Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3645 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2011, 19:22  Blue 

Efflixi wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 18:53:
I got 12/22 and Diablo II is the only reason why.

It's a myth that the Inuit have so many more words for snow than any other language, which seems to distract from the fact that the French seem to have an amazing number of words for "pointy stick."

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Stardock on GameStop, Impulse, and Steam
27. Re: Stardock on GameStop, Impulse, and Steam Apr 7, 2011, 15:13  Blue 

dsmart wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 14:40:
This is what I said over at RPS, due to my not seeing a thread about it here.

That story was covered here the day before RPS ganked coincidentally noticed the five-day old post.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Global Agenda Going Free-to-Play
3. Re: matthew@welchkin.net Apr 7, 2011, 11:42  Blue 

Watter wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 10:43:
Global Agenda has been free-to-play since the beginning. This news is related to releasing a free client that has some minor limitations. The client has been available for $15-25 for the past nine months anyway.

Free-to-play means that you don't have to pay anything at all, which is what the free client represents. The game was previously subscription-free.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > World of Tanks Beta Stats
2. Re: World of Tanks Beta Stats Apr 7, 2011, 10:31  Blue 

InBlack wrote on Apr 7, 2011, 10:23:
Where did you find those statistisc? I cant seem to find the link. And that last quote is incorrect Blue. Only closed beta-testers that have active accounts AND have more than 1000 battles will be awarded with the premium tank.

It's directly from Wargaming.net. Guess I'll add an article and a link for veracity, but all the info they sent is in the story. Here it is verbatim:

Wargaming.net is glad to reveal the beta statistics of its upcoming free-to-play MMO-action game World of Tanks that is scheduled for the release on April 12.

Over almost a year of beta-testing World of Tanks recruited about 700,000 players in Europe and North America that took part in 5.6 million battles battering 1.7 billion shells to destroy more than 115 million tanks and artillery units. PCCU number surpassed 25,000 players.

According to the statistics PzIV, KV and M3_Grant were the most popular German, Soviet and American tanks respectively over the course of the beta.

All closed beta-testers and those with 1000 and more battles fought will be awarded with the M4A2E4 tank in acknowledgement of their contribution to the development of the game.

“Comrades, we all are on the brink of an epoch-making event – World of Tanks release”, said Victor Kislyi, CEO of Wargaming.net. “You still have a couple of days to spend with your friends and families before the War breaks out… so spend it the right way.”

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

13. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 5, 2011, 18:15  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 5, 2011, 17:57:
Although that looks tempting....I am a beer/whiskey guy myself.

High Life and Powers or Jameson please. Thanks.

Same here. Except in my case it's whisky.

So make it a Schaefer and Grants or Ardbeg for me, please. Thanks.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 4, 2011, 08:31  Blue 

Ratty wrote on Apr 3, 2011, 16:42:
Ricing hash browns? Blech. I rice mashed potatoes all the time, but hash browns? The proper way to remove excess moisture from any vegetable is to salt it a bit first, let it drain for half an hour in a colander and press out the moisture in paper towels. Potatoes will turn a bit brown but since they're fried up nobody will notice.

To be clear, you don't actually press the potatoes trough the holes. You just use the ricer to squeeze out the water. Worked like a charm.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Fable III PC Specs
9. Re: Fable III PC Specs Mar 31, 2011, 14:01  Blue 

bmn wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 12:22:
"Recommended/Required" should be "Minimum/Recommended" instead. That from the IGN page linked to.

Thanks, I updated the post to reflect IGN's edit.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 30, 2011, 16:00  Blue 

I see nothing about Akira apart from it originated in Japan that means it has to stay solely Japanese.

Which follows:

why on earth would they cast anyone other than someone white for a role based on a mythos created and believed in solely by white people?

Sounds like you're playing the race 'tard.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 24, 2011, 18:56  Blue 

Pigeon wrote on Mar 24, 2011, 17:04:
People dont seem to mind paying $8 for a 20cent bucket of popcorn, so not sure what the theaters are so afraid of.

I can't dig it up now, but there was an article I saw recently that I thought I posted a link to here that explained just how bad the popcorn sold in most theaters is. Most of it is popped in oil high in saturated fat, and thus even when un-"buttered" has incredibly high levels of calories, cholesterol, and sodium. Considering how most of it is stale and awful-tasting to start with, I think they have good reason to be concerned that sales of it would dip if people found out just how unhealthy it is.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > AMD Knocks DirectX
27. Re: AMD Knocks DirectX Mar 18, 2011, 16:14  Blue 

Eric wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 16:11:
The Xenos GPU is an ATI design.

And it is manufactured by GlobalFoundries, which was divested from ATI over two years ago now.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Trainz 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition [Updated]
2. Re: Trainz 10th Anniversary Collector's Edition Mar 18, 2011, 16:04  Blue 

Rhialto wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 15:59:
Just to be clear, there is only 10 golden tickets in the world. Not sure if it translates to 'one-in-ten chance of winning a Trainz Golden Ticket' like you wrote. This may be me rough translating to french which is my native language.

Oops, one in ten is not the same as one of ten, isn't it. Thanks for catching that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > AMD Knocks DirectX
23. Re: AMD Knocks DirectX Mar 18, 2011, 15:37  Blue 

Creston wrote on Mar 18, 2011, 11:00:
though it seems logical that this would probably be less of an issue for AMD if they manufactured CPUs or GPUs for the Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3

Errr.... am I missing something? Confused

http://interviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1458/The-Power-of-the-Xbox-360-GPU/p1/

"Fast forward to 2005, Microsoft revealed that the Xbox 360 will feature a custom ATI graphics processor that clocks in at a blistering 500 MHz, with 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically scheduled shader pipelines and 10 MB of embedded RAM."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XCGPU#XCGPU

The Xbox 360 S introduced the XCGPU, which integrated the Xenon CPU and the Xenos GPU onto the same die, and the eDRAM into the same package. The XCGPU is the first mass marketed chip that combines a desktop class CPU, a powerful GPU, memory controllers and IO. It also contains a "front side bus replacement block" that connects the CPU and GPU internally in exactly the same manner as the front side bus would have done when the CPU and GPU were separate chips, so that the XCGPU doesn't change the hardware characteristics of the Xbox 360.

XCGPU contains 372 million transistors and is manufactured by GlobalFoundries on a 45 nm process. Compared to the original chipset in the Xbox 360 the combined power requirements are reduced by 60% and the physical chip area by 50%.[8][9]

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Patch
8. Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Patch Mar 17, 2011, 14:04  Blue 

necrosis wrote on Mar 17, 2011, 13:44:
Apparently its being released today in other countries. 5 days before the US.

EDIT:
EU March 18, 2011
NA March 22, 2011

As the story states: "The game is due in North America next week and in Europe tomorrow."

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity Patch
4. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity Patch Mar 16, 2011, 14:56  Blue 

Oops, formatting error. Sorry about that.  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 16, 2011, 11:26  Blue 

InBlack wrote on Mar 16, 2011, 11:22:
How bout getting a cat Blue? Im pretty sure that would be the end of all of your squirrel problems

No doubt, but it would also end my marriage, as MrsBlue is allergic. The squirrels scatter when they see the dogs, but will attack the suet when the coast is clear.

As for a baffle, that might work, but not in the tree where I'm hanging the suet, as there would be ample opportunity to jump on it from underneath.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Dawn of War II Voiceover Trailer
3. Re: Dawn of War II Voiceover Trailer Mar 15, 2011, 13:50  Blue 

Zoom wrote on Mar 15, 2011, 10:12:
Blue, little typo in the bold title "characters in Warhammer 40000 Dawn *if* war II"

Oops, thank for making me aware if that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 14, 2011, 19:06  Blue 

nin wrote on Mar 14, 2011, 17:51:

Oh god, it's Frans link-a-tron, I wonder how long I can make the link, perhaps even longer then the URL I was trying to link to, which in itself would be ironic. You know, the link about reactors. Yeah, that one. Linkity, link-link-link.

edit: Ha! Take that!

Not ironic at all. The link-a-tron prevents long links from busting the format of the boards here, but your paragraph can wrap because it has spaces in it, which URLs do not. He didn't spend time and effort programming that just to bust your balls.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > U.K. PC Charts
2. Re: U.K. PC Charts Mar 14, 2011, 13:05  Blue 

Homonyms FTL. Thanks.  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Mar 13, 2011, 18:07  Blue 

jimnms wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 17:58:
Blue wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 17:53:
It's right there on the list.
You sure you didn't sneak that in there after my post? Rubeyes

Yeah, I'm sure. It's on Friday's list too.

This comment was edited on Mar 13, 2011, 18:16.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Mar 13, 2011, 17:53  Blue 

jimnms wrote on Mar 13, 2011, 17:50:
Haven't seen it mentioned, but Steam has Crazy Machines Everything Pack for $23.99 USD. Don't be confused by the Crazy Machines 2 Complete on sale, which is $29.99 USD, but only includes Crazy Machines 2 and its DLC.

I don't know how long the sale is on, but you might want to wait as something is wrong with the transaction. I bought the Everything Pack, but did not receive CM 1.5. Others on the forum say they bought the Everything Pack and did not get CM 1 or 1.5. My receipt is titled "Crazy Machines Complete" but has the price of the Everything Pack.

It's right there on the list.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3645 Comments. 183 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo