Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jow

Real Name Jow   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jow
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 20, 2003, 03:46
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 19744

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Denies MMO Rumors
6. Re: Hmm Jun 14, 2006, 13:41 Jow

I think I've gotta be the only one on the planet that doesn't care if Blizzard ever does anything Starcraft again.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New BF2 Map & Mode?
53. Re: ... Jun 11, 2006, 13:35 Jow

The netcode in BF1942 was a LOT worse and I'm surprised this hasn't really come up here. I have to lead much less in BF2 than I ever did in BF1942, where I'd often have to lead someone by 1/4" or so on-screen just to get a hit. I lied when I said I never had problems in BF2 - when I first started playing the demo I couldn't hit jack shit because of being so accustomed to the lead distance in BF1942. It took me a while to get used to it and I still have some difficulty hitting stuff on the run because of it.

50. Re: Battlefield 2 Jun 11, 2006, 12:41 Jow

I've never had any problems sniping in this game. I'm patient enough that I usually hit what I'm shooting at and even if I don't get kills on every one of them, I get a kill assist and it disrupts what the enemy's doing. That's what a good sniper is supposed to do, not rack up 800 kills a round.

3. Re: Infantry Only? Jun 10, 2006, 14:32 Jow

Infantry only would be badass.

News Comments > BF2142 Demo & Beta Plans
30. Re: BF 2 Jun 10, 2006, 10:21 Jow

I've had a big problem since day 1, where fairly frequently after hitting the join game button the sound will stutter and the PC locks up long enough for me to lose connection to the server and have to rejoin. This sometimes happens two or three consecutive times, so you can imagine the fun I've had waiting 10-15 minutes to finally be able to play.

1.3 has compounded this extraordinarily. Where I never had it before, now I have HORRENDOUS crash to desktop issues, such that I often have to reload the entire game and map four or five times before I finally get in. I've reinstalled the game countless times from scratch, including the most recent time four days ago (with full patch instead of the incremental) and it's still crashing on me. I suppose it's a blessing, in a bizarre sort of way, because the crashes to desktop have completely obliterated the sound stutter/disconnect problem. Look on the bright side, right?

I've been in touch with EA about this, against my better judgment, and their latest suggestion is to uninstall the game completely and redo it *again*, this time after creating a new administrator account to install it from. Huh?

I can't believe I've had the patience to put up with this shit as long as I have. BF2 is the only game I'm playing now or really have any interest in, so that's probably why.

Incidentally, with all the problems I've been having with BF2 I'm really apathetic about BF2142. Add in that I thought BF:Vietnam was a turd (it's still the only game in my life I've actually thrown in the garbage) and with 2142 experiencing the same abbreviated development cycle... someone else can be the guinea pig this time.

This comment was edited on Jun 10, 10:22.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Update
4. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2006, 23:29 Jow

After I applied the 1.3 patch, I started experiencing really frequent crashes to desktop when I'd hit the "join game" button. It got so bad, when I crashed three or four times in a row this way, that I applied the entire cumulative patch all over again. That broke the string of crashes and I was finally able to join a game again, but who the hell knows if this actually resolved the problem?

News Comments > Morning Q&As
4. Re: No subject May 24, 2006, 14:13 Jow

it's funny you mention that. For the last week or so I've been ready to give up on the game permanently, because all of a sudden I can't KILL anything. I'm having a case of "I just hit you with 8-10 rounds of whatever gun and I still died WTF?!?!?!?!" This culminated in a fight the other night when I came up a staircase behind someone, circlestrafed behind while basically emptying 3/4 of a clip at the person, getting the hit indicator almost solidly the entire time, only to have him wheel around and kill me nearly instantly. I haven't played since.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. No subject May 24, 2006, 11:42 Jow

The only problem with this is that despite catering to content suggestions by the community, NO ONE IS PLAYING THESE FRICKIN' THINGS.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Rise of Legends
6. Re: tried it twice May 10, 2006, 11:59 Jow

Best RTS of 2006? Maybe, because nothing else has showed up yet. Regardless, it's leaps and bounds better than Rise of Nations, which I really, REALLY disliked.

News Comments > BF2 Community Update
21. Re: No subject May 10, 2006, 09:50 Jow

>What's wrong with kicking non clan members out of a squad? Why would non clan members join a clan squad in the first place?

It's just kinda rude. Personally, if I see a clan squad with a few slots open I'll generally join because I KNOW that squad is playing together as a team, not a collection of guys off doing random stuff. Of course, they have no idea who I am or what my intentions are, so them kicking me is actually pretty innocent... but it still sucks.

Also:

Damn these games developers trying to improve their games. Damn then trying to remove exploits that were not intended. Damn them trying to make the game more enjoyable for the majority. People whined and bitched about bunny-hopping being removed from Counter-Strike but I'm damn glad they removed it.

I totally, totally agree. What makes me the maddest about this sort of thing is that a ton of players legitimize their use of exploits like this by claiming that since they're in the game, they must be legit and you're just gonna have to deal with it. For me pre-1.2 choppers fell into this category, even though most might not agree. Making choppers stronger than tanks is something I don't think the developers really considered the ramifications of, and the player base abused, and abused, and abused. I can't tell you how many games I was a part of that were just pretty much ruined by chopper whoring.

Anyhow...

This comment was edited on May 10, 09:55.

News Comments > Dark World Online Announced
3. Re: No subject May 8, 2006, 11:46 Jow

jesus H, isn't this like the 25th MMORPG announced this week?

News Comments > New Rise of Legends Demo
7. Re: No subject Apr 29, 2006, 00:50 Jow

You can customize where you want to install it. I know, cus I changed the default path, but i don't recall what the option was right now.

News Comments > Nintendo: Why Ask Wii?
61. Gollum Apr 27, 2006, 21:31 Jow

BTW, the Gollum line had me belly-laughing. Good job.

News Comments > Nintendo: Why Ask Wii?
60. names Apr 27, 2006, 21:29 Jow

So this does mean if I don't give a crap about the new Nintendo console I have Wii ennui?

News Comments > Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars Announced
11. Re: ....right.... Apr 20, 2006, 11:18 Jow

I don't think I buy this "innovations sell" bit. I've seen tons of innovative, interesting titles go by the wayside for no other reason than that people like their comfort zones.

As a good example of this, of the top 20 selling PC games for March, ten slots are sequels or expansion packs (which generally mean mostly more of the same). Oblivion and D&D Online (?!) take up five slots for the various editions that were released. That leaves Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, Harry Potter and WhateverArcaneSoundingMessHe'sGottenHimselfInto, a Zoo Tycoon Collection, and Star Wars: Empire at War.

Admittedly, I haven't played every single one of these to be able to comment objectively, but for the so-called "mini golden age" of gaming that some people seem to think we've been in the past few months, i'm really not seeing it.

News Comments > Command & Conquer 3 Revealed
1. No subject Apr 18, 2006, 21:13 Jow

Let's hope this is more like Generals and less like... the rest.

News Comments > Rage Hard Revealed
6. Re: Great title! Apr 10, 2006, 10:12 Jow

Raging Hardon is exactly what popped to mind here too. Ridiculous.

News Comments > State of the RTS
4. Re: I'll tell you where it's going... Apr 9, 2006, 17:25 Jow

RTS is just a label anymore, an inaccurate one at best. Subgenres have sprouted up (RTT, RTE - realtime tactics and realtime economy) and all get lumped under the RTS umbrella. I'm actually really looking forward to checking this article out as it's one of the few genres I'm still interested in PC gaming-wise... though I think it's also become one of the most stagnant.

News Comments > Rise of Nations Demo Tomorrow
21. Rome: TW Mar 30, 2006, 20:39 Jow

Amen, venomhed. Rise of anything doesn't hold a candle to what they've pulled off with the Total War series. I can't wait for Medieval 2.

News Comments > Rise of Nations Demo Tomorrow
16. Re: No subject Mar 30, 2006, 16:11 Jow

I think he probably is thinking of the Age of series in addition to RoN, because for the most part it fit very closely in with the Age games. Tons of civilizations, huge amount of research and tech to control, several different resources, very one-dimensional combat... The guy that said this put his finger on exactly why I don't like these games: there's just too much to do that I really don't care about (economy).

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo