Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jow

Real Name Jow   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jow
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 20, 2003, 03:46
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 19744

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - WoW: The Burning Crusade
6. Re: Pre-Order Jan 16, 2007, 12:27 Jow

Preordering an expansion isn't what's getting me... it's that Blizzard had developers in some LA game stores SIGNING COPIES of an expansion. eesh.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Expansions: Present and Future
6. Re: Mmmm... Jan 15, 2007, 18:34 Jow

I'm pretty blown away with the reception and hype over an expansion pack. There was a news story on the front page of one of the sections of our local paper today about the expansion and about families playing WoW together.

News Comments > 2006 Games of the Year, Part 8
9. Re: WTF? Dec 27, 2006, 09:47 Jow

I had the same issues with Oblivion, which is by far the most technically challenged of any "RPG of the Year" winner I've ever seen. I actually quit playing early due to frustration with broken quests and other things.

Keep in mind, too: this particular GOTY article is reader's choice stuff, meaning it's all been voted on.

Edit: I wouldn't disagree with Prey being FPS of the Year, cus I don't think I played a better or more interesting one this year.
This comment was edited on Dec 27, 09:48.

News Comments > Sunday Q&As
1. No subject Dec 24, 2006, 18:19 Jow

I'm not so sure I agree the market is agreeing with you, Warren. Splinter Cell *5*? Come on already.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. No subject Dec 20, 2006, 10:54 Jow

I recently exposed myself to Comice pears. They were only a buck a piece or so but these things are the best pears I've ever had. Juicy, non-grainy, ripen pretty quickly (so you don't have to wait a week for your pears to become edible)... give 'em a shot.

News Comments > Battlefield 2142 Patch
7. No subject Dec 19, 2006, 15:32 Jow

As big a fan of the Battlefield series as it now stands and EA I am NOT, I'm pretty amused at all the bullshit that shows up on these patch threads. They've supposedly committed to being much more dedicated about getting 2142 up to snuff, but when they release patches the community flips a lid. When they don't release patches, the community flips a lid. Ay yii yii.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade Patch
8. Re: No subject Dec 17, 2006, 02:13 Jow

I like what they've done with the two new races in Dark Crusade. However, the campaign missions are repetitive in the extreme, skirmishes like someone mentioned, but often longer and much spammier than the traditional skirmish. The commander customization (wargear) is pretty uninteresting because you will eventually have all the gear, so choice of gear is pretty unimportant. Overall, the campaign in DC is the least interesting to me by far.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Ps3 Developers pass Dec 1, 2006, 14:01 Jow

Why the hell would anyone buy Oblivion on the PS3? Maybe those that don't have an Xbox or a PC, but I gotta figure most of the people that really wanted to play this by now already have.

News Comments > Relic's New Frontiers
11. Re: Wow Nov 29, 2006, 00:19 Jow

There has definitely never been a perfect real-time strategy game. Not by a longshot.

News Comments > The Rise of the Witch-king Ships
3. Re: Sweet Nov 28, 2006, 18:13 Jow

Wouldn't it be more entertaining to just watch the movies at this point?

News Comments > Black Friday Previews
3. Re: Alan Wake Nov 25, 2006, 13:49 Jow

Vista only? Wow. I'm hoping that's a kiss of death myself as I don't plan on upgrading to Vista for at LEAST a year after release.

News Comments > Company of Heroes Patch
8. Re: No Comment Nov 16, 2006, 09:47 Jow

Ya know, as much as I was looking forward to Dark Crusade, it took me a couple weeks to put it down and move on. The campaign is a big spazzfest that I don't really enjoy much, and they've sped up multiplayer to the point that that's not even that enjoyable for me anymore either.

It's funny, because I remember with Company of Heroes nearly everyone I knew was complaining about a lack of a gamespeed slider and that there was always just too much going on. Going from playing Dark Crusade back to Company of Heroes, I'm pretty amused at how much more manageable everything feels in CoH now compared to DC, especially with some of the new features included with CoH (the F-key hotkeys, the unit shortcut icons on the right side of the screen, etc). Ultimately I can't help but think they might have been better served putting the development time into a true sequel (DoW 2) and canning the expansion.
This comment was edited on Nov 16, 09:48.

News Comments > The Rise of the Witch-king Gold
2. Re: What?! Nov 15, 2006, 15:48 Jow

Holy shit, 40 bucks?

News Comments > Gold - Medieval II: Total War
7. Re: re Nov 6, 2006, 17:40 Jow

I think the point is that Medieval and Rome are in a way like apples and apples... Granny Smith and Red Delicious maybe, but still apples/apples.

News Comments > Warhammer Mark of Chaos Demo Friday
4. Re: No subject Nov 2, 2006, 11:16 Jow

I'll be watching for you later, joe2tiger.

News Comments > Gold - Warhammer: Mark of Chaos
3. Re: YAY Oct 30, 2006, 09:50 Jow

I have a feeling this one is gonna be a bust, though not sure why.

News Comments > BF 2142 Collector's Edition
38. Re: No subject Oct 3, 2006, 17:46 Jow

Retail is 60 bucks for this? Are you shittin' me?

News Comments > BF 2142 Collector's Edition
15. Re: Stay away..... far, far away! More E Oct 3, 2006, 11:32 Jow

Yeah, unfortunately this is going to sell as well as any of the other Battlefield titles, which is to say pretty damn well. However, I'm grateful that for the first time ever I'm not only not fiending for the next Battlefield title but I actually couldn't care less at this point.

Yay.

News Comments > BF2142 Beta Concludes
29. Re: No subject Sep 16, 2006, 12:26 Jow

I'd be extremely shocked to see another patch for BF2 once 2142 hits.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. No subject Sep 12, 2006, 11:42 Jow

Hey Gabe... that's already going on, buddy.

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo