Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Stephen Heaslip

Real Name Stephen Heaslip   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Blue
Email blue@bluesnews.com
ICQ None given.
Description I can make any car pop a wheelie.
Homepage http://www.bluesnews.com/
Signed On Dec 0, 0000, 00:00
Total Comments 3730 (Veteran)
User ID 2

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2014, 18:44  Blue 

jdreyer wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 13:17:
Blue, do you have a sweet tooth? You're so thin looking in your pics despite your love of all things grilled, that I figured you were more of a savory and salt man than a sweet man.

I have a fondness for some sweets, but you are right that I'm a little odd in this regard. I can't recall the number of times I've been questioned about my passing on birthday cake, for instance.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Perma-Bans Hearthstone Win-Traders
2. Re: Blizzard Perma-Bans Hearthstone Win-Traders Oct 31, 2014, 10:05  Blue 

Verno wrote on Oct 31, 2014, 10:03:
Seems kind of weird to temp ban botters but perma ban win traders. Unless they ended up permabanning botters after all, I never read any follow up on that.

When they announced the temp-bans for botting they also said botting would earn permabans going forward.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week Nine
1. NFL Week Nine Oct 30, 2014, 09:22  Blue 

Pick 'em if you got 'em.

http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/group?groupID=59532
http://games.espn.go.com/nfl-pigskin-pickem/2014/en/group?groupID=65534

Last week was a good week for the Giants (they were on a bye), but they have a tough game against the Colts this week, on Monday Night Football no less, adding the team's traditionally erratic performance on National TV to the equation.

There are some interesting games on the schedule this week, including Manning/Brady 16, the powerhouse Cardinals taking on the powerhouse Cowboys, and a usually epic Steelers/Ravens game. It all starts off with a battle for first place in the NFC South tonight... good stuff.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 28, 2014, 19:09  Blue 

nin wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 19:05:
Sony tries to pull Beyond nude shower scene reports.

That's from 2013... :)

Forget why that popped up today, but that's weird. Thanks, I killed the link to avoid confusion.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week Eight
1. NFL Week Eight Oct 23, 2014, 08:13  Blue 

Get your picks in!

Did pretty poorly last week... I'm not feeling in the groove, and the results show it.

Bye week for the Giants. Not bad timing after getting slaughtered by the Eagles two weeks ago and losing a game they should have won to the Cowboys last week.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2014, 12:30  Blue 

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 11:12:
1badmf wrote on Oct 21, 2014, 10:54:
furnaces? wtf is this, the industrial revolution?!?

Hehe, heaters? Boilers? Pick your word (How you even calling the thing that heats for heating?)

The first time I referred to it here I called it the boiler, which was what we called it growing up in Brooklyn. People acted like I made the word up.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week Seven
1. NFL Week Seven Oct 16, 2014, 09:15  Blue 

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose...

I have this superstition against changing picks after making them, since it seems like it always turns out badly. Last week was no different, as I decided on Sunday to get off the Lions based on Calvin Johnson's injury and the team's road woes and to similarly pick the Falcons against my first impulse, once again based on their disproportionate home field advantage. The two extra losses were enough to wreck my week even before the Giants put out the peewee squad against the Eagles, which was about as painful as it gets.

Okay, done looking back... onward and upward in week seven! Though it doesn't get any easier, as this week for the Giants, as they get the Cowboys, who look better right now than they have at any point since the heyday of the triplets. Yeeesh.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 14, 2014, 11:16  Blue 

NKD wrote on Oct 14, 2014, 10:50:
Don't really know how they'll do Civil War in MCU. Stark's MCU persona isn't really one to play ball with the government.

That goes with my thought that they could make a lot of sense of switching the positions of the two characters for the movie.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

21. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 14:54  Blue 

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 13:21:
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag...! You stuck up, half-witted, scruffy looking nerfherder! We're quoting Star WARS!

Who's scruffy-looking??

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 10, 2014, 09:58  Blue 

Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:52:
nin wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:42:
Creston wrote on Oct 10, 2014, 09:36:
"Your 10/10 will freeze before you get to the first marker!"

*looks at the judges*
"Okay, we'll allow it."

Also, isn't it furthest marker?

I always thought it was "first" as in "you won't last long".

I'd pop in the DVD, but I'm at work. First one to get home has to resolve this burning conundrum!

(PS, he definitely says "reach" rather than "get to" )

Reach is correct, but furthest is not.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week Six
1. NFL Week Six Oct 9, 2014, 08:51  Blue 

You know the drill by now:

Another week where it was tough to excel, so hats off to those who did... I was pretty par, one win above the average on the straight league and right on the league average for the spread league. Watching the scores in progress during the day was crazy... I'm pretty sure at one point along the way all my picks were winning and at a different point they were all losing.

So here's a weird thing. I'm listed sixth out of the seven of us tied for seventh place in the straight league. Does that mean the five players listed above me did better picking the tie-breaker score on Monday night? That seems far-fetched, as I picked Seattle to win 24-14 and the final was 27-17. Maybe it's cumulative tie-breakers over the whole season? Weird.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > Amazon Orders
25. No subject Oct 8, 2014, 07:44  Blue 

xXBatmanXx wrote on Oct 7, 2014, 21:30:
Ordered a security cam - let me know if it goes through - had issues in the past where you weren't getting my orders.

Hey Bats, thanks for your concern. A Foscam is listed from yesterday... that the one?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

2. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 5, 2014, 12:41  Blue 

bigkid66 wrote on Oct 5, 2014, 12:33:
What's with the dig at Chicago for some obit posted on a website that no one has ever heard of? Talk about classy...

Just intended as a play on the Anchorman line since it's a Chicago website. I didn't mean it as an actual insult to the city, sorry about that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week Five
5. Re: NFL Week Five Oct 3, 2014, 08:52  Blue 

Last night was one of those dangerous cases of me almost overthinking myself out of being right... As game time approached, all I was hearing was how badly it was going to rain, how Minny was running the ball really well even without A.D., and that the Packers couldn't stop the run. This actually had me pondering (see what I did there?) picking the Vikings. It's bad enough to be wrong, but being wrong after being right is one of the reasons I resist switching once I've made a pick. Whew!

Also, I think the Lambeau Leap has leapt the shark... The media's fascination with the celebration, its name, and its history has gone past tedious. There, I said it.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week Five
1. NFL Week Five Oct 2, 2014, 07:59  Blue 

Pick time!

I did okay again picking last week, and am hanging in there in both leagues so far. Picking straight winners and the spread is obviously tricky, but when you work it right, it can be very gratifying. This happened for me this week when I picked the 49ers to win outright and picked the Eagles to cover the 5.5 point spread in the game, making me a double winner when the 49ers won by five. It hurts when you get both games wrong like that, but hitting them both was cool.

I saw complaints last week about the Giants being hard to predict, I don't think you should expect sympathy from me about them being erratic, and certainly not for picking against them. But the NFL can be tough to predict all over, and there are a bunch of teams that are hard to figure at this point (are the Cowboys actually good? Are the Patriots actually terrible?). I will say that watching the G-men closely all season, they look more genuine than not at this point, and their line-play has been strong on both sides of the ball, which was the big question about them. BTW, Eli''s performance last week of 5 TDs (one rushing) and one pick should have been six TDs... the interception was a ball he put into Ruben Randle's hands in the end zone, which got knocked loose before Randle established possession.

The funniest note about the Giants' strong performance is that Larry Donnell, who lead all tight ends in fantasy points for the week, lost his own fantasy matchup for the week by 15 points because he started Vernon Davis instead of himself. Priceless.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > Got a popup today
2. Re: Got a popup today Oct 2, 2014, 07:58  Blue 

Sorry that happened, but thank you very much for all the details... these things can sometimes be hard to track down, but all that info should make it pretty easy to eliminate this.  

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

General Discussion > NFL Week Four
1. NFL Week Four Sep 25, 2014, 09:51  Blue 

Time to get your picks in, at least for tonight's game!

I did pretty well on my picks last week, but that's to be expected when so many games turn out as expected, so a lot of us had good weekends, and those at the top of our leaderboards have been picking very well.

The Giants looked good against the Texans in week three, which matched my strong feeling they would win. That confidence level is much lower for tonight's game, simply because Washington is a divisional opponent, which means there's a greater chance than usual the game will end up a close affair where any outcome is possible. Also, the road team has been blown out in all three Thursday night games this year, so there's a scary trend the Giants will have to defy to win.

The weird game of the weekend is the London game... I think it's bad enough that the NFL seems to always want to make west coast teams to play early games when they travel to the east coast, but making the Raiders travel 3000 miles more than the Dolphins for the game doesn't seem fair. Also, we want European fans to love the game and we send them the Dolphins vs. the Raiders?

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 22, 2014, 13:17  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 11:18:
Yes, it is bullshit. Complete and utter at that. Sounds like the ID assholes trying to reframe the debate posed as actual, real science.

Dunno how you got there from here.

InBlack wrote on Sep 22, 2014, 09:39:
Ok that "Free Will..." article is just clickbait, oh and its bullshit. The so called 'study' is barely touched upon and doesnt really say anything about the metaphysical free will, other than that our brains determine our behaviour depending on the sensory input. Well, DUH!! Angry

As you say, the study they point to doesn't really say what the headline says.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0010027714001462

It really is an evaluation of people's opinions about free will. Their big finding is that most people continue to believe they have free will after being told scientists can predict what they will do based on studying their brain activity before they make decisions.

I think that's actually interesting, but it's a survey of everyday people's opinions, and offers no real science, so at the very least it's mis-classified. Sorry about that.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 11:14  Blue 

Tim1_2 wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:12:
Blue, what do you generally put it on that you love?

It's more of a MrsBlue thing, as I tend to make my own spice blends, but it's my go to for rice and beans.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 18, 2014, 11:12  Blue 

Cutter wrote on Sep 18, 2014, 11:01:
And for 2 days now I've had Green Day's Warning stuck in my head. So everyone go listen to it and get it stuck in your head as well.

Now I have this stuck in my head.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip

3730 Comments. 187 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo