Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3754 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2014, 18:45  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 18:28:
WOOOOOOO!!!!! Luck benched, solidifies my win for fantasy champ! Huge x-mas payout! I LOVE IT! Close to 1k.

Nice! Congrats.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 21, 2014, 15:35  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 21, 2014, 13:54:
Hope all is well at Blue Tower - getting late.....

All is fine... just got run all over creation grocery shopping today.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > Amazon Orders
33. No subject Dec 18, 2014, 10:09  Blue 

Will W wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 18:00:
winnetou wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 15:30:
The amazon associates central states:
In most cases, you earn advertising fees for visitors that come to an Amazon site and place any qualifying items in a customer's Shopping Cart within 24 hours of their arrival at most Amazon sites.com or 30-days for MyHabit.com. However, this 24-hour window for most Amazon sites and 30-day window for MyHabit.com will end before it expires once the customer submits his order or reenters Amazon.com through a Link that is not your Special Link. Once the window is closed, you will not earn advertising fees on any subsequent purchases.

Seems to be restricted to the session that was opened via your banner link.
I'll give the .de version a try soonish. Or maybe someone already figured out whether that works?

That's interesting....let me know if a bar code scanner shows up. I didn't click through the banner when I bought that since I thought the cookie would still be valid.

Hmmm, I do not see any bar code scanners, so it seems the persistent cookie thing is not actually working as I thought. I'm sorry this is proving difficult to work with at times, but I certainly do appreaciate all the effort many of you are going to.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

9. Re: Finger guards Dec 16, 2014, 08:24  Blue 

ColBlister wrote on Dec 16, 2014, 01:30:
What's your opinion on using finger guards while cutting. Like these.

Huh, look at that. Never saw one of those before, but it makes sense if you're nervous about knives, though as I say, I don't have a problem with cuts myself. Your holding hand should be relatively safe without one if you hold it in a proper claw style, and I'd almost worry that there's a possible increased danger from someone handling a knife carelessly because the finger guard makes them overconfident. Also, I would much rather have a Damascus steel chef's knife sliding up and down against my knuckles than a metal guard, and even for the cheapest knife I'd be concerned it would leave scratches.

But in the end, you should go with what works for you... especially considering it's all of $2.50.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 15, 2014, 11:02  Blue 

InBlack wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 09:56:
While the Clash were certainly an influental and great band (by punk standards: the best bend ever) I for one really can't compare them to the Beatles. Say what you will about the 'fake' beatlemania but the Beatles were truly the first planetary popular band and this was waaaay before the music industry discovered it didnt need good music to sell records. They truly made some fucking incredible music.

I guess this is a reference that's losing its relevance, but I was not knocking the Beatles, nor do I think the Clash were.

They were not referring to Beatlemania the phenomenon, they were knocking "phony" Beatlemania, a show which had recently come out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatlemania_%28musical%29

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Dec 11, 2014, 11:23  Blue 

Jivaro wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 11:16:
Or Blue follows her on Twitter...

She tweeted it to us.

https://twitter.com/br/status/542806177495519232

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > Amazon Orders
29. No subject Dec 10, 2014, 10:55  Blue 

Will W wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 10:51:
Is there any way to directly link to products with the referral URL included? I need to get some UPS's, but don't want to keep telling our secretary to click the referral URL and search for the products....sometimes Amazon doesn't match the products correctly so I prefer to send her direct links.

I guess the other way would be to have her click the referral URL and then click the direct links? Would that work to give you the credit for the items?

I certainly appreciate all the trouble you are going to for this. We seem to have been able to reliably determine that clicking the referral URL adds a cookie that credits this site for all your subsequent purchases for 24 hours or until you click someone else's affiliate link.

Hopefully that can make life easier for both you and your secretary. Thanks again.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 09:09  Blue 

InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:03:
Blue wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:55:
InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:50:
What are you using as the client Blue? I doubt the original .exe works with Windows, but thats just an assumption.

For convenience I picked up a copy on Steam, which seems to work fine, except for the vertical mouse dealie. I may get inspired to pick up one of those more modern ports again though, as while I am not a graphics whore, the 320x200 resolution of the original is pretty horrible on a big monitor.

Any of the new ports should be good, although Ive always prefered Zdaemon to anything else. As for the vertical mouse dealie Im not sure I get what you mean. You are not talking about mouse look but 'moving' forwards and backwards when pushing or pulling the mouse right? (If thats it that is easily disabled in Zdaemon)

Yes, that's what I meant... Old DOS mouse drivers had separate values for vertical and horizontal sensitivity, and setting the vert to zero was how to stop unwanted forward and back movement when aiming left and right with the mouse.

I thought I remembered that was an option in some of the ports... that's probably the way to go.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2014, 08:55  Blue 

InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 08:50:
What are you using as the client Blue? I doubt the original .exe works with Windows, but thats just an assumption.

For convenience I picked up a copy on Steam, which seems to work fine, except for the vertical mouse dealie. I may get inspired to pick up one of those more modern ports again though, as while I am not a graphics whore, the 320x200 resolution of the original is pretty horrible on a big monitor.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2014, 07:56  Blue 

Capella wrote on Dec 7, 2014, 17:09:
I lost my best friend today. He went to sleep at 2:45 today after fighting kidney failure. He was only 8 years old. He was so smart I had to put locks on the gates to keep him from opening them. He loved to lean and bark at the birds and go for rides.

I don't want anyone to be sad. I just wanted to tell some one. I don't do Facebook. His name was Shooter and he was loved and is already missed.

My condolences Capella. I love tales of smart dogs, sorry to hear he went so young.

R.I.P. Shooter.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

34. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2014, 07:36  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 04:08:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 15:47:
Blue wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 14:44:
Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 13:16:
Ah, cool. I use Nature's Miracle to clean out any stains when they vomit and such, I didn't realize you could actually wash your dogs in it. Thanks for the tip.

To be clear, the skunk remedy is a different product from the maker of the urine/vomit cleaner.

Ah. That's probably good to know too...

Yeah, you definitely don't want to wash the dog in the "Nature's Miracle Flesh and Bone Solvent."

They always advise testing at first on a small unseen portion of your pet to ensure no dissolving occurs.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

30. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2014, 14:44  Blue 

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 13:16:
Ah, cool. I use Nature's Miracle to clean out any stains when they vomit and such, I didn't realize you could actually wash your dogs in it. Thanks for the tip.

To be clear, the skunk remedy is a different product from the maker of the urine/vomit cleaner.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

25. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2014, 13:06  Blue 

Creston wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 11:24:
What do you use to get rid of it, Blue? I've always heard tomato juice works great (and was actually confirmed by the Mythbusters), but that's for humans. I doubt washing a dog in tomato juice is all that pleasant...

I did not know that tomato juice works for skunked people, I guess where that tip comes from, because as far as I know, it is definitely not the right thing to do for a skunked dog, and I've even seen it said this just helps lock in the scent more, though I have no hands-on experience.

There are formulas you can find on the Internet to mix up yourself, but we just used this stuff called "Nature's Miracle," which they carry at our local PetSmart. Using that we were able to get Hudson to the point where her skunk odor was nigh undetectable and did not return when she got wet, which any dog owner will tell you, is the true test of when skunkiness is truly eradicated.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 3, 2014, 10:08  Blue 

LurkerLito wrote on Dec 3, 2014, 09:45:
Target removes GTA 5 from sale due to “depictions of violence against women.”
So all the depictions of violence against men is OK Rolleyes . I see...They should probably just not sell video games anymore.
Flamethrower Rifle

And they wonder why there aren't many "female" lead characters in games. Amazed

Oops, that shouldn't have been left here after I posted it as a separate story.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 09:41  Blue 

nin wrote on Nov 24, 2014, 09:38:
Amazing it's been a year, as it doesn't seem like it's been that long. (Not to sound harsh or belittling the loss but) Did you ever get your lizard?

Nope, it's something I'm still planning though. I think I'll want to rearrange my office before I do that though, as it's not set up very well to share with a terrarium in its current configuration.

And I agree... doesn't seem like a year at all. Time perception can be funny.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 19, 2014, 09:50  Blue 

1badmf wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 09:35:
wow, a clunker that died at 100,000 miles? that's pretty bad in this day and age, even for american cars. i've only ever owned japanese cars, and they've all lasted me at least 100,000 miles before i sold them. my infiniti almost got to 220,000.

I thought I made it clear that the car didn't actually die, but had hit the point where the potential repair cost was impractical. It was a 2003 Accord, and had a theoretical trade in value of $6K, but replacing the transmission would cost over $3K, so it was time to walk.

InBlack wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 09:37:
What model is the replacement? Hopefuly your mechanic is an honest guy (well honest 'enough') and your replacement doesnt end up in the shop too often. Sorry to be so pessimistic, Ive never had anyhing but horrible luck with mechanics and used cars, mileage may vary on these things

We got a 16K mile 2012 Civic Hybrid with about 2-1/2 years of warranty coverage remaining, so we'll have ample time to figure out how reliable it is without it costing us anything extra. We got a good deal because interest in hybrids has diminished with recent drops in gas prices, but the 44 hwy/city MPG still seems very appealing to me.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Nov 19, 2014, 09:29  Blue 

Rattlehead wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 08:58:
I don't know why my ignore function isn't working anymore

It's failing even when you are properly logged in?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > BN display on mobile
6. No subject Nov 13, 2014, 08:57  Blue 

Rhialto wrote on Nov 13, 2014, 08:20:
I believe the really first steps though would be to post this as a news on the main page, maybe in the 'etc.' or 'Out of the Blue' section or something so more people would see it and more chance that someone kindly offer you some help. That would be a good start.

That's how I've planned on dealing with this when I was prepared to bring it up... I posted here and now because of your post.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

PC Gaming > NFL Week 11
1. NFL Week 11 Nov 13, 2014, 07:59  Blue 

Week 11 is upon us!

http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/group?groupID=59532
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/group?groupID=65534

It got to that point last week, as I picked the Seahawks to beat the Giants, which only seemed rational. Imagine my surprise when they were still tied in the second half, though in the end, the final score was not very surprising. Interesting matchups this week with a couple of starting QBs out... I wonder if Sanchez winning makes Rex Ryan's tattoo itch?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > BN display on mobile
4. No subject Nov 13, 2014, 07:49  Blue 

Rhialto wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 08:31:
Verno wrote on Nov 11, 2014, 08:27:
It looks roughly like that on mine as well.
Really? That's strange, it's the opposite from what we see on the computer where titles are bigger than articles.

Maybe they should think of a m.bluesnews.com? But again, after all those years, I look like the only one who care.

No you aren't... just a matter of manpower. This should all get a more dedicated effort at some point, but in the meantine, my more superficial attempts at getting the headline tags to behave on mobile displays has met with a little frustration. I'll take another look at this, and anyone with any expertise to share can feel free to offer suggestions.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3754 Comments. 188 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo