Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 229 (Novice)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Q&As
2. Re: Game cock Feb 13, 2007, 01:15 BIGtrouble77

What a way to not answer the question. Well, I guess he's just saying that they picked a ridiculous name to convince developers that they would never think of trumping them by putting Gamecocks in big bold lettering on the packages like most publishers would.

It's a funny idea, not so sure how well it will work, tho. I'll be keeping my eye out... curious to see where this goes.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gamecock Media Group Formed
12. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2007, 13:40 BIGtrouble77

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamecock

"Gamecock is sometimes used as a nickname for people who are considered fierce fighters. During the American Revolution, General Thomas Sumter earned the nickname in his battle against the English forces in South Carolina."

With that said, who the hell could name a company gamecock?

News Comments > Gold - Rag Doll Kung Fu
8. No subject Feb 2, 2007, 22:32 BIGtrouble77

Why are they re-releasing this? They should have taken the time to port this to the Wii instead- they would have made a killing.

News Comments > NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 Patched, Series on Ice
23. Re: No subject Jan 31, 2007, 20:07 BIGtrouble77

I'm a little frustrated by sigames posting that crap. I bought the version before this one and mildly liked it. The DRM was a complete pita. Like other mentioned, it was not easy if you didn't know how to manipulate the game properly- and when I say game I mean I don't mean hockey, I mean eastside's hockey universe.

So I wanted to give this version a shot and snagged it from a torrent. The only torrent out there is the demo with a crack that doesn't work. I never even bothered to install it. Whenever I did get around to it, if I actually liked the game I would have bought it, but used a cracked version because the DRM is atrocious. Just because people download torrents don't mean they intend to pirate the games they would have otherwise bought.

News Comments > Knights of Honor Patch
1. Re: FoxConn Jan 26, 2007, 23:34 BIGtrouble77

I can't believe patches are still coming out for this game. I bought this ages ago. I had a great time playing until my empire got too large. I took all of the UK and spain/portugal. Dealing with revolts just took the fun out of everything. I was able to maintain the empire but I could not expand.

I'll proly give it another shot and see if those issues are ironed out. The best part of this game is the fact that you control your family, so you go through many leaders. Your king and sons fight in battles and get old. You also have to make sure you have kids and marry off the daughters. It's so cool when you inherit an empire that way.

Beware game is starforce infected I think. It's got something nasty that deletes daemon tools.

News Comments > Gold - Europa Universalis III
2. Re: No subject Jan 10, 2007, 14:57 BIGtrouble77

This game looks like it'll be a blast. Nothing can touch a nice pc strat game.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
7. Re: How many F'ing Patches?!? Jan 9, 2007, 20:25 BIGtrouble77

This is a little off topic, but have any of you gotten screwed in WoW subscription fees? I'm disputing some charges and Blizzard is being shockingly arrogant. They have a policy of never refunding subscription fees even if the subscription was inappropriately activated by Blizzard. All they'll offer me is $140 at the Blizzard store or to transfer the credit to another account. They've acknowleged the problem but refuse to refund my money. I'm blown away.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: No subject Dec 28, 2006, 15:24 BIGtrouble77

I've been calling gamestops today trying to get a Wii. No one has them, but almost all of them have PS3's. This is most definitely not a repeat of the last generation console wars.

If the PS3 was $299 I'd buy one, but $600 is just insane. I'll prolly just snag a Wii and mod an xbox360 when ms gets around to shrinking the die next year.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
18. Re: Dec 24, 2006, 11:39 BIGtrouble77

This is the way most PS3 auctions are ending on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PS3-60GB-game-console-New-In-Box-100-feedback_W0QQitemZ110071571965QQihZ001QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Too many people bought them to sell on ebay. They created an artificial demand. It has most definitely stabilized, in fact it looks like they are going to have an over supply after the holidays are over.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
6. Re: SP3 will do 1080i Dec 3, 2006, 14:54 BIGtrouble77

Enahs,
I've been running games at 1920x1200 on my laptop for a year now.... In linux no less. Even strategy games like CivIV look like nextgen xbox360/ps3 titles.

8 years of gaming at that res is not true, but it has definitely been possible for the past 2 years.

News Comments > Birth of America Patch
3. Re: No subject Nov 15, 2006, 23:56 BIGtrouble77

I'll also note that the graphics are very fun for a game of this type. Kinda has that living board game feel, and it looks absolutely gorgeous at 1920x1200. It's one of those games that really won't age over time.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Birth of America
8. Re: No subject Oct 5, 2006, 15:45 BIGtrouble77

This is a really good game. I have it running in linux. The ageod developers are aces, baby.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
5. Re: FoxConn Oct 4, 2006, 14:20 BIGtrouble77

I started using linux because of the pile of steaming crap vista will be. You'd be suprised how many great games run perfectly with cedega.

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
2. Re: No subject Sep 14, 2006, 15:42 BIGtrouble77

I don't think the screenshot looks so bad, but has there ever been a female Jaffa?

News Comments > Morning Q&As
4. Re: No subject Sep 13, 2006, 15:58 BIGtrouble77

I don't understand why the developers of the stargate mmo are blogging so much being that the project just started several months ago.

News Comments > Civilization Chronicles
4. No subject Sep 7, 2006, 11:42 BIGtrouble77

You beat me beamer, I was looking for civnet too, lol.

News Comments > Stargate Worlds Gets Unreal
8. Re: ... Aug 29, 2006, 14:38 BIGtrouble77

Now SCI-FI can replace that time slot with another wrestling show.
I'm so pissed scifi is abandoning their loyal fan base for the inbreds that watch pro wrestling.

A stargate mmorpg could be a great success, but I doubt most developers could do it justice.

News Comments > AMD to Buy ATI
22. Re: FoxConn Jul 24, 2006, 11:52 BIGtrouble77

I can't believe the assumptions some fo you are coming to. I really don't see this as being a big deal. AMD would be so foolish to alienate intel and nvidia users. Those individuals probably make up a huge portion of amd's customer base.

My reasoning is that AMD is desperate to get more laptop marketshare. If they have a centrino-like solution then it could be a very attractive platform. AMD is doing this for long term security. As some have eluded to, AMD simply wants to be a solutions provider. To automatically assume that they'd alienate intel and nvidia users is without merit.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Deadwood Jul 10, 2006, 11:52 BIGtrouble77

That episode of Deadwood definately ranks as one of the greatist hours of television i've ever seen. It feels like the show has been running for 10 seasons. That's because the character development has been phenominal.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Wii article dumb. Jun 23, 2006, 11:24 BIGtrouble77

So the article's author, Anca Rusu, is essentially reporting that Nintendo is using NEC DRAM. Should be a pretty boring article except for the fact that he decides to do some commentary at the end:
As you know, no technical details were given regarding the upcoming Wii. But, if we are to take into consideration the price, which was announced to be less expensive than PlayStation 3ís and Xbox 360ís, we can affirm that the consoleís capabilities will not be so striking.

That's honestly one of the stupidest comments i've ever read from a "technical editor".

This comment was edited on Jun 23, 11:25.

229 Comments. 12 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo