Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3752 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
38. Re: Into the Black Aug 12, 2014, 14:39  Blue 

Quinn wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 14:35:
It's not rocketscience, of course. But we're all bein assholes to eachother anyway. My point is that I think you should apply your rule to all or none.

Which is exactly what I did. And yours was the post that got deleted as a result. How exactly to you think you've been singled out unfairly?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
36. Re: removed Aug 12, 2014, 14:07  Blue 

Quinn wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 10:32:
Quinn wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 09:12:
* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Aug 12, 2014, 10:00.

Blue, I gotta urge you to be less selective in removing comments. I know I'm not always being politically correct enough, but come on! Scroll down just a little and realize that if my comment is being removed, so much some others. Or, better yet, if some others aren't being removed, neither should mine.

There are four simple rules on the forum, don't put it on me if you can't follow them. Specifically, you could have found a way to express your difference of opinion without saying the original poster was "acting like an angry 15 year old," and calling him "retarded" and "a dumb fuck."

You really needed this spelled out for you? Really?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer
11. Re: Dead Island 2 Gameplay Trailer Aug 11, 2014, 17:11  Blue 

Task wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 15:09:
Creston wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 11:40:
California is an island now? FINALLY!

Like this?

Maybe they're just using REALLY old maps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Island_of_California

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 11, 2014, 10:28  Blue 

InBlack wrote on Aug 11, 2014, 09:52:
Im not really sure what everyone has against sex in GoT or any literature/film/art for that matter. Its a subject, like any other, that should be open to the author's interpretation.

If you dont like it, ignore it! Or better yet, grab a pen and write something more to your liking! No need to rain on everyone's parade...

OMG ITS BOOBIEZ AND SEX!! *yawn*

A seminal piece of fantasy literature is being dissected by the prudish american audience because "SEX". Yeah, show us those 'smarts' USA!! (Or in this case, Aussieland...)

Did you read the article? It's a critique of how the scenes are written, not a prudish complaint that they're included.

The video game novel examples they provide are cringe-worthy to say the least.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 7, 2014, 16:18  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Aug 7, 2014, 13:00:
Blue, have you watched Meatballs lately?

Not lately, because I love that movie so much I intentionally space out viewings. There's a lot about that movie that comes directly from reality... the CIT song they sing is the tune of my (and a lot of other) camp's song.

Wudy the wabbit!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

20. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2014, 18:20  Blue 

SlimRam wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 16:47:
Hey Blue, have you decided if you're going viral? No, I don't mean a Lost Weekend in Tijuana where you end up in a Mexican jail with a hooker, a gunshot wound and VD. I mean, are you going to be making videos of you and the crew playing stuff together online and is it happening tonight or have you not decided yet?

At this point I think the plan is to record the proceedings just to see how it all works technically and all, since we're heading into uncharted territory. I don't know if this will work or if it will be worth posting... we'll just have to see how it goes.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2014, 14:02  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 13:34:
nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 13:13:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 13:04:
nin wrote on Aug 3, 2014, 12:23:
Ugh. Sounds rather horrific, Blue. Glad it's passed. I think I've only had it once in my life (I'll spare you the gory details, but the scary part was feeling my kidneys throb to my pulse).

? not sure it was food poisoning, maybe something just didn't agree with you......as it usually lasts a lot longer. (sometimes DAYS) I once got it while in South Dakota, was in bed for 1.5 days, and had to drive back with it. Was horrible.

(All right, you asked for it ) Considering my body was also attempting to expel things from both ends at the same time, violently, I'm pretty sure it was food poisoning.

hhwhhehehe no was directed at Blue.

It passed very quickly, but I can claim the exact same double-ended expulsion. There was no holding back the vomit on the train, but I managed to avoid giving in to the diarrhea until I got home. Maybe it was something else, but it was pretty dramatic.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 29, 2014, 11:30  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jul 29, 2014, 09:40:
Went to feed the dogs, and I noticed a few of the food nuggets had escaped the bucket. My wife was right there, so I held some up, and said "this is how we get ants" - the moment was lost on her. Still enjoyed it though....

Haha, I would have been right there with you... getting into huge trouble by laughing in her face.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2014, 10:56  Blue 

Tim1_2 wrote on Jul 21, 2014, 10:13:
The bird is nice and warm and cozy in something's stomach.

That's entirely possible, you can't think I didn't know that when I put the little guy back in the yard. With dogs to terrorize other predators for almost 14 years now, the yard is "somewhat" safe, but as nin referenced, I heard a fox near here not that long ago, so obviously nature taking its course could mean the end for him, as it does for so many others.

But reading up on this also made it clear that this can also be a natural part of leaving the nest, and that parent birds are actually capable of finding and returning fledglings to the nest when they fall out, so unless exraordinary circumstances are involved, it's best not to intervene. To properly save a bird would also required a degree of care I may not be capable of providing, so there's a good chance I would have just ended up killing it myself.

Sing along with me. Born free...

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 17, 2014, 07:10  Blue 

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 20:07:
PHJF wrote on Jul 16, 2014, 12:29:
Armchair scientist strikes again!

http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/dwq/nutrientschap12.pdf

Interesting, I admit I've never done much research aside from being really pissed off and a bit worried after repeatedly getting letters from my water company, to the tune of: "sorry, you shouldn't have been drinking the water without boiling it last month!" or their annual water reports where they failed EPA water standard tests for fertilizer runoff, bacteria, heavy metals, medical type molecules etc.

Apparently there is a nice middle ground of dissolved minerals, sans industrial and biological contaminants I should be aiming for. Because of the above, I bought a water filtration system for the house a few years back, so I guess I'll start getting some gatorades or vitamin waters in the short term.

Screwed no matter what you do, apparently.

This is not about water that's been simply home-filtered. The water in the article probably makes water run through a brita look like mud.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 15, 2014, 16:37  Blue 

Sir Graves wrote on Jul 15, 2014, 16:26:
Keep in mind, though, that from everything I've read bearded dragons are definitely a lot more involved than skinks and whatnot, especially with diet. Basically, if you're at all squeamish about (or just don't want the messy, noisy hassle) feeding your pet live insects and mice, then I'm not sure a beardie is for you (stopped me from buying).

Every article I read about them says that live crickets and the occasional mouse are a MUST for growing bearded dragons. I wasn't at all interested in that myself.

Indeed the reason I liked the idea of the skink was because it sounds like if you wanted to, you could get away without feeding one any crickets at all. From what I understand about beardies is that when they are young their diet is mostly insects, as you say, but once they've grown, they mostly eat greens, supplemented by some crickets.

But they also aren't obsessed with eating living things, compared to the gecko, who basically lives on crickets. So they make pellets to feed them that comprise a complete diet. I haven't decided for sure that I'm going to get one, so I certainly am not set on how I would feed it, but knowing that this is one way to feed them is comforting.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Star Citizen at $48 Million
27. Re: Star Citizen at $48 Million Jul 15, 2014, 09:05  Blue 

Alamar wrote on Jul 14, 2014, 22:22:
Wow... Blue really likes Star Citizen... First time I ever saw a news post pushed to the top of the page...

-Alamar

When I first posted it, it accidentally was part of the story above it, rather than standing alone. Right after I fixed that, the letter covering the news was added, so I figured I'd repost the story with the addition of that information.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2014, 21:45  Blue 

Ant wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 21:43:
Blue, you should keep ants and don't feed ants to geckos.

I do keep ants, I have thousands of them... But like a lot of people who keep their cats outdoors, I keep my ants outside. Everyone seems to like it better that way.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

33. Re: Blue TOngue Jul 12, 2014, 21:43  Blue 

Darth Guybrush wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 20:22:
Unless I am mistaken the Blue Tongue is a protected species and it would be illegal to get one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-tongued_skink

? I don't see anywhere that it says that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

20. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 12, 2014, 19:53  Blue 

BobBob wrote on Jul 12, 2014, 19:42:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_composition

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2014, 10:22  Blue 

nin wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 09:36:
Your yearly excitement with 7-11 always makes me grin.

So, do you go there any other time of the year, or just this one day?

I don't even always make it there this day, but it does get me excited. I may have explained this before, but when I was growing up in Brooklyn we'd visit friends on Long Island, where I became very jealous of the cheap soft drink bonanza offered by 7/11s, and I think a fascination remains to this day. This was reinforced on one super-hot day when we happened in for a Slurpee, which was insanely refreshing at that moment, reminding me how welcome something like that can be on a day like this.

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 11, 2014, 09:57:
"I'm thinking of selling my theremin, I haven't touched it in years"

That one made me laugh.

I didn't get the pavlov reference,the irony bus stop one or Benoit B Mandelbrot though.

First two seem easy enough to figure out, but the Mandelbrot one flew over my head too.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 9, 2014, 14:03  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 13:30:
nin wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 13:20:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 9, 2014, 13:12:
Can't you pound it back down with a rubber mallet? Or even put a piece of scrap wood on top of the sill and hit it with a hammer.

Yeah, when all else fails, hit the shit out of it!

Well, we ARE men. The forceful solution is always the right one!

Haha, indeed. Got the window moving again. Now we need to get one of those little adjustable screens. There's actually a space for a storm screen there, but I don't seem to have it. I wonder if it's a standard size that can be replaced?

And for the record, the quarantine was simply keeping the door closed so the bugs wouldn't populate the rest of the house before I got this under control.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2014, 13:12  Blue 

MisterBenn wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 12:52:
garrywong wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 10:17:
This is the biggest collection of click-bait titled articles I have ever seen on Blues

I'm not sure what happened today. That "19 Maps" piece was just awful. It sounded like something about the history of the planet - but I actually got a list of which states begin with which letter and a diagram of what the US would look like if every state were a kitten. I like the levity in OooB but the inclusion of that was a bit of a low point!

It is a satire of clickbait articles, which I personally found very funny.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Sacred 3 Preorders
10. Re: Sacred 3 Preorders Jul 3, 2014, 11:46  Blue 

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 21:06:
BIGtrouble77 wrote on Jul 2, 2014, 21:02:
Did the people that formerly made up Ascaron make this or did they sell off the IP?

Deepsilver owned the IP.. and yeha, it's a different studio

Keen Games
Makers of such shovel ware as
Virtual Villagers (2009, Nintendo DS)
What's Cooking with Jamie Oliver (2008, Nintendo DS)
TNT Racers (2010, Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Playstation Portable)
Anno 1701: Dawn of Discovery (2007, Nintendo DS)

This developer never before made a PC Game, yet alone a hackn's slash.

They were *announced* as the developer of a PC game (albeit web-based), but that was cancelled.

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/114597/star-trek-deep-space-nine-mmog-announced

http://www.bluesnews.com/s/134319/star-trek-infinite-space-cancelled

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 3, 2014, 10:56  Blue 

Verno wrote on Jul 3, 2014, 10:47:
Yeah it's mirroring the issues we see in kids today - lack of exercise and too much crappy food. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when you look at the people who are responsible for them. I think a lot of people buy dogs thinking that it will force them to get outdoors and exercise more. After awhile they discover that they still don't like physical activity and then end up just shoving it in the backyard once in awhile. I have family who does that and clearly just aren't up to the responsibility of pet ownership yet refuse to give or sell the dog to someone who wants it.

My dogs have always been well trained but all dogs beg to some extent, people just have to learn how to say no which shouldn't be hard. I don't know if they feel guilty or are just too stupid to realize what they're doing but paying some company thousands to fix such a simple problem is simultaneously depressing and hilarious.

Neither of our dogs ever begged, because they never got enough reinforcement to suggest it would do anything. Hudson the wonder dog did show some signature terrier independence by stealing food left within her reach on the coffee table if left alone, but I could leave the Gunnar-man alone with a steak on that table and he wouldn't touch it because he knows it's not for him. In fairness, it's a lot easier to achieve this state with an Airedale and a poodle... I understand how tough it can be for owners of food-oriented dogs like labs and beagles, but still, no one is forcing you to feed them.

And owners who don't walk their dogs shouldn't have them.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3752 Comments. 188 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo