Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 5, 2004, 02:08
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer
106. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 20:39 Teddy

ASeven wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 20:33:
Teddy wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 20:24:
And it's funny how "I don't seem to understand it", yet your previous post essentially agreed with exactly what I said but hedged yourself to make it look like you weren't making a 180 from your previous grandiose claims.

For all you know. Exactly. Take your own advice, internet random stranger 24524 and stop thinking you know anything about me because I sure don't care about what internet strangers think about me.

As for your rhetoric on my 180, well, take your own advice and stop reading what I write if it bothers you so much. Like I wrote to cutter there's a chance. If you think there's absolutes in economics then allow me to let real life to sip into your brain, there isn't. There's just opinions based on data of which I wrote one. If everyone knew what would happen next in economics nobody would need to estimate, guess, guesstimate anything. Despite all I wrote here all these years they were all my own opinion based upon the data I have. Like professional opinions they are just that. I believe EA has a chance to fail much like I believe the industry is heading for a crash if it doesn't change business models soon. It's still my own opinion based on my data and as such subjective to being fuck wrong completely like any single analyst alive who emitted a professional opinion.

But in the end I simply don't give a fuck to internet trolls like you anyway so keep on doing what you do best.

Yeah, you sure sound like you don't give a fuck.

By that, of course I mean you sound like someone who's importance and "expertise" has been called into question and then raged about it while screaming "I don't give a fuck" thinking that it actually makes them look like they aren't throwing a tantrum.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

99. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 20:24 Teddy

ASeven wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 20:17:
Teddy wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 20:13:
ASeven wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 20:12:
I find your lack of economic knowledge... disturbing.

And I find your claim of having more knowledge than EA itself, disturbing. And comical.

Yeah, shame I worked with the gaming industry when I was in S&Ps. So, again, I find your lack of economic knowledge quite disturbing, not to mention your trolling efforts are rather pathetic.

Leave the financial play for those who understand it, you sure don't seem to understand that much at all.

Yep, and the insight you've given us in this thread has been the sort of bland, vague BS that I'd expect from a nobody that's trying to make themselves look more important than they are. McDonald's employees work on Wall Street too. I'd bet I could get the exact same sort of vague "They could go out of business because of this!" doom and gloom commentary from someone there too. For all I know, you're one of them.

And it's funny how "I don't seem to understand it", yet your previous post essentially agreed with exactly what I said but hedged yourself to make it look like you weren't making a 180 from your previous grandiose claims.

91. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 20:13 Teddy

ASeven wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 20:12:
I find your lack of economic knowledge... disturbing.

And I find your claim of having more knowledge than EA itself, disturbing. And comical.

89. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 20:11 Teddy

Dev wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 20:07:
Alamar wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 20:04:
But really... Why not cancel right after you activated your account at/near launch? When I did it, I had no problems... I didn't wait until there would be a huge rush of people doing so.
Does it cancel immediately or after your paid time is up?

I would imagine in general they canceled so late so as to give EA the maximum time to fix the issues and give the game a fair shake. If they liked it a lot, they probably wouldn't have canceled.

No. Like any other MMO, you get the time you paid for, regardless of whether you cancelled on the first day or the last.

88. Re: The Old Republic Cancellation Issues; Trailer Jan 19, 2012, 20:08 Teddy

Cutter wrote on Jan 19, 2012, 19:53:
Oh man, can you imagine EA dying?! That makes my epeen hard as virtual-mahogany!

You may as well keep imagining. The fact that random internet commenter number 5476 thinks he knows more about EA's finances, or stability than EA does is pretty laughable at best.

As has been said plenty of times, they have more than enough money to afford a complete and utter failure of this product. If they didn't, they wouldn't have chanced it. You don't futz with a multi-billion dollar company and take chances that would leave it insolvent.

EA may not be the nicest publisher on the block, but they didn't get to where they are by being stupid. Will their stock drop if the game crashes? Of course it will. Will the company go out of business? Not a chance in hell.

News Comments > Star Trek Online F2P Begins
10. Re: Star Trek Online F2P Begins Jan 18, 2012, 00:29 Teddy

Lorcin wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 22:54:

"We have strong hopes that within the next 18 months Star Trek Online will join other MMO luminaries such as The Matrix Online and be retired forever to the Hall of Fame.

Don't you have to be good to get into the Hall of Fame?

News Comments > The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed
32. Re: The Old Republic: Rise of the Rakghouls Delayed Jan 17, 2012, 20:31 Teddy

VoodooV wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 18:23:
Twice now playing SWTOR I've wanted to pause in my leveling and work on crafting and gather the skills and the materials necessary to get the best armor I could for the level I was at. RE'ing a blue recipe to get a purple recipe is either broken or it's insanely difficult and the only way to make it less difficult is to increase your crafting skill, but at a certain point, you no longer get any crafting XP for crafting the items appropriate to your level and you need to start crafting stuff in the next tier to start getting experience again.

Your problem here is you've got faulty information. RE-ing is random. You can get it on the 1st RE, or the 101st, it's all on luck and yes getting purples has a very small chance. Second, no having a higher skill doesn't affect it, and neither does having higher affection from the companion you're using to craft either.

The rest of your drivel really isn't worth a response.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
40. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 16, 2012, 13:36 Teddy

Jerykk wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 12:33:
And if you haven't "beaten" the game at 200 hours on a single character you have serious fucking pacing problems. I got my first character to level 51 in under 65 hours and decided, "OK, enough is enough, time to finish the damn game."

Not everyone cares about completing the main quest. Some people would rather clear all the dungeons and sidequests. Or steal from every house and NPC. That's the beauty of the Elder Scrolls games; you can ignore the main quest and still gets tons of gameplay.

Exactly. You get to play the game how you want, not how some other douche-bag (see initial quote) thinks you should play it.

News Comments > Ubi DRM Thwarts Review
9. Re: Ubi DRM Thwarts Review Jan 16, 2012, 13:14 Teddy

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 12:58:
Wolfen wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 12:44:
2 minutes on preparing to load eh? Older machine maybe? Mine is a bit older and I don't even wait that long.
Actually, I've had similar delays myself. It might be related to the internet connection but if it doesn't launch instantly I've had quite a few occasions where it can take 30+ secs. Whereas if I simply restart the Steam client in Offline mode it launches instantly. If it's instant in Offline mode it should be the same online.

I've had that issue on occasion, where it sits at preparing to load. Every time it's happened, simply shutting steam down and reloading it fixes the problem for me.

News Comments > The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans
16. Re: The Old Republic Bug Fix Plans Jan 5, 2012, 07:39 Teddy

Dades wrote on Jan 5, 2012, 07:21:
I'm glad to hear they're fixing the bugs. There's plenty but the game is still a great MMO to play. Is it okay to post non-complaints on bluesnews?

In your case it seems to be only flowery fanboy defense for this game. Must offset all negative comments about game because I enjoy it!

As opposed to the masses of "Must hate on this game I've never played" that fill the threads around here?

News Comments > The Old Republic Bans?
26. Re: The Old Republic Bans? Jan 1, 2012, 19:16 Teddy

WyldKat wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 15:10:

Once again, They're banning for their own bad game design not an actual bug exploit.

And... Once again, they were obviously exploiting a game mechanic in an unintended manner. They knew they were doing it, they knew it was wrong. They deserve their bans 100%.

Could it have been avoided with more careful design? Yes. Could it be fixed via patch? Yes, and it probably will be.

It doesn't matter that it's a design flaw they're exploiting and not a bug. This is something they absolutely knew they were wrong in doing, and yet did it anyways in the hopes of quick profit. They got caught, and that's that.

As for your complaint about the PVP dailies... they're PvP dailies for a reason. They're supposed to require PvP, AND require that you win/complete your task. Acting like you 'deserve' to finish the repeatable quests every day without doing the work involved is just sad and lazy. You don't have the right to exploit the system simply because you disagree with the implementation of it.

News Comments > The Old Republic Bans?
5. Re: The Old Republic Bans? Jan 1, 2012, 13:49 Teddy

“Well, the people on bioware fourm are saying he is actually banned for doing a “flip” exploit on the planet. not because he was low level and farming high level nodes. which makes a lot of sense to me. the flip exploit: from what i understand, when the control of the zone is changed from one faction to another, all the gathering nodes respawn. so if you have someone from the other team to cooperate and flip it back and forth, you would have infinite money. the reason why bioware mentioned he is there at low level is most likely to emphasis the fact he is exploiting there isn’t enough high level player to fight for the control of the zone yet. so he is also exploiting this fact by going there at low level. i think this makes the most sense. as stupid and unreasonable as EA support is, to be banned for playing the game different is too much.”

Directly from the rock paper shotgun link.

He wasn't banned for looting high level areas. He was banned because he and a friend were in a high level pvp area co-operating to force the area to swap from imperial to republic control over and over to force the collection nodes to re-spawn instantly.

It's an OBVIOUS exploit, and not something you can accidentally do. Considering the mechanics of it, there's no question that they were intentionally exploiting it.

They deserve their bans, 100%.

News Comments > On The Old Republic Queues
9. Re: On The Old Republic Queues Dec 22, 2011, 00:12 Teddy

PropheT wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 21:52:
Well, if the game came out yesterday and you had to re-roll on a new server you'd be out one day worth of low level character.

Except that there are people who have been playing for a week and a day now, not just one day. That's a bit more frustrating to lose when you suddenly find out that all your friends joined some other server.

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Beta Signups
8. Re: PlanetSide 2 Beta Signups Dec 21, 2011, 21:56 Teddy

[VG]Reagle wrote on Dec 21, 2011, 21:13:
I am 5 years old...

That explains so much.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches
30. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Launches Dec 20, 2011, 14:34 Teddy

Yewkon wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 13:30:
Darks wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 13:10:

The Esseles Flashpoint is a low level FP. you can start it at level 9 and up. but, you would have to be at least a level 15 or above to solo it. There are a few boss fights that are pretty dificult. You defianlty are not going to solo this FP at 10 thru 14.

I may have been level 9 or 10. I can't remember. I was whatever level you would normally be when you reach that flashpoint in the game. I didn't backtrack and come back at a higher level. This was before I was able to PvP so maybe I wasn't even level 11, yet.

Dont believe me? Make a bounty hunter, and run through that flashpoint. Get the bosses on the opposite sides of the stacks of boxes, or for two of them (the jedi at the end, and some other guy) run around in a large circle, keep passing you companion so you get healed. It was ridiculously simply.

My point is: If the Flashpoint AI is so easily exploitable, and doesn't ever 'reset', like in every other MMO ever, what's to prevent people from farming world bosses and the like by exploiting the crappy AI?

Others have said similar, but more to the point here... that FP you're talking about is a 2 man flashpoint, and designed in such a way that you don't need a healer or a tank to finish it.

You did it with you (tank) and a companion healer. While the companions aren't really comparable to a player, you're still running the FP with 2 characters which is exactly what it was designed for.

Try that same approach in the next flashpoint. That's the one where you need healers and tanks and 4 players to get it done properly at the appropriate level.

News Comments > Skyrim Ships 10M; "Fastest Selling Title in Steam's History"
14. Re: Skyrim Ships 10M; Dec 16, 2011, 23:59 Teddy

PHJF wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 23:15:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 21:56:
PHJF wrote on Dec 16, 2011, 20:53:
ENGLISH

IT'S REAL FUCKIN HARD
Protip: No-dash is also correct.

AN ADJECTIVE JOINED WITH A PARTICIPLE TO FORM A SINGLE ADJECTIVE IS HYPHENATED

FASTEST IS AN ADJECTIVE

SELLING IS A PARTICIPLE

FASTEST-SELLING IS A COMPOUND ADJECTIVE

I don't expect random dumbasses on the internet to get hyphen usage correct. I expect a "Director of Business Development" to correctly use hyphens.

Your understanding of compound adjectives is flawed. It is NOT always guaranteed that simply because two adjectives are next to one another that they must be hyphenated. It's a question of whether or not it clarifies the use of the adjectives.

In this case, there is no ambiguity created by the two adjectives so the usage was correct.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand
33. Re: Battlefield 3 Goes Back to Karkand Dec 13, 2011, 18:28 Teddy

Yakubs wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 17:23:
These maps should really have been included at release or should have been free for everyone. There's no way I'm going to drop another $15 just to get the complete game.

It also seems like a dumb strategy to give it away for free as part of the LE. The people who pre-order are the same people who would willingly pay the extra $15 while the people like me who picked the game up on a whim are almost never going to pony up.

So.... punish the dedicated fans and give things away for free to everyone else? That is one of the most idiotic ideas I've ever seen posted here.

News Comments > The Old Republic Early Access Begins
42. Re: The Old Republic Early Access Begins Dec 13, 2011, 18:19 Teddy

Ray Marden wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 17:55:
  • They had a poor explanation of how the system would work - if you have already registered your product, you just need to wait until they "unlock" your client for the free play. However, the account page tells yhou that you need to enter a code and set up a subscription.

• This is the very first line on my account page:

If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access.

News Comments > Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY
    4. Re: Skyrim is Spike's 2011 GotY Dec 11, 2011, 17:15 Teddy

RollinThundr wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 16:58:
    Alamar wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 16:45:
    I find this very disappointing...

-Alamar

How so? Skyrim is fucking awesome and worthy of GOTY.

Exactly. There were some other good games on the list, but not one of them compares with the sheer scope and immersion that Skyrim allows.

News Comments > The Old Republic Preloads; Early Access Next Week
    24. Re: The Old Republic Preloads; Early Access Next Week Dec 8, 2011, 17:26 Teddy

Alamar wrote on Dec 8, 2011, 13:55:
    As a very specific example, added as a spoiler, even with pretty generic info/wording, when you finish the second world (the first being the 'tutorial area'), you're given a choice of 2 worlds to continue on... As a story driven progression style, this is harder, but at this point, it's more like, go find pieces A and B of the blah-blah, so it matters not which you get first...

So really, it's an argument disputing what you said, but also supporting it... You can choose A, then B, or B, then A, but it's the same thing essentially...

However, it's up to the individual player whether this is good or bad... For over a decade, massive players have complained that massives don't have enough story, don't have enough 'effect on the world', etc... SW 'solves' one with a butt load of story, and GW2 'solves' the other, with Dynamic Events...

-Alamar

I suppose if you've decided that you have to do the story quests, then you have to follow that, but my experience showed me a great deal of side-quests and whatnot. I'm fairly certain I could have leveled up without touching the main story quests once I got my ship, if I so chose. That said, I only got to the mid 20's so there may be some point where it forces you to do the story quests to unlock something further, but I hadn't found anything like that by level 25ish.

That's more or less the sacrifice you have to make. You can play open world and do what you want, but if you want a story to go with it, you need some form of structure. That said, I chose to go to neither location A or location B in said storyline, choosing an entirely different random planet and got my ass handed to me in the process. From what I've seen there's a little bit of overlap in level ranges for planets, but not much so unless you're tooling around with friends, you're probably right in that you don't have that many different choices of where you -should- be to level up.

That's not that different from most MMO's, though. WoW had a few at the lower levels and your options thinned out to a straight line as soon as you got to a certain level.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 10.
    < Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo