Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Justin

Real Name Justin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Cabezone
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 3, 2004, 20:40
Total Comments 1054 (Pro)
User ID 20076

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GeForce Driver Hotfix
7. Re: GeForce Driver Hotfix Jun 27, 2015, 15:39 Cabezone

Witcher 3 is still a bit crashy so hopefully this helps.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Free DLC
77. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 30, 2015, 22:26 Cabezone

CJ_Parker wrote on May 30, 2015, 11:29:
You can twist it and turn it as you like. Respec option in any game (except MMOs where sometimes the devs change entire classes and it's only fair you are given a chance to respec if your gameplay changes through no fault of your own) is retard casual gamer crap for n00bs who can't play to rectify their dumbass decisions.

It also makes zero sense from a roleplaying perspective. It takes time to develop your character. Everything is a (slow) learning process for your character. To be able to instantly unlearn everything and relearn some completely different shit is immersion breaking and simply outright stupid. It takes you out of the game, it destroys any sense of consistency and persistence and it completely waters down your (level-up) choices since the consequences are zilch if you can simply respec at any time. Fuck this casual MMO crap.

Do you have some sort of brain damage?

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

40. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 10:14 Cabezone

The AI is pretty crappy, which is why it'll run full tilt on a shitty processor.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

39. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 10:11 Cabezone

Then people should say something along those lines then. People object when asshats make a video game equivalent of one of those infomercials showing how hard it is to use a can opener. Then some other jackass posts it as evidence of something.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

37. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 10:01 Cabezone

Yeah you can button mash bandits and wolves, the weakest enemies in the game. I don't think every fight needs to be difficult. Lets see him button mash heavy attack against on of the incorporeal monsters, or a bear.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

15. Re: The Witcher 3 Free DLC May 29, 2015, 00:05 Cabezone

If you button mash at above the default difficulty you are going to die to everything.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
12. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 12:54 Cabezone

jacobvandy wrote on May 21, 2015, 12:35:
I can only guess that they layer some extra gravy on for the cutscenes, because I noticed from the very first one that they perform horribly compared to normal gameplay. To the point where I assume what was programmed as smooth camera movement often lurches uncomfortably. Hopefully it's better now.

The prelaunch patch messed up the cutscenes. They were choppy independent of framerate.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patched
6. Re: The Witcher 3 Patched May 21, 2015, 12:18 Cabezone

Quboid wrote on May 21, 2015, 11:59:
Improves Nvidia Hairworks performance

By how much, I wonder. Nvidia's own performance guide makes Hairworks seems like an awful feature with about a 20% performance drop.

It's a massive performance hit for a feature you only notice if you're standing still looking at hair.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > More Fallout 4 Speculation
12. Re: More Fallout 4 Speculation May 11, 2015, 11:49 Cabezone

For free roaming fallout 3 was better than NV.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning
25. Re: Pillars of Eternity Bug Warning Mar 30, 2015, 23:10 Cabezone

Raegers Keep(I think that's the name) has a game destroying bug also. You can be locked out of leaving due to it crashing 100% upon exit.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers
15. Re: Valve's HTC Vive Free for Developers Mar 27, 2015, 14:12 Cabezone

Yeahyeah Yeah wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 13:04:
harlock wrote on Mar 27, 2015, 12:19:
still kinda skeptical how much practical application these VR helmets will have in gaming, outside cockpit simulations

This reminds me of the attitude I saw early into the Android/iOS lifecycle, where some people were skeptical of the idea of those platforms being big for gaming. Because, really, if you want to play a game on the go, you have the Nintendo DS, etc. Oh boy, a phone with a touch interface. No buttons, no D-pad, good luck playing Castlevania on that? What a joke.

Of course, what happened was people didn't make Castlevania (at least not very well) on the iOS and Android. But they made Puzzle and Dragon, Infinity Blade, and a variety of other games that played directly to the strengths of the device. And now mobile gaming is huge.

It's similar here. You're saying, no benefit beyond cockpit simulations. But to developers, they hear that and start thinking of a million games or gameplay experiences that can be awesome with that kind of tech. Games where you're a security guard keeping your eye on multiple security cameras trying to catch a crime, or where you're controlling several different tanks at once, switching between manual and automatic control as you play as a strategic/developer mastermind, or more.

There's one huge fucking difference...most everyone you know owns a phone capable of playing games.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Elite: Deadly TradeMarked
17. Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Feb 20, 2015, 09:51 Cabezone

Reallly....comparing it to Skyrim? I suppose if you took out all of the quests, dialogue, stretched the landmass100x larger...they might be similar content wise. Then after kitting yourself out in dwarven gear it's 80 hours till you can afford ebony.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Elite: Deadly TradeMarked
3. Re: Elite: Deadly TradeMarked Feb 19, 2015, 20:27 Cabezone

I'm not going to be happy if they release pay DLC that adds actual combat content. Right now it's just a space trucking simulator with some dogfighting if you want.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch to Unlock Content
4. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch to Unlock Content Feb 19, 2015, 01:57 Cabezone

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 22:44:
The Half Elf wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 19:51:
Did they ever get performance under control? I am a fan of the AC series, but totally skipped this.

I got this for free with a GTX 970 last year and just started playing it tonight. On Ultra textures with most AA turned up, it doesn't hold 60fps at 1080p but it's pretty close and it looks damn impressive. At it's patched tonight, it seems pretty decent. If this update improves it more, I'll be quite pleased.

I started playing it this week also and found the performance fine for what I was seeing, same card. Mine will hold over 40 at least, dips into the 30's for some cutscenes that should be in the 60's but maybe they locked those lower for some reason.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow
57. Re: Dragon Age: Inquisition PC Patch Tomorrow Dec 8, 2014, 15:26 Cabezone

Bioware just has a thing about adding bloat to their games. All those little tedious missions in ME3 were added near the end.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Deus Ex "Dawn" Engine Revealed; DX Universe Clarified
23. Re: Deus Ex Dec 4, 2014, 20:26 Cabezone

Regular music MP3s at Amazon are either 256 or 256vbr, dunno why that soundtrack is 128.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2014, 20:53 Cabezone

You can also check out Alton Brown's Thanksgiving turkey...I've been using his method for a few years now and it's always very good. HE gets the skin crispy by starting at 500 for 30 then down to 350 for the remainder.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change "Any Time Soon"; DX10 Support Unlikely
39. Re: Star Citizen 8GB Requirement Won't Change Nov 14, 2014, 19:25 Cabezone

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 18:13:
80 Bajillion dollars can't make a dx10 version I guess. Even though 25% of the market is still DX10.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/videocard/

Game isn't out till 2016 for the single player campaign and late 2016/2017 for the persistent muli. That number will be much smaller then.

Also, they're not targeting the bottom 25%.

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2014, 22:36 Cabezone

HBO owns the rights to literally all of the movies that Netflix does not have. If they put these all up on the service it's a serious competitor to Netflix.  
"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Alien: Isolation Oct 6, 2014, 19:23 Cabezone

This is why you don't see it walking around much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6MZLNN-Zg0

"Pants! Pants! Pants!"

1054 Comments. 53 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo