Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3645 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: crazy but true Jun 15, 2011, 13:37  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 13:30:
There are good fats like in proteins...

Thinking2

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2011, 10:34  Blue 

InBlack wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 10:17:
Sunflower seeds consumed on a daily basis can cause erectile dysfunction. I...SHIT...YOU....NOT.

Source? Googling this indicates this seems to have been mentioned on House. However, the vast majority of information on the 'net seems to indicate they actually help fight impotence, rather than cause it.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2011, 10:13  Blue 

nin wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 10:01:
Also, someone must have hijacked the gmail, as I didn't sent that game in.

Brain fart... fixed.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 11, 2011, 18:31  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 17:39:
Bleu! How were the steaks?

Crappy weather today. Doing them tomorrow.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

6. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 10, 2011, 13:43  Blue 

Verno wrote on Jun 10, 2011, 13:21:
kanniballl wrote on Jun 10, 2011, 13:05:
What about investing in a deli meat slicer. Those can cut regular meats into paper-thin bits, I imagine it can do the same for pepperoni.

That's probably the best idea, thanks. I'll have to see how much space they take up and how much they cost.

If you don't have other uses for a deli slicer, it's hard to imagine that you couldn't get a similar result a lot cheaper with a simple mandolin slicer.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 9, 2011, 12:24  Blue 

Verno wrote on Jun 9, 2011, 11:18:
It's to pay for the clerk who is going to take your payment, her supervisor and blah blah blah.

Actually I think it goes a bit beyond that, to the extent of being a bit sinister. From what I know, the Feds have measures in place to try to prevent local municipalities from setting up "speed traps," and can withhold federal money from places that derive too much income from speeding tickets. This is one reason there is such willingness to negotiate them down to non-moving violations for those who appear in court, and why so much of what is paid for tickets is listed as court/administrative fees rather than the actual fine. Someone who is a cop (Bats?), lawyer, or judge can surely explain this better than I can, if not outright correct it, but that it my understanding.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3
8. Re: Infinity Ward on Dedicated Servers & PC MW3 Jun 8, 2011, 17:56  Blue 

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 17:45:
they talked about it, everyone laughed, and they began to show off their business cards.

Look at that subtle off-white coloring. The tasteful thickness of it. Oh my God, it even has a watermark!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Consoles Lead Skyrim Development
52. Re: Consoles Lead Skyrim Development Jun 8, 2011, 17:39  Blue 

Krovven wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 17:14:
I was just pointing that some people here will be categorizing news like this as "console news" instead of "multi-platform news".

I understood you were speaking of the outlook of others... that was also what I was addressing with my reply.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

44. Re: Consoles Lead Skyrim Development Jun 8, 2011, 16:50  Blue 

Krovven wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 16:43:
Blue, a lot of people around here view multi-platform news as "console news". Especially when the news topic focuses in on the console iteration, like we have with this topic.

So this shouldn't be reported? Or should the headline be: "Voldemort Leads Skyrim Development"?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

39. Re: Consoles Lead Skyrim Development Jun 8, 2011, 16:23  Blue 

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Jun 8, 2011, 16:18:
Site has never been the same since console news was added and mixed in.

Console news has never been mixed in here, it is in a single separate post, starting in September 2000 (9/11, oddly enough). Has the site never been the same since then?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2011, 12:36  Blue 

Verno wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 10:57:
You use run Dead Pixel Tester on it Blue, I believe there is a free version still. I use it every time I get a new monitor as there are many times you wouldn't notice a cluster until a specific image scenario comes up and by then its often too late to return it.

Never heard of that program, but I was interested. Unfortunately, I could not find a download location that my Web of Trust plugin didn't flag as untrustworthy. I found a couple of web-based testers that just help you eyeball this, but still can find no dead pixels. I'm pretty confident this is the case, as I have a pretty sharp eye... My last LCD before the three I discussed here was a Samsung 21" dealie that had three dead pixels that I noticed on a daily basis without looking for them.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 7, 2011, 10:50  Blue 

brother19 wrote on Jun 7, 2011, 10:43:
I always buy from Newegg, but some sort of brief price guarantee would be nice. I do try to buy monitors from a brick & mortar, to avoid dead pixel return issues. I did grab a tv from the egg recently, though, and no problems.

I hadn't really considered the dead pixel issue... it's been a long time since I've had one, but that is a good point. Luckily this one is fine too, which means no dead pixels on my last three monitors, two of which have 2,304,000 pixels, and the other has 4,096,000.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 in March 2012
9. Re: Mass Effect 3 in March 2012 Jun 6, 2011, 16:52  Blue 

DangerDog wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 16:46:
maybe I'm wrong but haven't they screwed themselves design wise by doing this, all responses will need to be just a few words long.

The E3 demo showed that Shepard's in-game responses are longer and more fleshed out than the voice commands to trigger them.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Raven's Cry Revealed
3. Re: Raven's Cry Revealed Jun 6, 2011, 14:42  Blue 

Spektr wrote on Jun 6, 2011, 14:27:
Is it a cryengine game?

In spite of the title, there is no indication that this used the CryENGINE, nor is there any reason to believe that Raven Software is involved.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 4, 2011, 11:21  Blue 

taryuken wrote on Jun 4, 2011, 01:00:
Sounds like a problem with the power inverter board from the symptoms. Maybe you can look a repair kit and change out the capacitors.

I think that this may be the problem, as it first happened after a brownout. Unfortunately the fix you describe is beyond my level of technical proficiency... I am not a solderer. I do plan on looking into fixing this however. I wonder if that power inverter is in the uber-brick that lies between the monitor and the outlet, and whether that thing can be replaced?

As for the other suggestions that it may be a cable, well that is within my level, and it is assuredly not that. I have an HDMI TV connection into the monitor as well as the DVI from the PC, and the flickering persists when switching between them.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Rise of Immortals Keys
6. Re: Rise of Immortals Keys Jun 1, 2011, 22:49  Blue 

Ant wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 10:31:
Blue wrote on May 31, 2011, 18:38:
MxxCon wrote on May 31, 2011, 18:09:
Blue, do you have a quota to fill? Or is this game so unpopular nobody wants those keys?

I have no quota, just a big pile of keys, so I figure there's no harm in putting the call out to keep them from going to waste. The Age of Empires Online keys turned out to be a pretty hot item (I'm still getting requests more than a week after they ran out), but I think these are a *lot* of places to get the Rise of Immortals keys, and I guess everyone who wants one has got one already.
Do you get paid?

No. I doubt I would ever take money to post anything here, I certainly never have. But rest assured that if I did, I would clearly say so.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Age of Empires Online in August, Pricing Details Revealed
2. Re: Age of Empires Online in August, Pricing Details Revealed Jun 1, 2011, 15:07  Blue 

Creston wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 14:43:
Premium and Pro are the same price?

Creston

That's what it says on GameSpy. We didn't get that press release here (in spite of handing out 520-something keys to the AoEO beta).

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: JJ Abrams Jun 1, 2011, 15:01  Blue 

kanniballl wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 14:36:
Either Blue has to do a better job at flagging some articles as possible NSFW or my filter at work got a lot more strict. Lately articles are being blocked, I imagine because the domain is known for showing riske ads. Today's was the JJ Abrams article.

I use the NSFW tag for links that have audible bad language. Your work filter is to block things they don't want you reading, which I don't think is the same intent. There's nothing NSFW about the Abrams article, but Nerve has their own sexy personals section and other content that probably earn the site a spot on that filter.

More of a concern would be not marking something as NSFW that isn't blocked by someone's work filter which then gets them in trouble. I'd be eager to hear from anyone with a problem in that regard, which would tell me I needed to look out for such things more carefully.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 MP Rumors
4. Re: Battlefield 3 MP Rumors Jun 1, 2011, 13:58  Blue 

Phaint wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 13:56:
heh don't you mean Modern Warfare 3 Rumors blue?

Sorry about that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines in Spring
6. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines in Spring Jun 1, 2011, 13:56  Blue 

Ray Ban wrote on Jun 1, 2011, 12:43:
This should be good. Co-op should be a blast!

I thought it was kind of funny that Gearbox don't think we will have made the transition to IPv6 before this time setting (as evidenced in the video at 0:26).

Well the whole Aliens vision of the future is a little retro to start with... Mono CRTs?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3645 Comments. 183 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo