Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jow

Real Name Jow   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jow
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 20, 2003, 03:46
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 19744

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > TF2 War Update Details
11. Re: TF2 War Update Details Dec 12, 2009, 09:30 Jow

A skilled demo is frightening to behold and can own anything and everything - they certainly do NOT need improvement.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patched
12. Re: Team Fortress 2 Patched Dec 8, 2009, 18:20 Jow

Up until yesterday I hadn't played anything but 2fort on the same server for well over a year, based on bad experiences with random maps/players. Yesterday, however, my usual server hadn't yet updated with the patch and I needed a break from paper-writing, so I hopped on a random map running arguably my second favorite map, Badlands.

15 minutes and 5 or 6 rounds of Badlands later (math says just over 2 minutes per round), I remembered why I cut myself down to 2fort. Scout swarms, horrific or completely lacking teamwork, and bears, oh my.

Back into my 2fort cave...

News Comments > M.U.L.E. Revival Nears?
1. Re: M.U.L.E. Revival Nears? Dec 3, 2009, 15:46 Jow

The real question is, will people not from that generation be interested in playing this?  

News Comments > Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive?
22. Re: Deus Ex 3 a PC Exclusive? Nov 25, 2009, 19:25 Jow

PC exclusive? Color me interested.  

News Comments > Jeff Strain's Console Zombie MMOG
9. Re: Jeff Strain's Console Zombie MMOG Nov 23, 2009, 17:32 Jow

"This is a game that's designed from the ground up for console gamers. It's not a game that's being designed for PC and console or a game that's being designed for PC and being ported to console. Every MMO developer out there is dipping their toes in that water and finding it to be very, very chilly water, because console gamers have a very different set of expectations for how a game plays and how they interact with a game.

Somewhat ironic that this was the way PC developers used to talk until the fairly recent trend that PC titles are little more than slightly modified console ports.

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Tomorrow
34. Re: Modern Warfare 2 Tomorrow Nov 9, 2009, 14:24 Jow

More than any game in recent memory I'd love to see the PC version tank hard. Problem with that though is it'd provide justification to the bean counters to put even less effort into PC versions for sequels (if they'd even do them at all after that) and reinforce the behavior. You can't win.

Not that the PC version will tank either, cus as people are saying the number of preorders is breathtaking. Talk about operant conditioning...

This comment was edited on Nov 9, 2009, 14:26.

News Comments > Two Modern Warfare 2 Strategy Guides
4. Re: Two Modern Warfare 2 Strategy Guides Nov 3, 2009, 20:29 Jow

"Prestige". ay yii yii.  

News Comments > Activision Proposed a "Ridiculous" Budget for MW2
6. Re: Infinity Ward: Activision Proposed a Nov 3, 2009, 16:02 Jow

Out of curiosity - I'm not really up on the networking technology responsible, but wasn't the lag problem with L4D2 the result of going non-dedicated like IW is about to do?  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 Steam Pre-purchase and Steamworks Support
9. Re: MW2 and Steam Oct 23, 2009, 15:59 Jow

"creative strategist"?  

News Comments > L4D2 Scavenge Mode Revealed
11. Re: L4D2 Scavenge Mode Revealed Oct 8, 2009, 13:17 Jow

yeah, there's no way in bloody hell i'm paying 50 bucks for this one.  

News Comments > L4D2 Scavenge Mode Revealed
3. Re: L4D2 Scavenge Mode Revealed Oct 8, 2009, 10:30 Jow

THIS is what should have been in l4d instead of "survival" mode. So much more interesting.  

News Comments > Empire: Total War Patched
6. Re: Empire: Total War Patched Oct 7, 2009, 19:15 Jow

Why in the world would you pick this up if you're not a strategy fan?  

News Comments > New Battle.Net Details
18. Re: New Battle.Net Details Aug 22, 2009, 11:24 Jow

only blizzard could refer to their online gaming environment as an "ecosystem".  

News Comments > Several Years Until All of StarCraft II is Completed
25. Re: Several Years Until All of StarCraft II is Completed Aug 19, 2009, 09:31 Jow

Do you know how easy it could have been to update the graphics and add a class or two to diablo or a few missions to starcraft?

Yeah, cus that's precisely what they're doing with SC2.

News Comments > StarCraft II Peripherals
2. Re: StarCraft II Peripherals Aug 12, 2009, 10:11 Jow

*eyeroll*  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jul 30, 2009, 16:48 Jow

you are a smart man having waited until now to pick it up. Considering how awful the last five months have been post-release with bugs and balance issues I'm lamenting not waiting until saletime myself. This'll be the last Relic title (especially RTS) I pick up on release day, for sure.  

News Comments > No PC Modern Warfare 2 Special Editions
14. Re: No PC Modern Warfare 2 Special Editions Jul 30, 2009, 11:21 Jow

So Counter Strike the mod that actually spawned an entire new genre in multiplayer gaming as well as a full blown sequel is a kiddy game?

Predominantly, yes.

News Comments > WoW Sales Wow
6. Re: WoW Sales Wow Jul 29, 2009, 14:54 Jow

Gets a little scary when you whip out the math, doesn't it?  

News Comments > Dawn Of War II Patch Beta Ends
4. Re: Dawn Of War II Patch Beta Ends Jul 20, 2009, 19:16 Jow

Some of these things you've mentioned are coming - they just weren't in 1.4.2. Dropping back to 1.3.2 is troubling and I suspect very few are going to be playing the game until the final patch hits. No developer wants no one playing their game five months after release, for whatever reason, so this is a big mistake on Relic's part IMO.

Relic definitely has its hands full with this game. I suspect that their post-release plans were ambitious but did not take into account how much work this game still needed when it released. Having never really developed a product quite like this before I also suspect they're experiencing a lot of "firsts" - dealing with GFWL and patch turnaround, trying to balance a game that just wasn't done, and so forth. The effort's been admirable but ultimately I never expected the game to be so in flux and inherently unstable 5 months after release.

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2009, 19:22.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch Nears
11. Re: Battlefield 2 Patch Nears Jul 18, 2009, 20:55 Jow

BF2 was a lot of fun back in the day but its biggest failing is that it never managed to properly balance the rock/paper/scissors interactions. Choppers and aircraft own everything, vehicles own everything else, and you only generally go infantry because you can't find a vehicle. You ended up with a bunch of antitank guys running around trying to accomplish everything and... it just didn't work particularly well. Special Forces helped remedy that somewhat withthe removal of planes but certain maps still suffered due to chopper whoredom.

I hope they're better able to balance this stuff in BF3.

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo