Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3724 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

General Discussion > Amazon Orders
17. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 13, 2014, 10:39  Blue 

Will W wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 14:14:
Ok, I just had our secretary use the link to order a couple of things, let me know if they show...It's a non-taxable business account, so I don't know if referrals will work or not but was worth a shot:

Brother Printer MFC-L8850CDW Wireless Color Laser Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

EDS16PR 16-PORT Secure Device Server Rohs

The Printer was shipped by Amazon, but the 16 port serial server was from a partner, so let me know if you get credit for 1 or both or none.

Interestingly, I see what seems to be the 16-port server, but the Brother printer I see listed is mono:

Brother Printer EHL2280DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner and Copier

Perhaps the printer hasn't shipped yet? Either way, thanks for your efforts!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 13:07  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 12:49:
There's nothing disturbing about it unless you're one of those unbalanced white-knighting assholes who think all the problems of humanity can be laid at the feet of men, and women are all pure and innocent as the driven snow.

You can have an unpleasant way of dealing with opposing viewpoints. I don't really feel like addressing this further at this point.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

14. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 10, 2014, 12:29  Blue 

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 10:32:
Well I bought about $50 of mp3's through the link provided. Hopefully it shows up.

A bunch of MP3s did show up, thanks!

Every attempt to verify this process indicates it's working well, and I thank you all for your support. We got our approval from Amazon.de, Amazon.co.uk, and Amazon.ca, so I have added a widget with links to all of them close to the top of the front page. This seems a little cluttery, which I will work on, but it's all functioning now.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 11:12  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:07:
Women need to know when to shut up and back off as well.

You seem disturbingly invested in making this point.

Also, "mitigating factor" means a reason to give a criminal a reduced sentence. Are you really saying football players should be held *less* culpable in court for physical assaults than everyday folks?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 11:07  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:00:
I guess Ray Rice must have taken lessons from his mentor Rsy Lewis. He was probably planning on murdering her too and getting away with it like his mentor did. Stay classy Baltimore!

Ray Lewis needs to learn when to shut the fuck up. Not that he's capable.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 10:34  Blue 

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:21:
Mike Vick murders dogs and runs an illegal gambling ring, and got two games.

I don't know anyone than a greater distaste for Michael Vick than me, but just for the sake of factuality, he was suspended "indefinitely" in August 2007 and was not reinstated until week three of the 2009 season, so his suspension actually lasted 34 games, though for a good portion of that time he was in prison.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week One
5. Re: NFL Week One Sep 9, 2014, 11:39  Blue 

1badmf wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 10:51:
are you saying that wasn't a pick? cuz from every angle i've seen, it looks more likely he kept it off the ground than otherwise.

From how I saw it he initially kept it off the ground, but before securing it, the ball was it rolling on the ground with his hand off of it.

Screencap:

http://www.bluesnews.com/screenshots/games/misc/20140909/

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week One
1. NFL Week One Sep 9, 2014, 08:46  Blue 

I picked up nine wins in each league, which is weird... obviously I'm ranked higher in the spread league than the straight one.

It took me most of the season last year to get away from picking the Giants based on emotion. I think that took one week this year. And while they probably would have lost anyway, the interception call against Eli where the ball rolled on the ground still makes me mad.

Damn, did the Seahawks look awesome. It's a long season, but they served some notice.

Damn, did the Cowboys look bad. They served some notice it's going to be a long season.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2014, 12:15  Blue 

Sepharo wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 21:22:
Ah even Bluesnews got hit with this weird font stuff from Chrome.
Turn off your auto update if you don't want font weirdness on like 50% of sites right now.

Linked to an article on this recently:

The latest version (37) of Google Chrome uses DirectWrite for font rendering on Windows PCs. DirectWrite is a DirectX API made for the purpose of high-quality, resolution-independent text rendering. On paper it sounds great, but some people might not like the new fonts appearance (blurry text on some websites). Here we'll show you how to disable DirectWrite.

1. Navigate to "chrome://flags" using the address bar.
2. Locate "Disable DirectWrite" and press on the "Enable" button just beneath it.
3. Close and relaunch Google Chrome.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

12. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 6, 2014, 11:45  Blue 

Prez wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 20:40:
This may have been covered already but do digital items like e-books and mp3's count too?

Yes they do... there are surprisingly few exclusions. Here's what will *not* qualify:

• any product or service sold on a site linked to from the Amazon Site (e.g., a product or service listed through our “Product Ads” program or sold on a site linked to from a banner ad, sponsored link, or other link displayed on the Amazon Site);

• any wireless service plan offered through the Amazon Site and not sold or fulfilled by us;

• any product, including games and other applications, sold through the Amazon Appstore for Android;

• any product sold on fresh.amazon.com;

• any alcoholic beverage product;

• any digital Kindle product purchased as a subscription (e.g., Kindle newspaper subscriptions, magazine subscriptions, blog subscriptions, etc.);
  •  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2014, 16:10  Blue 

garrywong wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 15:22:
    The cookie comes from Blues? Or from Amazon? I browse with cookies disabled, and would like to know which site to put as exception.

The cookies for this come from Amazon.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 15:57  Blue 

Sleeeeepy wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 15:24:
    Blue wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:37:
    No, each Amazon site has a separate affiliate program.

Does it allow you, as a bona fide yankee doodle, to set up an amazon.co.uk version in addition? I think I've seen both versions on sites before and I'd be happy to use a UK one for my purchases.

Seems I can... It's still pending approval, but I now have a code for the UK affiliate programmme:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=blsne-21

And for Amazon Germany:

http://www.amazon.de/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=blsne00-21

Sorry, don't know enough German to mirror the "programme" joke.

Thanks again for the support!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 12:30  Blue 

nin wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 11:10:
    I'm assuming 3rd party resellers don't count? Or gift cards? I just ordered some (work) stuff and used the link, but it's a "fulfilled by amazon" 3rd part seller. So I don't know if that'll count or not...

I believe both cases do qualify. Here is the list of items that don't. There are no current listings under the last entry:

• any product or service sold on a site linked to from the Amazon Site (e.g., a product or service listed through our “Product Ads” program or sold on a site linked to from a banner ad, sponsored link, or other link displayed on the Amazon Site);

• any wireless service plan offered through the Amazon Site and not sold or fulfilled by us;

• any product, including games and other applications, sold through the Amazon Appstore for Android;

• any product sold on fresh.amazon.com;

• any alcoholic beverage product;

• any digital Kindle product purchased as a subscription (e.g., Kindle newspaper subscriptions, magazine subscriptions, blog subscriptions, etc.); or

• any of the products identified by Amazon Standard Identification Number (“ASIN”) in the following list (from and after the date listed); provided that any additions to this list will be published on this page at least 7 days before the beginning of the month in which they are first excluded (and such publication will be your sole notice of such modification):
  •  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 10:37  Blue 

Quboid wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:20:
    Does it work for other Amazon sites? As I use Amazon.co.uk, should I use that link but with my TLD to set the cookie for that site?

No, each Amazon site has a separate affiliate program.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

8. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 10:15  Blue 

InBlack wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 09:56:
    When I decide to use Amazon to purchase something privately Ill be sure to use your link Blue. Does it have to be game related? Can it be a book? Or maybe a peripheral?

Yeah, they have their own rules about what does or doesn't qualify, but it's not about being games related at all.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Into the Black
    2. Re: Into the Black Sep 2, 2014, 18:51  Blue 

nin wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 18:10:
    Dear god, was that staged? I was laughing as loud as the people in the car...love the way they all scurry back to their car and leave...

I lean towards thinking it is, but I don't care, it's pretty funny either way.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus
    16. Re: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Season Pass, Preorder Bonus Sep 2, 2014, 16:07  Blue 

Alamar wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 10:53:
    But I just did a youtube search, and clicked on a 'Claptrap gameplay vid', and 2s into it, he jumps... Now I can't play the game if they're going to mess with 'the lore'!

That lore was already messed with... if you go back to the first Borderlands you'll find Claptrap actually uses.... STAIRS!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 2, 2014, 11:26  Blue 

1badmf wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 11:08:
    45 peeps in the pickem league wow. do you guys always pick the favorite or do you try to guess an upset now and then?

I can only speak for myself... I try and pick the games as I see them without regard to the point spread. I do, however, get worried if after doing that I see that I picked too many upsets, and it also bothers me if I've picked none at all. Oh yeah, and I basically always pick the Giants.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
    8. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Sep 2, 2014, 10:22  Blue 

Raven wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 10:04:
    InBlack wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 09:56:
    SXO wrote on Sep 2, 2014, 09:55:
    Someone didn't notice the note by HardOCP that the first story is in fact fake.

Well fuck it. Neither did I. Thats a fake news site??

source: nationalreport.net

National Report is a news and political satire web publication, which may or may not use real names, often in semi-real or mostly fictitious ways. All news articles contained within National Report are fiction, and presumably fake news. Any resemblance to the truth is purely coincidental.

Google "Paul Horner", and you'll see that he's the subject of a lot of their fake news.

Weird... the stories on their front page are clearly satire, one about handgun vending machines, another about fining ice bucket challenge participants for wasting water, but there is nothing about the SWATting story that seems at all humorous or satirical: It's written like a straight news story from beginning to end.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 1, 2014, 11:00  Blue 

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 16:29:
    jdreyer wrote on Aug 31, 2014, 16:26:
    Strange, I can't post a comment to this story: RAYA Sound Engine. Anyone else having this problem?
    No posting in that thread for me either.

My error... left out an </frame> tag. Probably lucky it didn't break more. Fixed now, my apologies.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3724 Comments. 187 pages. Viewing page 2.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo