Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1399 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jun 20, 2014, 21:57 ViRGE

I can't say I'm surprised. For anyone that has played FTL the screen size problem would be pretty obvious.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > All Battlefield Hardline Beta Weapons Unlocked
1. Re: All Battlefield Hardline Beta Weapons Unlocked Jun 20, 2014, 18:23 ViRGE

Now just leave it like this in the final version, and we can proudly ignore the mess that has been progression and unlocks.  

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
45. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 18:04 ViRGE

Razumen wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 17:01:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:40:
Jivaro wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:37:
It would make more sense to start off with default "arcade" type controls and let the simmers adjust to their wants/needs, rather than the other way around. I mean the hardcores are the ones that even understand most of those terms etc. But this is what alphas are there for and it all still looks good to me.
At the end of the day I don't particularly care about the MP portion since I don't intend to play it. But for SP I certainly expect it to behave arcadey, either innately or through the flight computer). I want to be a space fighting badass, laws of physics be damned. Having to learn how to really fly a space ship (and repeatedly fail) in an action game is not my idea of fun.

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:52:
It would make more sense to start off with default "arcade" type controls and let the simmers adjust to their wants/needs, rather than the other way around. I mean the hardcores are the ones that even understand most of those terms etc. But this is what alphas are there for and it all still looks good to me.

I can not begin to tell you people how weird it is to feel like I am nearly alone as a non-cynic with regards to this game. My wife is constantly bagging on me for being too cynical. I find it very humorous that while I am not a CR fanboy who would pay money for an autographed piece of used toilet paper, I am not any less enthusiastic about this game than I was when the project began either. I must be mellowing in my old age. (or it could be that the 35 dollar price tag just doesn't yank my chain hard enough to make me care about every little thing that may or may not be going wrong)

I'm with you. I think a lot of people are, it's just the naysayers tend to be vocal.
Agreed in full.

Meh, some of us prefer to become actual space combat badasses rather than have it handed to us on a silver platter, but to each their own I guess.
I'm not necessarily opposed to that. The problem is that fighter pilots fall distinctly into a bell curve. Most of us will never be good enough.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released
4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released Jun 19, 2014, 18:03 ViRGE

Axis wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:51:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 16:44:
descender wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 12:27:
We were too busy making these great guns worse.
TF2 as an idea and in presentation is fantastic. TF2 as a game is absolutely terrible these days.

Couldn't be farther from the truth. It's one of the only really enjoyable FPS's out there if you aren't a CODrone.
There's more to life than COD's mindless gunplay and TF2's unbalanced mess of weapons and power-ups. TF2 before it jumped the shark and added all of these weapons was an excellent game that was both varied and balanced.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released
2. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love & War Patch Released Jun 19, 2014, 16:44 ViRGE

descender wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 12:27:
We were too busy making these great guns worse.
TF2 as an idea and in presentation is fantastic. TF2 as a game is absolutely terrible these days.

News Comments > Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained
42. Re: Star Citizen's Realistic Flight Explained Jun 19, 2014, 16:40 ViRGE

At the end of the day I don't particularly care about the MP portion since I don't intend to play it. But for SP I certainly expect it to behave arcadey, either innately or through the flight computer). I want to be a space fighting badass, laws of physics be damned. Having to learn how to really fly a space ship (and repeatedly fail) in an action game is not my idea of fun.

jdreyer wrote on Jun 19, 2014, 13:52:

I can not begin to tell you people how weird it is to feel like I am nearly alone as a non-cynic with regards to this game. My wife is constantly bagging on me for being too cynical. I find it very humorous that while I am not a CR fanboy who would pay money for an autographed piece of used toilet paper, I am not any less enthusiastic about this game than I was when the project began either. I must be mellowing in my old age. (or it could be that the 35 dollar price tag just doesn't yank my chain hard enough to make me care about every little thing that may or may not be going wrong)

I'm with you. I think a lot of people are, it's just the naysayers tend to be vocal.
Agreed in full.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jun 19, 2014, 16:22 ViRGE

"Petition - Release Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC"

The fact that this petition even exists shows that the petitioner doesn't understand anything about the business. Halo is specifically not on the PC because Halo is meant to sell Xboxes.

News Comments > Watch Dog Patch Plans
5. Re: Watch Dog Patch Plans Jun 18, 2014, 22:03 ViRGE

Dades wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 19:42:
* Removed high quality PC assets that embarrassed us

- DADES - This is a signature of my name, enjoy!
No snark here; I seriously expect that they'll do this.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 13
4. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 13 Jun 18, 2014, 22:01 ViRGE

Agent.X7 wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 21:49:
Look at me, I'm so much better than this other journalist! I should write a self-congratulatory article about it!
Lousy journalists are a real problem, both to the profession and to readers. Bad interactions make developers less willing to talk to the press and lead to the press getting a negative stereotype assigned to them.

It does us all a favor when unprofessional journalists are called out and sacked.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
6. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 18, 2014, 18:04 ViRGE

SimplyMonk wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:56:
Verno wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 10:03:
It is still going to suck for third party games due to technical shortcomings though.

Ever since the Wii, Nintendo consoles have pretty much just been Nintendo Machines. I don't think there was a single Wii title I picked up that wasn't a Nintendo title outside of a few niche RPGs.
No More Heroes was very enjoyable, if it a bit trippy.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 18, 2014, 18:03 ViRGE

HoSpanky wrote on Jun 18, 2014, 12:38:
I'd like to read about the Amazon phone thing, but WSJ wants $8 a month to fill more than half the screen with ads and show me a story about a product that I'm QUITE sure there'll be more media about than I could ever consume.

Fuck you, WSJ.
This may surprise you, but providing news costs money. And for real reporting like the WSJ, that's not something that ads can cover.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - NA Tropico 5 Discs
2. Re: RE: Ships Ahoy - NA Tropico 5 Discs Jun 18, 2014, 00:13 ViRGE

Rigs wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 22:32:
Ok, call me an idiot (shut up!), but I don't get this whole 'on-disc DLC' being available in a few weeks...it's already on the disc! How can it not be available? What the hell is on the disc then?!

=-Rigs-=
The DLC is a bonus for buying the more expensive boxed edition rather than the digital edition. Gamestop and BB tend to freak these days if there's not something special about the boxed editions of games to make customers want to come to them instead of downloading it.

News Comments > GRID Autosport Street Discipline Trailer
2. Re: GRID Autosport Street Discipline Trailer Jun 18, 2014, 00:11 ViRGE

SpectralMeat wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 21:41:
They bring in these real world car racers to do the PR for this game yet the game is not a sim. It is an arcade game where the cars handle nothing like real cars in real life.
I don't understand the mixed message they are trying to go for with this game.
They can't even get the dang dashboard working properly wtf are they trying to achieve here?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it far more sim-like than GRID 2?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
6. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 18, 2014, 00:08 ViRGE

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 21:44:
2. While every other professional sport has moved to pay services like cable or satellite, the NFL makes every regular-season and playoff game available to you for FREE.

Except the thursday game - you know, the one they moved to NFL Network only....
Which is now on CBS.

The NFL really is the only league that regularly offers games over broadcast networks. MLB is entirely Regional Sports Networks and/or ESPN, and the same is largely true for the NBA.

Without the blackout rule, they'll simply stop putting regular season games on broadcast networks and move them to various subscription channels. Otherwise having all of your fans watching for free and not attending the game is a good way to deep-six your revenue.

News Comments > Team Fortress 2 Love and War Update Plans; New Trailer
4. Re: Team Fortress 2 Love and War Update Plans; New Trailer Jun 17, 2014, 21:00 ViRGE

Normally this would be the part where I bitch about Valve not making Half Life 3. But how can you object to a 15 minute TF2 cartoon?

Task wrote on Jun 17, 2014, 20:56:
ok, so there is a new character? huh?
Pauling is not new, but she is an NPC used in in the comics and other publications. Like the Administrator and Saxton Hale. As far as I know this is the first time she has been modeled though.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 10
6. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 10 Jun 16, 2014, 20:53 ViRGE

CrimsonPaw wrote on Jun 16, 2014, 10:56:
At this point I'm not sure anyone "won" E3; this year really felt somewhat meh from an excitement standpoint. I think part of my problem is that many of these shown are for games that are slated for 2015. Granted, there are a few set for 2014 but it sure does look like the pickings are slim for this year but maybe I just didn't pay as much attention to everything announced.
E3 has slowly but surely become the show where they announce next year's games. This year isn't a fluke, unfortunately. E3 2015 will be announcing 2016's games, etc.

News Comments > Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks
10. Re: Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks Jun 14, 2014, 05:21 ViRGE

While Serious Sam 2 was not Croteam's shining moment, I will give them all the credit they deserve and more for updating it to use Steamworks. Especially since the game is so old (Xbox 1 generation).  

News Comments > Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification
7. Re: Star Citizen E3 Presentation; (Lack of) OS X Clarification Jun 13, 2014, 11:31 ViRGE

I don't believe CryEngine 3 is even available on Mac OS X, is it? CIG can't do a Mac version until they have Mac capabilities available upstream.  

News Comments > It Came from E3 2014, Part 6
5. Re: It Came from E3 2014, Part 6 Jun 13, 2014, 11:28 ViRGE

Spencer explains why Microsoft didn't bring Windows games to E3.
Not to be snarky, but Microsoft makes more money off of Xbox games than PC games. PC gaming is still a profit center for them, but when it's not the most profitable gaming business it's not going to be the center of attention.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 13, 2014, 11:21 ViRGE

nin wrote on Jun 13, 2014, 09:41:

Ok, I'm only 2 minutes into the video, and the original 3-1 trick is a lot simpler...

On the one hand I'm impressed they found such a bug. On the other hand it's not so much clever as it is finding a bug (something NES games have a ton of).

1399 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo