Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 249 (Novice)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
3. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite Dangerous Dec 16, 2014, 10:01 BIGtrouble77

The only stability issues I've had during the beta/gamma have been during the gamma phase. I really hope this release goes off well because I don't want it to be overshadowed by technical issues.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe
30. Re: No Elite: Dangerous Launch Wipe Dec 9, 2014, 12:21 BIGtrouble77

I've been playing as a trader and just bought my first Hauler. It would have really sucked if I lost this ship as I've put in a decent amount of hours to get the 53,000 credits.

I pretty much only play in Solo mode, mainly do trade runs, some exploration and the occasional mission. I absolutely love this game; I'm really looking forward to the Universe opening up after getting this ship.

The game has not changed at all in the past couple months except for additional polish. The people whining are justified in being annoyed by the policy changes, but it doesn't change anything we've already been experiencing. This game is still amazing and worth every penny.

Also, this game is not like a typical MMO, you are not at a severe disadvantage if you just have a sidewinder. I've seen videos of people easily defeating vipers with stock sidewinders. The dogfighting is more about skill than gear.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 8, 2014, 10:26 BIGtrouble77

Not surprised about Sprint's horrible customer satisfaction rating. My parents and I filed multiple FCC complaints with Sprint due to their horrible policies. Sprint also has the worst phone unlocking policy of any carrier in existence. They are the only carrier where it's nearly impossible to unlock an iPhone.

I hate Sprint, I hate the time they've sucked out of my life. I hope they die a painful death.

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
21. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 7, 2014, 02:32 BIGtrouble77

So "Best Remaster" is a category worth mentioning but "Best Strategy/Simulation" isn't? Wtf is a Remaster anyway? Is that the new word for port?  

News Comments > Evening Patches
3. Re: Evening Patches Dec 5, 2014, 21:25 BIGtrouble77

I was able to pick up Xenonauts up at gog for %50 off during their sale. This game does not seem to go on sale often.  

News Comments > Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail
12. Re: Peter Molyneux Hitting The Trail Dec 2, 2014, 12:14 BIGtrouble77

"Christ, we've only got 10 days to go and we've got to make 100,000, for f**k's sake, let's just say anything"

Fraud: Fraud is a deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain (adjectival form fraudulent; to defraud is the verb).

News Comments > This War of Mine Recoups Costs in Two Days
6. Re: This War of Mine Recoups Costs in Two Days Dec 1, 2014, 19:04 BIGtrouble77

This game looks superbly executed, but the subject matter is just too depressing. I don't think I could sleep after playing this for an hour.  

News Comments > On Sale
15. Re: On Sale Nov 26, 2014, 09:42 BIGtrouble77

Are there any must haves on the Slithering/Matrix list? I already have Distant Worlds Universe (which is not on the list but on sale). I was thinking about grabbing Alea Jacta Est and Command - Modern Air / Naval Operations (but $50 is still really high).  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Nov 24, 2014, 22:29 BIGtrouble77

I'm continually reminded about how bad the consoles are this generation. After playing Arma III at full detail on my 2560x1440 display at 60fps, I don't think any console will match that for 2 more generations.  

News Comments > Total War: ATTILA in February; Special Edition Detailed
4. Re: Total War: ATTILA in February; Special Edition Detailed Nov 24, 2014, 22:18 BIGtrouble77

How open world are these games? Is it pretty much just following a campaign?  

News Comments > Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access
9. Re: Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues Early Access Nov 24, 2014, 22:13 BIGtrouble77

I've been playing this since the kickstarter. They have actually made pretty good progress, but I have some serious concerns.

First, visually it's getting better, but no where near good enough. The interface is just horrid, I don't know what they are thinking to be honest. That have a great lead art director but none of his work translates well into the game.

The game controls are terrible, it's not responsive at all for me and I have a ridiculously good SLI setup. Everything feels laggy, but it has been getting better.

The models and lighting on certain game assets is just awful. Textures are hit or miss... I think they have one great texture guy and 3 terrible ones. Really lacks consistency.

Having an overhead map with instancing in certain areas is not translating as well as I would have hoped. When you get in an instanced area the borders you cannot pass are painfully obvious. Anyone who has played Skyrim will fucking hate this.

All in all, the game is getting better but I don't enjoy it. The card based combat looks interesting, but I have not really tried it out yet, I've just been doing smaller non-combst quests. I'm hoping this turns out decent, but right now it's pretty rough- it's painful not know what they are going to settle on.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Nov 24, 2014, 12:35 BIGtrouble77

i really don't like the Malaysian Gamer article format. It prevents Safari's reader view from working and is just weird to have to reveal content with mouseovers. Don't re-invent article design, nobody wants that and it's just frustrating when done poorly.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Goes "Gamma"
32. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 18:35 BIGtrouble77

I don't remember the message verbatim, but it seemed more like an error than a timeout. I guess I need to be prepared for more errors kicking me. I don't care much about the online/offline drama, but I do hate it when stupid roadblocks prevent me from playing a game I spent $75 on.  

30. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 17:13 BIGtrouble77

I just got kicked from the server for idling in a spaceport while I was doing commodities market research. Not please that happened in solo mode.  

25. Re: Elite: Dangerous Goes Nov 23, 2014, 16:05 BIGtrouble77

Are any of you not able to disengage from super cruise in this build? It's mapped to the "J" key just like every other build, but I cannot get it to work- note that I could not jump with "J" shortcut either, I had to use the HUD option. I even mapped jump to a different key just to see if it would take. I basically can't play the game now unless I'm doing something really stupid.  

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
23. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 12:40 BIGtrouble77

They addressed my primary concern that, whenever the servers inevitably get shutdown, they will release the server code.

Not sure they'll sing the same tune in 5 years when they release Elite: Fabulous which will most definitely be based on ED code.

News Comments > Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped
223. Re: Refunds Demanded as Elite: Dangerous Offline Mode Scrapped Nov 17, 2014, 13:01 BIGtrouble77

The only thing that sucks about this decision for me is that, in 10 years, this game will cease to exist. Elite 1,2 & 3 still exist and are playable despite initially being released in 1984.

I think this decision is 100% based on content delivery. The team knows they have a compelling product if they can influence the universe by adding new events and other content.

I think if the team could have a core set of events and mixin server based content, that would work the best. Offline would just work against the core content so it's scope would be greatly reduced, but hopefully DLC's or other upgrades could include the expanded content for local offline users.

My guess is that all of this is too much work and gets away from their core goals which is quite unfortunate.

News Comments > Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released
16. Re: Cinemaware Anthology: 1986-1991 Released Nov 15, 2014, 00:17 BIGtrouble77

I played TV Sports Boxing to death. I came so close to buying this today, but I need to see how the emu is. I have the PC versions, but the amiga ones are a bit more of a pain to emulate. If this is done well then I'll definitely be picking it up.  

News Comments > APOLLO4X Early Access
2. Re: APOLLO4X Early Access Nov 10, 2014, 11:59 BIGtrouble77

I have never seen a dev so passionate about their game. I wanna see this succeed just so the kid's heart doesn't get broken.

http://www.spacegamejunkie.com/featured/sgj-podcast-78-turning-4x-ear-apollo4x/

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous on December 16
41. Re: Elite: Dangerous on December 16 Nov 7, 2014, 21:56 BIGtrouble77

I've been playing entirely in single player mode and just doing courier and trading missions while exploring the universe. I have a tendency to get lost in my head so this has been a blast for me.  

249 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo