Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Joe Smith

Real Name Joe Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BIGtrouble77
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 26, 2004, 18:42
Total Comments 308 (Amateur)
User ID 20018

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions
4. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 27, 2015, 19:20 BIGtrouble77

I think it's pretty clear at this point that they are projecting to ultimately hit around $100m. It seems like the storage requirements keep going up with the budget, so I'm not sure I can afford the storage when this thing finally launches.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
3. Re: Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods Apr 27, 2015, 18:58 BIGtrouble77

If they want the best thing for the "creators", then give them the 70% (or more) split. Anything else is nickel and diming your customers.  

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Apr 25, 2015, 17:02 BIGtrouble77

[VG]Reagle wrote on Apr 25, 2015, 14:52:
This is a bunch of lies. They are essentially using coal power but trade kW with wind utilities. So they paid some wind people off to make the claim but actually used coal power. Nothing more then playing hide the salami with the utilities. Just like 75% of household "recycling" goes to the dump. Oh crap there I go stating facts again....
Source please.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 22, 2015, 09:34 BIGtrouble77

And this is why the whole concept of smart tvs is garbage. Just buy an easily upgraded/replaced $60 device.  

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
1. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Apr 10, 2015, 12:48 BIGtrouble77

I don't get why there are so many football/soccer management games when other sports are completely neglected. Seriously, who wants to go up against Football Manager, that game is the mother of all management games. American Football only has one decent offering, that being Front Office Football and that game is monumentally flawed.

I'd like to see more American football, Golf, Tennis and Boxing management sims. Some already exist for those sports, but they are terrible.

News Comments > Verdun This Month
3. Re: Verdun This Month Apr 8, 2015, 17:51 BIGtrouble77

I've had the game for ages. It's not bad, but not as good as I was hoping. I have to give it another try now that it's finished. I found the graphics to be pretty poor, the animations weren't that great and I had a propensity to get sniped.

I don't remember there being gas attacks and the zones didn't have much variation. I'll go in openminded now that's it's complete.

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
2. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 5, 2015, 17:58 BIGtrouble77

Samsung is a disgrace. The reason their phones sell so well is because they offer incentives to the sales people to push these mediocre devices over much better alternatives. The S6 could have been a great opportunity for Samsung to differentiate their product from Apple but still offer great performance, but they chose to clone the iPhone 6 in all of the worst ways. Yeah, just buy a Nexus or get an iPhone.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
3. Re: Saturday Metaverse Mar 28, 2015, 17:12 BIGtrouble77

I didn't really have an issue either, just a few stutters.  

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Released
34. Re: Pillars of Eternity Released Mar 26, 2015, 16:47 BIGtrouble77

So has Paradox just been incredibly lucky at picking great projects to publish lately, or are these studios getting great support from Paradox and upping their game?

Either way, so nice to see them cranking out so much good stuff, now I can hardly wait for Hearts of Iron IV.

News Comments > Star Citizen Version 1.1
30. Re: Star Citizen Version 1.1 Mar 22, 2015, 23:20 BIGtrouble77

I don't understand why this just don't use Semantic Versioning like pretty much every one else does now-a-days: http://semver.org

Claiming SC is at or beyond 1.0.0 is just opening them up for massive amounts of criticism even if it's for just one of the modules. You can have each on the modules at or below 1.0.0, but for gods sake don't claim SC is at 1.1.

I played the free weekend thing and thought it looked fantastic visually, but that there was no game to speak of. There's great potential, but I don't see how they are getting to a polished product next year.

I think Frontier did things right with Elite... they took on a fraction of the scope and released something that was light on unique content, but has endless procedurally generated content. Now they just need to keep on adding new content on a regular basis to keep up with the community- the game keeps me busy, but I don't put in 6 hours a day on it.

I'm worried SC will eventually start to crumble under it's own weight as the realities of a monolithic project rears its ugly head.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2015, 13:40 BIGtrouble77

[VG]Reagle wrote on Mar 22, 2015, 13:36:
City building games are so lame. Call me when you can kill all the people and add nuclear weapons. Its right up there with the Sims.
There will be a mod for this unless there already is one.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
9. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Mar 22, 2015, 12:06 BIGtrouble77

harlock wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 17:17:
there are thousands of adware infested apps in the app store.. apple doesnt give a shit about it - id consider it malicious but i guess they dont

I guess if they are using iAds then it's all good. My wife downloads this shit (unknowingly) all the time and it negatively affects her phone's performance. If you are going to impose a review process then filter out this shit too.

8. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Mar 22, 2015, 12:02 BIGtrouble77

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 12:36:
What you're saying is the app review process is infallible but the let through these do nothing apps. Doesn't the latter fact invalidate the former opinion?

I'm not saying it's infallible, I'm just saying the review process mitigates things a bit and the sandboxing makes it nearly impossible to create a useful virus detection app.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2015, 11:37 BIGtrouble77

I'm puzzled at how we started with BF: 1942 and ended up at Hardline. Seems like a lesson in how to systematically dumb down and destroy a ground breaking franchise.  

2. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Mar 21, 2015, 10:22 BIGtrouble77

Xil wrote on Mar 21, 2015, 10:00:
because there is no such thing as a virus in iOS, how dare these apps make people think that !!

Actually, you are correct, there are no known iOS virus' unless you jailbreak. The iOS sandboxing rules and app review process pretty much guarantee that. It's been proven that most of those apps do nothing, they don't have the system privileges to do anything useful. The question is why were they even approved in the first place?

News Comments > Morning Interviews
11. Re: Morning Interviews Mar 20, 2015, 19:55 BIGtrouble77

Romero's development chops have to be kind of weak if he's only churned out what's amounted to a handful of Flash games since leaving iD. I don't understand why he wouldn't use his notoriety to create something interesting in Unity/CryEngin/Unreal.  

News Comments > Civilization III Steamworks Update Live
2. Re: Civilization III Steamworks Update Live Mar 17, 2015, 12:08 BIGtrouble77

Amazing this game is still alive. It's one of the first games I did contract work on.  

News Comments > Joe Montana Football 16 Revealed
6. Re: Joe Montana Football 16 Revealed Mar 17, 2015, 12:06 BIGtrouble77

There's no American football games on Steam so just having this in a terribly mediocre state will essentially guarantee decent sales. I'm pretty certain it will ultimately have zero depth and play more like an arcade game.  

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
16. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 11:24 BIGtrouble77

Luke wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 11:09:
Alot of convincing going on here for those WHO think they are part of something...... Clown 's

I'm not on the hype train for this game one bit. I am so happy with how Elite turned out that this game delivering is just icing on the cake.

News Comments > Star Citizen Video
13. Re: Star Citizen Video Mar 16, 2015, 11:01 BIGtrouble77

Zor wrote on Mar 16, 2015, 10:46:
curious to know how you went about installing it?

code: SXSWFREEFLY2K15

http://bit.ly/1bbPvUh

308 Comments. 16 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo