Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 187 (Novice)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: Deadwood re-viewings... Apr 18, 2005, 16:37 BIGtrouble77

n the UK Ian McShane has been a regular on many TV shows for a fair few years, most of which would probably destroy his newfound image if people knew, most of which he would rather keep buried from his new fans now his career has taken off in the US of A (most famously he starred as a cuddily-every-mom-fancies antiques dealer who solved village mysteries lol!) His turning point was perhaps the film Sexy Beast, where he plays a psycho mob boss, where he developed the Ray Liotta patented 'I'm gonna rip your fucking head off and piss down your neck' stare; where he really came into his own. As this was a British film however I'm not sure many people have seen it...
I looked up his discography at IMDB, but I could hardly recognize anything he's done in the past. I really hope he gets some more 'bad guy with a distorted conscience' roles in the future.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Deadwood re-viewings... Apr 18, 2005, 11:58 BIGtrouble77

I've actually had an easier time following the episodes this season. I had such a hard time season one... Now I've been doing a pretty good job predicting the plot line.

Is it me or does Ian McShane have freaking awesome lines? That speech he delivered to Jeffrey Jones was just phenominal. The guy is as talented as a Morgan Freeman. Where the hell has he been up to now?

-BT

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: PR wisdom from Derek Apr 18, 2005, 11:51 BIGtrouble77

You gotta give him credit, tho... That guy knows how to complete a game and get it on the market- as crappy as they are.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Revamp
4. Re: We talking about the same game? Apr 17, 2005, 15:27 BIGtrouble77

I was referring more to shots like this:
http://www.mmorpg.com/images/screenshots/062004/1670.jpg

I think Lord British should stick to Brittania themed games.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Revamp
1. No subject Apr 17, 2005, 12:58 BIGtrouble77

Well I hope they redid all of the artwork in the game too. That wispy fantasy look does nothing for me- the last thing I want is to feel like i'm watching Legend with Tom Cruise.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Now, now, Blue Apr 14, 2005, 13:13 BIGtrouble77

I'm all for more memory, but I'm also not paying $500+ for a video game system.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Now, now, Blue Apr 14, 2005, 10:43 BIGtrouble77

The extra memory is going to help the mod community more than xbox game developers. Remember, an xbox has a fraction of the overhead a normal pc does.

I just hope all of xport's emulators and mame emulators get ported along with scummvm, snex9x and exult.

News Comments > GalCiv 2 Beta Plans
2. Re: Actually.. Feb 9, 2005, 17:17 BIGtrouble77

should be fun playing through this and waching the game evolve. Didn't get to do it with the original galciv. I'm mostly excited about the ability to scale to any res- I can't stand games with fixed resolutions that force full screen mode.

News Comments > Source Engine Update
5. Re: Why Can't they fix the Hack Exploit? Feb 3, 2005, 12:11 BIGtrouble77

I just started playing WoW. Why is it that this game has such amazingly huge environments with no loading screens and halflife 2 has painfully long ones like every 10 minutes?

News Comments > Trip Hawkins to AIAS Hall of Fame
3. Re: Agree Feb 1, 2005, 08:55 BIGtrouble77

Trip and 3do had their chance when their stock soared to inconceivable heights in the mid 90's. Unfortunately, it's apparent that they didn't have any plans for software titles that defined the system. Plus, back then people were not interested in paying $500 for a videogame system, especially one that hadn't proved anything yet.

To Trip's credit, I think the vision of 3do was to become what microsoft is trying to do with the multimedia media center pc. Unfortunately it was 10 years too early. Visions don't make profits, and the technology was just too immature for that system to be anything other than an interesting gaming console.

The decision to turn solely into a software publisher suprised me quite a bit. What suprised me even more was their ability to keep their doors open for so long off of the profits of Army Men and the baseball game. They were, to say the least, pathetic.

The only thing it looks like trip ever did was found 2 interesting companies, one a which other people turned into a very successful enterprise.

News Comments > Heavyweight Thunder Weighs In
3. Re: No subject Jan 28, 2005, 14:00 BIGtrouble77

ehh, took a look at the screen shots and it liike like they're going to EA route... All bling and little substance. I'll have to wait and see.

News Comments > Heavyweight Thunder Weighs In
1. No subject Jan 28, 2005, 09:12 BIGtrouble77

Finally, a new PC Boxing game. I think the last notable ones to come out were 4d boxing and TV Sports Boxing. I just hope this doesn't turn out as crappy as that EA boxing game.

That was as unfinished a piece of crap as i've ever seen and it got great reviews. Just shows you how much people want a decent boxing game.

News Comments > Baseball Home-Run for Take-Two
11. Re: Actually.... Jan 24, 2005, 16:55 BIGtrouble77

my bad, you're right. I forgot that I used a patched player file when I had FOF way back when.

News Comments > Baseball Home-Run for Take-Two
7. Re: Actually.... Jan 24, 2005, 16:29 BIGtrouble77

What does this mean for all of those little companies that make football and baseball simulations? Are games like Front Office Football and Out of the Park Baseball doomed as a result of these deals?

-BT

News Comments > Age of Pirates Revealed
10. Re: what i learned today Dec 20, 2004, 15:08 BIGtrouble77

Now that I think about it, I think Age of Empires was first.

Age of Sail, 1996.

Age of Empires, 1997.

That's what mobygames says, anyway.

Sweet, I was right. Well, at least my first stab at it was.

This comment was edited on Dec 20, 15:09.

7. Re: what i learned today Dec 20, 2004, 12:50 BIGtrouble77

Newest bandwagon scince WW2 and Vietnam.

Age of (insert any thing you can think of that will sell your game faster)

In all fairness to Akella, I think they started the phenominon with Age of Sail.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think Age of Empires was first.
This comment was edited on Dec 20, 12:51.

5. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2004, 10:35 BIGtrouble77

Pirates of the burning sea, actually (http://www.burningsea.com/).

It looks preyy impressive, visually at least. Nvidia featured some of burning sea on their site at one point.

Interestingly, Akella modeled most of the ships for burning sea, so I wonder if any of those ships will show up in Age of Pirates.

News Comments > Take-Two's NFL Response
12. Re: Lawsuit -- YES Dec 15, 2004, 21:02 BIGtrouble77

I agree completely with Creston. With that said, I'm never buying another EA game. Unfortunately for EA I'm good at sticking to my guns.

I think it's up to consumers to let EA know how they feel now and stop buying their games. It's easy enough to mosey on over to suprnova.

News Comments > Tortuga - Pirate's Revenge Announced
2. Re: No subject Dec 7, 2004, 18:03 BIGtrouble77

In ascaron's defence, they've pretty much been specializing in Pirate themes games for several years now. Started with the Patrician trilogy then Port Royale 1, Tortuga (Pirate Hunter), Port Royale 2, and now Tortuga 2.

I'm not sure what to think about this one, as it seems like they are copying the Sid Meier format once again. The problem is all their games have a weird german flair that aren't well suited for carribean adventures.

This comment was edited on Dec 7, 18:04.

News Comments > Civilization Sold
1. Sold Civilization??? Nov 24, 2004, 09:52 BIGtrouble77

And they didn't say who they sold it to? I wonder if that means Firaxis no longer has the rights to develop sequels, or that they'll just have a new distributer. I'm suprised this revelation occupied so little content in the article.

Atari must have been REALLY despirate for cash.

This comment was edited on Nov 24, 09:54.

187 Comments. 10 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo