Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 242 (Novice)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 10, 2014, 10:50 BIGtrouble77

Every significant raise I've ever gotten (as a software developer) was a result of threatening to leave. It's not a malicious thing, it's just reality. I get a max automatic 3% yearly raise. I've gotten up to a 50% raise just by requesting to switch departments. I seriously doubt the MS operates differently.

I have noticed that women where I work are less likely to be bold in this regard. I don't think they are discriminated against, the men just seem to know how to play this game better for some reason.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday
18. Re: Star Citizen at $56M; CitizenCon Friday Oct 8, 2014, 10:27 BIGtrouble77

Since the elite beta 2 has come out, I'm quite convinced that I chose the correct horse in this space (pun intended). Elite's star mapping system, open sandbox and commodities market are turning out to be really killer features. This game has true vision and it's reflected in the product I'm playing.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
7. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 6, 2014, 18:29 BIGtrouble77

dj LiTh wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 16:33:
If i was makin that kind of money and could afford multiple pairs, i'd be sporting nothing but these audeze cans
Amen.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2014, 18:24 BIGtrouble77

I was ready to buy Life is Feudal the other day, but Mac's review confirmed my biggest fear. I don't want to grind on something that's currently incomplete and unsatisfying. I'll wait till this is complete and will most definitely be picking it up, but this just doesn't look like a good title to pick up on early access.  

News Comments > Front Page Sports Football Released
1. Re: Front Page Sports Football Released Oct 2, 2014, 19:38 BIGtrouble77

This is one of those things I'd buy site unseen, but then I glanced at the steam reviews...

You;d think the people that made this game would at least understand what the expectations are with this IP. The fact that it appears that they didn't come close to meeting them means I will most likely never buy this game. You seriously can't change player names and 4 yard penalties?

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
5. Re: Evening Mobilization Sep 30, 2014, 17:54 BIGtrouble77

Loopy wrote on Sep 30, 2014, 17:45:
They think the iPhone 6 makes you look funny? Wait until I start walking around holding my tablet up to my head!
Or wait until those google glassholes put computers on their face, haha, I'm so fucking clever.

People buying a product they find useful does not mean they are sheep or less informed than you douches. So sick of the negativity and holier than thou attitude you all have here.

News Comments > Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY Released
1. Re: Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY Released Sep 27, 2014, 17:57 BIGtrouble77

I'd love to pick this up, but I would need to clear my calendar to justify the price and learn this beast.  

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Launches
2. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Launches Sep 26, 2014, 21:22 BIGtrouble77

Cutter wrote on Sep 26, 2014, 21:16:
Looks pretty good. Anyone playing it?

I picket it up for $9 a month ago, but have not had much time with it. Space Game Junkie loves it tho:
http://www.spacegamejunkie.com/previews/starpoint-gemini-2/

He did an interview with one of the devs which convinced me to pick it up, they still have big future plans.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 25, 2014, 10:21 BIGtrouble77

I have a 6 Plus and find it really hard to see how someone could bend this thing and not realize it. I wear skinny jeans and the phone fits really nicely, I don't feel any concerning pressure.

That said I'm 6'4", so my long legs may make me an outlier.

News Comments > Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans
10. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 20, 2014, 15:18 BIGtrouble77

The game isn't bad, it just doesn't come close to reaching it's potential. These types of Rogue-likes generally have an extreme amount of depth, by comparison this game is pretty shallow.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
9. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 14, 2014, 08:24 BIGtrouble77

But what I'm suggesting is at the core of what Radio Shack was in the 80's. Selling cell phones and bluetooth headsets came later. Like others have said, they are competing in a commoditized industry that's being obsoleted. I would gladly go to that store and pay a few bucks more if they were all about DIY electronic projects. Nothing like that exists today, sadly.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Sep 13, 2014, 13:01 BIGtrouble77

I always thought Radioshack had a huge opportunity to get into the enthusiast PC components business, they would have been really well positioned after CompUSA went under.

Today they should be the goto place for picking up arduino/raspberry pie micro controllers and parts. They should be the place to build and buy quadcopters. Instead they decided to sell commoditized cell phones to redneck and ghetto clientele. How could that have gone so wrong?

News Comments > Starpoint Gemini 2 Nears; New Trailer
8. Re: Starpoint Gemini 2 Nears; New Trailer Sep 11, 2014, 20:09 BIGtrouble77

I picked up a steam code on the Humble Bundle promo for $9. Kind of feel bad for picking it up so cheap.

I just paid more for my Crusader Kings 2 DLC.

News Comments > Game Reviews
5. Re: Game Reviews Sep 7, 2014, 23:50 BIGtrouble77

I found Mac's YouTube channels by chance a few years ago; now I always look forward to his posts for a good laugh.

The only problem he has is that he's extremely misogynistic which has already gotten him some heat. He did a review of a Fire and Rescue game that just went too far.

I think his stuff is great, but kids watch his channel and Worth a Buy is getting more popular, so I think he really needs to reign in the highly offensive stuff.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 5, 2014, 22:50 BIGtrouble77

I'm not defending this practice, but the salaries in Silicon Valley are insane. I'm a lead architect at a very well know news organization in ny and effectively get paid 1/2 of what a mid-level web dev gets out there. I have a buddy that just got an entry level design job and he's getting $10k more than me. A mediocre dev I replaced transferred out there to a $250k job. Insane.

My wife vetoes any California talk so I won't be making my way out there, but man it hurts to know I could be making 2x what I am.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Sep 1, 2014, 18:00 BIGtrouble77

For now I'm content that elite is shaping up to be exactly what I want. I'm concerned that SC is going to do what shroud of the avatar has done, which is make high paying backers first class citizens and the rest of us chumps.

I'm optimistic for SC, but I already know Elite is going to be a home run.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
7. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 31, 2014, 18:28 BIGtrouble77

I don't understand the logic behind pre-ordering a digital download either.

I think civ V is the last civ game I'm likely to buy... I've gotten way more enjoyment out of victoria II/crusader Kings 2/EU 4 to the point where I haven't even considered any of the civ V DLCs. Compressing the timeline (like eu4 does) makes the game so much more immersive.

I did contracting work on civIII so that nostalgia is still there, but I just don't find the games fun anymore.

News Comments > On Sale
3. Re: On Sale Aug 29, 2014, 21:55 BIGtrouble77

Got Starpoint Gemini 2 on the Humble sale and "Rajas of India" Crusader Kings 2 DLC on amazon sale. Gonna be a nice little holiday.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 24, 2014, 16:54 BIGtrouble77

Every review of DayZ I've read says it's not that great so I'm curious why it's still so popular at $30.  

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway
30. Re: Galactic Civilizations III Beta Underway Aug 14, 2014, 17:45 BIGtrouble77

I will be buying this simply because of how great GalCiv II (still) is, but there are a lot of players today.

I'm not sure if this game can pull me from Distant Worlds any time soon. I'm also concerned that the game mechanics have not improved much. Hopefully the new scale is enough to make the game play less predictably.

242 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo