Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Justin

Real Name Justin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cabezone
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 3, 2004, 20:40
Total Comments 1014 (Pro)
User ID 20076

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Patch Nears
13. Re: Far Cry 2 Patch Nears Dec 2, 2008, 18:24 Cabezone

It reminds me a lot of how I felt about Assassin's Creed. So much wasted potential.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2008, 18:25.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ghostbusters Dated, Baldur's Gate & NWN to be Revisited
6. Re: Ghostbusters Dated, Baldur's Gate & Dec 2, 2008, 13:53 Cabezone

Here's hoping they can make a good working UI for a new Baldur's Gate game. Not to mention some non retarded party AI options. NWN 2 doesn't give me a lot of hope.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Sin: Entrenchment Date, Preorders, Beta Plans
2. Re: Sin: Entrenchment Date, Preorders, Beta Plans Nov 19, 2008, 17:01 Cabezone

It wasn't on the normal game browser in impulse yet. I had to search for it specifically to find it.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Wheel of Time Game Plans
11. Re: Wheel of Time Game Plans Nov 12, 2008, 17:02 Cabezone

His books have always been full of bloat and suck. In a movie they can show an oak tree rather than spend a page describing it. I have no trouble believing they can crop each book down to a long movie.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Crysis Wars 64-Bit Client & Linux Server Next Week
5. Re: Crysis Warhead 64-Bit Client & Linux Server Next Week Nov 1, 2008, 17:31 Cabezone

64 bit Crysis ran a bit better than the 32 version.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3
111. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 Oct 31, 2008, 11:33 Cabezone

I liked Oblivion for the first 8 hours and then it fizzled out with cookie-cutter dungeons and too easy combat. I'm playing Fallout 3 now and enjoying it, but I wonder if 8 hours of gameplay later, it will end up too easy and generic like Oblivion ultimately was. Just saying that first impressions of a game arent reliable.

So far every location I've been or "dungeon" has some kind of story attached to it. The combat in each place might be similar but the added story makes it all more interesting. It gives you a purpose and a sense of discovery.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

106. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 Oct 30, 2008, 18:51 Cabezone

You can definitely compare it to Oblivion. The same way you can compare a masterpiece like Plansescape Torment to Icewind Dale. Both games use the same engine and "play" similar, but are two very different experiences.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

104. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 Oct 30, 2008, 17:43 Cabezone

This game rocks, it's every bit as good as the originals. It's also miles better than Oblivion, which I did not like.

You may go back to your hate.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Game Reviews
16. Re: Game Reviews Oct 30, 2008, 15:28 Cabezone

How is it an RPG lite from a gameplay perspective? What makes the gameplay less RPG than the originals.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

14. Re: Game Reviews Oct 30, 2008, 13:54 Cabezone

What makes it RPG lite? The skill system is nearly identical to Fallout's, improved in my opinion. The writing isn't nearly as good, but you have very similar choices to the ones you had in the originals.

The game is definitely easier than the originals.

This comment was edited on Oct 30, 2008, 14:03.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

10. Re: Game Reviews Oct 30, 2008, 11:48 Cabezone

Can some of you please explain to me what RPG means to you?  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Red Alert 3
13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Red Alert 3 Oct 28, 2008, 15:24 Cabezone

I'd just like to point out that the main campaign is designed to be played 2 player co-op. A nice option.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

61. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 Oct 28, 2008, 14:07 Cabezone

Each area has a range, 1-4, 4-8...ect. The enemies will be somewhere inside that range depending on your level. Once you've entered an area the level is locked.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2008, 14:07.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

48. Re: Ships Ahoy - Fallout 3 Oct 28, 2008, 11:29 Cabezone

I have my doubts that the textures are any better in the PC version. The shitty Oblivion textures were shitty in both versions.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers
27. Re: NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers Oct 24, 2008, 16:36 Cabezone

Weren't beta drivers for cry 2 released last week? And now a new version of them?

Yeah, it's called "we fucked up the first time".

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

26. Re: NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers Oct 24, 2008, 16:35 Cabezone

The biggest problem is with the car chases that basically make it essential to pick a machine gun as your primary, rather than sniper for those that prefer stealth - that's not as much of an issue for me, though a friend is finding the game quite a chore as sniper. Other than that the combat is great fun.

Tell your friend to get a light machine gun. It goes in the special slot. My loadout is either silenced pistol/sniper/machine gun or grenade launcher/sniper/machine gun.
This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2008, 16:36.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

7. Re: NVIDIA Far Cry 2 Beta Drivers Oct 24, 2008, 14:16 Cabezone

I don't understand the weapon complaints. I've never had a weapon jam that I bought from the arms dealer. I just get a new one every time I pass one on the road.

Enemy detecting your shots depends on distance and frequency. If you shoot from a long ways off they won't know where you are. It's possible the vehicles have a different setting but the people walking definitely have trouble finding you sniping.

Too fast for a shooter? You people need to get off the "realistic" bandwagon. Lots of us like high speed action. Just like you like slow shooters. A fast shooter doesn't make it consolized.

I'll also point out that the game sports lots of high end graphics for the PC version. That's a lot of extra work for the PC version.
This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2008, 14:19.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Widescreen Issue
37. Re: Far Cry 2 Widescreen Issue Oct 23, 2008, 16:27 Cabezone

Please do not lump this game in with the ones that are truly poor ports. This game is nowhere near as bad as your Oblivion or Halo.

The game has a few nitpicks, but shit at least it shipped with high res textures and such for the PC. That alone shows they put a lot of work into to PC version. The vast majority of games released on both the PC and console have the same muddy textures all console games have.

The checkpoints are stupid but you can Rambo them and get through in under a minute.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2008, 16:28.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Widescreen Issue
17. Re: Far Cry 2 Widescreen Issue Oct 23, 2008, 13:48 Cabezone

The problem is the FOV doesn't adjust properly. If you're a person with tripelhead the view is all fucked up.

This comment was edited on Oct 23, 2008, 13:51.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2
61. Re: Ships Ahoy - Far Cry 2 Oct 22, 2008, 10:16 Cabezone

The Gamespy reviewer was actually playing the console version. He mentions having to save at safe houses. Only the console versions are restricted to those save points. Shit the only difference between the reviews is they inserted some PC specific stuff into the PC review, bout 4 sentences. Otherwise they're word for word identical, they forgot to take out the save point part for the PC review.

This comment was edited on Oct 22, 2008, 10:19.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

1014 Comments. 51 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo