Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Justin

Real Name Justin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cabezone
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 3, 2004, 20:40
Total Comments 1040 (Pro)
User ID 20076

User comment history
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

News Comments > Bethesda Buys Fallout
47. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2007, 17:36 Cabezone

Do you even enjoy RPGs? Saying fallout tactics was the best of the bunch tells me you don't care about story, meaningfull quests, solving quests without help, and just want to blow shit up. Which is fine, but it's not what most RPG fans are looking for.

"You faked cancer to get high?"

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

41. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2007, 16:55 Cabezone

I gotta be honest here as much as I despise Oblivion, I much prefer the combat in it to the previous games.

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

25. Re: I'll ask again... Apr 13, 2007, 13:41 Cabezone

The Elder Scrolls games used to be mature, but somewhere between Daggerfall and Morrowind they began their trend towords mass market appeal. I really don't see them releasing any kind of challenging and mature game. That lying doushbag Pete Hines even said in an interview recently that the mass console crowd is their main focus now.

It was changed to M after someone found some semi nude art leftover on the DVD, not for any of the actual IG content. They can bullshit all they want about the violence, but if it wasn't for the leftover art it'd have kept the T rating.

-Cameron

This comment was edited on Apr 13, 13:43.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

14. No subject Apr 13, 2007, 12:01 Cabezone

In this we are in total agreement PJ.

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Dungeon Runners Beta
2. Re: ha Apr 12, 2007, 23:17 Cabezone

It's more likely that they havn't bothered to invite any of their friends, I know I didn't.

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online SE Announced
23. Re: What? Apr 12, 2007, 21:54 Cabezone

It always amazes me how fanboys will blow shit way out of proportion. I mentioned that the graphics are unimpressive, and they are from a technical standpoint, and all of the sudden I hate the game because the graphics are medicocre. I never once said they looked bad.

I will grant you that the art style is pleasant enough looking but that is not the same thing as having modern detailed graphics. I'm not sure if anything in the game has any kind of bump mapping at all, not the old kind or the more modern techniques. Everything has a very flat look to it.

I accept that it looks better than any of the other MMORPGs, but that isn't saying anything. By and large MMORPG look like crap and are way behind the times from a technical standpoint.

That being said having an advanced engine is no garauntee of a good looking game. The EQ2 fanboys were slobbering all over the graphics in it but to me it always looked terrible, I much preferred to look of WoW.

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

16. Re: What? Apr 12, 2007, 18:31 Cabezone

8800GTX, what video card do you suggest I upgrade to? SLI?

The beta client had weak medium res textures. It didn't have much of any bump, parralax, normal mapping or any of the normal things that give textures some depth. Everything was flat looking.

I'm redownloading it with the high res client and I'll see if they've done any work in that area.

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

12. No subject Apr 12, 2007, 15:37 Cabezone

DELETED, Double post
This comment was edited on Apr 12, 15:37.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

11. No subject Apr 12, 2007, 15:36 Cabezone

For anybody in this beta, did they ever release the high end graphics client to testers? When I tried it out it only had the medium client and it wasn't very impressive.

NM, aparantly only on the preorder disks

-Cameron

This comment was edited on Apr 12, 15:40.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

4. Re: No subject Apr 12, 2007, 13:06 Cabezone

Hey smart guy, I was referring to the game itself, not the contents of the special addition.

The game tries very hard to be Middle Earth WoW, but doesn't work as well. WoW brought nothing new to the table, but what it did do was do everything it copied very well. LoTRO tried to copy that model but the gameplay just isn't there. Monster play will not make this game a hit.

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

1. No subject Apr 12, 2007, 12:16 Cabezone

Is the special addition not a weak WoW wannabe?

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Penumbra: Overture
7. Re: Mar 31, 2007, 01:43 Cabezone

They also use "torch" for flashlight in the game, must be some kind of translation error

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. No subject Mar 29, 2007, 16:00 Cabezone

Why did they use the x64 Vista? Games don't even run correctly in x64 XP.

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Patches
77. Re: Never thought I would say it... Mar 28, 2007, 14:18 Cabezone

I've wiped out that checkpoint 3 times in different games and never noticed any additional patrols. I've never even noticed a military patrol in my games at all.

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

68. Re: D'oh! ere we go again. Mar 27, 2007, 23:59 Cabezone

You clearly do not understand the lighting system they used. It is much more intesive at first than lighting done traditionally, however, you can add as many light sources to the screen as you want with no performance hit.

I recommend you do some reading before shooting your mouth off, just makes you sound loud and ignorant. They chose to go with a much mroe advanced lighting system than most people, it was not "tacked on". On a 7800GTX is runs fine maxed out at a mid resoulution, which is pretty good. On a 8800GTX it runs maxed out at a high res, with as many light sources as you could want in a scene, all without breaking a sweat.

-Cameron
This comment was edited on Mar 28, 00:01.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

19. No subject Mar 27, 2007, 11:11 Cabezone

I read this on the HardOCP forums, can't verify till I get home:

There are some VERY VERY major changes not listed in the log there.

1. The trader/s now sell some nice things. THe first trader has a Merc and Stalker suit, he also sells guns like the Viper, plus more ammo (for shotguns, etc). Plus when you trade him something it shows up in his stock. Also the prices for things have went up, so overall the "abudance" of money issue is going down.

This means you actually have a reason/use for your money now.

2. The AI has been changed quite a bit. They no longer see you easily and you can hide a LOT better, so stealth is now a vital choice you can make, this leads to you not having to fight every person you come across.

3. The damage model has been tweaked, in the factory the bandits there take like 2-3 bullets to drop now, instead of 8+ (non headshots).

4. Your suits degrade now, which in turn also reduces their +stats.

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Patches
5. No subject Mar 23, 2007, 13:58 Cabezone

Is this the patch that removes the cookie cutterness of everything? Or removes the scaled level system? If not Bethsoft can suck my nuts, I'll never buy anything from them again.

Good ol Hines said in a recent interview that mouth breathing console fans are their primary target and PC's come in second from now on.

One of the great things about Stalker is that it does not hold your hand, just dumps you into the world and lets you figure it out, like Bethsoft used to.

-Cameron
This comment was edited on Mar 23, 14:04.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Beta/Subscription Plans
9. Re: No subject Mar 23, 2007, 11:07 Cabezone

It's for LoTRO only and only while you are subscribed the first time. If you cancle your subscription and renew a few months later you lose the discount.

-Cameron
This comment was edited on Mar 23, 11:07.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
107. No subject Mar 21, 2007, 17:09 Cabezone

If you don't like the way someone does buisness the answer is not to steal from them but to not give them your buisness.

If you don't like the way the game industry works, find a new hobby. Stealing is never the answer, not when we're talking about recreation.

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
63. No subject Mar 20, 2007, 22:57 Cabezone

Oh and just FYI the game does not support AA with the advanced lighting they use, so if you've got it forced in the drivers, you may want to turn it off.

-Cameron

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

1040 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo