Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 5, 2004, 02:08
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Minecraft Gold
19. Re: Minecraft Gold Nov 14, 2011, 16:14 Teddy

Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 15:44:
Verno wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 15:32:
Fibrocyte wrote on Nov 14, 2011, 15:29:
Erm.. actually, people who have nothing better to do may actually find this game fun. Oh, also 10 year olds.

Videogames are for kids am i rite guyzzzzz!!

No, Verno. You seem to be missing the point. What I am saying is that this particular game strikes me as one that would only be interesting to very bored adults or children.

Hopefully this now makes sense to you.

The only sense I made out of it is that you're a complete douche-bag who likes to think he's better than other people based on what games he chooses to play.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim Arrives
111. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 19:35 Teddy

Hudson wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 16:12:
Even though mods and potentially higher res textures on the PC version is nice, honestly I'd rather have the console (360) version. The reasons are: play on a big LED HDTV (60"+), theater style rocking surround sound system, and sit on a comfortable couch/recliner.

Plus its made for the console, controls better and wont crash constantly like reports going out about the PC version. So of course you are making the better choice.

Yep, my 0 crashes in 10 hours of play is really putting a damper on my enjoyment. Damn unreliable PC versions.

83. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 15:56 Teddy

SirKnight wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 15:46:
Even though mods and potentially higher res textures on the PC version is nice, honestly I'd rather have the console (360) version. The reasons are: play on a big LED HDTV (60"+), theater style rocking surround sound system, and sit on a comfortable couch/recliner. The large TV with great sound system is really the key for an amazing experience with a game like this. Plus, with the PC, you need to spend tons of money to make it run at full specs at playable fps. Now, I have already done that, but still, spending tons on my PC every year is getting old as hell.

I think I'll get the 360 version and pick up the PC version on a steam sale in the future (to check out mods and stuff). I am curious how the nvidia 3d vision setup is with this game. I plan on getting a new monitor soon (my current one is starting to act very weird) and I'm thinking a 3D capable one this time around.

'Tons' is a relative term, and you can very easily do the TV with theater style sound with a computer, while playing from your couch. You don't -have- to play on a small monitor, or with a keyboard/mouse just because it's on a PC.

82. Re: Skyrim Arrives Nov 11, 2011, 15:53 Teddy

Cutter wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 14:51:
Anyone know how to dual wield with favourites? You can do it with spells, but I can't dual wield weapons without having to go into my inventory and doing it and it's frustrating. Also I'm surprised how much I'm using a bow as I didn't intend to, but it's hard to hunt otherwise so far. Hell, it's hard to hunt anyway untill I get my stealth up. Those elk just take off so fast from so far away.

Don't know weapons specifically, but spells you do the same as you do with the regular screen. Set both weapons as favorites, then press Q to bring up the fav list, left click on an item for right hand, right click on the other for left.

So far as I know you can't set it up so one click on a fav item will dual wield it. Same goes if it's two of the same item, just Q, then lift click and right click on the item and you should be good to go.

News Comments > Skyrim Reviews
104. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 11, 2011, 07:35 Teddy

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 03:53:
Kastagir wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 03:29:
Bucky wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 02:02:
Kastagir wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 01:29:
Has anyone been able to rotate items in your inventory when using the mouse+keyboard? I can't seem to figure out how to do this on the PC. Is a controller actually required for this? That would be crazy.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's hold RMB and rotate. I'd jump back in to double-check, but then it'll be sunrise...

Right-click (hold or not) equips the item. I don't see a way to manipulate/rotate an item on a mouse/keyboard setup.

I take a wild guess and claim in wild bravado that you should click and hold MIDDLE MOUSEBUTTON! If I'm right, I'm awesome.

Heroically done, sir. Excellent work.

103. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 11, 2011, 07:34 Teddy

MisterBenn wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 01:13:
Teddy wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 00:38:
Alt = run

Huh? Shift is toggle run, not Alt. It is strange that autorun is on by default and shift enables walk mode though. Have to hit Caps Lock while in a menu to get it the way it used to be. Also E and space are swapped from how they used to be...

Meh, used the wrong word I suppose. Alt is "Sprint" not "Run". The emergency, run even faster when you need to get away button. Yes shift is technically 'run/walk'. I'm thinking I may try and swap the two keys to see if that solves my problem (hopefully without creating more) but alas, work beckons so it won't be for a while.

90. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 11, 2011, 00:39 Teddy

eunichron wrote on Nov 11, 2011, 00:28:
Anyone actually able to play?

CTD at the menu.

Classic Bethesda.

[EDIT]
Apparently it's a sound issue. Had to change my soundcard to 24bit 48000Hz output, and now it's fine.

Interesting... maybe that will fix my speaker buzz during the dialog.

89. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 11, 2011, 00:38 Teddy

Pretty damn enjoyable thus far. Obviously going to be hoping for a UI overhaul, because man... the shop interface is aggravating. Miss-click by a little bit and poof, back to chat, have to wait for the menu to open again, just frustrating and a silly waste of time to have a click anywhere but on the shop menu items instantly remove you from the shop.

Also, worst idea for bound keys EVER. Alt = run, Tab = inventory. Sooooo... when you're in trouble and desperately trying to sprint away and use a health potion? Take a guess what happens. So either turn off alt-tab while in game, or rebind one of those keys.

Speaking of rebinding, for the time being do not rebind the change viewpoint key away from "F". For whatever silly reason, it stops you from being able to set favorite spells/weapons/items. (which coincidentally involves pressing "F")

Other issue I had was that I was getting a buzzing from my speakers when using them which only happened when someone was talking, had to swap to headphones to get rid of it. Didn't bother to try and sort out what was causing it yet.

36. Re: Skyrim Reviews Nov 10, 2011, 15:20 Teddy

Creston wrote on Nov 10, 2011, 14:08:
10 more hours, people. TEN MORE HOURS!!!!

Edit :
Along with the occasional game crash, these issues can be periodically irritating

Fuckdammit, Bethesda. even when switching to a so-called "new engine", your shit STILL crashes? Fuckers.

Creston

??

Why would a new engine be less likely to crash? Logically, it should be more likely since the old one has been around for plenty of time to track down and fix crash bugs.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records
32. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records Nov 9, 2011, 20:03 Teddy

[VG]Reagle wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 19:45:
I am sick of hearing you bashers on these forums. Gamers spoke loud and clear about what they like. What they like is polished FPS like BF3 and MW3.

We like MW3 the only reason you dont like it is becuase you get OWNED when you play it...

Or because the graphics are atrocious in MP?

25. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records Nov 9, 2011, 17:01 Teddy

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 9, 2011, 16:35:
WOW. Very underwhelming. The game doesn't look half as good as Black Ops. It is more like a MW 2.5, I like the setup of Black Ops a lot better. The environments are very pixelated and bland. Fire and smoke doesn't look as good. I have everything cranked - was a very bad purchase on my part....

Single player or multiplayer? I noted the huge difference in graphics quality from SP to MP in the game, SP I was surprised it looked as good as it did, some very nice lighting and decently detailed textures. Not on the same level as BF3, but not far behind. Then I saw the MP and went: wtf? It's like going through a graphical time-warp, backwards.

22. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Breaks Sales Records Nov 9, 2011, 15:59 Teddy

I notice he pointed out that pre-orders were a record, shipments were a record, and that map packs were a sort of record, but what's not said is just as interesting. There's no mention of a day 1 sales record. Does that mean then, that Black Ops out-sold MW3 day 1?

Perhaps they just don't have the numbers yet to make the statement one way or the other.

VGchartz is reporting 9.3 million first day sales. Not the most reliable source, but certainly an impressive number if it's true.

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2011, 17:02.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Nov 8, 2011, 11:33 Teddy

Beamer wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 11:13:
Techie714 © wrote on Nov 8, 2011, 11:03:
I'll just leave this here....

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3

128 reviews, and the game has been out 11 hours in the East Coast, less on the West?

And you don't think it isn't a bunch of people that think the term "Bobby NoDick" is clever spamming the forum because they have some odd gripe with a company with no true basis behind it?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. User score on metacritic is one of the most unreliable metrics out there. Don't know why anyone bothers to pay attention to them.

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Details; Trailer; Novel Preview
17. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Details; Trailer; Novel Preview Nov 5, 2011, 21:06 Teddy

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 5, 2011, 20:02:
YOU DO NOT NEED ORIGIN FOR THIS GAME.

http://www.swtor.com/info/faq#170974

Will I require an Origin account in addition to a SWTOR account?

Yes, you will require an active Origin account in addition to a Star Wars: The Old Republic account. You can create a new Origin account by going to the Origin Account Registration page, entering your email address in the appropriate space and clicking “Start my EA Profile.” This will take you to a screen where you can create your EA Master ID and set your password. You can also start a new Origin account by logging in with either your Facebook or PlayStation Network accounts, or by downloading and running the Origin client for the first time.

The "You do not need origin" simply means you don't need the application running. You still need the account and any purchases or bonuses that are tied to that account remain so.

News Comments > Rainbow 6 Patriots Trailer
14. Re: Rainbow 6 Patriots Trailer Nov 4, 2011, 21:33 Teddy

Taskeen wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 20:41:
I hope the Rainbow 6 team dies for furthering fascist agenda's and the patriots win back corrupt AmeriKa. Tom Clancy's premise for stories are ffin' stupid and he's a friggin loony bat. In fact, he thinks protesting and dissenting is "UnAmerican," when in fact that's the most god damn American thing there is.

You realize he hasn't been involved in the stories for any of these games since the original Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon, right?

News Comments > Gone Gold - Skyrim
56. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 21:31 Teddy

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 20:54:
Wildone wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 18:26:
I dont get the hype, looks a lot like Oblivion which fucking sucked, so we'll see

I don't think Oblivion sucked but I don't get the hype either. Especially Creston's enthousiasm

We'll see!

If you played it with the right mods, it was a damn fine game. The real issues that plagued it were the UI and the 'enemies leveling up with you' system. The story wasn't phenomenal but Elder Scrolls games in general are more about exploring the world and playing it however you feel like. The story always comes as an afterthought more or less.

46. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 20:02 Teddy

Bumpy wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 20:01:
{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 16:28:
I hope they have a nice ui for the pc version for good kb/m controls.

I certainly hope after Oblivion and Fallout 3 they have learned from modders how to do a UI properly.

Heh. Keep hoping. Haven't you seen the inventory UI yet?

45. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 20:01 Teddy

On another note... such a weird thing now to announce games as done 7 days before the retail release. Don't you have discs to print? Boxes to mail? Didn't you have to submit it for MS/Sony testing a month before console release?

Unless the process from gold to release has been sped up drastically, then either this claim of theirs is false, or there's going to be a sizable patch to be downloaded on release day.

43. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 19:45 Teddy

MrGrosser wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 19:01:
Also, crafting.. you can smelt ore.. I've only found 1 smelter so far though. But all in all.. crafting is quite fun. Since there isn't any guides out there yet I've been throwing random ingredients together to make potions for Alchemy and coming up with strange results if any at all.

That was always one of the fun parts of ES games, just putting the ingredients together and testing even though you don't know what all their individual properties are.

Let's try this... wait, why did I just turn blue? Is my health going down? Uh oh, think I'm going to die... Maybe one of these other herbs will help. Poison? What do you mean I'm poisoned? How about... thud. Reload. Alrighty, now what two things did I try that got me in trouble again?

40. Re: Gone Gold - Skyrim Nov 4, 2011, 19:38 Teddy

Sempai wrote on Nov 4, 2011, 19:22:

Very good.

Have you played in 3rd person much? I'm curious how terrible it looks and plays going by Bethesda's past efforts at 3rd person design.

How are you playing? Melee, magic, ranged or?..How does combat feel?
How are dungeons looking so far? Fun? Hows the weight(lame)forgiveness in this game? For a series that encourages looting anything and everything their design choice for weight overburden is completely retarded.

Anyhoo, thx for any feedback.

To be fair, none of the ES games were ever made to be played in third person. They were made to be played in first person and included a third person view more so that you can see all the shiny equipment you have. They were all sold as first person RPG's and the option to swap to a third person view just happened to be there. The devs themselves have stated how surprised they are that so many people tried playing them 3rd person when they shipped review copies of Skyrim. As such, it sounds pretty clear that they still didn't expect people to want to play that way and haven't designed around it.

I personally couldn't imagine trying to play an elder scrolls game in 3rd person. Nothing against people that want to, it's just very weird to me.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo