Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3712 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2013, 10:19  Blue 

nin wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:01:
<Blue's BSOD>

What's the STOP code?

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 109
BCP1: A3A039D8A2438B79
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: BB9253600CC478A8
BCP4: 0000000000000101
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 8, 2013, 08:19  Blue 

walrus1 wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 19:52:
Speaking of videos anyone else getting annoying rollover video ads? I don't want to use an ad blocker.... but video ads ain't cool.

That shouldn't be happening. Do you have any details than can help identify the ad?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 8, 2013, 08:15  Blue 

Harlequin wrote on Sep 7, 2013, 13:59:
I have to assume the video (now taken down which supports my assumption) is a ass clown trolling cosplayers simply because his little brain does not understand, accept or/and find interest in another hobby so must mock it in a desperate attempt to feel good about himself.

Are you really criticizing the video you didn't see over your assumption of what it was? Really?

For the record, it was an interviewer who kept bonking the cosplayers with the microphone when he asked questions. They all had fun with it, and it concluded with a cute female Captain America defending herself with her shield.

If this is true it is in poor taste on your part Blue.

You forgot to include the other conditional if it isn't true. Since it's not, do I win something?

First time I can recall being knocked for what someone imagined I may have posted.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2013, 11:25  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 11:12:
So you write the dates on your checks in both the Hebrew timeline and the Chinese zodiac?

Wiseguy

And Stardates.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 31, 2013, 07:39  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 30, 2013, 19:36:
Anyway...did I answer your question?

If I follow properly (no pun intended), I think you pretty much did. You basically confirmed that an officer's word isn't an airtight case, but there are many circumstances where they will have enough credibility to win a case based upon it, but you'd still prefer to have some evidence as a backup.

The point about some judges hating cops is interesting. As a regular citizen I tend to operate under the general assumption that everyone in the legal system works pretty much hand-in-glove.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2013, 15:36  Blue 

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 15:13:
nin wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 09:37:

Not sure I'm wild about that...

Neither am I. Seems to be an easy way to simply circumvent the ability to examine the officers testimony.

How I infer this works is that the officer's deposition would suffice if plead guilty, which is what I did, albeit of parking on a sidewalk, and would have been the case if I had checked the "guilty" box and sent back my ticket. If I had refused the plea deal and demanded a trial, they would have scheduled me on the court's actual trial calendar and brought in the officer to testify.

That's basically what happened with one woman before me. The prosecutor asked the judge for a trial date, and when the judge asked if the defendant had been offered a deal, the prosecutor said the deal was refused. He went to pains to explain to her (I think concerned there was a language barrier involved) that she was refusing the chance to get off with a fine and no points, and she was insistent that she was not following too close as the trooper stated. He told her the alternative to the parking plea was bringing the trooper in for her trial, where a guilty verdict would get her those points.

She very happy to accept this, and I can't figure out if she was crazy not to take the sure thing, or brilliant because if the burden of proof is on the prosecution, so maybe the trooper's word versus hers wouldn't be enough to prove guilt with no other evidence? Seems like most simple citations are just the officer's judgment.

Thing work different from state to state, but I'd be interested in Bats' take on that last part.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 29, 2013, 09:46  Blue 

nin wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 09:37:
Pretty good when you have the prosecutor on your side.

but they have new computerized tickets they print out in the car now with the officer's deposition, which seems to be acceptable to the court (I certainly wasn't going to get a lawyer to challenge it).

Not sure I'm wild about that...

As someone who skated on a ticket once because the officer didn't show, I tend to agree. The judge asked me if I wanted to move to dismiss the case, and I replied, "if it please the court" (always wanted to say that). He responded: "The court is always pleased. Case dismissed." That was awesome.

However, this new system may actually work in the driver's favor. There was a new rule recently implemented for NY State Troopers (who are probably responsible for a vast majority of the speeding tickets issued in the state) saying they were no longer allowed to plea down speeding offenses. Now they supply a deposition and the prosecutor can plea bargain with you. Not sure they actually tie in together (INAL), but I get the sense that they might.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak
79. Re: GTA5 Gold; Rockstar Addresses Leak Aug 29, 2013, 09:03  Blue 

nin wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 08:59:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 02:08:
Hay guys, feel free to join so we can all get together....

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/bluesnews

Signed in.

Me too... probably obvious from the handle.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Video
8. Re: Wasteland 2 Video Aug 29, 2013, 07:47  Blue 

saluk wrote on Aug 29, 2013, 03:52:
Yeah blue, the dev diaries are not marketing materials. They were incentives for people to buy in at 30$.

To me, a diary intended to as an incentive to purchase by definition is a marketing material. Saying 'buy our game and we'll show you how development is progressing' seems backwards. But if I knew anything about marketing, this site would be Kotaku, so I guess I'm not the one to ask.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Borderlands 2 GOTY Announced; Game May Set 2K Sales Record
2. Re: Borderlands 2 GOTY Announced; Game May Set 2K Sales Record Aug 28, 2013, 17:45  Blue 

Creston wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 17:32:
If they sell it for 40 bucks or less, it's a ridiculous steal. Obviously you need to enjoy the core mechanics of BL(2), but the amount of content you'll get is just staggering. It'll keep you happily entertained for 100+ hours easy.

Your comment made the price seem pertinent, so I added it (didn't want it to look like you missed that).

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 28, 2013, 12:44  Blue 

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 28, 2013, 11:33:
My mom never feared death, knowing that my dad would be waiting for her and after many close calls I pray they were re-united last night. The only thing I could say was 'Give him a hug for me'.

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope there is someone there to give you a hug for me.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

17. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 19:48  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 19:28:
Blue wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 17:39:
Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 14:30:
Awww, on the Microbus. Still one of my fave vehicles of all time. Always wanted one. And what's with the deathmobile association, Blue? Animal House's Deathmobile was a 1966 Lincoln Continental.

I had a recollection that they were phased out in the US so long ago due to being unable to meet the modest safety standards of the time, though now that you ask, I can't find any links that are particularly supportive of this memory.

I believe you're thinking of the Ford Pinto, which used to explode at the drop of a hat.

No, I was thinking of the VW microbus. I just can't find anything that supports my recollection.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2013, 17:39  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 14:30:
Awww, on the Microbus. Still one of my fave vehicles of all time. Always wanted one. And what's with the deathmobile association, Blue? Animal House's Deathmobile was a 1966 Lincoln Continental.

I had a recollection that they were phased out in the US so long ago due to being unable to meet the modest safety standards of the time, though now that you ask, I can't find any links that are particularly supportive of this memory.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
17. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 26, 2013, 17:27  Blue 

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 17:23:
Verno wrote on Aug 26, 2013, 15:51:
Stop trying to derail threads with your agenda. They're banning anonymous comments, not "people who don't think left".

What agenda?

That's been explained to you repeatedly.

JFC how obtuse can one be?

Dunno, you are pretending to be quite so. You've already had your "last" warning about this. Stop it.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 23, 2013, 09:38  Blue 

nin wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 09:33:
In Affleck, I see neither. Then again, I was one of the folks shaking my head when Michael Keaton was cast, and he turned out excellent.

I have a better track record in this regard, as I was very enthusiastic about Keaton, not because he looked like either Bruce Wayne or his alter-ego, but because of how well he played characters who were slightly unhinged. Affleck's fallback style seems to be to play characters that lack depth.

I think he'd actually be far better suited to play Superman (which he sort of did in that George Reeves biopic).

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
12. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 18:45  Blue 

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 14:29:
Blue the comment was about the news story link about Patton Oswald and how big a liberal troll he is, which he seems to self admittedly be to begin with thinking he's some great comedian or something. The guy isn't funny, and half the shit that comes out of his mouth people would cry holy hell if a known republican personality made them.

I'm not sure what the 911 call you're talking about is to be honest.

Edit: you were referring to a different news post. That you removed comments in anyway, not just mine, which is funny considering it's always the conservative view point that seems to get deleted around here.

Indeed, the comment I referred to was the last one of yours that was deleted. And there were posts from both sides of the aisle deleted from that thread. Your post here sits as it was made... no need to explain it.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

6. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 14:14  Blue 

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 13:49:
Seriously, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion different than others, but if all one gets is toxic, why should they be nice in return?

You are encouraged to express your opinions here, that is the point. The point that I and others, including Verno's post here, have made is that you are pushing an agenda. If you think the point is "Not be a democrat? OMG You're SO HATEFUL AND RACIST!" you are missing it entirely. People have made 911 calls over nonsense for decades. You taking a story about that to express the opinion that this is entitlement based on the current administration is just the latest in countless examples of you derailing a thread.

If you get banned from here, it will not be due to your political leanings, it will be for using them to troll for controversy where none exists.

Since you've now tasked me with laying this out for you in explicit detail AGAIN, you can consider this your final warning on the topic. I hope that suffices to put an end to this.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Evening Metaverse Aug 21, 2013, 11:53  Blue 

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 11:03:
Patton Oswalt, another run of the mill accept my views or you're a racist type of democrat/liberal. Do they ever get tired of playing the race/discrimination card ever?

It would seem some of you never tire of that. But I am tiring of it. Consider that a general warning.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Boy Scouts Aug 21, 2013, 09:48  Blue 

Bill Borre wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 09:41:
So gay scouts are ok but they have a problem with nerds? The tech community needs better political representation.

The Boy Scouts offer a Computer Merit Badge. They are not objecting to nerds, they are trying to block the use of the name.

I'm pretty sure they'd go after an organization that called themselves Gay Scouts too.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Black Ops 2 Plagiarism Accusation
9. Re: Black Ops 2 Plagiarism Accusation Aug 20, 2013, 13:31  Blue 

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 12:14:
Didn't the brother's that did the Matrix movies get sued by the women who originally pitched the idea to them a few years later and won her case against them?

Ahh Here we go.

The Snopes story explains that the woman didn't actually win her case.

She sued over similarities between her script and the Matrix. She failed to show up for a preliminary hearing and the court ruled she and her attorneys hadn't presented enough evidence to make their case, and the whole thing was dismissed.

In any event, she wasn't suing them for "plagiarism," she was suing for copyright infringement.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3712 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo