Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Justin

Real Name Justin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cabezone
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 3, 2004, 20:40
Total Comments 1014 (Pro)
User ID 20076

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Crysis Sep 20, 2007, 11:42 Cabezone

I very much can test the performance by the MP mode. I can tell the difference between lag and low FPS. Lag doesn't cause consistent 15fps. Regardless I will be checking out the SP demo anyway.

Technically it is beta, even though it's very late beta.

This comment was edited on Sep 20, 11:43.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Crysis Sep 20, 2007, 11:33 Cabezone

I don't really care about the MP, I won't be able to make my decision till after the SP demo is out. I just got in the beta to check out performance.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

4. Crysis Sep 20, 2007, 11:25 Cabezone

Performance is terrible in Vista, even with an 8800GTX, it's not as bad with XP but it's still not great. You have to turn the effects down so low it doesn't even look as good as other current games, depending on your FPS preference levels of course.

Yeah there's an NDA but the demo is supposed to be out on the 25th anyway.

Oh and anything less than an 8800 need not apply. That demo due out next week better be some kind of magic code that improves performance 100%, otherwise I don't know who the hell is going to be playing it.
This comment was edited on Sep 20, 11:32.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Pirates of the Burning Sea Preorder Details
3. No subject Sep 20, 2007, 02:06 Cabezone

Ship combat takes way more tactics and strategy to win an even ship battle than any even fight in any other MMORPG, although that isn't saying much.

Anyone who liked Pirates! and enjoys MMORPGs should give this game a try anyway.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Fallout 3 Q&A
20. No subject Sep 16, 2007, 00:05 Cabezone

Fallout wasn't great because of the combat, the combat sucked ass, it was great becasue of the world they created and the way they told the story. Just about every quest you did impacted the world, often visibly. Remember whn you blew up the shithouse? The town visibly changed to have shit all over the place and people were complaining about it. That's just one quest of many like that.

Show me a single Bethesda game that had even a hint of the kind of changable world.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Gold - Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
13. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2007, 17:38 Cabezone

He means if it really wants to be some good DnD, it should allow up to 6 PCs.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Gold - Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer
9. Re: No subject Sep 15, 2007, 16:29 Cabezone

Except that after the final boss it pretty much fades to black and says "game over"....really fucking lame ending.

This comment was edited on Sep 15, 16:30.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

28. Re: HD Channels Sep 14, 2007, 17:19 Cabezone

This is true, if only everyone had widescreen so they could keep the QB at the far left of the screen so we could see the play developing better on the right....ah someday.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 17:20.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

17. No subject Sep 14, 2007, 15:04 Cabezone

Warhawk,

I live in Lodi and just point this antenna at Sac and get around 6-8 channels with little problem. I know all the football channels come in crystal clear, I don't use it for much else.

http://www.amazon.com/Terk-HDTVa-Amplified-High-Definition-Reception/dp/B0007MXZB2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-2443025-6615241?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1189796530&sr=8-1

Actually I don't remember if I have the powered or unpowered version of that. I just have it on top of a bookshelf in my bottem level apartment.

This comment was edited on Sep 14, 15:06.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

4. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2007, 11:56 Cabezone

I bought a plasma solely for watching football games, which I use an antenna for, and watching HD movies. I don't watch enough regular TV to justify paying for it, but I get all the local channels in crystal clear HD over the air. I have my 360 set up as a media extender and my computer acting as my DVR. Works pretty damn good and I get to watch my Raiders lose in HD this year.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

27. No subject Sep 12, 2007, 20:27 Cabezone

If oyu ignore the Quad, I think you can squeeze out a 8800GTS 512.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

19. No subject Sep 12, 2007, 17:28 Cabezone

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129017

I've got this case and love it, it's really quite. It's also heavy for those of you with the noodle arms.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Guitar Hero III PC and Mac
4. No subject Sep 11, 2007, 13:54 Cabezone

It'd be the coolest if the Rock band Guitar was USB and worked with the PC.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GotY Edition Ships
1. No subject Sep 10, 2007, 17:42 Cabezone

Does this version ship with all the mods that make the PC version an actual PC version?

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > New NVIDIA Beta Drivers
6. No subject Sep 10, 2007, 17:01 Cabezone

Hopefully these fix the DX9 crash bug in Vista. Anytime you use a vending machine the game crashes, in Vista DX9. DX10 runs too slow for my tastes even with a GTX.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Gold - Tabula Rasa
40. Re: Whats with all this hate? Sep 6, 2007, 18:19 Cabezone

I like how you lump people who have poor opinions of the game all together as trolls.

I will keep kicking and screaming about how much fun the game used to be all the way to launch in the hopes that it recaptures some of it's previous enjoyment.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Morning Q&As - Crysis "10-20 Hours"
7. No subject Sep 6, 2007, 17:16 Cabezone

Was Far Cry really much longer than that? I don't recall it being all that long.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

32. Re: Whats with all this hate? Sep 6, 2007, 16:40 Cabezone

If you actually enjoy current MMORPGs then I can see why you would enjoy the current state of Rasa, it's like a slightly faster paced standard MMORPG. To me the current style of MMORPGs suck ass. Each patch bring the game more and more inline with the rest of them.

It feels nothing like PS, jesus you must be fucking terrible at shooters if this is how you play them.

Here's somehting from the recent patch notes that tell me the devs just don't get how to make it feel like everyone on one big team:

AE Buffs will only affect squad members now, not nearby friendlies.

Once again making this like all the others.

This comment was edited on Sep 6, 16:56.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

26. Re: This aint rdy for prime time. Sep 6, 2007, 15:07 Cabezone

Garrot has made some good games....a LONG time ago but this is not the first time he's fallen down. Anyone remember Ultima....I think it was 9? Fucking game was an embarrassment.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

23. No subject Sep 6, 2007, 14:58 Cabezone

Another thing that was good was that anybody contributing to kill a mob got full xp and loot. You didn't have to group up in the open areas for people to work as a team. There was no fighting over spawns since everyone could jump in and gte credit. They decided that was too much fun and went with a traditional XP system and the game changed from everyone working together to the classic bunch of individuals fighting over mobs.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

1014 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo