Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3712 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 12:30  Blue 

nin wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 11:10:
I'm assuming 3rd party resellers don't count? Or gift cards? I just ordered some (work) stuff and used the link, but it's a "fulfilled by amazon" 3rd part seller. So I don't know if that'll count or not...

I believe both cases do qualify. Here is the list of items that don't. There are no current listings under the last entry:

• any product or service sold on a site linked to from the Amazon Site (e.g., a product or service listed through our “Product Ads” program or sold on a site linked to from a banner ad, sponsored link, or other link displayed on the Amazon Site);

• any wireless service plan offered through the Amazon Site and not sold or fulfilled by us;

• any product, including games and other applications, sold through the Amazon Appstore for Android;

• any product sold on fresh.amazon.com;

• any alcoholic beverage product;

• any digital Kindle product purchased as a subscription (e.g., Kindle newspaper subscriptions, magazine subscriptions, blog subscriptions, etc.); or

• any of the products identified by Amazon Standard Identification Number (“ASIN”) in the following list (from and after the date listed); provided that any additions to this list will be published on this page at least 7 days before the beginning of the month in which they are first excluded (and such publication will be your sole notice of such modification):
  •  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
    Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
    Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 10:37  Blue 

Quboid wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:20:
    Does it work for other Amazon sites? As I use Amazon.co.uk, should I use that link but with my TLD to set the cookie for that site?

No, each Amazon site has a separate affiliate program.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 10:15  Blue 

InBlack wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:56:
    When I decide to use Amazon to purchase something privately Ill be sure to use your link Blue. Does it have to be game related? Can it be a book? Or maybe a peripheral?

Yeah, they have their own rules about what does or doesn't qualify, but it's not about being games related at all.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Into the Black
    2. Re: Into the Black Sep 2, 2014, 18:51  Blue 

nin wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 18:10:
    Dear god, was that staged? I was laughing as loud as the people in the car...love the way they all scurry back to their car and leave...

I lean towards thinking it is, but I don't care, it's pretty funny either way.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus
    16. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 16:07  Blue 

Alamar wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 10:53:
    But I just did a youtube search, and clicked on a 'Claptrap gameplay vid', and 2s into it, he jumps... Now I can't play the game if they're going to mess with 'the lore'!

That lore was already messed with... if you go back to the first Borderlands you'll find Claptrap actually uses.... STAIRS!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2014, 11:26  Blue 

1badmf wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:08:
    45 peeps in the pickem league wow. do you guys always pick the favorite or do you try to guess an upset now and then?

I can only speak for myself... I try and pick the games as I see them without regard to the point spread. I do, however, get worried if after doing that I see that I picked too many upsets, and it also bothers me if I've picked none at all. Oh yeah, and I basically always pick the Giants.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
    8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 10:22  Blue 

Raven wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 10:04:
    InBlack wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 09:56:
    SXO wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 09:55:
    Someone didn't notice the note by HardOCP that the first story is in fact fake.

Well fuck it. Neither did I. Thats a fake news site??

source: nationalreport.net

National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental.

Google "Paul Horner", and you'll see that he's the subject of a lot of their fake news.

Weird... the stories on their front page are clearly satire, one about handgun vending machines, another about fining ice bucket challenge participants for wasting water, but there is nothing about the SWATting story that seems at all humorous or satirical: It's written like a straight news story from beginning to end.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2014, 11:00  Blue 

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 16:29:
    jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 16:26:
    Strange, I can't post a comment to this story: RAYA Sound Engine. Anyone else having this problem?
    No posting in that thread for me either.

My error... left out an </frame> tag. Probably lucky it didn't break more. Fixed now, my apologies.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > RAYA Sound Engine
    1. Re: RAYA Sound Engine Sep 1, 2014, 10:59  Blue 

Apologies for the inability to comment on this story when it was originally posted... I made a formatting error.  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

18. Re: Amazon link question Aug 31, 2014, 11:09  Blue 

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 10:38:
    The link does work, but.. amazon.com redirects me to amazon.de ,) not sure it survives that (or you even get anything for that)

Mhh, oh well

I believe that Amazon.de has its own separate referral program, so I don't think there's anything to be done about this besides me looking into becoming an affiliate of theirs as well.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

16. Re: Amazon link question Aug 31, 2014, 10:27  Blue 

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 09:36:
    Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 09:08:
    Howdy Blue,

I'm guessing the link to the Amazon partner thing is based on an ad of some sort? I ask because I'm not seeing it and I've definitely got adblock running full tilt.

Is there a way to provide the referral link as a simple text link for those of us whom would love to support you but have absolutely zero interest in modifying their current adblock settings?

Even when I allow that amazon link to display, it just shows a 404 page for me.. I am guessing it's hosted on amazon servers in some ad space that is blocked by my router by default. ;/

Sorry for the difficulties trying to help here. I added a text link to the the setup that I'm hoping will solve both of these issues. Does that work?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2014, 17:21  Blue 

nin wrote on Aug 30, 2014, 14:27:
    Oh, and is your amazon thing definitely working? You should see a ps4 game on there from a day or two ago...

Several games showed up yesterday (you guys rock). I'm pretty sure it's working right... maybe it would be better for people's privacy if you want to ask if a specific item showed up, rather than me keep listing everything? Of course email is fine if your own privacy is a concern.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Into the Black Aug 29, 2014, 08:58  Blue 

nin wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 18:21:
    HA, you ran with that one...I'm a little surprised!

I guess I'm an utter child, but it made me laugh.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > On Sale
    8. Re: On Sale Aug 29, 2014, 07:44  Blue 

Acleacius wrote on Aug 29, 2014, 00:28:
    Blue wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 22:10:
    Acleacius wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 21:29:
    Just so I'm clear, we need to make sure this line is posted at the end of the url? (damn, wouldn't let me post it all together, so I added a space at each = .
    ?_encoding= UTF8&camp= 1789&creative= 390957&linkCode= ur2&node= 7266959011&tag= blsne09-20&linkId= D47QIUV5NSXLTWSR

Because when I clicked on the All Digital Deals it didn't seem to include blsne09.

I appreciate the effort, but according to Amazon, this is handled via a cookie... no need to manually add tags. In fact, I'm concerned that they'll take that as fishy.
    Ok never mind my idea and not sure why cookie isn't working for me either, as nin pointed out. I make it, correctly on the alt link you offered Blue but can't look at the full list, linked on the same page, without losing your support codes.

The tag in the URL may go away, but Amazon stores the affiliate code in a cookie for 24 hours. Even if you are not seeing the tag, this should be working unless you are blocking cookies, or visit another site and pick up their affiliate tag.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > On Sale
    6. Re: On Sale Aug 28, 2014, 22:10  Blue 

Acleacius wrote on Aug 28, 2014, 21:29:
    Just so I'm clear, we need to make sure this line is posted at the end of the url? (damn, wouldn't let me post it all together, so I added a space at each = .
    ?_encoding= UTF8&camp= 1789&creative= 390957&linkCode= ur2&node= 7266959011&tag= blsne09-20&linkId= D47QIUV5NSXLTWSR

Because when I clicked on the All Digital Deals it didn't seem to include blsne09.

I appreciate the effort, but according to Amazon, this is handled via a cookie... no need to manually add tags. In fact, I'm concerned that they'll take that as fishy.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > Amazon Orders
    9. Re: Amazon Orders Aug 27, 2014, 13:33  Blue 

Will W wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 08:46:
    Both of my items have shipped, the Rotary Chimney Cleaning System, and the Timberland boots, so they should show up on the referral today. I wasn't sure on the chimney brush since that was backordered, but they must have found one stashed in the warehouse supervisor's office or something.

The system seems to be back in operation, and does indeed show both items you mentioned (thanks!).

To repeat this from another thread, the way I now understand this to work is through an Amazon cookie that should store the referral code for 24 hours, or until it's overwritten by a code from another site.

Here is what Amazon is reporting as being purchased with our referral code, so thank you to all who are participating:

The Strain Volume 2
    The Strain Volume 3 The Fall
    The Strain Volume 4: The Fall
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Essential Home and Car Charger Kit - Includes (2) 3 Ft Cable USB 3.0 Charging/Data Sync Cables, (1) Dual Port Car Charger, and (1) H
    Samsung Electronics 64GB EVO Micro SDXC with Adapter Upto 48MB/s Class 10 Memory Card (MB-MP64DA/AM)
    Breaking Bad: Season 1 [Blu-ray]
    Breaking Bad: Season 2 [Blu-ray]
    Breaking Bad: Season 3 [Blu-ray]
    Downton Abbey, Season 4 [Blu-ray]
    For Whom the Cowbell Tolls: 25 Years of Paul's Boutique (66 & 2/3)
    Rotary Chimney Cleaning System
    Sperry Instruments GFI6302 GFCI Outlet Tester
    Timberland White Ledge Waterproof Boot,Brown,10 W
    Kobi Electric K8L6 6-watt (40-Watt) Straight Tip Candle LED 2700K Warm White Indoor Candelabra Light Bulb, Dimmable (2)

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

16. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 11:51  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 11:03:
    nin wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:51:
    Blue wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:48:
    1badmf wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:17:
    just bought an ultrabook from amazon, forgot to use the ad, sorry blue =(

did you ever figure out how the thing works?

Their reporting system is being flaky atm, but I spoke with someone there and I think I have a proper handle on this. Apparently the referral code is stored in a cookie for 24 hours, though it will be overwritten by another referral code if you end up clicking a link elsewhere that uses one (so it's possible you referred it to us anyway).

It seems we will get a small referral bonus for items bought by customers using our code, and they don't seem to have a problem with me presenting it as I am: as an opportunity to support the site.

Thanks to everyone for the interest in this.

Oh well cool then! Hopefully it all works out!

24 hours....nice. I will mess round with it more, hopefully reporting comes back up so i can check if everything I order is working.

/Blue do you have the cookie info? I don't see it in my Bluesnews cookies....I deleted my Amazon cookies and I don't see any indicators in there when it created a new one from the link.....hmmm...I did have the children's hospital stuff in there where they get 2% of my purchases....wonder if I have to delete that....

The cookies handling this would only be the ones belonging to Amazon. I am not sure how this does or does not conflict with the charity thing. I cannot believe Amazon decided to handle that with separate sub-domains for each charity considering how many of their other functions this seems to conflict with.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Steam Allows Multiple Game Installs
    7. Re: Steam Allows Multiple Game Installs Aug 27, 2014, 10:51  Blue 

starttimartti wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:14:
    So with this I can install DirectX 9 and .net framework 10 times in a row automatically? Finally!

Just thankful I wasn't drinking anything when I read that or it would have come out my nose.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 27, 2014, 10:48  Blue 

1badmf wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 10:17:
    just bought an ultrabook from amazon, forgot to use the ad, sorry blue =(

did you ever figure out how the thing works?

Their reporting system is being flaky atm, but I spoke with someone there and I think I have a proper handle on this. Apparently the referral code is stored in a cookie for 24 hours, though it will be overwritten by another referral code if you end up clicking a link elsewhere that uses one (so it's possible you referred it to us anyway).

It seems we will get a small referral bonus for items bought by customers using our code, and they don't seem to have a problem with me presenting it as I am: as an opportunity to support the site.

Thanks to everyone for the interest in this.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

11. Re: Into the Black Aug 27, 2014, 08:46  Blue 

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2014, 08:32:
    Creston wrote on Aug 26, 2014, 22:46:
    My dog has to go into surgery on Thursday, followed by 8 - 16 weeks of rehab.

Happy dog day, Luna.

Damn, Creston, hope everything turns out ok!

Same here... here's hoping both of you pull through fine.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3712 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo