Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3712 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks
17. Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Using Steamworks Aug 29, 2011, 16:12  Blue 

reisub wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 15:58:
Verno wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 15:44:
DangerDog wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 15:41:
They still haven't come clean on if the dedicated servers will be public files or only available through specific game hosting services.

Yeah they did excerpt:

The news was revealed today at Gamescom by Jay Frechette, associate manager for Call of Duty Digital, and reaffirmed by Sledgehammer boss Glen Schofield on Twitter. Dedicated servers will be free to PC gamers and available at launch, and they won't be like those in Black Ops where they need to be rented from one specific company.

Sounds like they will just be distributing the dedicated server binary through Steam in addition to the traditional client.
Or to be super cynical, they'll let you rent servers from multiple specific companies.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/124681/more-on-mw3-dedicated-servers

"Announced at Gamescom, #MW3/PC will support dedicated servers. Host them where you want, control settings & standard matchmaking like MW1."

To me "host them where you want" seems pretty clear.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2011, 14:38  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 12:35:
I'm already begining to feel a bit fallish so I think I'm going to do my pork and pear dish tomorrow along with some roasted root veg.

MrsBlue is working from home today, and since we have so many chicken wings leftover from our failed cookout, I just made 36... half Buffalo-style and half in homemade barbecue sauce. There are hardly enough leftovers for a snack. I think I may be slipping into a chicken-induced coma.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City?
52. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City? Aug 29, 2011, 11:56  Blue 

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Aug 29, 2011, 05:27:
The box they were talking about did not, in fact have a "Games for Windows LIVE" branding on it. It was just "Games for Windows", a program Microsoft has run for a long time.

I have no idea why you would say that. The box are we are talking about does, in fact, have the "Games for Windows LIVE" branding on it.

http://www.bluesnews.com/screenshots/games/batmanarkhamcity/20110616/

Don't even know why this is newsworthy.

It would be newsworthy anyway since Arkham Asylum was a GFWL title. But that point is moot, the gigantic GFWL logo is right there for anyone to see.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
38. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 17:39  Blue 

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 17:32:
Really, Blue?

Fine.

If I'm going to enforce rules, I am going to have to be even-handed about it. I trust you understand.

Whip

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution "Special Message" Tomorrow
36. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 28, 2011, 17:29  Blue 

Icewind wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 17:09:
Christ you guys are slow. This started appearing two days ago.

nin just now realized it?

Ugh.

Slowpokes.

Actually he sent it earlier, and I posted it today, as it seemed like it was worthy of a slow Sunday.

I admit that this shtick of yours is starting to irritate me, and it seems that is your goal. If you continue, I'm just going to assume you are daring me to ban you, and you will be accommodated.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Red Orchestra 2: Herpes of Stalingrad Aug 28, 2011, 15:00  Blue 

JaguarUSF wrote on Aug 28, 2011, 14:28:
I hear Stalingrad is rough, but to contract a sexual disease while there? Double rough.

If I ever get my hands on the guy who put the P and O keys right next to each other...

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

22. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2011, 10:49  Blue 

Agent.X7 wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 22:08:
Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 22:00:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 18:37:
Ah yes....New York....the self entitled center of the world...."Look at us look at us!"

Well the rest of the planet had a real tough time deciding between which was the better city, NYC and Minnesota, but NYC ultimately edged them out by a hair.

Yes, it's hard to choose between two cities when one of them is not a city.

He was probably confused by the fact that the population of New York City is 54% larger than the population of the state of Minnesota and that the population of the Greater New York City area is 356% percent larger than Minnesota's.

He obviously meant Minneapolis, which is a genuinely lovely place. In fact, many residents like to call the Mini-Apple in fancying their culture being reminiscent of the Big Apple's.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who were concerned, we seem to have weathered the storm very successfully here.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City?
8. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham City? Aug 27, 2011, 17:04  Blue 

Rhett wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 15:59:
Online matchmaking? Where did I miss the inclusion of multiplayer?

These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Scrolls Trailer
3. Re: Uhm, what? Aug 27, 2011, 17:02  Blue 

JohnBirshire wrote on Aug 27, 2011, 16:19:
I'm confused, is this for Skyrim, or for something else?

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/124271/bethesda-sues-mojang-over-scrolls-tm

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock
16. Re: Legend of Grimrock Aug 26, 2011, 18:34  Blue 

Icewind wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 18:16:
Wow is this old. I've been following this guy on twitter for 2 weeks and heard about it on RPGwatch a MONTH ago.

If there are games or stories that you feel are newsworthy, you are welcome, nay, encouraged, to drop a line to news@bluesnews.com so they can get the coverage they deserve.

As for this "South Park did it first" thing you keep doing lately, well, to quote your post: "Wow is this old."

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

15. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2011, 17:14  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 16:00:
Oh the joys of getting older. Friend of mine just died - heart attack. And the scary thing is this was guy who actually did take care of himself really well. Sigh.

That sucks man. You have my sympathies.

banddirector wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 14:18:
Hey Blue, are you anticipating any hurricane issues where you live? Just watched Bloomberg issue dire warnings on TWC ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yOEOJ1BARk

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2011, 16:53  Blue 

zirik wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 16:44:
have you considered gunnarman might have intestinal parasites blue? diatomaceous earth can be added to animal feed to get rid of worms.

I'm pretty confident that he doesn't, as he got a clean bill of health from his annual physical just a couple of week ago that included a check for worms so he could be kenneled while we were in Atlanta.

Of course anything can happen, so I will take him to the vet if this persists. He had rice for breakfast and will again for dinner, and I haven't had any surprises on the floor since the one that greeted me this morning, so fingers crossed.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Aug 26, 2011, 16:31  Blue 

Wolfen wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 15:47:
LOL Silly. BLUE. I remember when you guys used to have that Quake show on Real Network. =P

Of course I remember that too. But that was back when it was a miracle to get streaming content over the internet. Now it's a miracle that anyone uses Real.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

11. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2011, 15:00  Blue 

banddirector wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 14:18:
Hey Blue, are you anticipating any hurricane issues where you live? Just watched Bloomberg issue dire warnings on TWC ...

Not really that worried about what I see in the forecast at the moment, it just sounds like it will rain heavily Saturday night and Sunday. My main concern is the possible thunderstorms, as these will cause Hudson the wonder dog to get panicky, which she doesn't need at her age.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2011, 11:20  Blue 

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2011, 11:09:
Cat vs. Dog Showdown.

MAN! That's a shit talkin cat! Even as the resident crazy cat guy, I felt a little sorry for the puppy. "MAMA! MAAAMA!! MMMMMAAAAAAMMMMAAAA!!!!!"

I would have felt worse for the dog if he didn't draw first. That clip was in desperate need of a Ennio Morricone soundtrack.

I just hope this doesn't embolden that cat to go after the wrong dog. In my experience the cat always wins the battle... as long as the dog doesn't decide it's to the death. A Weimaraner went after my Siamese cat (the original "not to be messed with" breed) when I was a kid, and came away howling with a face-full of claw marks, because the dog thought they were just playing and the cat didn't. But if a cat tried to attack Hudson the wonder dog, there would not even be a fight, just a dead cat, as she does not play around when it comes to other animals.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2011, 15:21  Blue 

Ant wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 15:14:
Maybe they didn't feel the quake downstair since it is more noticeable upstair. I guess you can't trust your dogs to predict quakes. Haha!

Oh no, they felt it, believe me. The whole house shook for probably 10 seconds. And this place is built like a brick shithouse. Actually, it is just that, since it's made of brick, and filled with my shit.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

19. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2011, 15:10  Blue 

Ant wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 14:36:
Blue wrote on Aug 23, 2011, 14:26:
Holy moly... earthquake! Was just a rumble here, but wow. Hope everyone in the VA area is safe.

Edit: nin-jaed.
Did your dogs freak out from that quake?

It was actually not so bad. After it hit I went downstairs to make sure the were okay by cheerfully asking them things like "wasn't that great?" and "let's do that again!" but they were fine with it without me.

Actually Gunnar-man is fine with anything, it's Hudson the wonder dog who gets freaked by odd things, and it's hard to predict what they will be. The quake didn't phase her, but she hates the beeping the smoke alarm makes when its battery is low so much, that when a smoke alarm did that on TV as part of a show we were watching the other night (maybe it was Weeds?) she ended up trembling uncontrollably for more than half-an-hour.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2011, 14:16  Blue 

nin wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 13:29:
But the monotonous final Citadel levels in HL2 were brutal.

I loved those! With the powered up gravity gun, I never got bored of disintegrating people with the little floating spheres...

Same here... that was completely awesome.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Game Reviews
6. Re: You're my boy, Blue! Aug 25, 2011, 12:19  Blue 

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 11:35:
Yup, January 2010. So in four months or so it will be two years. I stand by my sarcastic, useless comment! Also, that game sucked.

Okay, but just so you can stand corrected, the line in the subject is from Old School, not Tommy Boy.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Kanye West to Headline Call of Duty XP
37. Re: removed Aug 25, 2011, 08:58  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 23:25:
Stephen, I've known you a long time and I respect you. And it's your house, your rules, I respect that too. I have zero problem with it. However, there is such a thing as being too sensitive and taking things out of context. Anyway, I'm not going to censor myself for those things which I think are acceptable. If you disagree and do, that's your decision. I may not agree with it, but I'll respect it.

To be clear, I understand that you did not mean what you said as a slur, but intent is not really a factor in trying to keep the discourse civil here. I can't delete one post for saying the things you did and not delete yours because of "context." I was not angry at what you did, I merely deleted your post. I was, however, surprised at the comment about me "missing" the context, which you repeat above. Keeping language like that out of these forums is not an issue of context, and it sounds like you may still be "missing" that point.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3712 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo