Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Thomas

Real Name Thomas   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname meezookeewee
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jan 1, 2004, 22:20
Total Comments 78 (Suspect)
User ID 19817

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: The 10 Greatest MS-DOS Games of All Time… Oct 22, 2011, 22:03 meezookeewee

Doom definitely belongs at number 1. I've played that game more than any other. And the sound effects during some of the levels still give me the creeps. That damn pinkie demon scared the hell out of me when I was a kid. Blood's fantastic too. Lemmings....oh, Lemmings. Good times, good times.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January
2. Re: Mass Effect 3 Early Access Demo in January Oct 21, 2011, 11:19 meezookeewee

For me, there's no point in having a demo as I'm gonna end up buying the game on day 1, so this news doesn't really affect me.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
21. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2011, 22:24 meezookeewee

Fion wrote on Oct 16, 2011, 22:09:
Despite it's issues, RAGE is a hell of a lot of fun.

I rather enjoyed it myself. Until the ending, which almost ruined the whole damn thing.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed
9. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:35 meezookeewee

Kajetan wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 10:32:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 10, 2011, 10:30:
Allow other players to play as the teammates you take with you on missions.
He does not want that. He does not want any multiplayer in ME 3 at all. He was very clear of that.

I'm pretty sure the multi-player aspect of it is going to be half-assed. BioWare has not proven themselves with multi-player gaming even with The Old Republic coming out soon.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed
5. Re: Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer Confirmed Oct 10, 2011, 10:32 meezookeewee

As long as it doesn't affect the single-player portion of the game, I don't really care. I'm suspecting that this is why the game was delayed. But yeah, Multiplayer does NOT belong in a Mass Effect game.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week
3. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week Oct 5, 2011, 21:31 meezookeewee

Honestly, I don't know why they bother. The game's not worth the effort to keep it going. It's not the most worthless game, but honestly, there is NO reason to keep supporting it. Put all that effort towards making a Duke Nukem game that's actually worth playing.  

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Sep 11, 2011, 00:42 meezookeewee

Presumably involves drinking margaritas while dodging pop-top hazards…

Am I the only one who actually read that as "Presumably involves drinking margaritas while dodging pop-tart hazards?

News Comments > Into the Black
9. Re: Into the Black Aug 31, 2011, 01:48 meezookeewee

Personally, I rather enjoyed Tron Legacy a great deal. I thought it was very well done. Visually, anyway. CGI-Jeff Bridges was a little off-putting though, but his performance was fantastic. I certainly wouldn't say Legacy was without its problems, it certainly had those, but I thought it was a lot of fun. The original film is a classic, despite its cheesiness.  

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Into the Black Aug 26, 2011, 00:51 meezookeewee

space captain wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 23:19:

in general i dont think people are smart enough to write a good time travel or parallel dimension story - its almost always super contrived and absurdly myopic... there are exceptions but they are rare imo

While I certainly disagree with you about Abrams' film, you are right about one thing, that people can't really write good stories about time travel without them being clichéd. Especially when it comes to people coming from the future. It's a paradox. But then again, I personally tend to ignore such contrivances, and enjoy the film at hand. As for a new Star Trek series? I'm taking a wait and see approach. Last real good Trek series was Deep Space Nine, at least until the final season.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2011, 12:03 meezookeewee

8 Terrible Levels in Great Games

That last one in God of War, was initially frustrating, but once you figure out the pattern, it's a cake walk. Personally, I thought that the Challenge of Poseidon was a pain in the ass.

News Comments > GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
31. Re: GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 25, 2011, 10:46 meezookeewee

Tumbler wrote on Aug 25, 2011, 10:15:
And Consumers? I think consumers would be better served buying the game elsewhere and getting the onlive code with purchase as intended. I don't think selling consumers an incomplete product as new when everyone else has it new and in complete condition is a benefit to them.

It isn't. It's a deceptive business practice. They're lying to the customers. And selling an incomplete product at full price. That doesn't benefit ANYBODY.

News Comments > GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution
6. Re: GameStop Stops Selling Physical Copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution Aug 24, 2011, 20:37 meezookeewee

Kobalt wrote on Aug 24, 2011, 20:28:
Really hope gamestop goes under, one of the most shady companies out there.

They also treat their customers like shit. And while some of the customers are dumb-asses, you shouldn't actually tell them that when they're standing in front of you and other people. I've been telling my friends to not go to GameStop, even for used games. You get a better deal on Amazon. And yes, my last experience at GameStop was NOT a positive one. So, yeah: Fuck GameStop.

News Comments > On Origin Data-Mining
15. Re: On Origin Data-Mining Aug 23, 2011, 23:39 meezookeewee

Honestly, are people having a difficult time reading? It says in bold, "IF YOU DO NOT WANT EA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE, TRANSMIT OR DISPLAY THE DATE DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE." If you don't agree with it, don't use it! Considering that most people don't read the EULA's before hitting the I Agree button, I don't think they should have the right to bitch about it. I can pretty much guarantee that even with this clause out in the open, people are still going to use the software.  

News Comments > Duke Reboot Planned?
4. Re: Duke Reboot Planned? Aug 22, 2011, 11:59 meezookeewee

nin wrote on Aug 22, 2011, 11:44:
It's been pretty much assumed that's why they took the franchise over to begin with.

Duke Nukem needs a reboot. Duke Nukem Forever was a failure on so many levels, it's not even funny.

News Comments > EA Revival Possibilities
42. Re: EA Revival Possibilities Aug 19, 2011, 01:47 meezookeewee

I would really love to have a third Crusader game. Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret were some of the funnest games I've ever played. I nabbed No Remorse from GOG, so I still play that one. Cheesy live-action videos are still awesome. If memory serves me correctly, there WERE plans for a third game in the series, but for some reason it didn't get made.  

News Comments > From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? [Updated]
19. Re: From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? [Updated] Aug 19, 2011, 01:42 meezookeewee

Tomas wrote on Aug 19, 2011, 01:00:
I'm a proud non-purchaser (non-consumer too for those obnoxious few of you who assume that means I must be pirating their stuff) of all Ubi products since their first mention of this abuse of their customer base began.

I wonder how many others like me are out there and whether this DRM really is helping Ubi in the long run.

Trust me, dude. You're not alone. The moment they mentioned the always-on DRM, I basically said, "Fuck you, Ubisoft." I have not bought a single thing from them since. The games I have from them, including the original Assassin's Creed, I'm keeping because they were released prior to this horseshit DRM. Why people tolerate this crap is beyond me.

7. Re: From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? Aug 18, 2011, 22:39 meezookeewee

Cutter wrote on Aug 18, 2011, 22:19:
Sit Ubi sit! Bad dog!

This is a rabid dog that needs to be put down.

4. Re: From Dust DRM Dust Up - Refunds Offered? Aug 18, 2011, 22:09 meezookeewee

Well, that settles it. I will never buy a game from UbiSoft again. Even if they do drop that ridiculous DRM, the fact that they blatantly lied to everyone about the game's DRM? I agree with nin, don't waste your money.  

News Comments > Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed
5. Re: Driver: San Francisco DRM Relaxed Aug 18, 2011, 12:10 meezookeewee

This is better, but Ubisoft seems to be flip-flopping on this issue. Some of their new games will require you to be on-line at ALL times, and others, you only need to sign in. I would rather Ubisoft do with their games what Blizzard did for StarCraft II, Login once every 30 days. I don't think that would be unreasonable. Of course, the best solution is to not have that kind of DRM at all, but UbiSoft won't do that.  

News Comments > Duke3D a Good Old Game
42. Re: Duke3D, Good Old Game Feb 27, 2009, 00:16 meezookeewee

Awesome. It's been forever since I've played Blake Stone. Awesome game. Rise of the Triad was one of my ABSOLUTE favorite games back in the day. I've been a member of GOG for a while now, and I have to say they have done an impressive job so far. It's going to be a while, but I hope they get access to Crusader: No Remorse and No Regret. Those two games were awesome.  

78 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo