Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jow

Real Name Jow   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jow
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 20, 2003, 03:46
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 19744

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > BioShock 2 & Mafia II Next Year
9. Re: BioShock 2 & Mafia II Next Year Dec 18, 2008, 18:25 Jow

How do you consolize the sequel to a console game..?

Fair enough, but I'll just say this: Dead Space is also available for the PC and it's possibly the first game I've ever played that makes the mouse and keyboard feel like a clunky interface. If they can avoid that sort of shit in Bioshock 2, they have my dollar.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spore Sculptures
2. Re: Spore Sculptures Dec 18, 2008, 14:36 Jow

50 bucks? Oy.  

News Comments > BioShock 2 & Mafia II Next Year
4. Re: BioShock 2 & Mafia II Next Year Dec 18, 2008, 13:57 Jow

Hear hear... and don't go the "Dead Space" route and consolize the hell out of it, pleeeeease.  

News Comments > Age of Booty Nears?
9. Re: Age of Booty Nears? Dec 6, 2008, 13:04 Jow

THIS is the game they should have cast 50 Cent in.  

News Comments > Gabe Newell and Chet Faliszek on Left 4 Dead
15. Re: Gabe Newell and Chet Faliszek on Left 4 Dead Nov 22, 2008, 15:56 Jow

Game of the year, really? Without having played it, this is such an 'under the radar' release compared to most of the other AAA titles that I imagine calling it GOTY doesn't say much for everything else.  

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Announced
22. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Announced Nov 12, 2008, 20:00 Jow

That is what World in Conflict does. Each player controls their own little part of one army. It works pretty well but I think the devs of WiC didn't go into enough depth with the units. After a few games you're left looking for more variety and the games just boil down to battles you've seen and fought many times before.

You know, I really wanted to like World in Conflict. They did some amazingly cool things with the game but, and I agree with you 100%, they handed us the same uninspiring mishmash of generically named units that Supreme Commander dished up. So disappointing.

15. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Announced Nov 12, 2008, 15:09 Jow

SC just needs a few more tweaks and the game will be fun. It's got the foundation but without something to make it more interesting it's coming up short.

I'm pretty sure Chris Taylor thought TA wasn't quite massive or strategic enough so with SC he tried to make a product much more epic in scope. Of course it's subjective, but I think that's the main reason I found it not very fun. By going epic you lose any attachment you may have had to your units and it becomes an exercise in moving around colored blocks. Whee.

You wanna make this sort of epic strategy fest fun? Give us the option to play multiplayer cooperatively so that teammates are each managing PARTS of one big army. I can't tell you the first thing about how to approach doing that, but I'm pretty certain if they could pull something like that off it would revitalize the genre.

3. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Announced Nov 12, 2008, 09:41 Jow

oh boy. dare i hope that they get away from the featureless unit masses from the original game this time around?  

News Comments > Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor Announced
14. +1... Nov 3, 2008, 17:01 Jow

...on the Russian/Japanese comment. The game is crying out for more non-German factions.

Can't wait for this - CoH is still my top RTS of all-time.

News Comments > Kane's Wrath Patch Status
1. Re: Kane's Wrath Patch Status Oct 30, 2008, 00:56 Jow

so don't release 18 other titles when you don't have the means to support the ones you have currently out, numbnuts.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Demo Only One Week
6. Re: Left 4 Dead Demo Only One Week Oct 28, 2008, 17:59 Jow

The popups on blues lately have really, really, really been getting on my last nerve.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Demo Only One Week
3. Re: Left 4 Dead Demo Only One Week Oct 28, 2008, 17:41 Jow

is this game really all that? I've barely heard of it other than knowing that the TF2 crew moonlighted on it for a while.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Red Alert 3
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Red Alert 3 Oct 28, 2008, 13:49 Jow

If people weren't buying this simplistic crap it wouldn't get made. That's pretty much it.  

News Comments > WoW Plague Plagues WoW
32. Re: WoW Plague Plagues WoW Oct 27, 2008, 15:41 Jow

I've read many forums and listened to plenty of podcasts with avid EVE players basically all spouting the same things. They collectively see WOW as one big massive Carebear games (PVE and PVP). They feel like they can't loot the player's corpse. Or own the factions capitol cities. Or harvest resources on the enemy's lands. Basically they feel like there's no point to PVP because it's not meaningful.

THAT, in a nutshell, is why I quit WoW for the final time about a week ago. Not only is it not meaningful but on a world level it's flawed beyond belief.

News Comments > StarCraft II Interview
3. Re: No subject Oct 19, 2008, 15:24 Jow

That's what I was thinking - >= a year for a single-player campaign really does seem excessive.

News Comments > WAR Status
2. Re: No subject Oct 18, 2008, 00:21 Jow

WoW has four more years of polish on it, but I wouldn't necessarily disagree with this statement otherwise.

News Comments > Blizzard on DRM & Their Next MMOG
9. Re: No subject Oct 17, 2008, 14:40 Jow

Whatever you decide to do with DRM, please make sure that PvP in the new game is as obnoxious and lowbie unfriendly as you can possibly make it. kthxbye

News Comments > Gold - Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
26. Re: No subject Oct 15, 2008, 00:08 Jow

The genre has evolved, whether you like it or not. Calling games which have taken the original formula and tried to shake it up a bit generic is pretty silly. Personally, I like the newer style RTSs because they make me think about things in different ways, rather than approaching it from the same rapidfire, microcentric way every time. To each his/her own.

News Comments > Gold - Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
20. Re: Cutscenes. Oct 14, 2008, 17:53 Jow

It's funny - I'm even seeing a lot of this sort of sentiment about Blizzard stuff (read: Starcraft 2) nowadays, with people saying they're bored of the tried-and-true but will probably buy it anyway, largely due to the cutscenes. "I bought this to see movies, but wow look, a game came with it." Lotta money to watch some movies, when you can just hop on youtube a few weeks after release and watch them all.

News Comments > Morning Chuckle
24. Re: No subject Oct 13, 2008, 16:42 Jow

THQ/Relic are doing something very similar with Dawn of War 2 being the game will ship with only the Space Marine campaign.

That IS a good point, but only to a certain extent. Dow2 is doing a single race in a single game, with the public knowing there will be expansions further down the line to add more content. Blizzard, on the other hand, is breaking the traditional model by turning the game into a triple release so that it's much more expensive to get in on the ground level, even before you start talking expansions.

The funny thing is, as much as people are complaining, y'all are still going to be fighting tooth and nail to get in line for your copy.

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo