Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3713 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > Portal 2 Free DLC Released, Midweek Sale
5. Re: Portal 2 Free DLC Released, Midweek Sale Oct 4, 2011, 14:09  Blue 

necrosis wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 14:04:
I did the unheard of... I Googled it!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=is+portal+2+dlc+free+on+360

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 3, 2011, 14:15  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 13:17:
So long as Job is still doing his thing to the Final Countdown, I'm good.

Great, now I have that song running through my head.

And it's "Gob."

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Activision Independent Games Competition
5. Re: Activision Independent Games Competition Oct 3, 2011, 14:13  Blue 

LgFriess wrote on Oct 3, 2011, 14:05:
What was last years winner?

http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=594349

The winners are being rewarded for their hard work and creativity with cash prizes to be used further develop their winning ideas. Dstroyd by Peter Angstadt won the first place cash prize of $175,000, while Rigonauts: Broadside by Engient took the second place cash prize of $75,000.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > John Carmack at Mesquite Midnight RAGE Release
83. Re: What's it take to get banned? Oct 2, 2011, 12:45  Blue 

WeAreLinked wrote on Oct 2, 2011, 03:04:
As for Cutter, he is this guy named "fredrickson" that has been here for 10 years. When Blues mom died, fredrickson said "What are you doing at the funeral instead of taking care of the website?".

Blue didn't do anything.

For a long time this forum didn't have a ban function. It was something that followed folks like Fred. He's been banned a few times since then.

But that Woody motherfucker? He gets the ban the minute he shows his face.

Yeah, actually I take racist and antisemitic posts from some sort of white supremacist more seriously than most trolling.

I'm not trying to be the thought police here, and people should be allowed to express opinions, even if they are disagreeable. I tried to delete out the personal attacks from this thread, and will remind everyone once again that personal attacks on each other are not allowed.

I suppose I need to expand this to disallow personal attacks on others too... If you want to express the idea that a developer is a sellout, it can can be done without calling them a whore (and this after I just made a joke with that term the other day, I guess I need to watch myself on that too). It may take the fun out of posting about Bobby Kotick for some of you to have to avoid making childish puns out of his name, but I'm seeing more and more discontent here about they crap that goes on due to lax moderation, so I'm going to tighten things up a bit out of respect for those of you who don't need to be policed to act like adults, and that will be the first step.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2011, 16:22  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 15:26:
Blue wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 15:03:
Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 13:16:
Blue, any idea whenever I load the site that on the front page I'm loading UGO's main page in the ad box at the top of the page? An ad I can understand but if I wanted to load their entire stupid page - which I don't - I'd be going to their site instead.

This site long ago broke ties with UGO... where are you seeing ads for them now?

It's just on the front page, main ad box below the Blue's logo, every time - and I do mean every single time - I come to the site. And its been that way for a while now. I don't see it on any of the pages when I go into the comments sections. And I don't know why seeing as I have UGO cookies blocked. So somehow they're doing an end-run around you here. And again, it is their entire front page loading in the little box, and when I check the properties witha context click it does show up as www.ugo.com. If you could find a solution I'd be grateful. That sort of weasely shit really gets on my tits.

It sounds like there's something wrong on your end. Maybe you could send me a screenshot? If I were you I'd try clearing my cache, as well, though for you to be getting stuff from UGO though a caching error it would have to be from around two years ago. I'm definitely puzzled.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 30, 2011, 15:03  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 30, 2011, 13:16:
Blue, any idea whenever I load the site that on the front page I'm loading UGO's main page in the ad box at the top of the page? An ad I can understand but if I wanted to load their entire stupid page - which I don't - I'd be going to their site instead.

This site long ago broke ties with UGO... where are you seeing ads for them now?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

74. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2011, 09:03  Blue 

Kosumo wrote on Sep 29, 2011, 03:41:
Also you could get a cat and post about that.

Being a cat person and not a dog person means that, although I like the Gunner man and Hundson the wonder dog, I would like more stroies of cats (in the Bluestower!)

After all the internet is made of cats. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi8VTeDHjcM

Haha, I love cats, and MrsBlue does too for that matter, but she is deathly allergic, and I mean that literally, she was hospitalized before we met after stopping breathing during an asthma attack as she tried to brave through these allergies to own a pair of cats. I'm sure the dogs would love it if we had cats too, but it's not in the cards.

I want to thank everybody for all the feedback in this thread, I will consider your suggestions. It's also helpful to know that the bulleted lists about which I wrote are actually appreciated by a lot of readers, as one of my concerns is that there are so many links in them that they were getting ignored.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Syndicate Reboot in February 2012
6. Re: Syndicate Reboot in February 2012 Sep 28, 2011, 11:17  Blue 

WyldKat wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 11:12:
From announcement to release in under 6 months, clearly the mark of a quality title.

I have no idea what level of quality this game will represent, but it does bear noting that some games are announced before production even begins, while some others are only announced as they near completion.

In this case, the first reports about "Project Redlime," a Starbreeze-developed EA remake, appeared in February 2008:

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/85358/project-redlime-revealed

And the first indications that this was Syndicate-related came in October of that year:

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/92353/syndicate-to-return

So it seems the game has been in development for well over three years.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2011, 11:04  Blue 

ZeroCougar wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 10:59:
As long as it doesn't turn into Kotaku's style of news, or the wtf is this disaster? Shacknews. Websites I'll be fine. (those are my opinions of them)

I'm very curious as to what elements of their approaches you find problematic.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2011, 11:02  Blue 

Beamer wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 10:50:
I prefer the bullets for "less important" news. Some of it is worth discussion, some of it is just worth noting a headline.

I don't know if you meant to imply the hardware reviews as well, but those need to stay bulleted. I don't know if anyone actually reads those regularly, or even glances at that. However, when I'm looking to buy new hardware, I will always search it here and read the reviews you've linked to. In other words, I find the hardware reviews totally useless, until I have a major use for them, haha.

To be specific, the sections I picture dispensing with with are: Metaverse, Legal Briefs, Safety Dance, and possibly even Tech Bits. I'd be less certain about the fate of the more game-related Consolidation and Mobilization sections. Sections which are bulleted but which would definitely stay are Screenshots, Previews, Game and Hardware reviews, On Sale, and etc.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold
24. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold Sep 27, 2011, 17:54  Blue 

Beamer wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:43:
Hump wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 17:40:
How much you wanna bet that this is the result of a decision by the scumbags the public calls "attorneys"?

I'd bet good money.
Attorneys do what they're told. The attorney created the original license that these guys signed. Someone else made the decision to enforce whatever clause is being used to terminate. Since this was licensed, and assuming it was going to be sold and not released for free, it would have been free money for Gearbox. Someone else decided this wasn't worthwhile, not an attorney.

As the story clearly stated even before the update, the development team put the project on hold, Gearbox did not order them to stop.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold
8. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: Reloaded on Hold Sep 27, 2011, 13:56  Blue 

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 13:45:
I assume this was going to be released for free? Even so, it doesn't look as good or faithful as Black Mesa: Source.

You'd have to give them six more years of development time for that to be a fair comparison.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 27, 2011, 10:37  Blue 

sir wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 10:21:
Happy birthday to Blair Thing, here's hoping he is around to assimilate many more.

That's an even better example, so I changed my post to use that instead.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 25, 2011, 15:13  Blue 

Quboid wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 15:05:
Absolutely, I don't understand this at all. I've had a couple of very spicy dishes in the past. They burned. Why would I want that?

I have a friend with the same take on spiciness. Her line is: "It's not a flavor, it's a sensation, and that sensation is pain."

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

29. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 24, 2011, 00:39  Blue 

Sepharo wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 23:05:
Buncha old farts up in here.

Happy birthday Creston.

I know, right?

Happy birthday Creston.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter
12. Re: Mod Removes Deus Ex: Human Revolution Gold Filter Sep 23, 2011, 12:55  Blue 

nin wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 12:26:
Yeah, I wasn't sure anyone else would get that one. Blue might...

Nope, I'm far to young to recognize Soft Cell lyrics.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

16. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 15:12  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 14:45:
Were you one of the Lords of Flatbush?

Haha, no, more like one of the peasants of Flatbush. I can still remember the doo-wop radio jingle from that movie (sadly, jingles are one of the things that stick best in my brain).

The Lords of Flatbush is a moo-oo-oo-vie
About how life was in the fi-i-ifties
I don't like to boast, but you will dig it the most!
The Lords of Flatbush, Flatbush, Flatbush
Rated PG.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2011, 14:20  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 13:13:
Saw a great film with Stephen Lang last night titled White Irish Drinkers. Man, it was like growing up all over again. Definitely worth the watch. And Blue, it takes place in Brooklyn in the late 70's you should see if you recognize any of your old stomping grounds.

I just checked out the trailer, and it looks like an interesting flick. Not quite my "stomping grounds," however, as it looks like it's set in and around Bay Ridge, and I grew up in the Flatbush/Flatlands area (Brooklyn is a big place). Of course I have spent some time there (thankfully now with the subjects of that movie), and lots of my family is buried in Green-Wood Cemetery, which is shown several times.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Quoteworthy
23. Re: Quoteworthy Sep 21, 2011, 19:22  Blue 

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 19:11:
I'm pretty sure I remember John saying he no longer has the Ferraris.

He's a family man now: BMW X5 and a Tesla, if memory serves.

Ferraris are family cars: Wife in the passenger seat and room for the kids in the trunk.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > NCIS Game Next Month
9. Re: NCIS Game Next Month Sep 21, 2011, 17:14  Blue 

^Drag0n^ wrote on Sep 21, 2011, 16:24:
CSI:Terra Nova --- A show so big, it took two networks to bankroll it.

Speaking of Terra Nova, am I the only one puzzled by the logic of that show's premise? Humans have made the earth unlivable, so the solution is to send humans back to prehistoric times, presumably so they can make the planet uninhabitable even sooner?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3713 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo