Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Justin

Real Name Justin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cabezone
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 3, 2004, 20:40
Total Comments 1040 (Pro)
User ID 20076

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Tim Sweeney Q&A - Epic's Console Engine
7. No subject Mar 13, 2008, 11:00 Cabezone

What exactly is so great about their game engine? As far as I can tell it's got obvious technical problems. Texture pop in is complete shit.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. No subject Mar 12, 2008, 11:01 Cabezone

There isn't a drop if you use the latest drivers. This is a major non story.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > KOTOR MMO Rumors Resurface
12. Re: No subject Mar 7, 2008, 14:43 Cabezone

What are you talking about?  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > The Late Show
3. Re: No subject Mar 6, 2008, 15:02 Cabezone

patch, long before the new copy hits shelves I've read.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Individual Orange Box Games Next Month
20. No subject Mar 6, 2008, 14:58 Cabezone

Gotta love the pirates "This is overpriced so I shall steal it!". Jesus, Monster cables are overpriced...so you know what I do? I DON'T BUY THEM!

This comment was edited on Mar 6, 14:59.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
25. No subject Mar 3, 2008, 00:24 Cabezone

I recall co-op being a selling point. The co-op patch came out less than a month after release. No way you just slap fully working co-op into a game like that in 30 days.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Sunday Screenshots
9. Re: Um.. ok... Mar 2, 2008, 17:26 Cabezone

the guys at Irrational are pretty damn good at storytelling and building a believable world.

They are good at repackaging the same story over and over and over. Not that I didn't end up enjoying Bioshock after they mostly fixed the PC version, but it's really just a repackaged system shock.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Blu-ray not big enough for MGS4. Feb 29, 2008, 19:45 Cabezone

If they use some decent compression for the audio, you won't be able to tell the difference and it'll prolly fit on 1 DVD, depending on how much HD video they have. If they have a ton of prerendered HD video, it's going on be at least 2. If they used the game engine to do realtime videos, you should be able to fit it on a single DVD.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Battlestations Pacific Announced
5. No subject Feb 29, 2008, 12:08 Cabezone

I thought it was a good game, but waaaaay too short. Also, near the end of the game you spent most of the time in the strategy map directing icons. Too much micromanagement and not enough action. They needed a lot more of the individual missions for each vehicle.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Competing with WoW a Billion Dollar Hurdle: Activision
16. Re: No subject Feb 28, 2008, 16:35 Cabezone

Are there ANY examples EVER of an indie game, or even a small developer team, taking on a game that's top in it's genre?

Sounds like to me typical anti-corporate everything.

Sins of a Solar Empire has a team of nine people. They had to cut some corners, but they turned out a great product, even if it is a little incomplete.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 16:38.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Iron Lore Entertainment Closes
19. No subject Feb 28, 2008, 16:30 Cabezone

Titan Quest and expansion got over 80%, I wouldn't exactly call that getting panned.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

15. Re: No subject Feb 28, 2008, 15:26 Cabezone

I haven't played it in a long while, but I think most builds end up being less than 20 hotkeys and you'd only have close to that many if you really spread out your skills. Most of the time you'd be around 10 I think.

This comment was edited on Feb 28, 15:27.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

12. No subject Feb 28, 2008, 13:45 Cabezone

They should have ported Titan Quest over to a console, I think it would have done very well there. I think you could have reworked the controls to properly work with a controller.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. No subject Feb 27, 2008, 20:29 Cabezone

HD movie downloads are nowhere near the quality of the good blueray transfers.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Champions Online Movie
9. No subject Feb 26, 2008, 16:40 Cabezone

I wasn't saying it name recognition doesn't help initially. I was saying it asinine the say it's required for something to do well.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > PC Mass Effect May 6
16. No subject Feb 26, 2008, 16:32 Cabezone

People are too impatient nowadays, if it's not the latest thing, it's worthless. I don't care if a company spends an extra year to port a game, as long as the port is done well. A dual launch is worthless if one version is not properly made for it's platform.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

6. Re: No subject Feb 26, 2008, 15:24 Cabezone

Jesus man you're amazingly full of nothing. Name recognition does absolutely diddly squat for you if your game sucks. Other than, maybe, some initial sales based off the name, but you're not going to get regular subscribers to stay if the gameplay is bad. Unless they be Star wars fans, but you don't have that kind of fanaticism with the Marvel name.

If you think WoW is a major hit because there was some RTS games in the same universe.....you're crazy. It could have been World of Blaarg and it's have done just as well. It was the development company that got it all the press.

Too many unique IPs have been hits for losing Marvel to be some kind of death knell. If the game appeals to a lot of people it will be successful.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 15:26.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Rock Band Vs GH3 Feb 26, 2008, 13:24 Cabezone

I don't own GH III but I did try out the guitar in the store. While the clicky strum may be more accurate, it's not for me. I'm not real concerned about getting perfect scores and such and the mushy strum of RB feels a lot better for me.

Using the drums doesn't seem "badass"? I'm not sure what that means, but it is a lot of fun.

Looking at the songlists, I don't like how GHIII locks up a lot of the really good(IMO) music. All the locked content in RB can be unlocked in single player mode and is mostly just stuff I didn't really like anyway.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

2. Re: No subject Feb 26, 2008, 11:33 Cabezone

You mean because you don't recognize the names of the heroes in the video...it's "generic". Almost like they're designing their own unique superheroes. Man I hate it when a company doesn't just shit out the same brand name crap every single game. I much prefer to see familiar and comfortable things in my games. Bring on Unreal 2050!....Call of Duty 23!

How the hell did any of those comics get started in the first place? I mean the what did the first issue of superman copy? It must have been something...right? Otherwise he'd just be a generic superhero.

This comment was edited on Feb 26, 11:36.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Hellgate: London Patch Plans
11. No subject Feb 21, 2008, 13:27 Cabezone

The main problem is the game was released in a poor state. It appears to a lot of people that a lot of the thing that they are adding/fixing for subscribers is shit that should have been in from day one. Had they released a well polished game that people enjoyed, they'd have gotten less flack for a subscription service for new content. I think if they had been able to wait a year to finish working on the classes and the environments it would have gone much better for them.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

1040 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo