Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3599 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

News Comments > World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Launch
11. Re: In other related news... Dec 7, 2010, 14:53  Blue 

JoeNapalm wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 12:02:
My GOD! I just had a brainwave.

I'll start a buisness. Everyone I hire, I will title as Level 1 Peons/Widgeteers/Treeslayers/Code Warriors/etc.

For every set amount of time they clock, call it a full Quarter or whatever, they gain a level. When they complete a project, they get loot - an upgraded keyboard, a better pen, maybe a chair that doesn't make their legs go numb or their back hurt so much. (Or maybe I just throw some glittery crap on it, add some spikes or LEDs or something.)

Oh, and "higher level" workers get a better dress code. Noobs have to wear coveralls. Top level people get tuxedos with built-in special effects.

People who take sick days or vacation get a negative modifier on their earned "XP".

I mean, it's just a rough idea - I'll have to hammer out the details...maybe even pay them...

There's already a business that follows this model. It's called the military.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2010, 12:41  Blue 

Capella wrote on Dec 7, 2010, 12:23:
It was a somber half time show for sure with that and the tribute to Don Meredith. Back in the day I was always looking forward to Monday nights no matter who was playing.

RIP Don.

Agreed, Don was awesome. I lived for him trying to get under Howard's skin.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

9. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 6, 2010, 08:19  Blue 

WarPig wrote on Dec 5, 2010, 14:49:
It's a good thing we don't live closer to the BBQ place, or I'd be 600 pounds in no time.

From the few pictures I've seen of you I'd estimate that you'd have to gain about 475 pounds for that to happen.

Okay, maybe I exaggerated. But if we lived closer to that place I would surely be 160 pounds in more no time.

This comment was edited on Dec 6, 2010, 09:11.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2010, 10:41  Blue 

Prez wrote on Dec 4, 2010, 08:06:
Since Blue mentioned Garrett Dillahunt, who I agree is a splendid actor, I will take the opportunity to mention my second favorite canceled show (next to Firefly), Sarah Connor Chronicles, in which Dillahunt played the badass Terminator Cromartie. The writing was admittedly often suck-ish, but there was really something about that show that made me look forward to it (other than Summer Glau, though she's a good reason too... ) than any other show in a looong time.

I felt the same way about that show. It never quite shed the feel of being a little cheezy, but it had a lot going for it, especially the casting of Summer, Garret, and Shirley Manson.

My favorite Dillahunt moments are his little comic nuances in No Country for Old Men:

I think we're lookin' at more'n one fracas. Wild West over there. Execution here.

These boys is all swole up. So this was earlier: gettin' set to trade. Then, whoa, differences...

The way he delivers "whoa, differences" never fails to crack me up.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule
10. Re: Back To The Future Trailer, Schedule Dec 3, 2010, 12:46  Blue 

Darks wrote on Dec 3, 2010, 12:29:
Whether I’m familiar with them or not is beside the point, the fact is they are developing a game that is episodic content. If the game does not do well you can kiss those other episodes goodbye, they will never see the light of day. Plus as I said, this is a way for them it milk you dry on releasing the game in slices rather than giving you the full content. Valve has ruined half life over this. It’s like they have now forgotten about Half life because Left for Dead is their prime money maker.

The comments that followed your original statement are on the money, you don't seem to get that Telltale has an impeccable track record. If you insist on suspecting they will screw the pooch on this the way Valve has done so royally with the Half-Life 2 episodes, then feel free, but there is no reason to. Here is the history of Telltale's episodic games, which all received complete releases and kept to their promised schedules:

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - 5 episodes
Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space - 5 episodes
Sam & Max: Save the World - 6 episodes
Tales of Monkey Island - 5 episodes
Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures - 4 episodes
Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People - 5 episodes

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Dec 2, 2010, 16:36  Blue 

Sepharo wrote on Dec 2, 2010, 16:18:
I wonder if playing the game before the film spoils the film though.

edit: Thank you Wikipedia: "Tron: Evolution serves as a prequel to Tron: Legacy. It is designed to be an integral part of Tron story, featuring certain characters and settings from the film. The film will also reference the game's events."

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/105322/tron-evolution-announcement

Set during the era between the two TRON films, TRON: Evolution conveys the story of significant events within the TRON mythology. The game features an epic adventure across a massive digital world filled with high-mobility disc-based combat and advanced light cycles.

TRON: Evolution is one of the keys to unlocking the TRON mythology. The game’s story takes place before the “TRON: Legacy” events and provides insight into the film’s past. As an integrated entertainment experience, the film will reference elements of the game’s story. Fans will want to play the game to learn more about the TRON mythology seen in the film, but each entertainment experience will stand on its own.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Dec 2, 2010, 16:00  Blue 

Rhialto wrote on Dec 2, 2010, 12:48:
Why Supermarket Mania 2 is written in bold? I don't see this happen often here. Just curious.

Every game title gets that treatment here... if one doesn't it's an oversight.

Acleacius wrote on Dec 2, 2010, 15:46:
TRON Evolution sounds like massive spoilers, why would they do this, no way I am going to watch.

I think that's pretty much what a walkthrough is.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 1, 2010, 11:28  Blue 

Silicon Avatar wrote on Dec 1, 2010, 10:55:
For those who don't want to read the story, contrary to "How could they not?" addendum the report says that in games the difference between having no AV installed and the having the slowest AV tested was still less than 1 FPS. So yes, install and use some kind of AV software.

Of course if you're running a scan it's going to hose your game. Schedule those for when you're gone or asleep.

Which is why a better title for the article could have been: "How much to virus scanners actually slow your system?" That's all my comment was meant to reflect.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 30, 2010, 10:09  Blue 

nin wrote on Nov 30, 2010, 10:02:
So Blue, any plans to check out the Spiderman musical? I've not heard good things...

That is a tough call, as it combines something I love with something I do not (I'll trust it's obvious which is which). I haven't seen any reviews yet, but your reference doesn't help... if I heard that it was really awesome it might hold more temptation (though maybe the Broadway show types liking it too much would be a bad sign too?). On balance I think I'll probably skip it and just pretend the whole thing never happened.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2010, 16:41  Blue 

Xymph wrote on Nov 24, 2010, 14:43:
Creston wrote on Nov 24, 2010, 11:51:
Kiefer Sutherland is like 5 foot 2.
5'9", actually.

"Five-foot-nine, I didn't know they stacked shit that high!"

I have nothing against Kiefer, I just can never resist quoting Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 20, 2010, 21:05  Blue 

Hoop wrote on Nov 20, 2010, 21:01:
Just don't go immediately to the kitchen or Mrs Blue could have you up for a salt & battery.

Ouch!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2010, 13:59  Blue 

Yikes, time for a doggy door! Sure hope Hudson isn't allergic to her food.

Extremely doubtful. While her diet is mostly poultry (raw, as has been discussed here before), and that can be the source of food allergies for a lot of dogs, she only exhibits problems at one specific time of year, which is from September through November, so presumably it's an environmental effect from the leaves turning or something like that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 18, 2010, 11:15  Blue 

Based on your adventure (or more specifically Gunnar's), I trust you follow rule #1 of cat ownership, even with dogs: Never EVER walk through the house barefoot.

We have bare floors, so I tend to follow that rule anyway. And Gunnar is a terror when it comes to going in the house. Hudson, being the wonder dog she is, will hold it in under almost all circumstances, but the Gunnar-man is so uninhibited he pees or poos in the house pretty regularly... if he feels the urge he's just too laid-back to care about his house-training. Thankfully he tends to do this on a mat in the kitchen making for easy clean-ups (except for this vet incident, where four of his five "accidents" were outside the kitchen).

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > The mosque @ Ground Zero
16. No subject Nov 17, 2010, 14:28  Blue 

..? What the hell is this about? Any reasons on why my comment is removed? You didn't agree with me on this sensitive matter, Blues? I don't really get it. I honestly don't. What's your beef?

Seriously? Did you forget already what you wrote, or are you unaware of the minimal rules here?

You started off with:

Although a big "fuck you" right back at ya, elefunk.

And wrapped up with:

One last thing for elefuck

The middle of your post may have made for a delicious sandwich, but you enclosed it in some "delete me" bread. I'm really flabbergasted that you needed to ask why this was a problem.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Tease?
16. Re: Mass Effect 3 Tease? Nov 17, 2010, 12:34  Blue 

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Nov 17, 2010, 12:13:
Jesus christ what a degenerate shithole this place is becoming. All that pessimistic moaning going on here makes the sun shine a little less bright, for fucksake.

This is a game website, and you think that posts that complain about games are not appropriate, but posts complaining about posts are?

Your attempt to raise the level of the discussion is not really that impressive.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Out of the Blue - Boys vs NYG Nov 15, 2010, 13:00  Blue 

Blue may kick me off the forums for this but I am glad the cowboys won this week.

Why you I oughta...!!!!

Of course I wouldn't kick you for that... yeesh! Congrats on the win.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2010, 15:45  Blue 

I already did get to use a courtroom cliche once.

I was answering a traffic ticket and the officer didn't show up. The judge asked me if I wanted to move to have my case dismissed, and I replied "if it pleases the court." He grinned broadly at that and told me "the court is always pleased," and sent me on my way.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: 8 Sequels That Destroy Their Originals Nov 4, 2010, 12:02  Blue 

Kenn Hoekstra wrote on Nov 4, 2010, 11:45:
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is also not mentioned. Fail ++

Fine point, arguably that should have been #1 on the list.

And as I said, since A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More are both standout films, it would have made a fine replacement for The Good the Bad and The Ugly, which does not belong.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

18. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2010, 19:07  Blue 

PHJF wrote on Oct 27, 2010, 15:30:
Well-run is a hyphenate.

True that, thanks.

BTW, hyphenate is a verb.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 26, 2010, 12:45  Blue 

AnarKane wrote on Oct 26, 2010, 12:20:
Thanks to Dez Bryant, that game ended up a lot closer than it should have been.

Indeed, Dez looks like a budding superstar.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3599 Comments. 180 pages. Viewing page 40.
< Newer [ 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo