Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 212 (Novice)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: windows genuine authentication foiled Feb 12, 2006, 01:05 BIGtrouble77

Innocent, are you kidding? If not, just search ms update and javascript and you'll be good to go.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dear Diaries - Halo 2 PC
14. Re: No subject Feb 11, 2006, 21:19 BIGtrouble77

Why can'y MS just release a small footprint game os? I'd actually buy it. I will not be using Vista in any capacity because it is so freakin' anti consumer. The Sh*t ms is trying to pull with vista is amazing.

It's so disturbing that i've almost entirely switched over to linux which has been a phenominal experience.

News Comments > Dear Diary - Gal Civ II Demo Plans
3. Re: No subject Feb 9, 2006, 14:10 BIGtrouble77

I've been playing the beta for a while. I'm having alot of fun with it, but I haven't gotten very deep yet.

The fact that this game runs at any resolution is a huge plus. It looks gorgeous at 1920x1080.

Hopefully people will notice that galciv1 was getting enhancements more than a year after it's release.

Finally, I'm happy they concentrated on the single player aspect and AI. A multiplayer addon is a better idea, but I won't be buying it.

News Comments > Tesseraction versus DreamCatcher
25. Re: Are there ... any honest publishers Feb 1, 2006, 23:21 BIGtrouble77

No. We don't have to do a goddamn thing, you fucking shit mcmuffin. Uwe Boll still manages to produce film after film of the most horrible crap you'll ever see, but that doesn't mean he deserves any respect. Look, Smart has lied, flamed and sued his way through his entire life, and where i come from we don't give people like that any credit. Not even a little. That's like saying "hey, you gotta give Charles Manson some credit, that guy sure knew how to murder people!" And you know, Charles Manson has a following too... hmm...

There are many, many more people in this world that deserve your respect over Dr. Derek Smart DDS PhD MD. You won't get any fucking sympathy from me or most likely anyone else here (besides Hellbinder) if you're going to positively reinforce this douchebag. You, sir, can take your "credit" and shove it up your fucking ass.
Brilliant, thanks for putting me in my place so eloquently.

21. Re: Are there ... any honest publishers Feb 1, 2006, 22:45 BIGtrouble77

If you have a different opinion, feel free to post it as I'd like to hear it.
I don't have an opinion of this subject. I just wanted to hear dsmart's comments but you guys flame him off way too quick. You gotta give the guy a little credit, he does get his games published and he does seem to have a following.

17. Re: Are there ... any honest publishers Feb 1, 2006, 21:09 BIGtrouble77

To the parallax dude,
I've been lurking these boards for a very long time. For some reason I think you've stated you you were, in fact, in the game industry. Can you point me to some of your credentials? At least with dsmart we all know that he's successfully published a bunch of titles, asshole or not. Just wanna know how seriously I should take your posts because I think they are mostly full of shit. Please prove me wrong.

News Comments > Civilization IV Patch Plans
12. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2005, 09:28 BIGtrouble77

Thanks Plink, not sure how I could have missed that. I'll have to check it out tonight. I knew there had to be a better way to find those units rather than scanning the map.

News Comments > Civilization IV Patch Plans
9. Re: No subject Nov 17, 2005, 08:47 BIGtrouble77

The only glaring problem I've had to deal with is that it's sooo difficult to manage attacking barbarians and enemy forces late in the game.

I only play in humongous maps, so keeping track of the invading forces becomes really difficult because the invade graphic disappears so quickly. They should keep a little menu open of all the enemy forces on your land.

This comment was edited on Nov 17, 08:48.

News Comments > Darwinia Gets Steamed
3. Re: Woohoo Nov 15, 2005, 14:32 BIGtrouble77

Does this mean the linux installer is no more???

News Comments > Strange Adventures in Infinite Space Source Code
3. Re: Source Code Nov 12, 2005, 21:37 BIGtrouble77

Hopefully someone makes a linux version. I'd definately make graphics and music for a project like that if given the chance.

News Comments > New Darwinia Linux Demo
3. No subject Nov 6, 2005, 22:46 BIGtrouble77

I'm trying this one out. So far it's interesting... Not sure if I could really get into in the long term. I love the stylistic approach, tho. Hey, I gotta support publishers that take a chance on linux by at least trying the demo.

News Comments > Linux Cold War Demo
4. No subject Nov 4, 2005, 19:30 BIGtrouble77

Sadly, if you have an ati card the game is probably not going to work. I keep getting opengl out of memory errors, and so are alot of other people. I'm using a mobile radeon 9700 128mb on ubuntu breezy. At least I got to see the crappy cutscene in the beginning.

News Comments > Pirates of the Burning Sea Beta Testing
9. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2005, 21:47 BIGtrouble77

I submitted it via firefox in linux with no issue.

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Steam Plans
10. Re: Steam Sep 19, 2005, 16:09 BIGtrouble77

There's only one company that does online distribution right, and it's stardock.

Games don't have to be on the net to play, games can be downloaded at anytime without penalty, you have the choice of media, and you get to beta test new games if you want.

I just wish they'd compile their games for linux too.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 15:25 BIGtrouble77

In Bully you play a kid being bullied, not the bully.

So do you get to massacre kids in a school columbine style? Those poor trench coat mafia kids were bullied. The theme is in bad taste regardless of how good the game may be.

All I'm saying is that everything R* produces these days is so negative. They are like the "Faces of Death" of video games. They make good games, but add that extra sick element to make them blockbusters. Every kid will play this game if it's good regardless of the rating (same is true for GTA).

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 12:10 BIGtrouble77

Rockstar is just getting more tasteless by the day. I'm all for free speech and expression, but they need to show some restraint.

I'm mean, DaVinci had some restraint, he never painted graphical images of beastiality or gangbangs.

Regardless of whether these games are rated Mature or Adult, kids will play them. Older brothers will buy them, ebay, etc. These games are marketed to kids just like joe camel.

I don't want anyone saving me from myself or imposing their morals on me... But I do expect that major successful corporations, like rockstar, realize what's reasonable and what's going to far.

News Comments > EA NHL Exclusive?
17. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2005, 19:23 BIGtrouble77

I think the problem is that developers may be less apt to release a sports game now. You have to admit that there's a very large customer base that require real teams and players. EA is just using cash to gain an unfair advantage. The one who are gonna loose the most are the gamers because we WILL have fewer alternatives now.

News Comments > EA NHL Exclusive?
6. Re: Fucking ridiculous Jun 26, 2005, 14:22 BIGtrouble77

lol, yeah, now the nhl is gonna owe royalties to EA.

I'm actually pissed about this. Eastside hockey sim won't have real players in future versions now. Although, I bet EA will let them sell their soles for a distribution deal.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Quake 4 May 16, 2005, 14:55 BIGtrouble77

My god, can ID make anything other than FPS zombie shooters? ID has bored me now for over 10 years. Wolfenstien3D was amazing, and Doom was cool, but 30 friggin sequals later the franchises suck.

News Comments > Knights of Honor Invade North America
1. No subject May 11, 2005, 10:21 BIGtrouble77

Does anyone know if this version is going to have the same copy protection issues as the european release? I think the european release uninstalled daemon tools if it found it.

I've been playing this for a little while and would love to buy it so I can play with the new patches, but I'm not going to if the copy protection is gonna start uninstalling stuff.

212 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo