Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 201 (Novice)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Civilization V Patch Plans
10. Re: Civilization V Patch Plans Oct 13, 2010, 19:50 BIGtrouble77

Still haven't picked this game up because I'm worried about all of the comments regarding the AI. I started playing Galactic Civilizations II again and am still blown away by how smart the AI is and how well balanced this game is. Since Stardock hasn't released anything interesting in a while, I feel like I have to go to Paradox for any games with decent AI these days.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 28, 2009, 17:53 BIGtrouble77

Didn't this happen to someone else recently? I knock on the head not immediately apparent that it caused damage, and the victim later died or became brain-dead? I can't recall who it was though.
It was Liam Neeson's wife, Natasha Richardson. She had head trauma from a fall skiing.

This comment was edited on Jun 28, 2009, 17:54.

News Comments > Linux World of Goo
1. Re: Linux World of Goo Feb 14, 2009, 14:01 BIGtrouble77

This actually runs well on linux netbooks. Worth a try.  

News Comments > Children of the Nile: Enhanced Edition, Demo
4. Re: resonance-gaming.com Jul 9, 2008, 09:00 BIGtrouble77

wow, I had to check out the site after reading the comments. I think sesame street would be a good start.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations II: Endless Universe Announced
21. No subject Jul 8, 2008, 08:19 BIGtrouble77

I'm not sure I get why some of you are clamoring for a next gen space sim. I would personally love to see this game tweaked and updated for many more years, as long as the loyal paying customers aren't screwed. This game is entirely about AI, fancy graphics isn't going to make the game any better. If you want more of an RTS feel there are other games out there for that.

With that said, I'm a little disappointed that this update is mostly worthless for those of us that already have DA and ToA. Looks like a good opportunity to get into the game if you haven't played it before. I got into galciv1 at the very end of it's life and don't regret it one bit.

-bt

News Comments > EA's Mac Attack
5. No subject Jun 11, 2007, 22:37 BIGtrouble77

This is awesome. Whether you like macs or not, MS should not monopolize the PC gaming market.

As far as marketshare goes, I believe the linux share is much higher than anyone realizes. Most linux users run a dual boot and desperately want to use linux exclusively, but can't get over the need of a few win apps.

If games start showing up on the Mac then they can very easily be ported to linux as I'm pretty sure both would be using OpenGL. I just hope more interesting game developers take the same route cause I don't care for most EA crap.

News Comments > Mac Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars Plans
3. Re: Mac's can play games? Apr 24, 2007, 01:23 BIGtrouble77

verybad,
That's an absolutely retarted post. (Not many) people play games on Macs because MS monopalized the industry by imposing DirectX on us.

If the game industry standardized on Open standards you would see cutting edge games on macs and in Linux. I don't like the fact that macs hardware is closed (why I don't own one), but it serves a purpose that has worked well for them.

News Comments > Valve on Games for Windows
21. Re: Doug isn't funny Mar 12, 2007, 23:20 BIGtrouble77

Valve should start supporting OpenGL. There's nothing it can't do that DirectX 10 does. Plus it's a friggin open standard. Porting opengl games to linux and macos is not difficult. It's nice that valve is bringing these issues up because it's pathetic what ms is doing. It's just that actions speak louder than words.

For those that are supporting MS' vista initiative, what are you guys thinking? This OS oozes of rights management and proprietary standards. Now you're feeling the result of adopting crappy proprietary standards- it's creating unnesessary driver incompatibilities and is dictating the direction of PC gaming to suit MS' needs. MS wants to control all of your media, including games. We need to support gaming on other platforms.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
4. No subject Feb 25, 2007, 14:06 BIGtrouble77

It's also pretty easy to get a copy of the (original) xbox sdk. It's not exactly legal, but there is a HUGE homebrew community for the xbox. Xport (http://xport.xbox-scene.com/) is probably the most impressive.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
5. Re: No subject Feb 21, 2007, 13:46 BIGtrouble77

This has been talked about here a bit... Gamecock is sort of a joke name. They are a new kind of publisher that wants to not draw attention to themselves in the way publishers like EA do. They want the comsumers to see the developers name, and gamecock is so ridiculous no one would ever put that in bold lettering on the box. Kind of a symbolic name.

With that said, they are drawing a lot of attention to themselves, but in a good way I think. Now we just have to wait and see if they release any good games.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
13. Re: No subject Feb 18, 2007, 23:12 BIGtrouble77

I just got a DS and I haven't had so much fun playing a console in as long as I can remember. I only like playing strat games and some mmorpg's so the pc is enough for me. Although, I would like to play oblivion with perfect framerates on the 360. The ps3 is a train wreck. I don't know anyone that has one or wants one.

News Comments > X-COM to Return?
7. Re: No subject Feb 17, 2007, 20:22 BIGtrouble77

The only good x-com games were the first two, the rest blew. To be honest, I didn't care much for the second's subject matter, but it still had the killer gameplay.

Why the hell are these game companies trying to reinvent the wheel with x-com (and clones) rather than using the original model and extending it?

News Comments > Evening Q&As
2. Re: Game cock Feb 13, 2007, 01:15 BIGtrouble77

What a way to not answer the question. Well, I guess he's just saying that they picked a ridiculous name to convince developers that they would never think of trumping them by putting Gamecocks in big bold lettering on the packages like most publishers would.

It's a funny idea, not so sure how well it will work, tho. I'll be keeping my eye out... curious to see where this goes.

News Comments > Gamecock Media Group Formed
12. Re: No subject Feb 12, 2007, 13:40 BIGtrouble77

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamecock

"Gamecock is sometimes used as a nickname for people who are considered fierce fighters. During the American Revolution, General Thomas Sumter earned the nickname in his battle against the English forces in South Carolina."

With that said, who the hell could name a company gamecock?

News Comments > Gold - Rag Doll Kung Fu
8. No subject Feb 2, 2007, 22:32 BIGtrouble77

Why are they re-releasing this? They should have taken the time to port this to the Wii instead- they would have made a killing.

News Comments > NHL Eastside Hockey Manager 2007 Patched, Series on Ice
23. Re: No subject Jan 31, 2007, 20:07 BIGtrouble77

I'm a little frustrated by sigames posting that crap. I bought the version before this one and mildly liked it. The DRM was a complete pita. Like other mentioned, it was not easy if you didn't know how to manipulate the game properly- and when I say game I mean I don't mean hockey, I mean eastside's hockey universe.

So I wanted to give this version a shot and snagged it from a torrent. The only torrent out there is the demo with a crack that doesn't work. I never even bothered to install it. Whenever I did get around to it, if I actually liked the game I would have bought it, but used a cracked version because the DRM is atrocious. Just because people download torrents don't mean they intend to pirate the games they would have otherwise bought.

News Comments > Knights of Honor Patch
1. Re: FoxConn Jan 26, 2007, 23:34 BIGtrouble77

I can't believe patches are still coming out for this game. I bought this ages ago. I had a great time playing until my empire got too large. I took all of the UK and spain/portugal. Dealing with revolts just took the fun out of everything. I was able to maintain the empire but I could not expand.

I'll proly give it another shot and see if those issues are ironed out. The best part of this game is the fact that you control your family, so you go through many leaders. Your king and sons fight in battles and get old. You also have to make sure you have kids and marry off the daughters. It's so cool when you inherit an empire that way.

Beware game is starforce infected I think. It's got something nasty that deletes daemon tools.

News Comments > Gold - Europa Universalis III
2. Re: No subject Jan 10, 2007, 14:57 BIGtrouble77

This game looks like it'll be a blast. Nothing can touch a nice pc strat game.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch
7. Re: How many F'ing Patches?!? Jan 9, 2007, 20:25 BIGtrouble77

This is a little off topic, but have any of you gotten screwed in WoW subscription fees? I'm disputing some charges and Blizzard is being shockingly arrogant. They have a policy of never refunding subscription fees even if the subscription was inappropriately activated by Blizzard. All they'll offer me is $140 at the Blizzard store or to transfer the credit to another account. They've acknowleged the problem but refuse to refund my money. I'm blown away.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: No subject Dec 28, 2006, 15:24 BIGtrouble77

I've been calling gamestops today trying to get a Wii. No one has them, but almost all of them have PS3's. This is most definitely not a repeat of the last generation console wars.

If the PS3 was $299 I'd buy one, but $600 is just insane. I'll prolly just snag a Wii and mod an xbox360 when ms gets around to shrinking the die next year.

201 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo