Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3712 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 11:14  Blue 

Tim1_2 wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:12:
Blue, what do you generally put it on that you love?

It's more of a MrsBlue thing, as I tend to make my own spice blends, but it's my go to for rice and beans.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 11:12  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:01:
And for 2 days now I've had Green Day's Warning stuck in my head. So everyone go listen to it and get it stuck in your head as well.

Now I have this stuck in my head.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Into the Black
10. Re: Into the Black Sep 18, 2014, 08:08  Blue 

Quboid wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 08:02:
Guy Imitates Coyote Calls, Realizes Just How Many Coyotes Other Hunters Imitating Coyotes Are In This Forest.

I saw it as guy imitates wolf, realizes coyotes have the wolves outnumbered.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week Three
1. NFL Week Three Sep 18, 2014, 08:02  Blue 

Get your picks in!
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/group?groupID=59532
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/group?groupID=65534

Last weekend's games made me feel like a gambler chasing his losses... a terrible outcome in the early games gave way to hopes for an afternoon rebound which didn't materialize. I felt good about the Sunday night matchup, too. Boom, another loser. At least Monday Night Football was a lock, right? Ouch. Looking over the schedule this week, there are more scary games. Maybe that's good, I should be afraid at this point.

On Sunday my Giants had four turnovers, two picks and two fumbles. Eli threw one interception that was tipped by a lineman and another on a last-second Hail Mary, to go along with Quintin Demps' first fumble since 2008 and Rashad Jennings' first fumble since 2012. For Demps and Jennings, each was only the second fumble lost in their careers, even though Demps encountered minimal contact before losing the ball, and Jennings was completely untouched. Everyone knows how key turnovers are in the NFL... sometimes you have to suspect that a higher power has money on the game.

Speaking of higher powers, I picture Roger Goodell in a bunker somewhere at this point... A couple of weeks ago I was surprised that people thought he might lose his job... soon it's going to get to the point where I'm surprised he hasn't been fired already.

Laying low would have been a good approach for the Vikings brass, as they seemed absolutely asinine at their press conference about putting A.D. on the poorly named "exempt list," as they repeated their talking points until it was embarrassing. We want to "get it right" seemed okay the first few times, but it lost all meaning when it became a mantra (oddly repeated at other pressers, as if a league-wide central talking points memo was issued). Usually it's better to face the music personally, but the not eloquent to start with Wilf brothers would have been better off hiring a PR flack for this... even Joe Isuzu.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > Amazon Orders
21. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 18, 2014, 07:44  Blue 

Will W wrote on Sep 13, 2014, 13:26:
The printer hasn't shipped yet, so maybe that was another one someone else bought? I double checked to be sure the correct one was ordered...you freaked me out. :-) Keep an eye on them and see if they disappear. Amazon applied tax yet again. Sometimes they just credit the tax but sometimes they do a return and make it a new order. No idea why they can't get the tax crap figured out.

Showed up yesterday.

Brother Printer MFC-L8850CDW Wireless Color Laser Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

A bunch of stuff from the Logitech sale, too. You guys are awesome, thanks for going though some hoops for this.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

PC Gaming > Post your FPS config - old school
2. Re: Post your FPS config - old school Sep 17, 2014, 08:12  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 16, 2014, 18:45:
Walk Forward RMB
Walk Backward F
Walk Left D
Walk Right G
Crouch S

Shoot LMB
Alternate Fire Y or 3rd MB

Everything else is open to interpretation.

Thorw Nade H or A
Last Weapon Q
Prone A
Down/Up Z
Drop Weapon X
Use/Open E

What am I missing?

It was just a couple of years ago I finally got off of using the RMB for forward that I learned from Wolfenstein... much happier that it makes it easier to pick up most FPSes and use the default config.

My big change from standards is to map crouch to left-alt, which I find easy to reach with my thumb... don't know how you're supposed to hold control with your pinkie and still work the WASD keys.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week Two
11. Ugly week Sep 15, 2014, 07:35  Blue 

I expect things to be hard to predict earlier in the season, but yesterday was nucking futs... So many weird outcomes, so many bad calls, so many high impact injuries.

My picks were a disaster this week... spread league in particular. Ugh.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week Two
1. NFL Week Two Sep 13, 2014, 11:13  Blue 

Remember to get your picks in!

http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/group?groupID=59532
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/group?groupID=65534

The Thursday night game seemed like a toss-up to me, but I was feeling the likelihood of the Ravens overcoming their off-field scandal to win. But I allowed my thought it would be close convinced me to pick the Steelers +2-1/2 in the spread league. I was contemplating how dicey it was to predict an under three-point victory for Baltimore. Then I saw that historically these games actually come down to such narrow margins, so I went with it. Oh well, I was half right.

And I think I need help... I am seriously contemplating picking the Giants again this week.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

17. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 13, 2014, 10:39  Blue 

Will W wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 14:14:
Ok, I just had our secretary use the link to order a couple of things, let me know if they show...It's a non-taxable business account, so I don't know if referrals will work or not but was worth a shot:

Brother Printer MFC-L8850CDW Wireless Color Laser Printer with Scanner, Copier and Fax

EDS16PR 16-PORT Secure Device Server Rohs

The Printer was shipped by Amazon, but the 16 port serial server was from a partner, so let me know if you get credit for 1 or both or none.

Interestingly, I see what seems to be the 16-port server, but the Brother printer I see listed is mono:

Brother Printer EHL2280DW Wireless Monochrome Printer with Scanner and Copier

Perhaps the printer hasn't shipped yet? Either way, thanks for your efforts!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 13:07  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 12:49:
There's nothing disturbing about it unless you're one of those unbalanced white-knighting assholes who think all the problems of humanity can be laid at the feet of men, and women are all pure and innocent as the driven snow.

You can have an unpleasant way of dealing with opposing viewpoints. I don't really feel like addressing this further at this point.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

14. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 10, 2014, 12:29  Blue 

Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 10:32:
Well I bought about $50 of mp3's through the link provided. Hopefully it shows up.

A bunch of MP3s did show up, thanks!

Every attempt to verify this process indicates it's working well, and I thank you all for your support. We got our approval from Amazon.de, Amazon.co.uk, and Amazon.ca, so I have added a widget with links to all of them close to the top of the front page. This seems a little cluttery, which I will work on, but it's all functioning now.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 11:12  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:07:
Women need to know when to shut up and back off as well.

You seem disturbingly invested in making this point.

Also, "mitigating factor" means a reason to give a criminal a reduced sentence. Are you really saying football players should be held *less* culpable in court for physical assaults than everyday folks?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 11:07  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 11:00:
I guess Ray Rice must have taken lessons from his mentor Rsy Lewis. He was probably planning on murdering her too and getting away with it like his mentor did. Stay classy Baltimore!

Ray Lewis needs to learn when to shut the fuck up. Not that he's capable.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2014, 10:34  Blue 

Creston wrote on Sep 10, 2014, 10:21:
Mike Vick murders dogs and runs an illegal gambling ring, and got two games.

I don't know anyone than a greater distaste for Michael Vick than me, but just for the sake of factuality, he was suspended "indefinitely" in August 2007 and was not reinstated until week three of the 2009 season, so his suspension actually lasted 34 games, though for a good portion of that time he was in prison.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week One
5. Re: NFL Week One Sep 9, 2014, 11:39  Blue 

1badmf wrote on Sep 9, 2014, 10:51:
are you saying that wasn't a pick? cuz from every angle i've seen, it looks more likely he kept it off the ground than otherwise.

From how I saw it he initially kept it off the ground, but before securing it, the ball was it rolling on the ground with his hand off of it.

Screencap:

http://www.bluesnews.com/screenshots/games/misc/20140909/

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week One
1. NFL Week One Sep 9, 2014, 08:46  Blue 

I picked up nine wins in each league, which is weird... obviously I'm ranked higher in the spread league than the straight one.

It took me most of the season last year to get away from picking the Giants based on emotion. I think that took one week this year. And while they probably would have lost anyway, the interception call against Eli where the ball rolled on the ground still makes me mad.

Damn, did the Seahawks look awesome. It's a long season, but they served some notice.

Damn, did the Cowboys look bad. They served some notice it's going to be a long season.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

21. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 6, 2014, 12:15  Blue 

Sepharo wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 21:22:
Ah even Bluesnews got hit with this weird font stuff from Chrome.
Turn off your auto update if you don't want font weirdness on like 50% of sites right now.

Linked to an article on this recently:

The latest version (37) of Google Chrome uses DirectWrite for font rendering on Windows PCs. DirectWrite is a DirectX API made for the purpose of high-quality, resolution-independent text rendering. On paper it sounds great, but some people might not like the new fonts appearance (blurry text on some websites). Here we'll show you how to disable DirectWrite.

1. Navigate to "chrome://flags" using the address bar.
2. Locate "Disable DirectWrite" and press on the "Enable" button just beneath it.
3. Close and relaunch Google Chrome.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

12. Re: Amazon Orders Sep 6, 2014, 11:45  Blue 

Prez wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 20:40:
This may have been covered already but do digital items like e-books and mp3's count too?

Yes they do... there are surprisingly few exclusions. Here's what will *not* qualify:

• any product or service sold on a site linked to from the Amazon Site (e.g., a product or service listed through our “Product Ads” program or sold on a site linked to from a banner ad, sponsored link, or other link displayed on the Amazon Site);

• any wireless service plan offered through the Amazon Site and not sold or fulfilled by us;

• any product, including games and other applications, sold through the Amazon Appstore for Android;

• any product sold on fresh.amazon.com;

• any alcoholic beverage product;

• any digital Kindle product purchased as a subscription (e.g., Kindle newspaper subscriptions, magazine subscriptions, blog subscriptions, etc.);
  •  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2014, 16:10  Blue 

garrywong wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 15:22:
    The cookie comes from Blues? Or from Amazon? I browse with cookies disabled, and would like to know which site to put as exception.

The cookies for this come from Amazon.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2014, 15:57  Blue 

Sleeeeepy wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 15:24:
    Blue wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:37:
    No, each Amazon site has a separate affiliate program.

Does it allow you, as a bona fide yankee doodle, to set up an amazon.co.uk version in addition? I think I've seen both versions on sites before and I'd be happy to use a UK one for my purchases.

Seems I can... It's still pending approval, but I now have a code for the UK affiliate programmme:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=blsne-21

And for Amazon Germany:

http://www.amazon.de/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=blsne00-21

Sorry, don't know enough German to mirror the "programme" joke.

Thanks again for the support!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3712 Comments. 186 pages. Viewing page 1.
    < Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo