Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for pagb

Real Name pagb   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 29, 2003, 03:46
Total Comments 149 (Novice)
User ID 19796

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

News Comments > Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video
1. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 10:00 pagb

Well, the Hunter mode is kinda entertaining... But after C2, I won't be paying more than 5$ for anything coming from Crytek.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta
15. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 19:24 pagb

Why they go with Crysis open beta again? Back with the 2nd it exposed a shitload of issues that made it pristine/untouched to retail... until well a month after release.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Open Beta This Month
4. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta This Month Jan 28, 2013, 12:55 pagb

Why they even do beta? They didn't fix ANYTHING AT ALL from Crysis 2 beta, with rampant cheating and unfixed glitches that prevailed until well a month after retail was shipped.  

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta
24. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 24, 2013, 17:20 pagb

Ant wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 15:47:
Undocumented Alien wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 13:43:
I tried this a few months ago, thought that it was a very slow game and it didn't pull me in. But... since it's F2P, and they have worked on it for a bit since then, I'll give it another try.
F2P? Then, I will skip its beta then.
All the microtransactions are cosmetic, well you can purchase 2 additional stash tabs, and more character slots... but you begin with enough of both.

18. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 24, 2013, 10:59 pagb

Ant wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 10:36:
Uh, where's the open beta stuff? I want to play! I think I signed up months ago, but nothing about it after it.
Download the client, login, play

15. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta Jan 24, 2013, 09:41 pagb

It's fine, but it's not the super-duper-son-of-diablo2-messiah-thing everyone hypes about... Still WAY behind D2. Will provide a couple of weeks of entertaining tough.

Also I don't understand all the hype about the PASSIVE tree, because everyone calling it "skill tree" is hugely misleading. It's a "passive skill tree", so all those spots in the tree are things like "+10int" or "+3% fire damage"... ultimately you can reach spots with bigger bonuses, or about 20 major passives, but that's it. Calling it skill (ot talent) tree makes it seem a lot better than it really is.

The skill gems touch is nice, but it's like D3 skills+rune implemented into items, making it harder to people to get into... and can lead people into make huge mistakes, like selling items with leveled gems socketed.

Also I read people praising the "smooth launch"... WHAT?! I logged in 2 minutes before opening and I was like 3100th in queue, if they can't handle that, they'd better leave bussiness. The servers crashed after playing for like 3 hours, it's not hard to get out of sync with the server, and I spent 1 hour to download a 7mb patch.

I think people is trying too hard to like this game :/

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2013, 11:01.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic
1. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 09:08 pagb

Awesome! Won't be buying  

News Comments > Flashback HD Remake Planned?
11. Re: Flashback HD Remake Planned? Jan 22, 2013, 05:50 pagb

Don't need it, bough the Genesis/Megadrive cartridge last month  

News Comments > EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs
38. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 20, 2013, 18:13 pagb

They definetly went nuts. Banning over a BETA? nonsense!  

News Comments > BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs
4. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 12:29 pagb

Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
Yeah, sure

News Comments > Path of Exile Open Beta This Month
1. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta This Month Jan 10, 2013, 09:33 pagb

So... is it any good? I managed to try for a couple hours it during one of the free weekends and left me pretty "meh".  

News Comments > NVIDIA Portable Announced
5. Re: NVIDIA Portable Announced Jan 7, 2013, 09:50 pagb

Looks uncomfortable as a controller... and it must weight a lot!  

News Comments > GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues
28. Re: GOG.com Sale Concluding; Steam Sale Continues Jan 2, 2013, 16:11 pagb

I hate Gog.com sales. I don't want a dozen games for 25$ or nothing, they never have single game offers for a big portion of their catalog.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers
52. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 19, 2012, 15:34 pagb

Prez wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 05:11:
I'll probably get the DLC - for the 8 bucks I paid the main game was solid entertainment. I think the hate for the game itself was a little over-blown but people tend to expect more from id despite the fact they consistently under-deliver because of the way they revolutionized gaming long ago. It helps to remember that id lost its magic years ago, and that above average is the best they can really aspire to. Given that, RAGE was enjoyable enough.
pagb wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 19:40:

At least I enjoy Rage over the sheer borefest that is Borderlands... I got the 2nd one free with my new videocard, and it still was expensive.

For me, while RAGE was decent entertainment, Borderlands utterly buries it in every conceivable way. RAGE's world was completely lifeless and dull despite having some decent action and races. Borderlands world felt alive and exciting.
+1 to your first paragraph, if only we could have more decent, entertaining, well paced corridor shooters like this... you know, I'm f****** tired of being pinned down behind cover.

And about Borderlands, after a gazillion hours of WoW, me (and many people I guess) will loathe any quest desing that even loosely resembles the forementioned one... and the stupid, lame, senseless humour doesn't help at all. I remember Handsome Jack blabbering about his horse called something that wasn't funny at all... and he came back talking again about it minutes later!

Creston wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 11:34:
I think my favorite part of the RAGE launch was when Carmack said the following things (paraphrased):

1) "It's all Nvidia's and AMD's fault for not having the right drivers! The CUSTOM drivers we run it with here at the office have no issues whatsoever!"
While this is true, it's also Nvidia & Ati fault. Ati has always sucked in opengl, and they probably hadn't updated their opengl shit for years when Rage came out. Most of the offended people was also using multi-screen, and man... they always pop up with all kind of weird problems when any major launch happens.

...and Carmack opened his last keynote with apologies about this.

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 19:40 pagb

Orphic Resonance wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 19:09:
scratz wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 18:26:
Orphic Resonance wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 17:50:
pagb wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 12:01:
Haters gonna hate.

mindless zombies gonna be mindless
Trolls gonna troll.

mindless zombies gonna be mindless
Trolls gonna troll.

At least I enjoy Rage over the sheer borefest that is Borderlands... I got the 2nd one free with my new videocard, and it still was expensive.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 12:33 pagb

Verno wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 12:29:
pagb wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 12:01:
I am definetly getting this, Rage gameplay felt a lot better than most crap out there.

Haters gonna hate.

I don't think it's hate to point out Rage is an extremely unambitious game with many half baked features. I shelled out $60 for it on launch day and found it to be the definition of average. I'm a huge id fan so I really wanted it to be good but it was just really ho-hum.
Probably, that's why I almost never ever shell full price for any game unless I know for sure I'll spend a lot of time on it regardless of it's qualities.

I paid 20 for Rage, and I'm throwing more cash at it without hesitation... So it's already worth ~25-30$ for me

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - RAGE: The Scorchers Dec 18, 2012, 12:01 pagb

I am definetly getting this, Rage gameplay felt a lot better than most crap out there.

Haters gonna hate.

News Comments > Free Radical: Cancelled Battlefront III was "99% Finished"
2. Re: Free Radical: Cancelled Battlefront III was Dec 1, 2012, 15:35 pagb

Ozmodan wrote on Dec 1, 2012, 15:06:
To say he was overly optimistic is an understatement.
Yep, that video on youtube posted a while ago says the opposite

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads
6. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 23, 2012, 13:09 pagb

nin wrote on Nov 23, 2012, 12:26:
Steam or go home. I don't need Yet Another Download Client.
+1

News Comments > Ubisoft Pitching CliffyB?
1. Re: Ubisoft Pitching CliffyB? Nov 14, 2012, 09:52 pagb

Don't they have enough dramas at Ubi to hire the supreme drama queen on top?  

149 Comments. 8 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo