Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 5, 2004, 02:08
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Videos
18. Re: Borderlands 2 Videos Sep 16, 2012, 22:25 Teddy

Fantaz wrote on Sep 16, 2012, 19:35:
I mentioned in the Borderlands 2 IGN review comments section, but I suppose I'll ask here also: When I see RPG/FPS I think Deus Ex/Bioshock. I loved System Shock co-op, wondering will I get a similar experience?

Absolutely and irrefutably no.

While those games would be considered RPG/FPS games, this is more FPS/RPG. If that makes any sense. Shooter first, RPG a distant second. More akin to Diablo as a first person shooter than any sort of deep involved RPG experience.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million
64. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 13, 2012, 17:45 Teddy

1AngryGamer wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 17:27:
My God people do your own research on the fucking game. Quit asking stupid mundane questions watch a fucking developer video why dont you?

Or you could just... you know... not answer and let those who care to answer do so. Or you could just continue to be an ass. Last I checked, it's not your site, nor your place to dictate what questions people can and can not, or should and should not ask.

In short, if all you have to say is to complain about someone asking a question about a game on a video game site, then do everyone a favor and shut the fuck up.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million
62. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 13, 2012, 17:42 Teddy

Prez wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 15:59:
Keilun wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 15:52:

Yeah they're still up. Ever since they added heroes to the game, solo'ing's gotten a lot easier. You can just look up builds on pvxwiki and there's a good chunk of builds for heroes. You can create a nice 8 man party with you and your 7 heroes and then go complete it.

That said, I still wouldn't bother with the original Guild Wars campaign. God it was painfully boring and then you'll hit a brick wall at one point needing a run thru to get "ascended" or whatever they called it.

Factions and Nightfall were fun though. I got distracted before I could make any real headway into EotN.

Thanks!

...but now that the sequel launched I bet it's pretty quiet over
there.

Just the way I like it!

I managed to finish the original campaign and actually liked it quite a bit more than factions, though Nightfall was quite good. I also preferred to play the game entirely solo, and despite what Keilun said, I managed to get myself ascended just fine using only heroes and henchman with no one running me through.

EotN quests though... some of those beat the ever living crap out of me, particularly the ones leading into the GW2 story. Battle for Lion's Arch.... ugh. To hear the people on the forums talk, it's a breeze that you just sleep through and mash buttons on. I've never managed to finish it, myself.

That said, I more or less lost interest in most of the stuff when I found out they were just transmutes and not actual crafting recipes. Don't know why that makes a difference to me, but evidently it does.

News Comments > Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit
20. Re: Sexual Harassment Lawsuit Preceded Elemental Lawsuit Sep 6, 2012, 15:05 Teddy

Creston wrote on Sep 6, 2012, 14:24:
nice...
One thing I do agree with, however, is that since he owns the company, he can pretty much do whatever he wants to in it (within legal boundaries, of course.) It is NOT against the law to make vulgar jokes that make people uncomfortable, despite all the efforts of the US to apparently make it so.

I don't know what hole you're living in, but where I'm from it absolutely IS illegal, regardless of whether your company is publicly traded or not. It's a violation of human rights law, not employment law.

Further, if it -were- legal to do what he did, then the judge would not have refused to toss the case when Wardell tried to get them to do so. Frankly, I think you're operating on an ancient and idiotic supposition that will get you sued one day, and rightfully so.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today
42. Re: Guild Wars 2 Stress Test Today Aug 2, 2012, 22:22 Teddy

NKD wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 21:58:
GW2 is a case of people investing so much into the hype that they get upset when people question it.

The only flaw in your argument is the sheer lack of logic. People aren't investing in the hype. We've PLAYED THE DAMN GAME. That's not hype, that's experience. Hype is when marketing makes you believe something is what it isn't in the end, and you find out after you've been duped into spending your cash. The really, truly sad part is you're doing the EXACT thing that you're trying to chastise people for doing. Rather than accept that we like the game and you don't, you instead try to assert that you're right and we're wrong, but we're just too stupid to realize that we've been 'fooled' by the hype. It's pretty pathetic on your part, incidentally.

This game really IS that good. If you don't like it, feel free to not like it, but most of the detractors that bother to post either have vague complaints that you could apply to virtually every single MMO ever created, leading to the presumption that they just don't like the genre, or they in turn make assertions about the people who do like it. (Example, the guy calling everyone who likes it bozos earlier)

Beyond that, I personally find it very odd that all these people who 'don't care about this game because it sucks' show up in every single post about it to complain about a game they have no intention of buying in the first place. I don't like the Assassin's Creed games, but you don't see me wasting my time ranting about how they're not what I enjoy in every thread that pops up about them (and I mean EVERY thread. I think Axis has quite literally not missed a single thread to bitch in, repeating the same vague complaints every time). It's just weird, bordering on obsession.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Jul 31, 2012, 15:36 Teddy

Ben wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 14:40:
Everyone and their opinions... Well, here's mine. ARMA 2 is an awesome military game (and there are plenty of positive reviews for it). Operation Flashpoint was epic, and I have enjoyed all their games since. I personally think that the Day Z mod is nowhere near as cool as the actual game itself. I find it amazing how everyone is so interested in anything that involves zombies. I don't find it that interesting myself.

Opinions on games vary. I loved Flashpoint, hated ArmA. Perhaps it was in when the titles were released, but my real issue with ArmA is that they have a complete tool designing their controls. They're a clunky mess that get in the way of actual gameplay more often than not unless you spend ages training yourself to get used to them. Something that's inexcusable for modern games, as far as I'm concerned.

I should have mentioned but didn't think of it in my earlier post that there's an easy way to decide for yourself. Arma2 free (http://www.arma2.com/free/) is the same game, minus the campaign, HD textures and mod support.

It will at the very least give you a feel for how the game plays, if you're actually interested. I'm of the opinion that most people will just laugh it off after trying that, but hey, as Ben said, opinions differ. You might like it.

News Comments > GNU Guru: Linux Steam "Unethical"
49. Re: GNU Guru: Linux Steam Jul 31, 2012, 15:24 Teddy

Overon wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 15:03:
My idea of freedom is having the choice of software that is free and that which is not and choosing what you want to run. If you want to run only free software, that's fine, if you want to run only commercial sofware, that's fine too. If you want to run both, that's cool. That is more free than what he's saying. The freedom to run non free software!

This is precisely the issue I take with his idiotic sentiments. Stallman isn't remotely interested in freedom for you, me or anyone else. He's interested in pushing his own personal version of freedom. That's exactly why he's trying to actively get people to censor mention of "nonfree" games on linux.

Trying to hide alternative options from people and doing so under the guise of giving them more freedom is one of the most idiotic things I've seen argued in a long, long time.

48. Re: GNU Guru: Linux Steam Jul 31, 2012, 15:08 Teddy

Bhruic wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 14:13:
Beamer wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 13:51:
Nice to see I wasn't the only one that goofed on his terminology. "Non-free" means "the users have the freedom to run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software. With these freedoms, the users (both individually and collectively) control the program and what it does for them."

It has nothing to do with price.

I don't understand how so many people are confusing "freedom" and "free". There's a reason he continually uses the word "freedom" in there, and that's because you can't (or shouldn't be able to) confuse "freedom" with pricing.

Look at it this way - all of the words in a book are publicly available. There's nothing "hidden" behind the scenes. Books are, effectively, open-source. And yet people still make money selling them.

Being open-source doesn't mean you have to give it away. Being open-source doesn't mean you give up your copyright (although there are licensing agreements that do, which you aren't obliged to use). All of this talk about people not being able to make money is nonsense.

That's a cute little argument, but you know full well that if his "nonfree" concept of games permitted anyone to distribute them as they like then there would be no possibility for a profitable AAA game. The cost of creating them is far too high to allow free distribution. This isn't akin to piracy where people know it's illegal, know there are potential consequences and generally have other hassles to deal with along with the moral quandary of it. If it were perfectly acceptable to copy and pass around games, then the only games larger than tiny indie titles we'd have would be F2P/P2W things filled with micro-transactions.

He made some great contributions to open-source work. The fault with this guy lies in the fact that he can't shut his fucking mouth and continually insists that anyone who doesn't follow his clearly hypocritical method of thought is 'unethical'.

Paintings are "effectively open-source" too. Just different colored lines and shapes on a background. Why don't you go find an artist and see if he minds you taking a high-res photograph of his painting so that you can print out your own poster-sized copy for free? See how he feels about that.

I have no problem with people who want open-source projects, or people who want to work on open-source projects. But when you start trying to tell people they're unethical or wrong for not doing that, you've crossed the line into douchebaggery.

But by all means, feel free to explain how any AAA title that doesn't include micro-transactions would be financially successful if they had to submit to the freedom of distribution clauses, taking into account the $50-100 million price-tags of development and marketing (and that's a low-ball figure including marketing). It'll be a good laugh.

27. Re: GNU Guru: Linux Steam Jul 31, 2012, 13:23 Teddy

Good god, this guy is always so out to lunch. Non-free software is unethical? What a load of unsubstantiated crap that is. Apparently software developers aren't allowed to make a profit, but in the same line he declares that game art is different somehow? What a hypocritical douche bag.

Then seriously, shit you just can't make up. 'If you want to promote freedom, censor yourselves and only say what I want you to say.' Is this guy fucking serious? I know there's some serious nutjobs out there in the world, but it always baffles me when someone so obviously intelligent can't see the logical fallacies in their own lines of thought.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic DLC Jul 31, 2012, 13:14 Teddy

JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 02:11:
I was kind of confused as to why the sales numbers were so high for Arma II, when the reviews were mediocre at best. Does everybody just buy this game for the mods available?

Good thing others decided to act like jackasses instead of just answering a simple question. Welcome to the internet indeed.

Yes. The game in and of itself is VERY mediocre and earned those reviews. If you're thinking about getting it, do NOT waste your money on just the base game, it's practically worthless as none of the worthwhile mods function without the expansion (Operation Arrowhead, not this new one), and the base game itself isn't worth playing at all if you ask me.

Both the game and it's first expansion combined have some nice mods that fix a lot of the problems in the game, and most recently DayZ is fast becoming a phenomenon, as a sort of sandbox survival-horror fps. It's rough, but it has a ton of potential and can lead to some very cool interaction with other players (most of whom you can't trust).

News Comments > Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo
5. Re: Orcs Must Die! 2 Demo Jul 26, 2012, 16:40 Teddy

Verno wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 15:44:
A demo before the game comes out? I feel like I've stepped back in time

Oh and btw Borderlands 2 preorders are up on Steam and GMG (use COSYO-UDIDN-TGET1 to get 20% off). Amazon is also doing a 4 pack at $40 per copy. The preorders include the crap that most of the retailers have or whatever.

The pre-order on steam for BL2 has everything listed except the "Creature Slaughter Dome" level that's exclusive to Gamestop/EBgames.

News Comments > Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit [Updated]
66. Re: Diablo III Invulnerability Exploit Jul 24, 2012, 17:49 Teddy

Yakubs wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 10:29:
RollinThundr wrote on Jul 24, 2012, 00:22:
Honestly either Yakubs didn't play the game or is just talking out of his ass. GW2 is far more dynamic and fun than WoW ever could be.

Right, because I don't agree with you, I must have never played the game. You're delusional.

More "dynamic" and "fun"? In my time with GW2, there was nothing dynamic nor fun about it. At least in WoW you have to learn a skill rotation. In GW2, you just spam whatever ability is off cooldown. Sounds really dynamic, right?

Dynamic: Characterized by constant change, activity, or progress.

Set skill rotations are the exact opposite of 'dynamic'. Perhaps you're thinking of another word.

If you were just hammering everything as it came off cooldown, then frankly, you were playing badly. That sort of thing works in the early early areas of the game just the same as in WoW you can walk around and spam 1 or 2 and be just fine for the first bunch of levels, but trying that kind of useless spamming will get you mauled in PvP or in any area beyond the level 1-15 starting zones.

News Comments > Minecraft Patent Lawsuit
47. Re: Minecraft Patent Lawsuit Jul 23, 2012, 02:15 Teddy

NKD wrote on Jul 23, 2012, 01:13:
Cutter wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 22:24:
Rattlehead wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 19:11:
You're just an asshole in general. You may not be snide or condescending, but you're still an asshole.

I don't know what happened to the ignore function but this is precisely why I have all the trolls and morons like yourself on it. You fit the very definition of asshole. All you do is troll and flame. You contribute nothing to anyone anywhere. You are, for all intents and purposes a waste of life, space, and resources. Along with your other little troll buddies/bigots/clowns/assholes like Hellbinder, Space Captain, etc. A good beating is something you cowardly little losers desperately need as well. Gee, life sure is funny when you're anonymous on the internet and living out of the folk's basement, right loser?

Oh lord, just stop. You're just as anonymous as he is, and for all we know, you live in a basement too. I know you aren't new to the Internet, so why are you stooping to the "I'll kick yer ass you no good basement dwellin' neckbeard! Don't mess with Texas!" trope? Veiled threats of violence are the Ambrosia of troll food.

Everyone already knows what kind of tools Hellbinder and friends are. Making yourself look like a complete stereotype in a futile attempt to hurt their feelings isn't a very bright idea.

Why not just discuss why you feel Notch is a jerk or asshole and point out some examples, instead of throwing invective at obvious trolls who only enjoy it.

But hey, at least Cutter doesn't make snide comments and think he's better than anyone else, right?

News Comments > Minecraft Patent Lawsuit
24. Re: Minecraft Patent Lawsuit Jul 22, 2012, 19:41 Teddy

Frags4Fun wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 19:38:
but I do understand why some people thing patents are good in these areas.

Has anyone else noticed how often people have been typing the word "think" as "thing" lately? I'm seeing it at least once a day on average. I'm not a spelling Nazi or anything, but I do wonder why it has been happening so often.

Disclaimer: My spelling and typing skills are average at best and I too have typed thing when I have meant to say think.

Autocomplete can be a pain.

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
93. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 12, 2012, 20:39 Teddy

hb3d wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 19:13:
McSterls wrote on Jul 12, 2012, 14:59:
Amazon had it for 50% off last week, but I'm counting on Steam matching that price.
Why don't you buy it from Amazon? It's still on sale for $25. The game requires Steam so it doesn't matter where you buy it. It ends up on in your Steam account regardless.

Amazon's download service is US only. Can't even buy keys from them from elsewhere, unless you want to mess with VPN's. Can't speak for him, but that's why I don't use it.

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Beta Details
27. Re: Guild Wars 2 Beta Details Jul 9, 2012, 16:34 Teddy

entr0py wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 14:50:
nin wrote on Jul 9, 2012, 13:42:
That's nice, but it doesn't make up for the fact that they didn't do beta weekends as often as they said they would, after basically charging players for the privilege.

How many did they say they were going to do?

They were planning to do about 1 a month, but most months it was delayed by a week or two. So basically it added up to one less weekend event than they implied at the start of the per-purchase scheme.

You mean aside from the fact that there was one beta weekend in may, one in June and now one in July and the release is in august? Last I checked, that's exactly 1 per month from the point they started accepting pre-purchases. If you assumed something else, that's your own failure of logic, not something they 'implied' and certainly not something they 'promised'.

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Jul 7, 2012, 00:57 Teddy

ASeven wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 11:55:
nin wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 11:49:
Dmitri_M wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 11:41:
This whole indie gaming is the salvation of gaming is overblown. Most are too simplistic. Unless you consider remakes of old arcade games to be a return to early 2000s late 90s gaming.

I imagine you sticking your nose up in the air, as I read that...

Yeap. Sorry Dmitri but you sounded like a bonafide hipster just then.

Is this sarcasm, or do you honestly not know what a hipster is?

News Comments > Walking Dead FPS Announced
7. Re: Walking Dead FPS Announced Jul 6, 2012, 22:39 Teddy

PHJF wrote on Jul 6, 2012, 22:13:
I've always wanted to be a hick in a video game. Maybe in a bonus level the player will get to cornhole a city boy.

Never played Redneck Rampage?

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules
33. Re: Guild Wars 2 Golden Rules Jul 5, 2012, 20:30 Teddy

Axis wrote on Jul 5, 2012, 11:07:
Squirm I'm all for making our points, but you haven't made any specific ones at all. Just blind enthusiasm for a genre you are obviously fairly new to.

Funny, I have yet to see you make any specific points either.

News Comments > BF3 Double XP Week
10. Re: BF3 Double XP Week Jul 4, 2012, 23:48 Teddy

Techie714 wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 00:15:
I have a couple hundred hours in BF3 & really enjoyed it. Although I also love RO2. =)

This is a clear violation of the rules and regulations here at Blue's News. There is no enjoyment of games permitted here. If you don't have something to complain about, move along.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo