Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 5, 2004, 02:08
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer
10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Jedi Consular Trailer Nov 25, 2011, 21:40 Teddy

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 18:15:
Lol, forget having a late start date, I've heard about some people waiting 6-8 hours in a queue before getting on a server.

And they didn't go to a different server because...?

If they insisted on playing on a server that had a huge wait time, that's really their own fault. Right now for example, there are only 3 servers with queues, the rest are all instant.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
144. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 25, 2011, 14:05 Teddy

^Drag0n^ wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 10:54:
And you're wrong on the classification of the crime. It is theft. Again:

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2008/05/guilty-verdict/

So, again, keep rationalizing.

The real point here is "who cares?" The idiots that are running the companies are using this as an excuse to make some of the most retarded marketing decisions north of the RIAA being pulled kicking and screaming into the internet age.

^D^

Jebus, did you even read the link you quoted? Read it again, dope.

"Gitarts was convicted of conspiracy to violate the NET Act (.pdf), which makes it a crime to infringe a copyright "for purposes of commercial advantage or private financial gain"; to pirate $1,000 or more in music within 180 day period; or to distribute any pirated content before its release date. "

He was convicted of copyright infringement, and conspiracy to do so, NOT THEFT. The only one who said anything of theft was the prosecuting attorney, which was nothing more than grandstanding commentary on his part. If it was theft, then the case would have been about theft, the charges would have been about theft and the verdict would have been about theft. None of those were the case.

No one is arguing whether it's illegal or immoral, so there's no justifying of anything going on, you utter fucking retard, They're arguing the fact that for some reason you (and apparently some other idiot on here) seem incapable of understanding the difference.

News Comments > I Am Alive PC Follow-up
39. Re: I Am Alive PC Follow-up Nov 25, 2011, 10:46 Teddy

Verno wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 09:37:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 17:10:
Nobody is denying that piracy is an issue. However, since Steam I haven't pirated any games. Even Battlefield 3 - which I am really interested - I have refused to buy or pirate because of its requirement for Origin and refusal to be sold on Steam. And games that are priced too high - which previously I would have pirated - I now wait to go on sale or pass on. Pirating games is easy but buying games on Steam is even easier.

That's a great point. Ease of use with something like Steam far surpasses piracy. My friends even commented to me how archaic Origin was a few days ago when we all had to patch BF3 manually and it was a clunky process at best. One of them said "I'm not used to even doing this stuff anymore".

Funny, Origin automatically updated BF3 for me without even having to look at it.

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
111. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 25, 2011, 10:37 Teddy

^Drag0n^ wrote on Nov 25, 2011, 10:14:

Keep rationalizing stealing. I hope that works out for you. Even my 5 year old niece sees what is wrong with that logic.

^D^

Then your 5 year old niece has some piss poor teachers if no one has bothered to explain proper logic. Then again, apparently you haven't got a clue what logic is either, so you're just another one of those people teaching her how to be a proper idiot.

Theft is depriving someone of something they own without their permission. Feel free to look up the definition. If you need some tutoring on what the words in that definition mean come back here and we can go through them one step at a time.

Piracy/Copyright infringement is no less illegal, but only a complete fucking retard who understands neither the law nor the definition of the word actually thinks it's 'theft'.

News Comments > Why I Am Alive is Dead to PCs
3. Re: Why I Am Alive is Dead to PCs Nov 23, 2011, 22:50 Teddy

Speaks volumes that he doesn't think his own game is good enough to sell 50k copies on PC.

Clearly there's just too much piracy and no one buys PC games with 230k concurrent users playing Skyrim (legally) and 130k playing BF3 (legally) and millions on MMO's (legally).

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patched
28. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 21:51 Teddy

Jackplug wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 18:48:
I think Dice now can go fuck themselves, its a total and utter disgrace what they've done with BF3.

The patch is fucked and all I can say is that noone will ever buy another game from Dice after this. Its a disgrace..

It sure is a good thing you decide things like that for me. I hate making my own decisions and having my own opinions.

News Comments > 1M CoD Elite Premium Subscribers
18. Re: 1M CoD Elite Premium Subscribers Nov 22, 2011, 15:54 Teddy

Prez wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 14:33:
contemplate how many of these million bought the hardened edition which came with elite and all the dlc and was a pretty fair deal for most gamers.

How much did it cost, and how is it a "fair deal"? I'd like to understand how these people are not just volunteering themselves to be nickled and dimed to extraordinary, epic lengths.

Regular edition is $60, hardened is $100. If you're one of those people that KNOWS they're going to like the game and knows they're going to buy all the DLC, then as long as they ship 3 DLC packs in a year (I believe they're currently running about 4 per year and were planning on doing more this time around), then you've saved some cash and gotten access to all the functions of elite for a year. Even if you don't resubscribe next year, you keep the DLC that was released while you were a subscriber.

I didn't buy the game, so I still have some questions. I remember them mentioning that it was going to be useable in Black Ops and MW3 and future titles, so my question is, if I were a subscriber, do I get DLC for both games for free? Or just the current one? Presumably you only get it for free if it's released while you're a subscriber, and since I suspect Black ops DLC is done with now that MW3 is out, then I guess it's not an issue, but it's an interesting question to me nonetheless.

13. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 14:39 Teddy

Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 14:26:
It remains to be seen if the damage buff vs infantry is going to make it worse or balance it out after that.

I played at lunch and it rapes infantry which is stupid because it already was too good versus infantry. The wonky physics stuff was annoying but if you ate a full burst from AA you were dead no matter how you juked. Overall AA got buffed which is totally pointless considering how good it is already. But hey whatever, I'll whore it up and hopefully other people will too and pubbies will cry until its fixed.

It's been a month, of course people want some of the obvious balance problems and technical issues fixed. There isn't really a favorable light to put this in. Some very minor fixes, some small balance changes that don't address core concerns and slightly improved squad functionality that doesn't address the root problem.

I hope the next patch is better, my only consolation is that this was probably being worked on before release so maybe a more comprehensive one is just slightly down the road.

To play devil's advocate... 'if you eat a full burst from an AA gun, you're dead no matter how you juked'? Are you seriously suggesting it should be any different? The cannon is larger than you... I should damn well hope if you get hit by full burst it kills you. Hell, a full burst from an assault rifle kills you, why shouldn't an AA cannon do the same?

If you're out in the open and any sort of vehicle decides to kill you, that should pretty much be it for you. That's not a balance issue, that's just logic.

The problem I had with it, was the ability for the AA to bounce you out from behind cover and kill you just by spamming on your location. That has absolutely been fixed.

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Patched Nov 22, 2011, 14:17 Teddy

Verno wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 12:07:
Really disappointing. No IRNV nerf. No taclight nerf. No USAS+Frag nerf. A Battlefield game where cover doesn't matter is not a Battlefield game. AA inexplicably got buffed even though it was already absurdly powerful versus...well everything.

Many users are still reporting the same crash stuff as before the patch to boot. They need to patch faster than this, waiting a month for this patch was a big letdown.

Bear in mind that the AA got a nerf to go alongside the buff it got. No idea how it sits just yet. The 'knocking you about' when getting hit by AA as infantry has been nerfed, which contributed to the problem of them being overpowered since once you started getting hit by one it became very difficult to get to cover when you lose control of your character.

It remains to be seen if the damage buff vs infantry is going to make it worse or balance it out after that.

Just played for a few rounds myself (badly), and the spawn in TDM and Conq seemed much less prone to putting me next to an enemy (though it did happen once out of my many, many deaths).

Adding unranked servers should make competitive players happy, and allow people to set their servers up for flight practice without getting boosters on them.

I see a lot to like in that patch, personally. Of course people will scream the end of the world when their own personal issues aren't touched in a patch, but that's really besides the point. That the two fixes to IRnV and Flashlights aren't in when they said they would be is disheartening though.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works
21. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works Nov 22, 2011, 00:34 Teddy

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 00:27:
Teddy wrote on Nov 22, 2011, 00:24:
And your source for the bullshit you're spouting? Since when does Valve do the work to get a game/patch running in Steam? They may offer support to the developer, but I don't buy for one second that they do the work themselves.

So again, source or you're just as full of shit as anyone else that's spreading rumors and 'speculation'.

They certainly add the Steam DRM themselves, which is what he is talking about and what happened today.

You agreeing with him is not a viable source.

News Comments > Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works
19. Re: Skyrim Patched, LAA Fix No Longer Works Nov 22, 2011, 00:24 Teddy

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 23:01:
eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 21, 2011, 22:50:
Its highly unlikely steam would wrap/change the exe of a game without the game developer/publisher actually requesting it to be so.

No it isn't "highly unlikely". Get a clue before spouting more bullshit. Every executable and every patch needs to be modified by Valve to work with Steam so if Valve fucked up the original TESV.exe for some reason then they would absolutely (maybe even be required to) fix it all by themselves. I don't think that Beth was involved in this patch. Smells 100% like a Valve stunt in this case.

And your source for the bullshit you're spouting? Since when does Valve do the work to get a game/patch running in Steam? They may offer support to the developer, but I don't buy for one second that they do the work themselves.

So again, source or you're just as full of shit as anyone else that's spreading rumors and 'speculation'.

News Comments > Arvoch Alliance and Demo Now Available
2. Re: Arvoch Alliance and Demo Now Available Nov 18, 2011, 15:28 Teddy

Newtonian physics in a space sim? I'll have to have a look. Just that alone brings back memories of Mantis from way back when.  

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 7M
41. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 07:45 Teddy

ochentay4 wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 07:39:
Flatline wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 00:18:
Aside from the unusually craggy mountains which feel like they were auto-generated (I'm fine with craggy, but some of those crags are Mass Effect 1 levels of random peaks), the art direction is among the best I've ever seen.

Seeing smoke plumes from the city change directions in the breeze, watching a wave of wind sway a valley full of trees, the fog/clouds/mist flowing over mountains and forming off of peaks, it's amazing. The small things get me too: I was in the north country near the Mage College and watched as the sun came out after a wicked snow storm, and within a few minutes water was dripping from the edges of cliffs.

It's still buggy (for some reason on the PC my weapons are mapped backwards: The left hand on the screen is activated by the right mouse button), and the quests are glitchy, and some of the enemies are the definition of cheap, but I keep coming back for the art direction. Finding waterfalls and hot springs and other acts of nature are almost more encouragement to play than the quests.
7 million units? now bethesda have no excuse to patch this game as soon as possible. Every Fallout or ElderScrolls have been plagued with bugs at launch. Until its not polished, I will not buy it.

The weapons mapped to LM and RM aren't a bug, or a mistake. If you started off playing sword and board, you'd expect your left mouse button to attack and your right mouse to block with shield, or if you only had one weapon you'd fully expect left mouse to attack with it. That's where it came from. LM = Main hand, RM = offhand. If you want to swap them so that left is left and right is right, then feel free.

38. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 07:30 Teddy

PHJF wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 07:25:
All right I finished the main quest up last night (or should I say this morning) at a final level of... 51. I've been death incarnate for the past twenty levels so I figured I'd stop delaying the inevitable. Final boss went down in about 1.75 seconds.

They do if you're dual wielding the same item, never tried to get different ones to work, but I'd hazard a guess that it's just one more button press at worst.

Not if you've upgraded them.

Upgraded, as in smithing? All my equipment is upgraded including the sword and dagger I just tested dual wielding with.

36. Re: Skyrim Ships 7M Nov 17, 2011, 07:22 Teddy

everyone wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 06:41:
Ratty wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 00:55:
I swear some of the NPCs are voiced by Garrett himself, Stephen Russell.
That's because they are.
Darks wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 02:17:
You guys realize that you can hot key weapons and spells in this game with the key pad and the number keys right?
You realise that the hotkeys don't actually work if you want to dual wield, right?

They do if you're dual wielding the same item, never tried to get different ones to work, but I'd hazard a guess that it's just one more button press at worst.

Edit: Just tested and hotkeys worked fine for dual wielding different items. You can't set them to the same key, but swapping between a 2hander/bow and my right hand weapon via it's hotkey brought up both my dual wielded weapons every single time.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 2011, 07:28.

News Comments > BF3 MAV is So Mav
21. Re: BF3 MAV is So Mav Nov 16, 2011, 21:30 Teddy

Quboid wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 20:40:
One is taking advantage of game limitation to play in a way that the developers didn't intend (and makes you invincible) and that fellow players have no reason to expect to face, the other is taking advantage of a game limitation to play in a way that the developers didn't intend (and leaves you vulnerable) and that fellow players have no reason to expect to face.

Standing on a MAV isn't realistic or semi-realistic, it is exploiting the limited physics engine.

FTFY. Convenient that you left those points out of your oversimplified argument.

As for the last point.... Since when is Battlefield realistic or even semi-realistic? It's an arcade game with a military theme. Always has been.

News Comments > Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway
45. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 21:20 Teddy

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 16:09:
Teddy wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 15:53:
Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 13:22:
For one, having a Facebook account is normal now. It's a sign of a decently adjusted social person. Not having one sends off alarms of Unabomber.

What a load of complete and utter bullshit that is. If you don't have a facebook account, then you're a potential terrorist? Are you fucking serious?

Touting it's benefit as a networking tool is one thing. Suggesting that anyone who doesn't use it is in some way mentally ill just makes you a complete fucking retard.

And yet people do this all the time.
Meet a girl in a bar? Before she calls you back she's going to google you. If she finds no presence she'll probably think you're somewhat nuts. If she finds a facebook page and a linkedin site she's more likely to think you're normal.

These days it's expected that you can be found. If you can't, people wonder.

Please stop pushing YOUR beliefs as though they are 'the norm'. No one gave you the right to speak for everyone else, nor is anything you say based on fact, but rather conjecture based on your own opinions that you're trying to project onto everyone else.

32. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 15:53 Teddy

Beamer wrote on Nov 16, 2011, 13:22:
For one, having a Facebook account is normal now. It's a sign of a decently adjusted social person. Not having one sends off alarms of Unabomber.

What a load of complete and utter bullshit that is. If you don't have a facebook account, then you're a potential terrorist? Are you fucking serious?

Touting it's benefit as a networking tool is one thing. Suggesting that anyone who doesn't use it is in some way mentally ill just makes you a complete fucking retard.

5. Re: Diablo III Beta Key Giveaway Nov 16, 2011, 12:32 Teddy

I admit I considered it for a moment, but no... not even Diablo 3 will make me sign up for facebook.  

News Comments > Call of Duty Elite Still Coming to PCs
6. Re: Call of Duty Elite Still Coming to PCs Nov 15, 2011, 23:30 Teddy

Jerykk wrote on Nov 15, 2011, 22:08:
Thank goodness. I was worried that there wouldn't be any official place for Reagle to declare how much ass he owns in CoD.

And he still won't tell you his account name so you can see the stats for yourself to verify his braggadocio.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo