Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jow

Real Name Jow   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jow
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 20, 2003, 03:46
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 19744

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > BF2 Demo Not Exclusive
13. Re: A free demo? Jun 9, 2005, 18:34 Jow

I really, really hope this thing comes out tomorrow.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BF2 Demo Exclusive?
10. Re: No subject Jun 8, 2005, 00:47 Jow

Exclusivity is bad, mmmkay?

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Demo Plans
36. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2005, 17:33 Jow

1942 and Vietnam (the last in particular) to me were examples of games that evolved before the technology was ripe enough to do them justice. The whole virtual battlefield concept is something I've dreamt of for a long time and seeing the first serious attempts at this was both rewarding and extremely frustrating.

I still wonder if it's possible to develop engine technology that's capable of doing this type of game justice (consistently fluid, near lag-free gameplay) with the hardware we have out now. I'm hoping that if that IS a reachable goal, that we can dismiss what happened with BF1942 and Vietnam as "courageous" first efforts at this type of game and that the engine in BF2 is gonna be killer. Boy do I hope.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Movie
21. Re: bout ... to ....explODE !! Jun 1, 2005, 13:42 Jow

Learned their lesson? Both 1942 and Vietnam sold tons of copies despite the bugginess of both games on release. What kinda lesson does that teach them? "Wow, we can toss this stuff out unfinished it and people will still slobber all over it."

News Comments > Prince of Persia 3 Title?
8. Re: No subject May 20, 2005, 09:14 Jow

Loved SoT big time, having finished it, but WW failed to grab me. The combat may have been much more in-depth, but it took a few looks at the sheer number of moves available before I kinda lost interest (way too much to deal with). If I want a fighting game, I'll throw in Soulcalibur 2 or some such.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
7. Re: No subject Jan 29, 2005, 17:20 Jow

That's funny, considering I don't like CS much either. Battlefield is a fantastic concept, but the engine just isn't up to snuff, period. I want to love it, but I spend more time cursing the engine wondering how awesome of a game Battlefield COULD have been.

2. Battlefield 2 Jan 28, 2005, 23:39 Jow

Don't forget about more laggy, chunky gameplay than you can shake a stick at. That's a Battlefield hallmark right there.

News Comments > EA Holds the DICE
12. Battlefield 1942 Jan 25, 2005, 12:49 Jow

Both Battlefield games were clunkfests and I expect the next several to be much worse considering they're EA-owned now. Glad I got the Battlefield thing outta my system, cus I'm definitely not buying BF2.

News Comments > Age of Empires III Announced
1. No subject Jan 4, 2005, 22:57 Jow

Innovation. Right.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
37. Best game ever? Dec 3, 2004, 12:52 Jow

I have trouble seeing a first-person shooter in a genre oversaturated to the point of nausea as the Best Computer Game ever... but maybe it's just me.

News Comments > BF Vietnam & BF 1942 Patches
5. Re: No subject Dec 1, 2004, 20:53 Jow

It's hard for me to believe that ANYONE is still playing these. I actually miss 'em both, but so many games have come out since with significantly better engines.

News Comments > The Final Hours of Half-Life 2
55. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2004, 11:15 Jow

Regardless how much money he invested, he knew he was going to get it all back and then some... and he will. Just based on CS: Source alone the game is gonna sell 10 gazillion copies.

News Comments > Game Movies
8. Re: No subject Oct 24, 2004, 20:11 Jow

Do the positive comments mean there's hope that they've completely rewritten the turd of an engine BF1942 and Vietnam were based on?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy: The Sims 2
7. In actuality... Sep 17, 2004, 11:15 Jow

What Lucy Bradshaw meant to say is "We are excited to the verge of peeing our collective pants because we know this game is going to sell 75 million copies as opposed to the 35 million the first one sold. God damn we're good".

News Comments > Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War Demo Tomorrow
4. Grr. Sep 9, 2004, 00:08 Jow

If this is another thing requiring you to have Gamespot Complete or requiring you to install that freaking Kontiki crap I'm gonna scream really, really loudly.

News Comments > Gold - CoD: United Offensive
18. Re: Very nice Sep 1, 2004, 16:10 Jow

I play just about every FPS at a higher skill level and while they've been more challenging, they're reasonably so. The Pavlov apartment level in particular at the higher level was a complete freaking disaster because it was basically an extremely repetitive trial-and-error process to determine where every single enemy was going to come from and where the very limited health packs were.

Just my opinion.

This comment was edited on Sep 1, 16:14.

News Comments > Gold - CoD: United Offensive
9. Re: Very nice Sep 1, 2004, 14:42 Jow

I didn't loathe CoD exactly but at the higher skill levels I thought it was repetitive, annoying, and not very immersive. I've been playing FPS's for years with a decent level of skill but found myself dying and having to reload so frequently that it destroyed any feeling of immersion they tried to create... not to mention pissing me off.

5. Re: No subject Aug 14, 2004, 08:41 Jow

Amen on AvP. Someone badly needs to do one in either the Doom 3 engine or the latest incarnation of Unreal, especially now that the movie's out. Would have been nice if they came out together, but oh well.

News Comments > Impending DOOM
63. No subject Aug 2, 2004, 12:25 Jow

>"Despite the relatively low price of PC games, many gamers >are still choosing to resort to piracy rather than pay for >legitimate boxed copies," said Matt Pierce, publisher of the >computer games magazine, PC Gamer.

Relatively low compared to what? I'm sorry, $54.99 for a first-person shooter in this day and age isn't low, relatively or otherwise.

News Comments > CS: Condition Zero Patch Plans
5. No subject May 27, 2004, 22:07 Jow

They're patching this for the six people that bought CS:CZ? Funny.

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo