Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1344 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD
35. Re: EA's Frostbite 3 Engine and AMD Jun 19, 2013, 02:55 ViRGE

FU wrote on Jun 18, 2013, 23:22:
Click the IGN link again. its been updated. no worries for the easily stressed.
IGN: once again proving that trolling for hits actually works.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support
19. Re: Volition Blessing Saints Row Mod Support Jun 15, 2013, 21:15 ViRGE

Official mod support in an open world game? Woohoo!

Edit: And Blue, "blessing Saints Row"? Laugh

News Comments > It Came from E3 2013, Part Three
9. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Three Jun 14, 2013, 21:31 ViRGE

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 18:53:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 16:41:
nin wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 15:53:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 15:06:
Seen@E3- Xbox One E3 signage defaced
That's just petty. Whoever did that should be ashamed of themselves.

They earned it. All they had to do was make the camera optional. Even include it in the box if they wanted, to avoid fragmenting the userbase. But they decided to be jackasses, and basically tell the customer "this is how it's going to be".

Fuck them. That's not how it's going to be.
The proper response to "they're not making the product I want" is to damage someone's property? Do you realize how absurd that is?

What property? The ad? A piece of cardboard or rubber banner?
Yes, that piece of cardboard that Microsoft paid for. Vandalizing things is a crappy thing to do, whether it's a piece of cardboard or a marble wall.

4. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Three Jun 14, 2013, 16:41 ViRGE

nin wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 15:53:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 15:06:

They earned it. All they had to do was make the camera optional. Even include it in the box if they wanted, to avoid fragmenting the userbase. But they decided to be jackasses, and basically tell the customer "this is how it's going to be".

Fuck them. That's not how it's going to be.
The proper response to "they're not making the product I want" is to damage someone's property? Do you realize how absurd that is?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
35. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 14, 2013, 16:09 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 11:02:
As for CDProject, I mean, give the guys a break. What are they going to do, NOT release on one of the two next major consoles?
Indeed. It's not a great outcome. But for a major (and expensive to produce) RPG like that, it's simply not financially viable not to go fully cross-platform. No matter how crazy MS is, XB1 is going to sell, and CDProjekt needs to be able to reach those consumers to move enough copies of their game.

2. Re: It Came from E3 2013, Part Three Jun 14, 2013, 15:06 ViRGE

News Comments > LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen
18. Re: LUFTRAUSERS Code Stolen Jun 14, 2013, 15:04 ViRGE

Ludomancer wrote on Jun 14, 2013, 11:26:
I still feel really bad for this guy. He's the most unlucky independent developer I know of. Aside from this happening to him, this is the same guy who had both Radical Fishing AND Luftrausers stolen from him by two different studios, not to mention the near-ripoff of Super Crate Box, and published before he could finish the projects himself.
Even if he made some poor decisions, the universe is out to get this guy.
Yikes! Poor guy.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 13, 2013, 09:39 ViRGE

Prez wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 04:26:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 22:43:
Lorcin wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 21:28:
But yeah long story short - event organisers are VERY protective of their event space.
Indeed. E3 costs the ESA a small fortune to put on every year, and there's always some nimrod that wants the publicity that comes from E3 without chipping in to pay for it. That nimrod this year was Ouya. It's a dick move to leech off of E3 like that and they know it.

Next year they can buy a spot and help fund the show, just like everyone else.

You call it leeching; I'm sure they call it being opportunistic. They weren't doing anything illegal.
No, it's not. But if that's going to be our standard then the ESA doing everything in their power to screw them over would also be a perfectly fine thing to do. It takes a special kind of jerk to freeload like this.

4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 12, 2013, 22:43 ViRGE

Lorcin wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 21:28:
But yeah long story short - event organisers are VERY protective of their event space.
Indeed. E3 costs the ESA a small fortune to put on every year, and there's always some nimrod that wants the publicity that comes from E3 without chipping in to pay for it. That nimrod this year was Ouya. It's a dick move to leech off of E3 like that and they know it.

Next year they can buy a spot and help fund the show, just like everyone else.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Jun 12, 2013, 17:28 ViRGE

Flatline wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 16:30:
For once Pachter and I agree on something.
I don't agree with him for the same reasons, but I suspect the outcomes are the same regardless. It doesn't look like we're getting very many big AAA games this Christmas for the Vita, and that will probably be the final nail in the coffin for it in the West.

Which is a shame. It's very good hardware, and even a price cut on the damned memory cards would have been enough to drum up some excitement and spur on sales.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding
1. Re: Star Citizen Passes $10MM in Funding Jun 11, 2013, 09:49 ViRGE

I still can't believe Roberts has been able to raise so much money. $10mil in pre-orders for a game that doesn't ship for almost another 2 years is nuts. Apparently we space sim fans aren't just desperate, but we're rich and desperate.  

News Comments > Mirror's Edge Reboot Announced
14. Re: Mirror's Edge Reboot Announced Jun 10, 2013, 21:13 ViRGE

I'm probably going to hell for this, but I never did play the original. I picked it up in a sale long ago, however I've never actually sat down and gone through it.

I should probably get on that.

News Comments > FreeSpace IP Sold for $7500
32. Re: FreeSpace IP Sold for $7500 Jun 7, 2013, 20:29 ViRGE

This doesn't make any sense. Interplay already owned the Freespace IP. That's why the game is able to be sold on GoG, and why Volition can't make a sequel. I do not understand what just happened here.  

News Comments > Saints Row 4 War for Humanity Trailer
23. Re: Saints Row 4 War for Humanity Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 00:04 ViRGE

Beamer wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 23:16:
ViRGE wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 21:41:
FU wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 12:12:
I wonder if they had a nude chick running around would it be artistic comedy or sexist.
It would involve far more censoring, which wouldn't be nearly as fun. Though I hope this doesn't mean you can't play as a female in SR4.

Why? You could run around naked in the first 3 as a female. Hell, it's part of the gameplay in 2 and 3...
I meant censoring of the trailer. For gameplay it's a hoot, especially in the Safeword mission.

11. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 7, 2013, 00:00 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 22:47:
Being able to give games to your friends is good (the 30 days on your friends list is a bit stupid, but oh well,) though the "can only give it away once" thing makes me wonder if I give a game to a friend, can he then give it away again? Or is it then forever assigned to him?
The literal interpretation is that it's forever with him, unless he sells it through an approved retailer. This keeps games from being moved among several different owners for free. At most 2 people can own any 1 copy. After that person 3 and beyond either need to buy a new copy, or pay the publisher for a used copy.

That's a nice blatant statement which is only true if said home has a dual-band router and has it set up for dual-band. I doubt many people have a dual-band router.

Actually that's not about dual band routers. That's about multiple spatial streams. 802.11n supports up to 3 streams via MIMO; each stream requires an antenna. This is how 5GHz 802.11n supports up to 450Mbps, it's 150Mbps per stream. Consumer routers will support between 1 and 3 streams, and 2 is the most common.

News Comments > Wolfenstein The New Order E3 Trailer
25. Re: Wolfenstein The New Order E3 Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 21:47 ViRGE

Would someone please get BJ a throat lozenge? He sounds terrible.

As for the game itself, I'm glad we at least got some in-game footage. But of course I want far more. So far this game is still being sold on the idea rather than the gameplay.

News Comments > Saints Row 4 War for Humanity Trailer
20. Re: Saints Row 4 War for Humanity Trailer Jun 6, 2013, 21:41 ViRGE

FU wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 12:12:
I wonder if they had a nude chick running around would it be artistic comedy or sexist.
It would involve far more censoring, which wouldn't be nearly as fun. Though I hope this doesn't mean you can't play as a female in SR4.

7. Re: Evening Consolidation Jun 6, 2013, 21:31 ViRGE

Prez wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 21:27:
publishers can block used sales

So in other words, no used sales. What publisher is going to allow used sales?
A few of the smaller publishers might. Otherwise no, most will block it. Though as PAR has noted, that's not necessarily a bad thing for the industry as a whole.

News Comments > Serious Sam 4 Revealed for 2014
1. Re: Serious Sam 4 Revealed for 2014 Jun 6, 2013, 20:29 ViRGE

Hooray!

Hopefully this is a sequel rather than a prequel or midquel. After over a decade of waiting, I want to go kick Notorious Mental's ass.

"Hey, didn't I just kick your ass two rooms back?"

News Comments > Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC
5. Re: Castlevania Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition for PC Jun 6, 2013, 10:48 ViRGE

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 6, 2013, 10:18:
This is really weird. It's been out for so long on consoles and I think the sequel is due this year maybe?
Yeah, it came out almost 3 years ago, in the fall of 2010. LoS2 is still supposed to be due sometime this year.

1344 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo