Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for lonetree

Real Name lonetree   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 3, 2004, 18:34
Total Comments 5 (Suspect)
User ID 20075

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Half-Life 2 in Summer at Soonest
123. Re: ONCE AND FOR ALL... Feb 3, 2004, 17:06 lonetree

Moog, " " these things are called quotes. You put them around sentences when you want to "quote" someone as saying something. Not my words man.

I generally adhere to small words, pictures, hand signals and grunting to get my point across. Big words are way too cumbersome.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

114. Re: Sepharo Feb 3, 2004, 16:45 lonetree

They sure as hell f'n do if they advertise and use their game on the box of a 500 dollar video card and then you have to wait a year to get the game.

107. Re: ONCE AND FOR ALL... Feb 3, 2004, 16:21 lonetree

"OKAY, so for ALL you little conspiracy theorists out there, lets review.

VALVE HAD NO REASON TO LIE. PERIOD.
They are a privately owned company, have capital and cash coming out of their ass and are ABSOLUTELY beholding to noone except themselves and their customers for creating a game that meets their standards and the standards of the gaming public."

I disagree. They had a big reason to lie. They made a significant deal w/ATI. What happens when one partner can't come thru on a deal involving alot of money, a company's time and resources?

They definitely could have lied. IMOP even though some "code" was leaked, it was a damn good excuse to not man up on not coming thru with a completed game in the timeframe when the deal was made.

76. Re: No subject Feb 3, 2004, 15:05 lonetree

"we can still scrutinize their PR practices. I have to say that, from where I stand, they went from the slickest looking game development company to the dumbest".

I couldn't agree more. And now from one blunder to the next, especially for those who shelled out a bunch of cash for new cards. Some card manufacturers are now covering up their retail boxes with a sticker to hide anything to do w/HL2, free game voucher, etc. I feel sorry for ATI, and board man. who bought into deal.

And for those who purchased new cards in anticipation. I sure would be pissed off. No game, and by the time the game is released, the cards you purchased will be alot cheaper, and the cycle of next generation cards will be out.

It's one thing missing a release date, but screwing and misleading vendors and consumers is another. Then lying about "THE MISSING CODE" as the reason you got screwed, not our poor planning and mismanagement. What a joke.

65. It's pretty transparent Feb 3, 2004, 13:47 lonetree

1. Valve gave a release date they thought they could meet.
2. Valve made a deal w/ATI that included alot of $$$$$$$$.
3. Valve could not finish HL2 or Steam in time frame of release date.
4. Bullshit source code leak story got them off the hook w/ATI and gave them the time needed to finish HL2 and Steam.

5 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo