Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Jow

Real Name Jow   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Jow
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Dec 20, 2003, 03:46
Total Comments 357 (Amateur)
User ID 19744

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Mar 1, 2009, 11:50 Jow

Valve has for the fourth time unintentionally managed to turn their game into a wasteland of human desperation, greed, selfishness, malevolence, and irritation.

The community at-large out there is like that anyway - it just comes out more at times like these.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > TF2 Cheats Disciplined
39. Re: TF2 Cheats Disciplined Feb 27, 2009, 18:20 Jow

There are only a couple that I think aren't particularly fun to do. The rest I find pretty enjoyable, so I'm definitely not in the "this isn't fun" camp.  

34. Re: TF2 Cheats Disciplined Feb 27, 2009, 16:47 Jow

I LIKE the achievements and the unlocks as I think they change gameplay in interesting ways. That said, I also prefer to play and work toward them as I find it much more satisfying earning them the "right way". However, I'll also admit to going on empty servers with a buddy a couple of times to clear out a few of the really asinine ones (the one where you light a spy's cigarette comes to mind). *shrug*

I think the whole situation stinks and says a lot more about the quality of the people "circumventing" the system to avoid having to earn the rewards (which they are, ultimately) than it does Valve not preventing every single way of being able to accomplish this.

27. Re: TF2 Cheats Disciplined Feb 27, 2009, 16:05 Jow

This whole "one week" thing is retarded. They cheated and in my opinion should lose the ability to achieve the scout unlocks again... period.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II Patch
26. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Feb 24, 2009, 19:45 Jow

That's a pretty big issue. Is it really that hard for them to maintain compatibility?

Who knows, but in the first month with patches galore coming best not expect any replays you save to be viable for long.

16. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Feb 24, 2009, 14:39 Jow

I'm not overwhelmed by the awesomeness of the campaign like some are, but given how ambitious Relic was trying to be with this title I'm willing to forgive some of the wrinkles. There's a lot of good stuff here that I think will be ironed out with player feedback, etc. Really looking forward to the popcap patch so I can play multiplayer again and then beyond that what they have up their sleeves in terms of DLC.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II Patched
15. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Feb 24, 2009, 14:36 Jow

that's exactly how i felt about primarch - not difficult per se, but really, really annoying trying to babysit marines that are supposed to be badasses but instead are tissue-paper. It just didn't have the right feel to me, at all. Captain (hard) definitely feels better in that vein but I wish they'd come up with a different way of increasing difficulty.  

1. Re: Dawn of War II Patch Feb 24, 2009, 12:25 Jow

this actually seems to be working great for me, while others are still experiencing crashes. YMMV.

That said, one big problem down, several to go..

6. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Feb 24, 2009, 00:41 Jow

Caveman, I'd say playing Space Marines where most of your squads only have three members to begin with makes it pretty unplayable right now.  

1. Re: Dawn of War II Patched Feb 23, 2009, 21:21 Jow

too bad there are still 1 or 2 real gamekiller bugs floating around out there.  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II
21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II Feb 19, 2009, 09:50 Jow

Creston,

thanks for the tip - never encountered this craziness before. I finally gave up on it last night and decided I was going to let it run overnight and if it bombed it bombed. Just before I left for work this morning it showed about 75% complete - go figure.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II Feb 19, 2009, 00:26 Jow

There were 5 maps in the beta, with two more released in the day-zero patch released simultaneously with the game.

Y'all enjoy it. I've been attempting to download the game for the last 4-5 hours and have had nothing but problems with Steam freezing at "download starting...", getting 4 or 5% into the download, going back to "download starting", then completely starting over again, and on and on. I knew I was makin' a mistake buying this through Steam instead of just waiting until tomorrow.

News Comments > On TF2 Changes
7. Re: On TF2 Changes Feb 18, 2009, 09:45 Jow

Also, I swear the grenade launcher damage is bugged, everytime it direct hits me, even when it's a no crit, it kills me in one shot.

I've been bitchin about that for a while. I've rarely had that happen vs. soldiers but against demos it happens all the time.

News Comments > Left 4 Dead DLC & SDK Plans
9. Re: Left 4 Dead DLC & SDK Plans Feb 5, 2009, 14:05 Jow

great, free DLC - too bad half the world will have moved on by the time it arrives.  

News Comments > TF2 & Steam Updates
18. Re: TF2 & Steam Updates Feb 3, 2009, 11:58 Jow

I don't hate L4D per se but after spending fifty bucks on it I was disappointed the game didn't have more legs. I think my group played it for a couple of weeks very sparsely (starting off with a ton at a weekend-long LAN gig, which is the reason we all bought it in the first place) and haven't touched it since. Really well done game with a lot of really cool software tricks but it's ultimately a one-trick pony which got old kinda fast.  

News Comments > Left 4 Dead Patch This Week
15. Re: Left 4 Dead Patch This Week Jan 13, 2009, 15:07 Jow

I'm in the camp of people who love the game, but I've had it for less than a month and I'm already starting to lose interest. Great concept, awesome execution, and some amazing work with the AI and music controllers, but I can't see it as a game that's going to keep me interested for more than a month or two.  

News Comments > Dawn of War II: DLC, Not DRM
28. Re: Dawn of War II: DLC, Not DRM Jan 10, 2009, 15:00 Jow

Loved Dawn of War back in the day myself but I don't think it's aged well, particularly after playing Company of Heroes for a couple of years. The micromanagement and grouping aids in CoH show how lacking DoW was in a lot of ways and with the speed increase in DoW in one of the later patches I actually don't really enjoy playing it anymore.

That said, I'm so stoked for the sequel.

News Comments > It's Good to be the Lich King
17. Re: Left 4 Dead Dec 23, 2008, 18:25 Jow

yeah, i'm actually really giddy about playing as an infected for the first time. some buddies and i are doing a LAN gig this weekend, ten of us, and we're holding off on playing versus mode so we can all experience it first at the same time.

Reading about it brings back memories of the multiplayer mode in AvP2 where you had aliens hunting down the marines, both sides played by humans. It was intense and fun as hell. There's not nearly enough of that sort of mechanic in games these days.

News Comments > It's Good to be the Lich King
15. Left 4 Dead Dec 23, 2008, 17:08 Jow

L4d is a pretty cool game but I'm not expecting it to have the legs of, say, Team Fortress 2. It just seems like a game that's more about the unique cinematic experience and once the novelty of that wears off there's not much else to hold the interest.

That said, a caveat: I haven't played versus mode yet.

News Comments > Battlefield Plans
7. Re: Battlefield Plans Dec 23, 2008, 14:47 Jow

While they claim that they’ll continue to support the hardcore Battlefield experience, the head honcho that steers the franchise has stated that they’ll be focusing more on the casual and light-hearted type of Battlefield games, not a good sign.

No, not a good sign at all. I think the Battlefield series was probably the biggest gameplay innovation since Doom and seeing that go the way of the light and fluffy is disappointing to say the least.

357 Comments. 18 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo