Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Justin

Real Name Justin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cabezone
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 3, 2004, 20:40
Total Comments 1040 (Pro)
User ID 20076

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers
27. Re: NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers Oct 24, 2008, 16:36 Cabezone

Weren't beta drivers for cry 2 released last week? And now a new version of them?

Yeah, it's called "we fucked up the first time".

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers Oct 24, 2008, 16:35 Cabezone

The biggest problem is with the car chases that basically make it essential to pick a machine gun as your primary, rather than sniper for those that prefer stealth - that's not as much of an issue for me, though a friend is finding the game quite a chore as sniper. Other than that the combat is great fun.

Tell your friend to get a light machine gun. It goes in the special slot. My loadout is either silenced pistol/sniper/machine gun or grenade launcher/sniper/machine gun.
This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2008, 16:36.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

7. Re: NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers Oct 24, 2008, 14:16 Cabezone

I don't understand the weapon complaints. I've never had a weapon jam that I bought from the arms dealer. I just get a new one every time I pass one on the road.

Enemy detecting your shots depends on distance and frequency. If you shoot from a long ways off they won't know where you are. It's possible the vehicles have a different setting but the people walking definitely have trouble finding you sniping.

Too fast for a shooter? You people need to get off the "realistic" bandwagon. Lots of us like high speed action. Just like you like slow shooters. A fast shooter doesn't make it consolized.

I'll also point out that the game sports lots of high end graphics for the PC version. That's a lot of extra work for the PC version.
This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2008, 14:19.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Widescreen Issue
37. Re: Far Cry 2 Widescreen Issue Oct 23, 2008, 16:27 Cabezone

Please do not lump this game in with the ones that are truly poor ports. This game is nowhere near as bad as your Oblivion or Halo.

The game has a few nitpicks, but shit at least it shipped with high res textures and such for the PC. That alone shows they put a lot of work into to PC version. The vast majority of games released on both the PC and console have the same muddy textures all console games have.

The checkpoints are stupid but you can Rambo them and get through in under a minute.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2008, 16:28.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Widescreen Issue
17. Re: Far Cry 2 Widescreen Issue Oct 23, 2008, 13:48 Cabezone

The problem is the FOV doesn't adjust properly. If you're a person with tripelhead the view is all fucked up.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2008, 13:51.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2
61. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2 Oct 22, 2008, 10:16 Cabezone

The Gamespy reviewer was actually playing the console version. He mentions having to save at safe houses. Only the console versions are restricted to those save points. Shit the only difference between the reviews is they inserted some PC specific stuff into the PC review, bout 4 sentences. Otherwise they're word for word identical, they forgot to take out the save point part for the PC review.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2008, 10:19.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2
34. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2 Oct 21, 2008, 16:12 Cabezone

They mentioned how the AI is inconsistent and erratic.

I'll just say you could add that to just about any review of most games.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 Details
72. No subject Oct 5, 2008, 02:53 Cabezone

Uh...you say you've played them then you say:

Maybe we can sneak around in a brightly lit building or during the middle of the day, for a change.

You can do that in Thief or Splinter cell, as long as you move from cover to cover. Again, those games already do that, they're just removing some of the more difficult to implement options.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 Details
65. No subject Oct 5, 2008, 00:05 Cabezone

What the hell are you talking about? If I'm behind a box the AI shouldn't see me anyway. A shadow/movement/sound stealth system takes more work, which is probably why they dropped it.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
10. No subject Sep 30, 2008, 14:49 Cabezone

Hmm...whats' to keep people from renting the game and paying the transfer fee to move the songs? Does this work with RB 1+2?  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

9. No subject Sep 30, 2008, 14:47 Cabezone

It still has local co-op, which is what I wanted anyway.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: PC Building Help Sep 22, 2008, 17:25 Cabezone

Use the OEM 64 you've got. The retail doens't support both in one OS, it just includes the license for each individually.
I also recommend the dual core, unless you play a lot of RTS game and/or a bunch of media creation.

This comment was edited on Sep 22, 17:27.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Crysis Warhead 64-bit Status
7. No subject Sep 19, 2008, 12:07 Cabezone

I don't see any noticeable improvements either. I ended up using the same settings. I'm also curious if that's due to the lack of a 64 exe.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Open Beta & Content Plans, Closed Beta Nears
1. No subject Sep 12, 2008, 13:46 Cabezone

What "miracle patch" fixed Conan? Was it the one that made most mid to high level quests broken? Or the one that made elites scale so that they were unkillable if you were a few levels higher than them?  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

2. Metallica Sep 12, 2008, 11:41 Cabezone

You wouldn't think Metallica could get a whole lot more greedy...yet they strike again. Originally they were going to have their songs in both games, but when Activision showed up with a dumpster full of cash they just couldn't help themselves. Exclusive is the only way to go baby!

They wouldn't even allow transferring Sandman from RB1 to RB2...I hope they die in a fiery stage explosion.

EDIT...new album blows anyway
EDIT2...I was going to buy GHWT but not with them doing all this exclusive contract bullshit. Same reason I won't buy a Madden game, just fucks the consumer.

This comment was edited on Sep 12, 11:47.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Mount & Blade Combat Details
4. No subject Sep 11, 2008, 17:17 Cabezone

Yeah if you don't really like the combat, it's prolly not enough game for most people.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Patches
14. No subject Sep 11, 2008, 17:15 Cabezone

Do you know of one that just improves the aiming across the board?  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Q&A
8. No subject Sep 3, 2008, 18:51 Cabezone

Why would I want more accurate weapons? Maybe I prefer to actually hit what I'm aiming at when it's close. I don't find it "realistic" to have a random chance hitting a target inside 50 meters...hell even inside 100 should be over 90%. If any of you know anything about shooting you'll know that those ranges are increadably easy to hit with just a little practice, I'm talking semi auto rifle with iron sights. I shouldn't have to stick my AK under a dudes chin to ensure a hit.

This comment was edited on Sep 3, 18:53.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: chrome Sep 3, 2008, 14:15 Cabezone

A very quick test shows it using more RAM when more than 3 tabs are open

If this is even something that you remotely think matters....get more RAM.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Q&A
3. No subject Sep 3, 2008, 14:10 Cabezone

Anybody know of a mod that just improves the accuracy of the weapons? The ones I found did all kinds of other shit that I didn't want.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

1040 Comments. 52 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo