Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1441 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > LEGO The Hobbit Trailer
3. Re: LEGO The Hobbit Trailer Dec 16, 2013, 20:10 ViRGE

The Half Elf wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 18:24:
Question is, is it the full Hobbit, or just the 1st movie?
It's the first two movies.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
16. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 14, 2013, 19:55 ViRGE

killer_roach wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 19:32:
ViRGE wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 19:18:
killer_roach wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 19:16:
Amazon does sell the 3DS directly, but not the Wii or WiiU.
Are you sure? I did a quick check and I don't see Amazon.com listed as the seller for any of the major 3DS SKUs.

I saw one when I checked earlier (in Cosmo Black), but it's not there when I went back to check (sold out?).
I suspect you may have seen an associate who uses Amazon for fulfillment.

14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 14, 2013, 19:18 ViRGE

killer_roach wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 19:16:
Amazon does sell the 3DS directly, but not the Wii or WiiU.
Are you sure? I did a quick check and I don't see Amazon.com listed as the seller for any of the major 3DS SKUs.

12. Re: Saturday Consolidation Dec 14, 2013, 19:13 ViRGE

robdot wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 15:28:
My grandkids play assasins creed, beyond two souls, the last of us.
Dude, I hope that's a joke, because your grandkids should not be playing most of those games. Those are violent, rated M games.

nin wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 14:12:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 14, 2013, 13:24:
November 2013 sales data shows a worrying lack of momentum for the Wii U.

Fixed.

Yeah, hardly surprising. They're dead in the water. Amazon's video game best sellers of 2013? Not even in the top 100. More people have bought Dark Souls PC, Tomb Raider, SimCity, and 360 4 gig consoles that have bought WiiUs...

As a matter of fact, they're listed at 141, 764, 1293, and 361 in current sales positions.
Actually there's a good reason for that. Amazon.com proper does not sell Nintendo systems. As a result the only systems for sale are through 3rd party associates, all of whom charge above MSRP. In other words you'd have to be desperate (or dumb) to buy a WiiU from Amazon, as you're usually paying way too much for it.*

* That Mario system you linked at position 141 is Nintendo's $299 bundle, for example

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
2. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 14, 2013, 12:37 ViRGE

If Sprint purchased T-Mobile we'd have 2 major carriers and one screw-up. Sprint lost that race long ago.  

News Comments > Evening Patches
2. Re: Big POSTAL 2 Update Dec 13, 2013, 22:55 ViRGE

A Postal 2 update? Huh, well that's certainly unexpected.

NamecaF wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 22:02:
God I hate publishers and arrogant devs who abhor their customers.
They don't abhor their customers. They love their customers. They just especially love their customers' wallets.

News Comments > Painkiller Hell & Damnation DLC
2. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation DLC Dec 13, 2013, 17:53 ViRGE

Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2013, 15:20:
Heck and Darnation!
It wouldn't be a Painkiller HD thread without that.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Dec 13, 2013, 01:06 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 22:29:
Rambus is still in business?
When they're getting anywhere between 0.5% and 3% of all DRAM revenue in the world, yes, it's hard not to be in business.

News Comments > Saints Row IV - Child's Play Pack
6. Re: Saints Row IV - Child's Play Pack Dec 13, 2013, 00:03 ViRGE

Jerykk wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 23:10:
I'd love to see them put out more substantial DLC rather than just skins and weapons. I think Bethesda learned from the Horse Armor debacle, whereas Square and Deep Silver seem content to put out trivial nonsense.
You'd probably like the Enter the Dominatrix and How The Saints Save Christmas DLC then. Those are the two DLC packs that include new missions and activities (more Genki, yay!).

News Comments > Terminal Reality Closed?
5. Re: Terminal Reality Closed? Dec 13, 2013, 00:02 ViRGE

Considering their last game was The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct, I guess I can't say I'm surprised by this. That game turned out so poorly that it would have killed just about any studio.  

News Comments > Al Lowe Leaves Replay: Sex Actually Involved
16. Re: Al Lowe Leaves Replay: Sex Actually Involved Dec 12, 2013, 23:59 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 22:54:
I still don't understand why what Trowe did would affect Lowe staying at the company. That part has me baffled. If one of my coworkers did something illegal, why would I lose my job or be forced to resign?
Presumably he has morals and doesn't want to work with a total sleazebag.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
17. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 12, 2013, 20:35 ViRGE

El Pit wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 12:18:
nin wrote on Dec 12, 2013, 12:09:
I read somewhere that the UK has a similar law in place. They don't have a leg to stand on, so they're trying to use scare tactics.

Straight from the linked article:

The Hut Group based its threat of legal action on its understanding of the UK's distance selling regulations.

Although they state that "unsolicited goods" can be treated as unconditional gifts that do not need to be returned, and that it is illegal for the sender to threaten legal action - the legislation they are based on adds the qualification that this only applies if there was no "prior request made by or on behalf of the recipient".

In the case of orders that were made but mixed up, the Citizens Advice Bureau suggests consumers should indeed return the items.
Bingo. This isn't an unsolicited good; this is a solicited good where the vendor screwed up and sent the wrong item.

The laws on the books regarding unsolicited goods are designed to protect consumers against a very specific case of fraud: where someone sends you an item unrequested with the intention of coercing you to pay for it (taking advantage of human nature). This case is a simple mixup, and the vendor is making reasonable accommodations to arrange for its return (covering shipping costs, etc).

News Comments > Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans
8. Re: Cliff Bleszinski's PC Shooter Plans Dec 11, 2013, 22:42 ViRGE

jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2013, 22:22:
I'd appreciate a followup to UT3, with bots, even a spiritual one under a different name. Sometimes a dude and another dude just want to play coop against a bunch of bots.
Indeed. For as much time as I put into compettive MP, I put even more time into SP (or co-op) against bots.

News Comments > Saints Row IV - How the Saints Save Christmas DLC
4. Re: Saints Row IV - How the Saints Save Christmas DLC Dec 11, 2013, 01:02 ViRGE

Egg nog and firearms: a winning combination.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Op Ed Dec 9, 2013, 20:06 ViRGE

LibertyOrDeath wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 19:26:
"US-CERT strives for a safer, stronger Internet for all Americans by responding to major incidents, analyzing threats, and exchanging critical cybersecurity information with trusted partners around the world."

Trusted partners? You mean those that support what you do?
The other international CERTs? Yeah.

The CERTs are the first responders to system vulnerabilities. They fill a very important role.

News Comments > GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee
10. Re: GOG.com's Money Back Guarantee Dec 9, 2013, 12:08 ViRGE

nin wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 09:57:
So gog does it. Origin does it. Gabe? You over there? Time to keep up with the Jonses...

Seeing as how the very first thing Steam does (by default) is install a game you buy, there wouldn't be much of a point to such a policy.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 9, 2013, 01:42 ViRGE

Wallshadows wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 19:57:
Are they still being absolutely retarded and giving out awards or nominations for titles that aren't even released yet?
"Most Anticipated Game"

So yes.

News Comments > No Man's Sky Revealed
26. Re: No Man's Sky Revealed Dec 8, 2013, 19:23 ViRGE

Krizzen wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 18:55:
Looks interesting, but procedural worlds can get real boring, REAL fast. The real charm in procedural generation comes from the lack of too much procedural generation. If the planets are scaled down (i.e. not realistic scales), then the procedural generation could be very interesting, especially with a few hand crafted terrain features and structures/objectives scattered throughout.
A very good point. Procedural generation is very capable, but you're still going to want a human touch to make meaningful landmarks.

News Comments > Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands
9. Re: Telltale Announces Tales from the Borderlands Dec 8, 2013, 19:19 ViRGE

Mad Max RW wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 15:27:
That looks so damn lame. Is this something people asked for?
I enjoy Borderlands and I enjoy Telltale games (especially the more fanciful ones). So this is something I am looking forward to.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
4. Re: Microsoft ends Windows 7 retail sales. Dec 8, 2013, 18:05 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Dec 8, 2013, 16:31:
The enterprise doesn't care that Win7 ends its retail sales. They have enterprise licenses that are, in essence, valid in perpetuity, and it's not as if they need install media.

And just because MS ends its official retail sale of Win7 doesn't mean you won't be able to buy it for years and years on end if you want.
Bingo. The end of retail sales is little more than a footnote; it would go somewhere between the weather and the police blotter in your local paper. Medium-to-large IT organizations have their volume licenses, and small organizations have the ability to execute downgrade rights on their copies of Win8. Even PC enthusiasts aren't seriously affected, since they can still buy OEM copies of the OS.

1441 Comments. 73 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo