Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 201 (Novice)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

News Comments > Linux Cold War Demo
4. No subject Nov 4, 2005, 19:30 BIGtrouble77

Sadly, if you have an ati card the game is probably not going to work. I keep getting opengl out of memory errors, and so are alot of other people. I'm using a mobile radeon 9700 128mb on ubuntu breezy. At least I got to see the crappy cutscene in the beginning.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Pirates of the Burning Sea Beta Testing
9. Re: No subject Sep 19, 2005, 21:47 BIGtrouble77

I submitted it via firefox in linux with no issue.

News Comments > Rag Doll Kung Fu Steam Plans
10. Re: Steam Sep 19, 2005, 16:09 BIGtrouble77

There's only one company that does online distribution right, and it's stardock.

Games don't have to be on the net to play, games can be downloaded at anytime without penalty, you have the choice of media, and you get to beta test new games if you want.

I just wish they'd compile their games for linux too.

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 15:25 BIGtrouble77

In Bully you play a kid being bullied, not the bully.

So do you get to massacre kids in a school columbine style? Those poor trench coat mafia kids were bullied. The theme is in bad taste regardless of how good the game may be.

All I'm saying is that everything R* produces these days is so negative. They are like the "Faces of Death" of video games. They make good games, but add that extra sick element to make them blockbusters. Every kid will play this game if it's good regardless of the rating (same is true for GTA).

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: No subject Aug 2, 2005, 12:10 BIGtrouble77

Rockstar is just getting more tasteless by the day. I'm all for free speech and expression, but they need to show some restraint.

I'm mean, DaVinci had some restraint, he never painted graphical images of beastiality or gangbangs.

Regardless of whether these games are rated Mature or Adult, kids will play them. Older brothers will buy them, ebay, etc. These games are marketed to kids just like joe camel.

I don't want anyone saving me from myself or imposing their morals on me... But I do expect that major successful corporations, like rockstar, realize what's reasonable and what's going to far.

News Comments > EA NHL Exclusive?
17. Re: No subject Jun 26, 2005, 19:23 BIGtrouble77

I think the problem is that developers may be less apt to release a sports game now. You have to admit that there's a very large customer base that require real teams and players. EA is just using cash to gain an unfair advantage. The one who are gonna loose the most are the gamers because we WILL have fewer alternatives now.

News Comments > EA NHL Exclusive?
6. Re: Fucking ridiculous Jun 26, 2005, 14:22 BIGtrouble77

lol, yeah, now the nhl is gonna owe royalties to EA.

I'm actually pissed about this. Eastside hockey sim won't have real players in future versions now. Although, I bet EA will let them sell their soles for a distribution deal.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Quake 4 May 16, 2005, 14:55 BIGtrouble77

My god, can ID make anything other than FPS zombie shooters? ID has bored me now for over 10 years. Wolfenstien3D was amazing, and Doom was cool, but 30 friggin sequals later the franchises suck.

News Comments > Knights of Honor Invade North America
1. No subject May 11, 2005, 10:21 BIGtrouble77

Does anyone know if this version is going to have the same copy protection issues as the european release? I think the european release uninstalled daemon tools if it found it.

I've been playing this for a little while and would love to buy it so I can play with the new patches, but I'm not going to if the copy protection is gonna start uninstalling stuff.

News Comments > Pirates of the Caribbean MMORPG
5. Re: Pirates of the Caribbean MMORPG Apr 26, 2005, 16:52 BIGtrouble77

The free pirate mmorpg, World of Pirates, is no longer free. I couldn't get into it. I love the fact that it was 2d, but not done terribly well.

Pirates of the Burning Sea is the other one (www.burningsea.com), but all that's turned out to be so far is a big tech demo for Nvidia. They are already over a year past their initial release date.

Graphically it's very impressive, but I think they forgot to make it a game at some point. I'm still looking foreward to it.

News Comments > Cossacks II Demos
6. Re: only 476 meg? Apr 25, 2005, 22:49 BIGtrouble77

What is starforce? Is it another horrid copy protection scheme? Or is it some kind of Add Server?

Honestly, I have bought very few games since I got my laptop as it's very inconvenient to constantly have the CD in the machine all the time. I'll only buy something if gets regular NOCD update patches, which is quite ironic.

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 22:49.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Stronghold 2
4. Re: wheres the demo? Apr 20, 2005, 12:21 BIGtrouble77

wow what a l33t website. no forums and no demo link.
after cossacks 2, i aint buying anything that hasnt got a playable demo...

You've played crossacks 2? So are you saying it's that bad??? I actually was thinking of getting it.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Deadwood re-viewings... Apr 18, 2005, 21:26 BIGtrouble77

Ah, you F*$(#@ beat me!

25. Re: Deadwood re-viewings... Apr 18, 2005, 21:25 BIGtrouble77

Pain, or damage don&#8217;t end the world, or despair, or fuckin&#8217; beatin&#8217;s. The world ends when you&#8217;er dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man, a

Yeah, you gotta fix your sig. That's a Fu#$*%& great line!

17. Re: Deadwood re-viewings... Apr 18, 2005, 16:37 BIGtrouble77

n the UK Ian McShane has been a regular on many TV shows for a fair few years, most of which would probably destroy his newfound image if people knew, most of which he would rather keep buried from his new fans now his career has taken off in the US of A (most famously he starred as a cuddily-every-mom-fancies antiques dealer who solved village mysteries lol!) His turning point was perhaps the film Sexy Beast, where he plays a psycho mob boss, where he developed the Ray Liotta patented 'I'm gonna rip your fucking head off and piss down your neck' stare; where he really came into his own. As this was a British film however I'm not sure many people have seen it...
I looked up his discography at IMDB, but I could hardly recognize anything he's done in the past. I really hope he gets some more 'bad guy with a distorted conscience' roles in the future.

8. Re: Deadwood re-viewings... Apr 18, 2005, 11:58 BIGtrouble77

I've actually had an easier time following the episodes this season. I had such a hard time season one... Now I've been doing a pretty good job predicting the plot line.

Is it me or does Ian McShane have freaking awesome lines? That speech he delivered to Jeffrey Jones was just phenominal. The guy is as talented as a Morgan Freeman. Where the hell has he been up to now?

-BT

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: PR wisdom from Derek Apr 18, 2005, 11:51 BIGtrouble77

You gotta give him credit, tho... That guy knows how to complete a game and get it on the market- as crappy as they are.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Revamp
4. Re: We talking about the same game? Apr 17, 2005, 15:27 BIGtrouble77

I was referring more to shots like this:
http://www.mmorpg.com/images/screenshots/062004/1670.jpg

I think Lord British should stick to Brittania themed games.

News Comments > Tabula Rasa Revamp
1. No subject Apr 17, 2005, 12:58 BIGtrouble77

Well I hope they redid all of the artwork in the game too. That wispy fantasy look does nothing for me- the last thing I want is to feel like i'm watching Legend with Tom Cruise.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Now, now, Blue Apr 14, 2005, 13:13 BIGtrouble77

I'm all for more memory, but I'm also not paying $500+ for a video game system.

201 Comments. 11 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo