Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 5, 2004, 02:08
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch
26. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 20, 2011, 23:04 Teddy

Sepharo wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 22:58:
bhcompy wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 22:37:
Considering how shitty the ingame server browsers have been since the the beginning of the series, it's not a big deal for me

This is my thought on it too. Since their server browsers have ALWAYS been shit on launch hopefully making it a website will allow it to be easier to patch and update.

Very true. Battlelog's browser actually worked better than any of their previous ones.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 20, 2011, 20:55 Teddy

ASeven wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 20:45:
Hah! You are quite right and my apologies for doing such an assumption, just this issue of devolving the game browser instead of improving it makes me too uncomfortable with what next bright idea DICE may have.

I'm quite concerned about the decisions they've made as well. That said, I enjoyed the hell out of the Alpha and nothing that I've seen so far is a deal-breaker for me. Some things will be annoying to me, but the game as a whole is so good that I'm willing to overlook most of them.

That said, Demize (DICE dev) has been defending the Battlelog and he did bring up a couple points. You can alt-tab out at any time to check stats, which you couldn't do in previous games. You had to exit the server to a main menu if you wanted to do that, or wait on the atrocious BC2 web stats. He also mentioned you can alt-tab to select a new server while still in game.

The latter comment is the one I'm wondering about. If that's true, then it may be even faster to swap servers than in traditional games, exiting a server, opening the in-game browser, etc. I'll have to wait and see on that one, will try it in the beta.

15. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 20, 2011, 20:31 Teddy

ASeven wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 20:27:
They forced a needless change to force us to use their shitty services, you mean. This is devolving the concept of server browsers, not evolving.

Don't presume to tell me what I mean. Nothing I said is contrary to what you said, in fact I don't even necessarily disagree outside of your asinine attempt to tell me what I'm thinking.

That said, -I- have used the Battlelog server browser. Have you? Most of the people who used it didn't take any real issue with it. It's annoying to have to go through a web browser, but it does work and it doesn't particularly slow anything down.

I'd rather have an in-game browser as well so I can choose for myself, but anyone ranting and trying to make this out as a deal-breaker even when they haven't tried it is just being foolish.

12. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 20, 2011, 20:21 Teddy

LittleMe wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 20:18:
ASeven wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 19:29:
no ingame browser, etc

Whoa is this true??? Wow.

Yes. They redesigned things so that the server browser used is part of the Battlelog website. It's annoying to me, but having used it, it's no deal breaker. The game still loads quite quickly, dropping you right into the game you've chosen rather than going through menus.

9. Re: Only 24 Players in Battlefield 3 Team Deathmatch Aug 20, 2011, 20:11 Teddy

What amuses me is that when TDM was announced in the first place, everyone was like "What the hell? That's just for the CoD Noobs. Every real Battlefield player will be playing Conquest."

Then they state the details of TDM and all of a sudden it's "What the hell? Only 24 players on that game mode that I said I was never going to play?!"

Frankly, I have to wonder at the decision to omit vehicles. It does very little to distinguish this game mode from Squad Death Match now. Would have made more sense from my point of view to leave the vehicles in TDM, then you have a DM style game with vehicles and one without.

News Comments > Mojang to Fight Scrolls Battle in Court, if not Q3A
13. Re: Mojang to Fight Scrolls Battle in Court, if not Q3A Aug 20, 2011, 14:55 Teddy

Tumbler wrote on Aug 20, 2011, 14:50:
So does world of tanks mean that anyone who makes a game called tanks is infringing on a trademark?

Or is World of Tanks infringing on World of Warcraft's trademark? That's about the equivalent of this BS suit.

News Comments > BF3 Themed Co-op
21. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 21:20 Teddy

Interesting. Thanks for digging that up entr0py.

Funny that when asked that question, specifically about consoles, their answer was "No." then they went on a random rant about their glorious Battlelog and all it's benefits for PC gaming. Just a weird way to answer a question.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched
3. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Patched Aug 19, 2011, 20:01 Teddy

Ventura wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 07:18:
No haters?

Funny how you all disappear when the patches start flowing. Upped and vanished like a fart in the wind.

Did you really expect people to read, much less post in a thread about a patch for a game they don't play?

18. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 19:55 Teddy

entr0py wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 19:21:
That's weird, they had previously announced there would be NO server browser of any kind on consoles. Maybe if they backpedaled on that, they could do the same on the PC.

When did they announce that? It's an odd thing to announce since it's almost never done on consoles in the first place.

16. Re: BF3 Themed Co-op Aug 19, 2011, 19:53 Teddy

Ventura wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 19:30:
Modern Warfare 3's new survival mode is starting to look better and better

Pretty sad troll. Standing around while hordes of enemies throw themselves at you in waves is 'better' than mission based gameplay with actual objectives to complete that randomize aspects of it so they can't be memorized?

*patpat* You run along now and enjoy your horde mode. Let me know when they actually implement an idea of their own in a CoD game. Oh wait... that's right. All the people that had original ideas quit the company. I forgot.

This comment was edited on Aug 19, 2011, 20:02.

News Comments > Morning Previews
9. Re: Morning Previews--Deus Ex Aug 18, 2011, 16:25 Teddy

DG wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 15:38:
I think DXHR is going to be my post-exam treat along with a hardware upgrade.

On that note, got an email earlier today saying XFX is giving away DXHR with AMD HD 6850, 6870 and 6950 cards at certain online retailers.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced
78. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 14, 2011, 07:45 Teddy

PHJF wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 20:15:
Hey guess what, slick; CS didn't have bots. Shocking, I know, that the most successful shooter out there didn't come with bots. There are singleplayer games and there are multiplayer games. CS is and forever will be the latter.

http://www.counter-strike.com/faqs/#23

"Q: How do I add bots?
A: Bots are built into Counter-Strike: Source. Within your control panel under "Default Config Files" you'll have a Bot.cfg file. You'll need to modify the file to allow bots on your server and you're done after restarting your server."

And then theres how to add bots to a CS 1.6 server:

http://www.tutorialecstrike.com/cstrike_bots.html

Good thing they don't exist, eh "Slick"?

News Comments > BF3 & Origin Accounts Linked
21. Re: BF3 & Origin Accounts Linked Aug 14, 2011, 07:33 Teddy

Esoteric wrote on Aug 14, 2011, 02:16:
Currently there is no way to change your EA ID/Origin account name, which was used for the BF3 alpha. If Origin wants to compete with Steam, there going to have to allow name changes (among MANY other things). But this one just pissed me off. I signed up for Origin (EA downloader, whatever) a while ago to get a free game. Now I'm stuck with that account name in every game for eternity? Stupid.

They won't. They'll just follow along Blizzard's path with SC2 and tell you that it's a good thing they're not letting you change names and that you should have chosen better when you created the account.

17. Re: BF3 & Origin Accounts Linked Aug 14, 2011, 00:15 Teddy

entr0py wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 23:45:
Teddy wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 23:27:
Hell, right now I can't access anything on Origin or any EA website because I pre-ordered The Old Republic on a whim. It demanded that I create a new and more secure password for my TOR account that it would then change my Origin password to match.

They do have a toll free support number, 1-855-674-4461. Weird it asked you to make the two passwords the same. You could also try the "forgot password" link on the Origin login page.

The phone number is only good for certain hours (which we're past at the moment) and I tried resetting the password. It changes the password to SWTOR.com but still won't let me log into Origin. I managed to get an online chat dealie going with EA support and (unsurprisingly) Tier 1 guy doesn't have a clue.

Edit: As for it asking me to make the passwords the same, I'm assuming it's because I pre-ordered TOR through origin and it wants me to use the same login/password for both to hopefully simplify the login process. Dunno if people would have the same issue if they pre-ordered a boxed copy.

15. Re: BF3 & Origin Accounts Linked Aug 13, 2011, 23:27 Teddy

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 22:03:
Ok How about EA doing ONE SINGLE name for everything? I have UO, a few Battlefields, NFS, Earth and Beyond etc etc etc names all linked to my account. I would rather just rid of them all and have 1 name.

Careful with what you wish for. EA has a habit of screwing things like that up.

Hell, right now I can't access anything on Origin or any EA website because I pre-ordered The Old Republic on a whim. It demanded that I create a new and more secure password for my TOR account that it would then change my Origin password to match.

Of course, being EA, their software didn't work and now while I can happily log into TOR website, I can no longer log into Origin. Went to the Origin website to get try and file a ticket and what does it say? "Log into Origin to submit a question."

So yes, I have to log in to Origin to get help logging into Origin. Wonderful. Could call their support line for someone to yell at about the matter, but of course they'se closed right now.

And that's all just a password change (forced) from a single pre-order. Just imagine the chaos if they tried to combine all your game personas into one.

73. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 13, 2011, 16:02 Teddy

PHJF wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 15:27:
Whether someone prefers to simply play offline rather than waste their time censoring said idiots really isn't any of your business.

Actually it is because I'd rather a developer for a competitive online game not waste time and resources catering to a bunch of douchebags like you all. If you're too lazy to find good servers (or run your own), then go play a game that isn't designed for the explicit purpose of play against other people.

Wow, nevermind. You really are one of the whiniest, most self-entitled douchebags I've met. Thought it was just a text-translation thing, but no, it's all you.

#1) You are not the only gamer out there. Your opinion overrides NO ONE else's.
#2) The game is based on source. The Bot AI is already coded and part of the engine. All they need to do is drop it in as an alternate option. Time and resources are a non-issue.
#3) Demanding that developers cater to you and you only, and raging against the fact that other people might enjoy something that you don't is probably the limit of how childish and self-centered a person can possibly be. Congratulations.

News Comments > Saturday Screenshots
3. Re: Saturday Screenshots Aug 13, 2011, 15:57 Teddy

Intersting. They look more like concept art than screenshots but at least they're getting away from the shades of brown deal.  

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
2. Re: EA: PC Aug 13, 2011, 15:20 Teddy

"PC retail may be a big problem, but PC downloads are awesome," said Gibeau. "The margins are much better and we don't have any rules in terms of first-party approvals. From our perspective, it's an extremely healthy platform. ... It's totally conceivable that it will become our biggest platform."

Read: We'll soon be cutting all ties with any other online retailers and only selling via Origin to maximize our 'margins'.

71. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 13, 2011, 15:15 Teddy

PHJF wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 12:04:
No you are definitely a douchebag if you think playing with bots holds a candle to real people. The last game that had passable AI was Unreal Tournament. Even the worst sentient enemy is better than the best bot.

No one suggested bots play the game as well as people. That's your own foolish addition to this conversation.

The point is, there are too many douchebags playing shooters these days and further that said douchebags detract from the enjoyment gotten from actually playing the game sufficiently that there are times we'd rather play against bots than listen to idiots rant.

Whether someone prefers to simply play offline rather than waste their time censoring said idiots really isn't any of your business.

66. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Announced Aug 13, 2011, 07:46 Teddy

Krovven wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 03:07:
Only pussies play with bots instead of against real people.

They probably prefer to play with Real Dolls instead of real women too.

<insert unnecessary, waste of effort response to troll here>

This comment was edited on Aug 13, 2011, 15:11.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo