Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
West Point, NE 02/20

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1470 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Holiday Auction Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week
16. Re: Steam Holiday Auction  Underway; Holiday Sale Next Week Dec 12, 2014, 04:26 ViRGE

Krovven wrote on Dec 11, 2014, 22:23:
Sometimes it really makes me wonder what kind of idiots design this stuff.
In true Valve style, only the finest idiots.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week
12. Re: Flight Simulator X Lands on Steam Next Week Dec 10, 2014, 16:52 ViRGE

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:39:
InBlack wrote on Dec 10, 2014, 09:29:
Not for me, but if you are a commercial plane fan/virtual pilot, there isnt anything else. With all sorts of nice flashy (payware) addons and mods it looks nice too.

I still prefer to launch live ordnance against other aeroplanes, (and I also dig the much better flight models) so Im sticking to DCS for now

FSX is decent.. yes.. I meant a Microsoft Studios game on Steam.. that is world ending Hell haz frozen over!
Microsoft Flight was already on Steam. This isn't quite as remarkable as it sounds.

News Comments > Quantum Rush Online Ending; Will Merge with Quantum Rush: Champions
1. Re: Quantum Rush Online Ending; Will Merge with Quantum Rush: Champions Dec 9, 2014, 19:30 ViRGE

How did I miss this? I'm a sucker for Wipeout-style games. This looks great.  

News Comments > Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris & Soundtrack Released
4. Re: Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris & Soundtrack Released Dec 9, 2014, 03:34 ViRGE

vacs wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 21:54:
Normally I would have bought this one straight away, but presently I'm boycotting all Square Enix games because they though it would be a great idea to make the other Tomb Raider game a Xbone exclusive..
You should really take that up with Microsoft. They offered SE more money than a multiplatform release would have netted them. You can't exactly fault someone for acting in their own self-interest.

News Comments > Borderlands Online Announced for China
6. Re: Borderlands Online Announced for China Dec 8, 2014, 19:25 ViRGE

Beamer wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 12:26:
Gadzooks wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 12:21:
And all hope is lost....

/facepalm

I hope one of the aliens from colonial marines has one of their spasm dances on the beds of the people who made this decision. They dont deserve any sleep after this.

You know nothing about the Chinese game market, eh?

Plus, this is a licensed game. Shanda bought a license to Borderlands and is making a China Mainland specific f2p MMO.
Seems all positive for Gearbox. It doesn't damage the IP in their core region any more than the Counterstrike Arcade Game did, and it gives them an additional revenue stream.
Indeed. It's an awful concept, but it makes perfect sense for the Chinese market.

News Comments > Game Awards 2014 Winners
15. Re: Game Awards 2014 Winners Dec 6, 2014, 21:25 ViRGE

Redmask wrote on Dec 6, 2014, 21:02:
http://thegameawards.com/jury-and-advisors/

Scroll down to advisors.

Tells you everything you need to know about this bullshit.
It's one giant advertisement for the video game industry. Don't ever think otherwise.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 4, 2014, 19:46 ViRGE

How do you do something more over the top than Saints Row 4? Clearly Volition has found a way.  

News Comments > Total War Battles: KINGDOM Announced
1. Re: Total War Battles: KINGDOM Announced Dec 3, 2014, 19:28 ViRGE

Boo!  

News Comments > London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year
9. Re: London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year Dec 2, 2014, 21:50 ViRGE

Elf Shot The Food wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 20:54:
Strange how Activision gets accused of milking Call of Duty with one yearly release, and yet UbiSoft can release two Assassin's Creed games on the same day and hardly anyone seems to care.
Mostly because they're for different platforms. Unity wouldn't have worked on the last-gen consoles, and Rogue wouldn't have put the current-gen consoles to good use. It's hard to fault Ubisoft on that one.

News Comments > Steam Broadcasting Beta
8. Re: Steam Broadcasting Beta Dec 2, 2014, 20:36 ViRGE

Overon wrote on Dec 2, 2014, 17:49:
Does it hurt fps? Bandwidth? How badly? How does it stack up to twitch?
As a non-Twitch user, what's wrong with Twitch exactly?

News Comments > London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year
2. Re: London-based Assassin's Creed: Victory Next Year Dec 2, 2014, 20:17 ViRGE

Please stop.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Dec 1, 2014, 22:39 ViRGE

Acleacius wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 21:58:
zenimax is *******, still won't put the dlc content on sale for 75%, after more than 3 years. Flamethrower
At this point just buy the legendary edition.

News Comments > Tales from the Borderlands Released; OS X Edition Delayed
2. Re: Tales from the Borderlands Released; OS X Edition Delayed Nov 26, 2014, 03:06 ViRGE

RaZ0r! wrote on Nov 26, 2014, 00:46:
Next up Borderlands Kart and Borderlands MOBA!
It's a good setting for a TTG adventure game. I'm waiting for reviews before putting any money down on it, but I certainly have high hopes for this one.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Nov 24, 2014, 07:14 ViRGE

descender wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 12:46:
They ARE sold out and people ARE buying them to use with smash brothers... so... no bullshit?

With 8 player support most people are just pulling out old wavebirds/gamecube controllers to play with more people... hence the adapters being sold out. How many people do you know that own 8 Wii U Pro Controllers?
The biggest problem with owning more than 4 Pro controllers is that this is basically the only game you'd ever want to have 8 people on a single machine. Otherwise the extra 4 controllers are redundant. So yes, reusing old controllers is more or less a must.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned
21. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Pros Banned Nov 23, 2014, 03:24 ViRGE

xXBatmanXx wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 19:16:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 22, 2014, 18:19:
Just make all tournament machines remote VMs. Then you control the hardware and software and the only advantage is ping. Like the old days.

Never understood why they didn't do this. And at LAN events, I would not give them access to the machine, just audio jack plug ins and the machine is not accessible.....I hope they all die in a fire and removed from competitive play forever.
At most major LAN events the tournament machines are provided by the host and are suitably locked down. Only for lesser events are attendees computers used.

Keep in mind that since we're talking about CS we're also talking about the crowd that still holds on to their CRTs. The input lag from a remote streaming solution would not be accepted.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault
2. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Company of Heroes 2 - Ardennes Assault Nov 18, 2014, 00:03 ViRGE

I can't decide whether I'm impressed or mortified that they have the means to put together a live action trailer for an expansion pack to CoH2.  

News Comments > Postal Redux Plans
7. Re: Postal Redux Plans Nov 17, 2014, 10:33 ViRGE

Kajetan wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 09:40:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Nov 17, 2014, 09:37:
Hell, Postal 3 never even came out in North America
It didnt? I assumed it was never released in Europe, only in NA. Was it ever released?
It was released in Russia, which is where it was developed.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds
26. Re: Assassin's Creed Unity Patch and Workarounds Nov 16, 2014, 05:54 ViRGE

Prez wrote on Nov 15, 2014, 13:04:
There was just no reason to rush this. They of course decided it had to be out in time for Xmas but it clearly wasn't worth it. Gamers buy games year round; look at how badly this is hurting their reputation. Was it worth it Ubisoft?
Games sell year-round, but game sales peak at Christmas. Market saturation/competition aside, you'll sell more if you release for the holidays than if you sell any other time of the year. No doubt someone at Ubi did the math, and the projections show that they'd make more money money releasing it now than if they had delayed it to release a better game.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
29. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 15, 2014, 08:11 ViRGE

Prez wrote on Nov 14, 2014, 16:19:
Scale is a magic word for so many cloud-based companies and services, but Beats and Spotify operate differently. Their margins don’t improve as they get larger. If Spotify bought the rights to songs for a flat rate, then every subscriber it adds would mean free money for the company. But that isn’t what it does. Instead, it spends a fixed proportion of its total revenue on royalties. So if Spotify doubles its subscriber base, it doubles the amount of money it pays out. It may be that Spotify will gain some power over the royalties it pays once it has a critical mass of customers, but right now, many people think it can never get ahead of its costs.

The worst-case scenario for Spotify isn’t losing to Apple. It’s discovering that its prize is insolvency. According to a report published by Generator Research last November, the current business model for streaming music is “inherently unprofitable.” Andrew Sheehy, the main author of the report, concluded: “Our analysis is that no current music subscription service—including marquee brands like Pandora, Spotify, and Rhapsody—can ever be profitable, even if they execute perfectly.”

Excerpt from Businessweek article in May 2014

That doesn't sound like Spotify is shafting artists while its makers go on lavish vacations in the Caribbean. It sopunds like the model is just broken altogether.
Bingo.

Spotify simply charges too little for what they offer. They've killed the need to buy CDs (or MP3s) and the amount of money they bring in is not nearly as much as those previous services were bringing in.

Music is cheaper and more accessible than any time before, which is great for you and me. But it's a real problem for the artists.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P)
14. Re: Just Cause 3 Announced (Not F2P) Nov 12, 2014, 04:06 ViRGE

I never got into JC2, though I get the feeling I should have judging from the comments.

This comment was edited on Nov 12, 2014, 05:10.

1470 Comments. 74 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo