Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1345 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Arms Deal Update
1. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Arms Deal Update Aug 15, 2013, 04:33 ViRGE

I can't say I care for CS, but all the same my condolences to the CS players. Microtransactions have claimed the corpse of yet another game.

As for the keys, it seems to me that Valve has mastered the gaming equivalent of pinkwashing. Go ahead, spend money on microtransactions; (a very small part of) it is for a good cause.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World Zombination Announced
17. Re: World Zombination Announced Aug 14, 2013, 21:29 ViRGE

Ozmodan wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 10:34:
These guys are suffering from serious lack of imagination.
It's an iOS game; I think the expectations are rather low from the start. But we'll see how things look at PAX Prime.

News Comments > The Wolf Among Us Revealed
11. Re: The Wolf Among Us Revealed Aug 14, 2013, 21:26 ViRGE

Orogogus wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 17:53:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on Aug 14, 2013, 12:44:
After The Walking Dead I think it's pretty clear Telltale can make a great game out of anything, or more specifically one of the teams at Telltale can. I like Fables, too, so I'm excited.

Ya, they have some misses. The two Bone episodes were pretty meh before they quietly dropped the property, and I hear Jurassic Park is unintentionally comic. Haven't heard anything good or bad about their CSI or Wallace and Gromit games.
Wallace & Gromit wasn't as successful as they wanted it to be. CSI was reasonably successful, however that was a licensed work done for a publisher as opposed to self-published as they do with everything else, so you won't see it brought up much.

News Comments > Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014
30. Re: Xbox One Controller for PCs in 2014 Aug 13, 2013, 20:32 ViRGE

2014 is a bit of a bummer, but I can wait.

With the exception of the notorious D-pad, the 360 controller has been the best gamepad I've used with a PC since a Gravis Gamepad. And by MS making the 360 controller the de-facto gamepad for Windows, it has removed most of the annoying setup/configuration problems that used to exist with PC games, not to mention it means we get proper button icons (like on consoles) rather than generic icons. Though admittedly this comes at the cost of freedom, since so many games offer poor/non-existent support for non-360 controllers.

Still, a first-party controller that's essentially a 360 gamepad with a fixed D-pad is going to be a nice step up as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, and for anyone pondering software. XInput would need to be updated to support this new controller. Which is not hard in and of itself, but unlike the Xbox, forwards and backwards compatibility would be expected here. So MS would need to make sure it doesn't break old games, and that new games ported off of the XB1 can accept a 360 controller as well as an XB1 controller. As far as the changes required to XInput itself, most of those would revolve around adding support for the new rumble functions, along with WiFi-Direct.

News Comments > GTA5 PC Confirmed?
44. Re: GTA5 PC Confirmed? Aug 13, 2013, 19:00 ViRGE

False alarm, everyone.

Forbes

Please note, during our Thursday’s earnings call, our investor relations team provided a list of important games that gamers are looking forward to on PC this fall, and included Grand Theft Auto V on that list. This statement was made with the intent of expressing enthusiasm for the games industry in general, and was not intended to represent specific knowledge possessed by NVIDIA. NVIDIA does not have information on any possible PC version release of Grand Theft Auto or its availability. We deeply regret the error.

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday
10. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer and Previews Thursday Aug 12, 2013, 13:05 ViRGE

After GTA 4, am I the only person that doesn't have any interest in GTA 5?  

News Comments > SimCity Traffic Improvements
4. Re: SimCity Traffic Improvements Aug 10, 2013, 16:00 ViRGE

Panickd wrote on Aug 10, 2013, 14:32:
Kind of impressed that anyone at Maxis is still working on this.
Indeed. Credit where it's due: they screwed up the launch badly, but they've been making an honest effort to fix it since then. Very few games would get this kind of post-launch support.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 8, 2013, 17:26 ViRGE

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 16:26:
Verno wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 10:50:
It's the pad and the low res camera and other nonsense. The system sellers don't seem to be coming until mid to late 2014, this could be another virtual boy for them as the sales figures keep getting worse. I really hope they don't try to cheap out again with system specs on their next system, I don't think they can get away with it again.

The way Nitendo is going their next console might be their Saturn/Dreamcast swansong.
I sincerely hope not. We need Nintendo now more than ever.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Aug 8, 2013, 10:46 ViRGE

I'm surprised Nintendo is still taking a loss on the WiiU. It just doesn't strike me as being all that expensive to manufacture given the relative size and simplicity of the components. That pad must cost more than I give it credit for.  

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2013, 10:39 ViRGE

John wrote on Aug 8, 2013, 09:42:
I'm sure they'll eventually require a Gold subscription to do anything online.
We're basically already there. What's new is requiring Gold to do things offline, apparently.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 8, 2013, 08:18 ViRGE

Cutter wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 21:25:
Oh MS, lol.
Indeed. Only MS could come up with charging you for an offline feature. You have to try to be this awful.

News Comments > ShootMania Elite Guest Access
2. Re: ShootMania Elite Guest Access Aug 5, 2013, 01:15 ViRGE

I've been wanting to try it, but other than the beta they've never had any kind of demo. So it's nice they're finally letting people try the game.  

News Comments > Omerta – City of Gangsters for OS X Released
10. Re: Omerta – City of Gangsters for OS X Released Aug 3, 2013, 04:37 ViRGE

Frans wrote on Aug 3, 2013, 04:21:
Beamer wrote on Aug 3, 2013, 03:12:
You'll be one of the fastest-to-bans of any non-spambot!
Indeed.
Now that's what I call service! Thanks Frans.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Aug 3, 2013, 02:26 ViRGE

nin wrote on Aug 2, 2013, 23:51:
I went in with pretty low expectations and enjoyed it.
Ditto. It was giant robots fighting monsters; no more, no less. It won't be winning any Emmys, but it was thoroughly enjoyable.

News Comments > Saints Row IV Diary; Soundtrack Details
7. Re: Saints Row IV Diary; Soundtrack Details Aug 3, 2013, 02:14 ViRGE

Hooray, Jane Valderama is back!  

News Comments > Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Demo
3. Re: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Demo Jul 31, 2013, 22:56 ViRGE

Kitkoan wrote on Jul 31, 2013, 21:32:
Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection

Always online DRM... nice...
I wouldn't read too much into it right now. Tomb Raider has the same requirement, and that's not an always online DRM game.

News Comments > SOE Player Studio Item Creator
5. Re: SOE Player Studio Item Creator Jul 29, 2013, 21:45 ViRGE

NKD wrote on Jul 29, 2013, 21:19:
Players _making_ content is the natural extension of players _being_ content.
Whereas I've always held the opposite opinion. Players generally lack the means to create good content and the intuition to see how that content will play out. The result, especially in an RPG, will be (relatively) poorly modeled items that are not appropriately balanced and/or don't have a well designed role.

Which is not to say I'm against player created content altogether, but there's a huge gap between 3rd party mods and player content being siphoned into the base game.

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Buys Back Stock
13. Re: Activision Blizzard Buys Back Stock Jul 26, 2013, 11:59 ViRGE

Jivaro wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 11:52:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 26, 2013, 11:19:
But they get to keep their new billion $ debt.. haha... pwned by Vivendi in all ways possible....

I am sorry, I don't follow your logic. Can you explain that one to me? Vivendi can't raid them for money, now or in the future. New investors bought the stock. Those investors own that. They aren't in debt to themselves. Yes Vivendi gets the cash infusion of selling that stock, but I am not sure I follow how Acti-Blizz has absorbed any debt. Maybe I am missing something.
I believe you're correct. At first glance it looks like this blocks Vivendi's plan to raid the Activision wallet before it ever happened.

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details
24. Re: Battlefield 4 Battlelog Details Jul 26, 2013, 00:32 ViRGE

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 21:15:
These guys seem like they are outsmarting themselves a little.

What I'd really like from BF4 is the ability to setup my second MONITOR... on my PC... to be a large map with player data on it and/or a loadout screen, etc.

I don't own a tablet, and I'm not going to be using my cell phone for any game.
Here here! Half of this stuff shouldn't even require a second screen (changing loadouts while you're dead and server browsing), and the rest of it can be done on a second monitor on a PC.

News Comments > More Steam Greenlights
4. Re: More Steam Greenlights Jul 26, 2013, 00:17 ViRGE

Quboid wrote on Jul 25, 2013, 20:44:
I'm quite impressed by how Valve have made a system whereby gamers do all the work of figuring out what's good and advertising the games for free. I know it's genuinely a big deal for small indie devs to get Greenlit so I don't want to be 100% cynical but damn, Valve are getting themselves a pretty good deal.
I'm afraid you have that backwards. Games have to do all the advertising before they get greenlit. Virtually no one votes on a game by going through Greenlight looking through games (there's simply too many of them and no real ability to filter them); they are directed there by the developer.

Now it's a nice bout of free advertising after you've been greenlit. But the amount of advertising needed to make it to this point may just as well be equal to how much advertising indies had to do before Greenlight.

1345 Comments. 68 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo