Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1345 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC
5. Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC Jun 6, 2013, 10:48 ViRGE

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 10:18:
This is really weird. It's been out for so long on consoles and I think the sequel is due this year maybe?
Yeah, it came out almost 3 years ago, in the fall of 2010. LoS2 is still supposed to be due sometime this year.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > South Park The Stick of Truth E3 Trailer
4. Re: South Park The Stick of Truth E3 Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 01:01 ViRGE

nin wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 21:34:
Other than the last scene, this looks almost identical to the earlier trailer (from what I remember of it)...

Having said that, I'll be buying this...
Ditto. It (still) looks like a blast.

News Comments > Marvel Heroes Launches
60. Re: Marvel Heroes Launches Jun 5, 2013, 06:36 ViRGE

InBlack wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 03:45:
Krovven wrote on Jun 5, 2013, 00:42:
You support Paths of Exile, and have given them your money. It doesn't matter if you did it while it's still Alpha/Beta. They have a Pay2Win business model that you seem to hate so much. The fact that you don't understand this just goes to show you how fucking dense you really are.

Liar. POE is anything but pay to win. If you had bothered to read about at how Path of Exile works, let alone installed and tried it for more than a few minutes you would know how wrong that P2W statement is. But I suspect you already know that and enjoy lying to make yourself appear correct. I will call you out on it though. You are lying.
Although I have no need to be as hostile as InBlack, he is fundamentally right here. Path of Exile is incredibly unique in that it's a true Free To Play game without any strings attached. You can't buy characters, you can't buy weapons, you can't buy gear/gems, and you can't buy content. All you can buy are graphical effects and additional character slots. So whether you pay or not, everyone is on exactly equal footing, having exactly equal access to the same content at the same time. Buying power or buying flexibility simply does not exist.

Marvel Heroes on the other hand falls pretty solidly into the P2W category, due to the fact that you can buy characters and gameplay advantages (fortune cards).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 3, 2013, 06:41 ViRGE

Dev wrote on Jun 2, 2013, 21:51:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 2, 2013, 21:44:
Jivaro wrote on Jun 2, 2013, 17:22:
I don't know about "hate" for Alan Wake, but I will say "disappointment".
Indeed. Its two sins were that it wasn't as good as game as it was hyped up to be, and the initial shafting of PC players when it went from being a PC game to an Xbox exclusive. The latter in particular is where most of the hate comes from.
But, my understanding is that its finally made it to PC and has been enhanced over the xbox version, including full mouse and keyboard support (and configurability).
That's correct. But it came almost 2 years later. No one really likes getting sloppy seconds here.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 2, 2013, 21:44 ViRGE

Jivaro wrote on Jun 2, 2013, 17:22:
I don't know about "hate" for Alan Wake, but I will say "disappointment".
Indeed. Its two sins were that it wasn't as good as game as it was hyped up to be, and the initial shafting of PC players when it went from being a PC game to an Xbox exclusive. The latter in particular is where most of the hate comes from.

News Comments > EVE Online DDoS Attack
11. Re: EVE Online DDoS Attack Jun 2, 2013, 21:42 ViRGE

It takes a very lame person to DDoS a video game.  

News Comments > Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Box Not Empty
8. Re: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion Box Not Empty May 31, 2013, 19:14 ViRGE

Aero wrote on May 31, 2013, 15:55:
Ah, the manual used to be half of what you're buying. I can think back to games that came with 200+ page printed manuals yet the actual gameplay itself could easily have been fully explained in two or three pages. There's probably a good argument to be made that modern games can have enough depth and content, not to mention interactive tutorials, that they don't require so much outside exposition, but I still miss it.
There are also fewer technical games though. Klingon Academy came with a spiral bound manual, which painstakingly listed information on all of the ships, the weapon systems, major characters, and of course the various powers. It's something of an extreme example, but an example of a particularly dense manual that simply isn't done anymore.

News Comments > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced
50. Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 Announced May 31, 2013, 05:13 ViRGE

Wetworks wrote on May 30, 2013, 22:40:
Endo wrote on May 30, 2013, 09:39:
Whey the frack do every one of these review sites have the articles in multiple pages (some as many as 24!) with no option to view it all as one page? No thanks, I'll pass.

I'd rather they have 24 pages and a drop down list. I can't be bothered trying to find relevant information on 1 giant page. With the drop down menu I can switch between benchmarks and parts of the article I'm interested in reading.
Agreed. Being able to jump around and focus on the games/subjects I'm interested in is very useful.

News Comments > Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week
16. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 31, 2013, 05:04 ViRGE

DangerDog wrote on May 30, 2013, 14:47:
or just skip the multiplayer since it only lasts a week before people drop it.
Indeed. This DLC looks great, but I have exactly zero interest in Crysis 3 MP, so it's entirely wasted on me.

News Comments > On Sale
6. Re: On Sale May 31, 2013, 04:45 ViRGE

Well now I feel like a complete rube paying $5 for Alan Wake in the Humble Bundle sale. It looks like $2 and change wasn't all that far off from what it's worth after all.  

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
4. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 22, 2013, 20:12 ViRGE

Well at least they're consistent, I suppose...  

News Comments > Penny Arcade Episode 4 Next Month, Episode 3 Free Today
11. Re: Penny Arcade Episode 4 Next Month, Episode 3 Free Today May 21, 2013, 05:54 ViRGE

Gadzooks wrote on May 21, 2013, 04:08:
All out of codes?

Thats bogus

It should say "Limited free copies while supplies last"

To be fair, they've had codes available all day long. I didn't grab one until the evening and I was still able to get one. It would be nice if they didn't run out, but most people should have been able to get one by the time they ran out.

News Comments > Batman Arkham Origins Trailer
2. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Trailer May 20, 2013, 11:51 ViRGE

I'm trying hard not to be unnecessarily negative here. But what's the point of a 5 minute CGI trailer? How many millions of dollars did they waste on that?

It seems like that in the last few years, CGI trailers are reaching an absurd prevalence. They're the video form of a bullshot.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 19, 2013, 20:34 ViRGE

Nothing else about Origins really makes sense. But at least they had the sense to get Conroy.  

News Comments > Trion Layoffs
5. Re: Trion Layoffs May 17, 2013, 21:49 ViRGE

Squirmer wrote on May 17, 2013, 20:39:
Anyway, if 80% is anywhere near accurate, they must have had a huge number of people working on Defiance, and it pretty much tanked. I'm surprised the TV show was renewed, guess it's doing a little better.
It's the highest rated scripted show on SyFy, even if it is below 2mil. Given that and the amount of money SyFy has put into it, it's the show that was most likely to be renewed.

The only other scripted shows renewed are either dirt cheap (Being Human), or are getting an abbreviated final season (Warehouse 13).

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation May 17, 2013, 21:45 ViRGE

"Nintendo to showcase E3 games at Best Buy this year."

IMHO, short of releasing the demos to the public, this is the smartest thing any publisher has done in ages. Why limit playable demos to E3? If you want your game seen by the public, let everyone play it.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
6. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 17, 2013, 10:40 ViRGE

Acleacius wrote on May 17, 2013, 09:42:
Wondering if covello has ties to intel/nvidia and/or this is just strait up fraud.
Why would this be fraud? AMD's stock was up 82% in a month for no good reason - in fact they had just recently reported that they lost money on the quarter yet again. This doesn't seem to be anything more than him pointing out that AMD's stock was overvalued, and the stock reacting accordingly.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation May 17, 2013, 09:34 ViRGE

nin wrote on May 17, 2013, 09:22:
EA has no Wii U games in development.

Brain's foggy...didn't EA ignore the gamecube as well?

According to Mobygames they published 92 Gamecube games: http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/gamecube/electronic-arts-inc/

Which is more than the 59 they published for the Wii: http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/wii/electronic-arts-inc/

As compared to 224 for the 360: http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/xbox360/electronic-arts-inc/ (though the list is somewhat dupe-heavy due to special/collectors editions)

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
18. Re: Morning Consolidation May 16, 2013, 20:44 ViRGE

RollinThundr wrote on May 16, 2013, 18:09:
EA does something right and you're all still crying. Unbelievable, oh wait this is Blues, carry on the status quo.
Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not crying. I'm just very confused. This doesn't make any sense from EA's perspective at face value. They're giving up free money.

News Comments > Batman Arkham Origins Teaser Trailer
1. Re: Batman Arkham Origins Teaser Trailer May 16, 2013, 20:42 ViRGE

They're teasing a trailer? Oh FFS!  

1345 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo