 Teddy

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:26:
My apologies. 77%+/-

77% is pretty damn low for server uptime.

184. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:29 Teddy

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:28:
eunichron wrote on May 15, 2012, 17:43:
My guess would be 12-15 hours for a normal person to play through... and that's still only normal mode.
Wouldn't surprise me if it was longer. It's taken me more than 4hrs to get through to the second level of the cathedral.

Depends on what people qualify as a 'normal' person. I make sure I do every dungeon in the game. I figure it'll take me more than 12-15.

181. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:25 Teddy

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:22:

Well, lets see...it has been up since Midnight, and now is down for maintenance for 3 hours. 82% uptime out of the gate. Not bad.

How many days was the PS3 network down?
How many days was Ubi down?

Argument totally holds water.

4 hours of maintenance, not 3, it's down again, by the way. Beyond that, what does it matter if it's up if you're spending an hour plus spamming at the login screen just in the hopes of getting in? That's somehow better?

And Sony got sued over that incidentally, not a great argument.

179. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:19 Teddy

Krovven wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:16:
You mean like you didn't in response to him asking you to name one big game that hasn't had launch issues and you just redirected.

SWTOR? Of course you'll just hedge and claim it wasn't a major online game or something idiotic like that.

I was on and playing day 1, no disconnects, no wall of error messages telling me to wait, no repeatedly bringing the servers down for maintenance.

175. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:13 Teddy

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:08:
Teddy wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:04:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:00:
Name one game that hasn't had issues at launch in the last 10 years.

You've conveniently ignored the fact that "issues" doesn't equate to being completely unable to play. Have other games had bugs? Sure. Did those bugs prevent me from playing said game for half a day? No, that's pretty much just WoW and Diablo 3.

NO it isn't. UBI Games. I am sure someone knows a list off of the top of their head, I just don't care.

Excellent. Yet another "I'm going to make an outlandish claim, then say I'm too cool to back up what I say with any actual facts." Good job making yourself look credible.

168. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:04 Teddy

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:00:
Name one game that hasn't had issues at launch in the last 10 years.

You've conveniently ignored the fact that "issues" doesn't equate to being completely unable to play. Have other games had bugs? Sure. Did those bugs prevent me from playing said game for half a day? No, that's pretty much just WoW and Diablo 3.

119. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:04 Teddy

Back in again.

The game has managed to delete most of my achievements, though it kept some of them in seemingly random fashion.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo