Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Justin

Real Name Justin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cabezone
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 3, 2004, 20:40
Total Comments 1028 (Pro)
User ID 20076

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Airborne
8. No subject Sep 4, 2007, 15:51 Cabezone

I say the AI is garbage because when they take "cover" over half the time they're not truly behind anything and can still be hit. You can also sit in a stairwell and wait as the entire floor above you rushes down the stairs one at a time, leaving plenty of time for reloading. You'd think it'd be possible to program them to toss a grenade down at you.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Medal of Honor Airborne
3. No subject Sep 4, 2007, 14:18 Cabezone

This had an interesting idea, I like dropping in where I choose. The demo left me unimpressed though.

The AI is garbage...I mean really really bad.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. Re: TR Aug 31, 2007, 12:23 Cabezone

Holy crap is she full of shit:

April: They seem to like it. It's interesting to see people who are not traditional MMO players try it, too. We started with these very “hardcore” MMO-style players and started adding more casual players—shooter type players who seem to “get” Tabula Rasa much faster. They don't have preconceived notions of what an MMO should be or how it should play. They come in and it's like learning a brand new thing to them. When you learn a new game, you learn the rules, you learn how things play, and then you play it.

This describes me when I first started the beta, I was the non MMORPG player and it felt right to me.

We've gotten a lot of great feedback about the game and made lots of really good changes based on that feedback. I think our players have started to see, especially in the last few months of beta, that their feedback has made a definite impact and our game is better for it.

I shall translate this for you: Our target playerbase, the traditional MMORPG player, did not get the game. We have started cramming in as much grinding, timesinks, and slowing the game down enough so that any feeb that can wheel his rascal up to a keyboard can play it. We have given up on attempting to make a new game and have decided to just make another traditional MMORPG

This is a feature I shall never understand:

Let's say I shoot you and do critical damage to you. A red skull will appear above your head and that means that you're critically wounded. I can run up to you, hit you with a melee strike, do a critical finishing move which is kind of like Mortal Kombat, with a special animation, and you actually get extra XP for it.

Essentiall in the middle of a firefight a guy you crited will suddenly hover in the air with his armes and legs spread wide while spasming like he's being electrocuted. This mob remains a target and will interfere with your shots. You have to run up to it and kick the damn thing and it explodes...it's really retarded.

PS: I don't give a crap if they kick me outta the beta, they left me behind a few patches back. People were complaining that they had no "need" to group other than for *gasp* social reasons, so they decided to add forced grouping to the game. Instances are half the game and they're making them too hard to even level solo.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 18:05.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > etc.
7. No subject Aug 30, 2007, 17:46 Cabezone

I don't use any protection I occasionally download a few free spyware cleaners but rarely find anything.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > MMO Q&As
6. Re: Tabula Rasa Aug 29, 2007, 03:30 Cabezone

The game is turning into just any other MMORPG, nothing new to see.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Teen SC answer Aug 27, 2007, 12:32 Cabezone

I think that it's supposed to be an unlabeled map.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > UK Two Worlds Next Month
4. No subject Aug 24, 2007, 13:28 Cabezone

It's been trickling into US stores this week. Should be widely avaiable by next week.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Full HD: Hip or Hype? Aug 23, 2007, 17:37 Cabezone

Actually Creston your TV converts that 1080i to 720p, so yeah the 1080p set would show more definition....up close.

Even so half of sports is broadcast in 720p anyway.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 17:37.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

13. Re: ... Aug 23, 2007, 16:57 Cabezone

If your mobo has a pcie 1.1 slot, the pcie 2.0 cards should run in it.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 16:57.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

10. No subject Aug 23, 2007, 15:57 Cabezone

Well it really depends on how you use the flatscreen, lots of variables. If you're sitting 4-6' from your screen and want a 50" 1080p would benefit you, especially someone with a current gen console. At that range you would benefit from the increased resolution for game with long site ranges...shooters and such. You might also get SDE at that range on a 720p, where the 1080p would help even with HD broadcasts.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

5. No subject Aug 23, 2007, 14:06 Cabezone

The biggest benefit to my eyes is you can sit a lot closer to a 1080p set without getting any SDE. Other than that most people would be better of with a 720p screen with great picture quality than an equivalently priced 1080p set with average picture quality.

This comment was edited on Aug 23, 14:06.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Medal of Honor: Airborne Demo
2. Re: No subject Aug 23, 2007, 11:17 Cabezone

It's Rare that I have so many games to play I'm pretty picky. Bioshock, STALKER(was waiting for this patch), Two Worlds, and now this.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > The Truth About BioShock Widescreen
35. No subject Aug 22, 2007, 20:44 Cabezone

Even if they intentionally chose an oddly narrow FOV, it doesn't mean it was a good decision. I really don't care what they intended, one of the reasons I'm a PC gamer is modding. If you don't like something about a game..change it.

As much as Bethesda is a bunch of bastards....at least they get THAT.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

27. Re: No subject Aug 22, 2007, 18:55 Cabezone

......because 75 is HORRIBLY narrow for a widescreen monitor. For 16:10 you should be at least at 90 for it to be comfortable and not have to zoomed in look.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 18:57.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

21. No subject Aug 22, 2007, 18:06 Cabezone

It could also be that they did it to keep the FPS high on the Xbox, but don't want to say that.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

11. Re: No subject Aug 22, 2007, 15:23 Cabezone

If you don't give a fuck, get the fuck out then. This doesn't concern you.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

7. No subject Aug 22, 2007, 14:55 Cabezone

Not to mention is does FUCK the people using triplehead. If you lock triple monitor users to 75...they're basically looking though a tiny slit in the gameworld.

I don't give a crap how they rationalize it, you can't use the same FOV over all aspect ratioes....it's doesn't work right.

We understand that not all users might not be happy with these choices and we will be looking into options for allowing users to adjust FOV settings manually. But as we mentioned earlier, changes to video game code do not happen in minutes or hours. We appreciate your understanding.

Dude cranked out a fix in less than a day....and he's not even a developer.

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 14:56.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > More on BioShock Activation
6. No subject Aug 22, 2007, 14:36 Cabezone

They should at LEAST do it like those bastards at Apple with Itunes. Even if you don't deactivate, you get five installs a year....not ever.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > More on BioShock Activation
2. No subject Aug 22, 2007, 14:23 Cabezone

if you use the game as you normally do, you won't notice this at all.

That's a pretty fucking stupid. Raise your hand if you uninstall all of your software before doing a OS reinstall.....oh that's right no one does.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > BioShock Widescreen Workaround
7. No subject Aug 22, 2007, 12:03 Cabezone

Here's the settings to use for various monitor sizes:

16:9 = 0.75 sliders. Effective FOV = 100 degrees
16:10 = 0.833 sliders. Effective FOV = 90 degrees
5:4 = 1.066 sliders. Effective FOV = 70.4 degrees
4:3 = 1.0 sliders. Effective FOV = 75 degrees

It works in all Vista versions and both the retail and the demo game, but you have to force DX9 mode, either by right clicking on it in the games explorer and selecting DX9, or adding -DX9 to the shortcut.

Edit: Fixed FOV settings, default is 75, not 90

This comment was edited on Aug 22, 12:39.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

1028 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo