Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3832 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees
28. Re: MS: No PC Xbox Gold Fees Mar 6, 2015, 15:29  Blue 

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 14:16:
It's funny how Microsoft did a 180 on that paid gfwl thing and ended up refunding people the $50.

That is what happened. Fee backtracking. Refunds announced.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 6, 2015, 14:25  Blue 

harlock wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 13:31:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 13:21:
Is anyone else having issues posting in the Unreal Engine Cinematic thread?

yeh comment link is wrong

Sorry about that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 5, 2015, 10:59  Blue 

nin wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 10:31:
I take it you'll be sticking with xbox Blue, since that's where (I'm assuming) your DLC is?

Yeah, I didn't realize there would be a factor to force my hand, I thought I would be weighing a choice when the time came. If I thought it through further it would have occurred to me that if they did provide the DLC compatibility I hoped for, and to be honest, expected, it would be platform specific. I am perfectly happy to remain ignorant of how much I spent on songs for the series between games and DLC, as I'm sure it's upwards of a grand, and I don't want to know how exactly how far upward.

Here's the big question I haven't seen addressed... will they finally manage to bring The Beatles Rock Band content to the main game? It would fit with their position that RB4 is a sequel-free "platform" going forward, but obviously getting the Beatles stuff out as an export or DLC so far has not worked out. Negotiating with eccentric billionaires can't be easy.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2015, 10:46  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 10:41:
Wallshadows wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 10:19:
Huh, this is probably the first time I ever hit the Forum and Topic buttons but I am pretty sure I went on the forums once...or twice in all my time here.

Yeah, I always forget they exist too.

Actually I was simply referring to the news forum post anyway. Sorry for any confusion, I added the word "news" to be clearer.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 5, 2015, 10:29  Blue 

UttiniDaKilrJawa wrote on Mar 5, 2015, 10:22:
I didn't mind the mush so much. I hated that the controllers had the durability of a wet kleenex. If they even worked out of the box at all.

Yeah, guitar and drum durability are a big issue. Being a hardcore drummer in Rock Band means being a mechanic. Otoh, I still use my RB1 mic for vocals, and that thing has Beatles at the Cavern Club kind of mileage on it at this point, including about a billion cowbell taps. Singer

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Free
10. Re: Unreal Engine 4 Free Mar 2, 2015, 14:13  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 14:11:
5% royalty after the first $3,000

Is it just me, or does this seem quite generous? Certainly the cost of building your own engine from scratch would be more than 5% of development costs.

I guess it depends... It sounds that way to me too, but I saw a post on Facebook where a couple of developers commented that 5% of the gross (versus net) can kill a small developer's profits after a service like Steam takes its cut.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 2, 2015, 10:14  Blue 

nin wrote on Mar 2, 2015, 10:04:
Red Neck trucker says NO to this blonde trying to merge...

"Whut the he-il?"

Car had it coming, but him being on the phone isn't helping matters any.

The comments speculate he actually didn't see her, but it looks 100% deliberate on his part. What I can't believe is that she didn't see he was doing it before they hit.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 1, 2015, 17:44  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Mar 1, 2015, 17:23:
Bleh, that video is US only.

Ugh, sorry.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

11. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 15:13  Blue 

BobBob wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 14:39:
Why not just ban me if it's such an annoyance? Or does the admin ego require regular inflating?

I'm assuming you've been banned in the past. The 'you shouldn't feel bad about this when this other possibly worse thing exists' schtick has a familiar ring.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 28, 2015, 14:31  Blue 

BobBob wrote on Feb 28, 2015, 13:34:
I need to get my priorities straight.

You could start by trolling less.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 27, 2015, 09:47  Blue 

harlock wrote on Feb 27, 2015, 09:33:
is it true that colorblind people have better nightvision?

I don't know the science, but my personal experience suggests this is true. I have excellent night vision, and have had MrsBlue remark while driving at night that she couldn't understand how I could see where we were going amid oncoming headlights and such.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

8. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 10:35  Blue 

Fantaz wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 10:33:
InBlack wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 09:54:
It was a gutsy move, and I applaud it, we are talking about a horror movie after all. "Feel good" hollywood subplots have no business being in a good horror film anyway. (Or in anything else for that matter)

Just to clarify, I don't think that the Newt subplot was weak in Aliens. It wasn't, it was an essential part of the film. However in Alien3, killing off both Newt and Hicks, also served the plot of the film greatly. First of all it was unexpected, and secondly it once again cast Ripley as an outsider even more isolated and vulnerable than before.

i'm not even sure anyone cares about the Aliens franchise anymore... it's been so long.

I'd say the response to this news and the collective horror at the failed promise of Prometheus suggest otherwise.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 26, 2015, 10:18  Blue 

InBlack wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 09:46:
nin wrote on Feb 26, 2015, 09:28:
Somebody get Michael Biehn on the phone!!!!!!!!

Man that would be cool. Wait. Hey! I actually liked Alien3. I guess I am alone on this planet in thinking it was a great film that put one of my favorite directors on the map.

You are not the only one who thought it put Fincher on the map, but yeah, the meetings of the club where it's considered a great film are probably going to be a bit lonely.

Charles Dance was awesome, as usual, though.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
8. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2015, 18:50  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 17:20:
BobBob wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 16:28:
Why can't we delete our own posts?

You can edit them with the comment "derp" and it's the same thing. Pretty sure "Delete" is just for the admin.

Delete is indeed just an administrative function. And all it does is replace the text with something along the lines of *Deleted*, which you can do yourself by editing if it strikes your fancy.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Feb 25, 2015, 14:12  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Feb 25, 2015, 14:08:
Reddit bans nude images posted without consent.

So basically *all* nude images?

Not even remotely. We live in an age of exhibitionism.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > GTA5 PC Delay
7. Re: GTA5 PC Delay Feb 24, 2015, 11:47  Blue 

Quinn wrote on Feb 24, 2015, 11:45:
Copy-pasting an apology, too... Fucking hell.

For the record, that's me having a little fun at their expense. If they did copy-and-paste it, they did change some words.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 20, 2015, 12:03  Blue 

Creston wrote on Feb 20, 2015, 11:42:
How have you been able to get him used to the boots, Blue? I've been trying to get my doggies to wear them, and the second I put them on they just go into spazmo-paw frenzy until they can get them off again.

Explaining to them that "Now your paws will freeze and you'll whine at me that you're too cold when we need to go outside!" doesn't seem to help either.

It's all about the Gunnar-man's "unstoppable demeanor" I mentioned, as it took no effort on my part at all. I put the boots on him and while at first he stepped around oddly by carefully placing each foot, he quickly recognized that he could still get around and that was that. He's just not the type to let something stand in his way if he can help it, so they'd either have to be causing him severe discomfort or be chained to an anchor to stop him from going out on his adventure.

We're quite lucky, as he's a *very* easy dog to get along with. If it wasn't for his desire to mark the stove, he'd be about perfect.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

44. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 15:27  Blue 

Sepharo wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 15:09:
Blue wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 08:49:
1badmf wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 02:02:
out of idle curiosity, what's a largish breed that's basically a lazy bum and is otherwise low maintenace (low shedding, no slobbering, etc).

You sound like a possible candidate for a rescue Greyhound. They are apparently quite content to be couch potatoes after all the athletics.

I'm not sure if the Boxer recommendation was a joke, but to my experience they are pretty crazy.

They're energetic within their own space. They're family guard dogs so they're gentle with children and other pets. But they're a large breed that doesn't shed (well not like a long hair dog sheds) or slobber and they spend most of the day loafing about.

Here are some videos, showing their restrained energy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTJqwXYrPP8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmeoNRJOGBo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5qlBn-nNIc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

I've got no personal experience from which to draw, I'm just going by what's said about the breed. A lot of what you describe sounds right, I'm just not sure that it's "basically a lazy bum."

Boxers are a bright, energetic and playful breed and tend to be very good with children.[4] They are patient and spirited with children but also protective, making them a popular choice for families.[4] They are active, strong dogs and require adequate exercise to prevent boredom-associated behaviors such as chewing, digging, or licking. Boxers have earned a slight reputation of being "headstrong," which can be related to inappropriate obedience training.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

35. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 19, 2015, 08:49  Blue 

1badmf wrote on Feb 19, 2015, 02:02:
out of idle curiosity, what's a largish breed that's basically a lazy bum and is otherwise low maintenace (low shedding, no slobbering, etc).

You sound like a possible candidate for a rescue Greyhound. They are apparently quite content to be couch potatoes after all the athletics.

I'm not sure if the Boxer recommendation was a joke, but to my experience they are pretty crazy.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

16. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 18, 2015, 14:35  Blue 

Beamer wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 14:28:
Clearly, the rational thing to do is leave this amazingness and return to the snowy hell that is NYC. Just signed my offer letter, I move back in March or April! Please, snow, be done by then!

Congrats. No worries. April in New York is beautiful everywhere but Citi Field.

Beamer wrote on Feb 18, 2015, 14:26:
I've been spending a lot of time of late with a dalmatian. It's one of the friendliest, sweetest dogs I've ever met, which goes against everything I know about the breed. They're so unmistakeable, too.

My impression of Dalmatians is that they are friendly and sweet, but not necessarily super smart, but that the perception of their lack of intelligence may stem how many of them turn out to have hearing loss.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3832 Comments. 192 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo