Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jow

Real Name Jow   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jow
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 20, 2003, 03:46
Total Comments 356 (Amateur)
User ID 19744

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Patch
25. Re: No subject May 21, 2004, 21:58 Jow

They definitely should have issued an interim patch to fix the M60 problem and continued working on the network issues.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield Vietnam Patch
3. No subject May 21, 2004, 19:18 Jow

It's about... bloody... freakin... time.

News Comments > Rise of Nations: Thrones and Patriots Demo
5. Hooray. Apr 23, 2004, 16:24 Jow

more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same of the more of the same

News Comments > New BF1942 EoD
14. Re: No subject Mar 14, 2004, 23:03 Jow

Depends what you like, really. I like the depth of BF:V's gameplay, but UT has the better engine so it's a smoother experience. If you like the strategy BF1942 had to offer, get BF:V first. If you're up for a fast twitch experience, get UT.

News Comments > RoN: Thrones and Patriots Website
3. Oh boy oh boy oh boy... Feb 13, 2004, 15:25 Jow

more of the more of the more of the more of the same. Yay!

News Comments > MS Sequel Plans
6. SimCity 5 Jan 21, 2004, 17:06 Jow

Agreed.

News Comments > MS Sequel Plans
4. Age of Empires 3? Jan 21, 2004, 16:02 Jow

Christ, could I be any less interested in a game? Let it die and do something different for chrissakes.

News Comments > TRIBES Vengeance Diaries
8. Re: No subject Jan 15, 2004, 12:37 Jow

The thing is, including a single player component, half-ass or otherwise, allows them to advertise that it's in there and put it on the box. That's all they need to boost the hell out of sales. Whether people are actually going to ENJOY it is another matter, and I agree... I'd like to see the single player portion of BF:Vietnam dashed and have the development time instead invested to rewrite the network code or fix one of the billion bugs that still remain in BF1942 to this day... but it ain't gonna happen.

News Comments > Battlefield 1942 SitRep
12. No subject Jan 9, 2004, 23:59 Jow

Amen on the network code comment. I'm expecting it to remain completely unchanged for BF:Vietnam, which is a pain in my ass...

News Comments > Monday Q&As
1. Bleh. Dec 29, 2003, 18:17 Jow

Note nothing at all was said about the network code in BF: Vietnam... *sigh*

News Comments > BF1942 Patch Update
28. Re: No subject Dec 20, 2003, 15:06 Jow

If it happens when PB is incorporated then I won't be ignoring 'em.

As for Tribes 2, honestly I think it was the learning curve... and Tribes 2 was a LOT easier to pick up than Tribes 1. T2, I thought, was a great game with a great engine and I was kinda disappointed it didn't last. Whether BF or T2 was buggier... honestly, at this point I don't know. BF still stands as one of the buggiest games I've ever played.

News Comments > Predator Game Plans?
6. Re: Heh.... Dec 20, 2003, 15:03 Jow

Console only? grrr. Screw that.

24. Re: laggg! Dec 20, 2003, 09:20 Jow

The money from sales of this product is paying the people that are developing, testing, and shipping these patches. They're not doing us any "favors" by fixing things that are broken in the game, much less things that have been broken for a long time (like chat lag).

For what it's worth, I actually don't play the game anymore - got frustrated with how much stuff is still "broken" despite the fact that we're over a year after release. Ungrateful? Maybe, only cus it's too little too late as far as I'm concerned. :>

22. Re: laggg! Dec 20, 2003, 08:12 Jow

Interesting that sniper fire travels faster. Wouldn't have guessed, but despite the crazy network performance from time to time I'm still pretty consistently able to snipe people on the move from long distances.

All the people that have said the client-side hit effects are annoying are right on, though. It totally destroys suspension of disbelief for me to be in a dogfight and hosing a plane, watching pieces fly knowing he's taking no damage... or to pop a tank and hear the loud bang of the tank shell hitting but know it didn't do jack. I'd rather have no client side effects at all (although the best thing that's happened to this game is the hit indicator - keep it in Vietnam!).

14. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2003, 22:57 Jow

It's much worse in planes too, dude. You have to lead aircraft a ridiculous amount to get hits or kills, such that unless they're flying in a straight line it's near impossible to get quick kills via engine shots.

12. Re: No subject Dec 19, 2003, 22:50 Jow

Uh, yeah, actually, it IS lag that causes you to have to lead people, vehicles, and planes. Before you go off, yeah, I know it makes sense to have to lead targets to hit them, and I'm used to that. There may be some built-in "travel time" for bullets and other projectiles, but I've hosed down enough planes with pieces flying off with no actual damage inflicted and nailed so many vehicles in the ass or sides with antitank weapons but watched them drive away unscathed to know that there ARE network issues on top of the so-called "travel time" and that these network issues are so inherent to the engine design that they're not gonna change. I'm hoping they do something with the network code in BF: Vietnam but I'm not holding my breath.

356 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo