Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1382 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Arkham Games Ditch GFWL
33. Re: Arkham Games Ditch GFWL Oct 18, 2013, 05:51 ViRGE

So how many major games are left with GFWL? Off of of the top of my head I can think of GTA IV, Dead Rising 2, various Codemasters racing games, Resident Evil 5, and Street Fighter (whose next edition drops GFWL anyhow). Am I missing anything important?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > DICE: Linux Needs "One Killer App or Game"
32. Re: DICE: Linux Needs Oct 13, 2013, 23:11 ViRGE

MattyC wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 21:45:
Dev wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 19:21:
Wallshadows wrote on Oct 13, 2013, 14:47:
I am sure all five of those who use Linux as a gaming platform would be willing to hand over the money require to make a AAA title be Linux-compatible right out of the gate.

I kid. I kid.
You may think you kid but you are actually correct.
You ever look at the humble bundle numbers? Linux users average a higher donation the mac or windows users, though they do have a vastly smaller number of purchases.

Is this a new development? In the past I thought OS X had the highest?
It depends on the game. But in general with Mac OS X getting so many ports these days, it's the Linux guys putting up the biggest individual contributions. Which is the right move on their part, but they're still fighting against much larger user bases.

High individual contributions only last so long as the platform is in the evangelist phase, which Mac OS X is past.

News Comments > Total War: ROME II Patch
3. Re: Total War: ROME II Patch Oct 12, 2013, 09:48 ViRGE

Patch 4 is out of beta already? That was refreshingly quick.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Oct 11, 2013, 09:59 ViRGE

I don't want to even guess at how much that cost them. SLJ can't be cheap.  

News Comments > Saints Row IV: Enter the Dominatrix This Month
1. Re: Saints Row IV: Enter the Dominatrix This Month Oct 11, 2013, 09:50 ViRGE

"How the Saints Saved Christmas" Laugh  

News Comments > Evening Interviews
3. Re: Evening Interviews Oct 4, 2013, 00:35 ViRGE

Paranoid Jack wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 23:44:
“We should be slapped” for BF4's unlocks, says creative director.

There fixed it...
BF4's unlocks. BF3's unlocks. BC2's unlocks.

Battlefield should not have unlocks, period. 4 or 5 classes, every vehicle has a single loadout. Win with the tools at your disposal, not for sinking more hours into the game than the next guy.

News Comments > BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam
16. Re: BioShock 2 Removes GFWL; Joins Steam Oct 4, 2013, 00:34 ViRGE

Prez wrote on Oct 3, 2013, 17:44:
The news is a bit late, but still an awesome move. Considering how old the game is they would have been forgiven for just leaving it with the unsupported (and abysmally awful) GWL. Hopefully they get respect from the community for this gesture.
Agreed in full. The game is old enough that they could have easily done nothing, so the fact that they went through all of this effort makes them an upstanding publisher/developer in my book.

News Comments > Half-Life 3 TMed
7. Re: Half-Life 3 TMed Oct 1, 2013, 22:44 ViRGE

Cutter wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 21:13:
I'm not hopeful about this. If it happens it happens, super. Otherwise forget it. Particularly if it's tied into needing their Steam OS and their gamepad or some such nonsense. And even if it does get announced in the next year this is Valve we're talking about. So you'll likely be waiting several more years after that to boot.
Agreed. If it happens I'll take interest in it when it's released; until then Valve's development cycles are too sketchy to waste the energy caring.

News Comments > Terraria Patched
8. Re: Terraria Patched Oct 1, 2013, 11:20 ViRGE

DrSquick wrote on Oct 1, 2013, 10:02:
I bought Terraria very early on, and just haven't been able to get into it. I absolutely love Minecraft, and have easily sunk 2000+ hours into it, so it absolutely is my genre of game. The biggest issue I seem to have is the graphics are so bad that I have a lot of trouble telling the ores apart.
Ditto to all of that. Despite the fact that it's essentially 2D Minecraft, Terraria never gripped me. Something about being 2D is too constraining, coupled with the fact that like you I can't tell half the ores apart due to how similar they look.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Sep 30, 2013, 20:14 ViRGE

Beamer wrote on Sep 30, 2013, 13:14:
Some games with QTEs are damn near impossible.
Some games with QTEs are absolutely vile to your hardware. Wardens in SR4, anyone? It practically requires beating up your keyboard.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
7. Re: Evening Consolidation Sep 20, 2013, 23:31 ViRGE

That's nearly 17 million units of the game moved in 3 days. Geeze...  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 19, 2013, 20:40 ViRGE

Redmask wrote on Sep 19, 2013, 20:20:
they all use pretty standard 5400RPM hard drives.
Hard drive performance increases with density, though. Specifically, sequential read/write rates. It may not make a huge difference in this case, but a 60GB HDD is definitely on the low-end of the performance scale.

News Comments > Saints Row IV "GAT V" Pack Free Today
1. Re: Saints Row IV Sep 17, 2013, 09:48 ViRGE

A knife gun. Sweet!  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed
4. Re: BF4 Open Beta on October 4th Confirmed Sep 17, 2013, 09:46 ViRGE

The poor bastards buy Medal of Honor and they only get the beta 3 days early, on a Tuesday no less? That's cold, man.  

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Sep 17, 2013, 01:49 ViRGE

If you haven't already purchased Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, do so. It's easily the best kart racer in years, never mind the fact that as far as PCs go it's head and shoulders above the other meager offerings.  

News Comments > Valve Remains Bullish on Linux
3. Re: Valve Remains Bullish on Linux Sep 16, 2013, 20:04 ViRGE

[VG]Reagle wrote on Sep 16, 2013, 19:43:
Gabe needs to be the next Microsoft CEO. He is about the only chance MS has to turn the company around.
Gabe would never work. His flat management style would mean nothing ever gets done on time, which for a company heavy vested in business software like Microsoft would be a massive issue.

As for Gabe's Linux prognostications, I still think his expectations exceed reality. I completely get why he doesn't like Windows 8; the WinRT environment completely locks out 3rd party stores. But all the same Linux on the desktop is still a distant 3rd now, just as it was 10 years ago.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
16. Re: Nice HTML tags. Sep 14, 2013, 22:44 ViRGE

nin wrote on Sep 14, 2013, 17:07:
(I understand the pun, but) I won't say all, but more than a few of these people just got their copies early. They're posting unboxings, receipts, etc...

I don't get how Rockstar thinks they have any right to restrict unboxing videos and the like. The game copies are legitimately owned, and the copyrighted material within (i.e. the game) isn't being exposed. They have no standing to restrict that kind of thing, and consequently they're being overbearing, childish bullies.

Which on that note, this tells me that they have absolutely no confidence in the game. It's like a movie: when a studio doesn't do early screenings for critics, it means they know the movie is a stinker and are trying to snag consumers before they figure out how bad it is. Rockstar is going through a lot of effort to make sure no one finds out how "good" GTA V is...

News Comments > Metro Last Light for OS X
1. Re: Metro Last Light for OS X Sep 12, 2013, 04:12 ViRGE

Given that 4A Games is such a small studio, I'm genuinely shocked that they made this one Steam Play. I'm not sure how they're supposed to be able to afford making a Mac OS X version if it's going to spur on so few sales.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Announced
3. Re: Assassin's Creed Liberation HD Announced Sep 10, 2013, 13:02 ViRGE

Which just goes to show that the original needed a bit more time in the oven. It should have never shipped with the performance issues it did. Nor with the universally reviled disguise system, for that matter.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements
19. Re: Battlefield 4 Beta Access and System Requirements Sep 9, 2013, 23:16 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 22:39:
Recommended Windows 8? Rotfl
Win8 means they can tap some of the features introduced in D3D 11.1 and 11.2, specifically the AMD GCN optimizations that were added to the API as part of the XB1's development.

1382 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo