Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1523 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 16, 2015, 18:21 ViRGE

Personally I think it's cute that they believe that Google doesn't already do this.

Google's entire business is advertising. Everything else from Android to Fiber is just a means towards increasing their reach with advertising.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Tron Game Revealed?
1. Re: New Tron Game Revealed? Feb 16, 2015, 18:17 ViRGE

Forget the games. I'll take another Tron: Legacy, or better yet some more Tron: Uprising, please.  

News Comments > Steam & Dota 2 Records
15. Re: Steam & Dota 2 Set Peak User Records Feb 16, 2015, 16:13 ViRGE

Suppa7 wrote on Feb 16, 2015, 13:21:
The masses don't have the reflexes for more complex RTS games like Starcraft. That's why MOBA's took off. MOBA's cater to the reflex retards and that's the majority of PC and console gamers sadly.

Games like Descent, Doom 2, Quake 3, Unreal 2004. Those are all high speed, high reflex, highly demanding on intelligence and reflexes to process that incoming visual information and make sense of it quickly.

The vast majority of humanity simply can't do that.
There's a huge difference between Starcraft and an FPS. The fact that FPSes don't have an equivalent of Actions Per Minute makes them vastly different. You can't just say both require quick reflexes as if they're equals, because UT's not going to reward you for moving your mouse around in a pattern as if queueing up unit construction.

News Comments > Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer
21. Re: Space Hulk: Deathwing Trailer Feb 14, 2015, 09:07 ViRGE

|RaptoR| wrote on Feb 14, 2015, 02:25:
bigspender wrote on Feb 13, 2015, 17:52:
The Emperor commands you to mute the sound in this trailer, and instead listen to the music from this trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFHKIFDjk9I while watching the Deathwing trailer.

PURGE THE ALIEN SCUM!

Man, Space Marine was a fun game. I should play through it again sometime soon
Agreed. It wasn't a deep game, but it was a fun, casual romp.

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Harold
1. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Harold Feb 14, 2015, 09:02 ViRGE

Harold, an arcade racing game

An arcade racing game? I think you need to come up with a better description here, Blue. That typically implies cars.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Feb 11, 2015, 03:58 ViRGE

nin wrote on Feb 10, 2015, 21:51:
I wonder what he'll do next...

End of an era.

Take up directing on a more full-time basis, most likely.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Feb 11, 2015, 03:57 ViRGE

Damn, wrong Reboot.  

News Comments > Ship Ahoy - Evolve
44. Re: ArcheAge Head Start Issues Feb 11, 2015, 03:56 ViRGE

Trevellian wrote on Feb 11, 2015, 00:31:
A majority of those bitchy user reviews caught up on DLC aren't even people that own the game and claim they never will, for some reason it's allowing anyone who played Beta/Alpha to place a review without even owning the actual product, it's pretty pathetic and needs to be fixed. It was Mostly Positive before Reddit nerds flooded it with negative DLC reviews, and for what, skins?

They need to fix it so only owners of the final product have reviews showing up, be it negative or not.
Well that explains why there are so many people with so many hours so soon. That's a massive oversight on Valve's part. Only owners of the final game should be posting reviews for it.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
8. Re: Evening Mobilization Feb 9, 2015, 19:13 ViRGE

ASJD wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 18:32:
Are tablets more powerful than even Xbox 360 yet? It's going to take longer than 3 years, I'd bet my life on it.
Discounting native resolutions for a second, in most metrics the iPad Air 2 can surpass the 360. However that's about the only tablet. And even then I question whether it can sustain that due to heat and power requirements to run at full-tilt.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 9, 2015, 19:01 ViRGE

Henry Dorsett wrote on Feb 9, 2015, 11:37:
Or, you know, we could be happy that we're not using Flash on YouTube because Flash is a buggy, laggy piece of shit that eats system resources like nothing else...
This. Flash has become a giant liabiltiy, and while it was crucial to internet video in the early days, HTML5 supersedes it now. Especially as flash can't support 1080p60 on YouTube.
Someone with some authority needs to tell Cory Doctorow to sit down for a while and find a pragmatic approach to this stuff, rather than a strictly dogmatic one. He's slowly but steadily approaching Stallman levels of annoying.
Also this.

News Comments > Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Announced
2. Re: Warhammer: End Times Vermintide Announced Feb 5, 2015, 10:03 ViRGE

InBlack wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 09:48:
Kind of off-topic but is there any news on that WH40K Space Hulk shooter in development that was announced some time back? I find WH fantasy rather boring, while the 40K 'verse is all kinds of cool.
Ha, I was thinking that exact same thing when I read this story.

I am always surprised when WH Fantasy games get commissioned; compared to 40K, it just doesn't seem to be all that popular.

News Comments > South Park: The Stick of Truth DLC "Unlikely"
2. Re: South Park: The Stick of Truth DLC Feb 5, 2015, 10:02 ViRGE

Verno wrote on Feb 5, 2015, 09:51:
Damned shame, by far one of the best games I played last year and one of the few where I actually wanted DLC.
It was a good game. I'm okay with leaving it at that.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Feb 2, 2015, 21:52 ViRGE

BL1 has been offline for what, 6 months? I'm happy Gearbox fixed it for the PS3, but I must admit taking so long seems to make their efforts a bit late at this point.  

News Comments > Star Trek Online Turns Five
16. Re: Star Trek Online Turns Five Feb 1, 2015, 06:26 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Jan 31, 2015, 15:49:
This is only five years old?? I would have sworn it would be fast approaching its tenth birthday.
And conversely, I still remember when this game was in development hell over at Interplay. We never thought we'd see the day where it actually shipped, let alone run for 5 years.

News Comments > Evolve Solo Trailer
2. Re: Evolve Solo Trailer Jan 30, 2015, 18:59 ViRGE

Meanwhile Evolve just went pay-to-win: Eurogamer

Keep paying money for the mobile game, get progress in the real game.

News Comments > QUAKE LIVE DDoS
4. Re: QUAKE LIVE DDoS Jan 30, 2015, 18:26 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 17:17:
djinn wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 17:04:
Jivaro wrote on Jan 30, 2015, 16:42:
*facepalm*

What an accomplishment. Whomever has done this must be super proud of themselves. /sarcasm

Another kid got his ass handed to him and couldn't handle it.

At least he didn't SWAT someone.
That comes next.

News Comments > Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop
9. Re: Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop Jan 28, 2015, 23:48 ViRGE

walrus1 wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 22:30:
How do you know this? It has always been my understanding that Apple is very very secretive about their financials. Also I've read that iTunes takes quite a sizable chunk especially in their music sales.
Apple publishes a relatively detailed revenue breakdown.

http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2015/01/piechart115.jpg

"Services" which is the iTunes and Mac App stores, was only 6% of their revenue. And periodically they also publish details about how much they've paid out to developers.

http://www.macrumors.com/2014/07/22/itunes-by-the-numbers-q3/

News Comments > Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop
4. Re: Sell Items for Non-Valve Games on Steam Workshop Jan 28, 2015, 22:08 ViRGE

Yay, I guess? At no point have I really wanted to buy random virtual goods from other people, especially when it starts mucking with game balance such as in TF2.

Alamar wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 20:47:
Reminds me of when Apple announced years back they had paid out 100 million or so to app devs...

Assuming Valve takes the usual 30%, and round it slightly to 33%, that means they've made 25 million 'free' dollars just for hosting that transaction...

Where does all their money go, if not (many) new features, or games...
Quite a bit of it goes towards paying the credit card transaction fees. Valve still makes some money, but they don't get to keep all of it.

At least in Apple's case, the iTunes store is largely revenue neutral. Fees eat most of it, the rest is spent on app advertising.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 28, 2015, 19:09 ViRGE

Julio wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 16:31:
ViRGE wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 10:17:
"YouTube app and Maps will be removed from PS Vita."

As a Vita owner this is mildly interesting, but at this point I just have to shrug.

I can't say I watch Youtube often on the Vita, but this is pretty underhanded by Sony.
Underhanded? I don't know. YouTube works just fine in the browser, though I will admit I still consider the app better. But apps require licensing with Google, and I can only imagine that Sony was paying Google for the privilege.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
5. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 10:21 ViRGE

CJ_Parker wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 10:00:
Blahblahblah blame game. If those Kinguin fuckers would REALLY properly check their sources, then this wouldn't have happened. THEY sold the stolen keys. Their problem (and that of the cheap ass gamers who bought keys through them), not Ubi's.
Agreed. Kinguin selling stolen keys is about as shocking to me as telling me water is wet. It's a given.

JeffD wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 10:15:
Sorry..devils advocate this time. How exactly do keys get "stolen" and then left in the wild long enough to be sold and used? If ubisoft is going to activate all keys before they sell them, they can't deactivate them months after.
Ubisoft doesn't know they're stolen until EA asks for some of their money back, after EA is hit with a chargeback from the original CC owners, who only initiate a chargeback after they discover their CC info has been fraudulently used. All of that takes time.

1523 Comments. 77 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo