Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jow

Real Name Jow   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jow
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 20, 2003, 03:46
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 19744

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patch, Free Weekend Underway
8. Re: Wait a sec... May 2, 2008, 21:06 Jow

The funny thing is that after looking at the list of medic achievements when they posted it a couple of weeks ago, I knew right then that we were going to see a bunch of ridiculous, non-teamplay farming behavior because that sort of thing is necessary to complete some of the achievements. Did Valve really not expect this?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Patch, Free Weekend Underway
3. Re: Wait a sec... May 2, 2008, 20:34 Jow

good god, the number of people who already have all the weapons unlocked, the very DAY the update released... I had a bad feeling about the sort of play these unlockables were going to lead to.

Edit: okay, question - a lot of the posts on the official forums seem to indicate that a lot of folks already HAD medic achievements earned before this update. I didn't think there WERE medic achievements before the update - what's the scoop?

This comment was edited on May 2, 20:37.

News Comments > Blizzard Gets Diablo3.com (Updated)
15. Re: No subject May 1, 2008, 13:09 Jow

Does anyone actually care about a hack & slash RPG in this day and age?

Yes, yes they do. People (not me) are gonna be all over this.

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Postmortem
4. Re: Great game. Apr 28, 2008, 22:12 Jow

I don't really get this "OMG NO CAMPAIGN!!!1!1" business, other than it maybe being the most accessible offline mode. Shrug.

News Comments > Battlefield Heroes Trailer, Details
4. Re: No subject Apr 27, 2008, 18:58 Jow

Nothing but a bunch of assholes but you continue to participate? Not sure what that says about you, NW.

I don't think people are bitching about the game itself as much as about EAs lousy track record when it comes to support over the last couple of Battlefield games. It's kinda like the Gothic series - once you've gone through enough shit you really don't feel like subjecting yourself to it anymore.

News Comments > Sins Patch This Week, Ladders & More Near
3. Re: eh Apr 8, 2008, 19:51 Jow

All this talk about ranking, stats, and ladders and such doesn't mean anything when the game is unbalanced and stats so far have almost no meaning other than to prove someone has played a lot or very little.

Lack of balance aside, isn't that pretty much how it is in every other game that has rankings and ladders?

This comment was edited on Apr 8, 19:52.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Food Mar 30, 2008, 10:50 Jow

The same can be said about just about kinda food. Once you've had it "right", you can never go back.

Enjoy the trip!

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 New Content Next Month
7. Re: No subject Mar 26, 2008, 20:12 Jow

I'd care if i hadn't already uninstalled the game... twice. Game drives me bonkers.

That said, I think it's interesting they're releasing unlockables for only one class. Maybe they chose medic because it's the least-played class in the game according to the Valve stats?

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire Patch & Expansion Plans
16. Re: So What Is The Combat Like? Mar 19, 2008, 15:45 Jow

The biggest difference between CoH and SoaSE is the speed. CoH is pretty frantic and it takes a lot to keep up with everything in that game. SoaSE, on the other hand... not so much. The empire tree is designed so well imo that it's really easy to manage everything going on despite the game being real-time.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm
5. Re: Yay! Mar 4, 2008, 11:59 Jow

Not picking this one up, but I'll be curious what y'all think of it. I'm honestly a little burned out on DoW and ready to move onto DoW 2, not some half-baked expansion that can't possibly introduce balanced races at this point despite changing the game entirely for the third or fourth time (which you know is gonna happen to make the new races work).

News Comments > Aliens & Red Faction Subtitled, Aliens to PCs?
3. Re: Sounds like.... Feb 13, 2008, 23:45 Jow

I'm STILL waiting for another Aliens vs. Predator game, done right with one of the newer engines.

News Comments > Game Guidance
5. Re: No subject Feb 10, 2008, 17:30 Jow

gaming camps? Good lord.

News Comments > C&C3 Balance Changes Proposed
4. Re: No subject Jan 26, 2008, 17:20 Jow

Are folks actually still playing this?

News Comments > UT3 Beta Patch Change List
20. Re: New Demo Jan 25, 2008, 14:35 Jow

Another reason is people have already played this game, over and over? How many Unreal Tournaments can they make? They all "look & feel" so very much alike to me.

That's it for me in a nutshell. Some friends of mine and I played this recently on LAN and it was fun for a while, but at this point I could easily go without playing it ever again.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Plans
23. Re: No subject Jan 23, 2008, 15:34 Jow

Yea the spy not having to wait between sapping, just 'click click click' that fast, is a bit OP. But while the game is fairly well balanced, I think the heavy reliance and need for Ubercharge to get anywhere in a few maps is unbalancing itself. I'd prefer to see some changes in that respect.

I just actually uninstalled the game recently for this very reason. I hadn't been playing long, maybe a month, but the vast majority of the matches I'd played involved either wins by scout rushing or often excellent defense defeated by an uber or two. I learned to absolutely dread Dustbowl or Hydro for that very reason and the whole experience just started becoming so repetitive I got bored with it.

I'd definitely love to see the game become less spammy, too.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 15:35.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Soulstorm Demo
45. Re: No subject Jan 14, 2008, 18:32 Jow

Demo's okay. I played around in "battle one" which is skirmish using the Dark Eldar vs. the Space Marines. Models looked better than I expected them to since this is by another developer. Engine is starting to look dated in light of some of the more recent RTS releases. Default gamespeed is still blindingly fast and with the Dark Eldar seeming to have more unit types and options than any other race in the game, that's kinda stupid. I have a feeling that this is going to be a "fanboy" sort of expansion, with the real diehards buying in and the others who are either bored of it, just wanting to see a sequel, or something else opting out.

News Comments > Demigod Website - Gas Powered Publishing
1. No subject Jan 8, 2008, 12:50 Jow

Well, I guess after Supreme Commander one outta two ain't bad.

News Comments > Evening Previews
1. Soulstorm Jan 7, 2008, 22:04 Jow

Dawn of War was sweet in its day, but honestly by the time this expansion comes out the engine is going to be almost four years old, which is pretty ancient for an RTS engine these days. It's definitely starting to look dated to me, anyhow. I think they might have been better suited skipping further expansions to DoW and invested their time and $ into a sequel using the CoH engine.

News Comments > More Bungie Rumors
25. Re: ... Oct 3, 2007, 11:32 Jow

> I don't get this, if they're tired of making Halo >games, then stop making Halo games. Anything Bungie puts >their name on will sell, so MS will be happy irregardless if >it's Halo or some other IP.

Not sure I agree with this. How many of the millions of purchasers of this game do you think have any clue who Bungie is or what their history is? My guess is the first non-Halo project once they leave MS isn't going to sell nearly as well based on this, but don't get me wrong... I am completely and utterly for Bungie breaking the Halo chain.

News Comments > Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War -- Soulstorm Revealed
13. Re: yay! Sep 18, 2007, 15:21 Jow

disappointed too, only because i also expected a true sequel and not an expansion to a game with an aging engine, especially when Company of Heroes added so many features to the system that I think would work awesomely in Dawn of War.

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo