Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for None

Real Name None   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname ViRGE
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Dec 16, 2003, 17:42
Total Comments 1381 (Pro)
User ID 19707

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Deadpool Game Disappearance
7. Re: Deadpool Game Disappearance Jan 1, 2014, 17:08 ViRGE

nin wrote on Jan 1, 2014, 12:20:
Goddammit. Knew I should have grabbed it the other day for $10. Also explains why, in a vote sale, I voted for it, only to have it replaced by COD in the list.
Aha! I was wondering why Deadpool was AWOL after I voted for it. I thought I was going crazy.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
6. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 30, 2013, 16:14 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 14:23:
ViRGE wrote on Dec 30, 2013, 12:47:
And they couldn't have picked a better game, IMHO. SM3DW was a blast from start to end.

And like 400000 people will get to enjoy it! :o
Perhaps. But the number of people playing it doesn't affect the amount of fun I had playing it.

1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 30, 2013, 12:47 ViRGE

Point of clarification: that's not their Wii U game of the year, that's their overall game of the year. It just has Wii U in the title because of their tagging system (since it was a Wii U game).

And they couldn't have picked a better game, IMHO. SM3DW was a blast from start to end.

News Comments > Friday Consolidation
11. Re: Friday Consolidation Dec 27, 2013, 20:43 ViRGE

xXBatmanXx wrote on Dec 27, 2013, 17:15:
Yea but considering how much you get, that 50.00 a year is best money spent on the internet....esp. if you have more than 1 device, ie: ps3 and Vita, etc.
Heck, it's not even $50/year. It goes on sale a couple of times a year where you can pick it up for $30. For the price of one video game that's two years of gaming. It's a very good deal so long as you know what you're getting into.

News Comments > Boxing Day Consolidation
3. Re: Boxing Day Consolidation Dec 26, 2013, 12:53 ViRGE

nin wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 11:59:
Think I'm going to have to break down and grab Pinball Arcade on ps4...$40 is steep, but it looks like a ton of fun.

I have it on the Vita and it's definitely fun. Any given table is going to be hit or miss, but there are enough tables that you shouldn't have any trouble finding some ones you'll like.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Live-Action Trailer
2. Re: Borderlands 2 Live-Action Trailer Dec 26, 2013, 12:50 ViRGE

It's a fan film so I admittedly don't have high standards for this one. But the trailer makes it look interesting enough.

Creston wrote on Dec 26, 2013, 12:11:
Jack was an awesome villain. It's kind of a shame that they killed him off, because the next bad guy is going to be nowhere near as cool.
Well they don't always have to do their next game set after BL2. The Telltale game for example is hinted to be set before BL2, allowing them to include Jack.

News Comments > Christmas Eve Consolidation
11. Re: Christmas Eve Consolidation Dec 25, 2013, 00:05 ViRGE

Dev wrote on Dec 24, 2013, 18:09:
LOL, looks like that 24 hour DRM check in is still present in xbox one (despite all the MS lies about how they were reversing away from it), and it will kick you out in the middle of a game!
That's because they weren't using the games on the account's home console. They were effectively game sharing.

No, Xbox One DRM isnít killing Killer Instinct

"The Xbox One in question here, was not the one originally used to download the game, you see. If it were, the game would have been tied to that consoleís ID (and the originating profile), and would never need to check for licences, functioning just fine without an internet connection. Itís actually more lax DRM than on the 360, which requires that the original purchaser be actively signed in for the game to be playable."

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
5. Re: Sunday Mobilization Dec 22, 2013, 19:07 ViRGE

Bill Borre wrote on Dec 22, 2013, 16:57:
GPS device insertions make Baby Jesus cry.
Hey, you chip your dogs. Why wouldn't you chip your Jesus?

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Dec 22, 2013, 06:02 ViRGE

killer_roach wrote on Dec 21, 2013, 19:25:
Far superior? The Vita has the same GPU as the iPad 4 and arguably still a better CPU than the iPad Air (although Apple has done quite a bit in terms of masking that by offloading tasks to the GPU and doing heavy optimizations on its Web browser).
I like my Vita, but I have to point out that both of those statements are not quite correct. The GPU is the same configuration, however Apple's GPU is clocked almost twice as high. Meanwhile Cortex-A9 is a solid performer, but Cyclone is ahead of it to a massive degree. It has a clockspeed advantage and a huge IPC advantage, so even though it's just 2 cores it's more than enough to offset the core count difference (keeping in mind that Vita games can only use 3 cores anyhow).

The iPad Mini uses a dual core Cortex-A9 processor. Even if you doubled up on cores and got perfect scaling, it would still be only half as fast as the Cyclone based processor in the iPad Air.

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph7460/59433.png

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
28. Re: Morning Tech Bits Dec 21, 2013, 05:53 ViRGE

Kitkoan wrote on Dec 20, 2013, 19:10:
If I remember correctly, there is zero US labor involved in something like this that's "assembled in the USA".

It'd fully automated machines that are design, build and maintain by Chinese employees on cheap visas. It's all marketing to help people think they are bringing jobs back to USA, even though they aren't.
Apple actually has a video up showing the Mac Pro assembly process. So you can see for yourself how much of it is human and how much is robot.

http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/video/#assembly

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Dec 19, 2013, 23:27 ViRGE

nin wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 21:58:
Oh, winamp. I can't decide which fate is worse: your death, or being sold to Microsoft.

Existing is better than not existing.

News Comments > Steam Holiday Sale
5. Re: Steam Holiday Sale Dec 19, 2013, 23:19 ViRGE

Genesys wrote on Dec 19, 2013, 22:46:
Didn't they just end their Autumn sale TWO WEEKS ago? They need to plan these things a bit better.
Well they were making sure to have something going on during Black Friday. But I agree that the timing between the various sales is still kind of poor. Now there won't be another sale for 7-8 months.

News Comments > QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History
1. Re: QuakeWorld Turns 17 and This Day in Gaming History Dec 18, 2013, 11:26 ViRGE

Ahh Tribes. It was ahead of its time and yet everything that follows only gets farther and farther from the purity of its vision.  

4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 18, 2013, 10:05 ViRGE

nin wrote on Dec 18, 2013, 09:40:
These areas - "a safe and welcoming environment" - would also be lounges, which apart from the main PAX events would have their own stuff like diversity-themed booths and panels.

(Not trying to start a riot here, legitimate question.)

Is it me, or is this ass backwards? I thought everyone wanted to be treated equal. The idea of "if you feel bad, your section is over there" seems bizarre.

Why not apply it to the entire con and tell people "if you can't be nice to others that are different than you, you need not show up"?
While I obviously can't speak for the PA guys, that's certainly not the impression I got. Rather this is an attempt to create an "educational" area (for lack of a better description) where the issue gets dedicated attention.

Diversity groups can be very difficult to deal with at times - things that you wouldn't think would raise their ire will do just that - so making gestures to indicate that you take their concerns seriously can help defray matters.

News Comments > YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns
2. Re: YouTube on YouTube Game Takedowns Dec 17, 2013, 19:44 ViRGE

but nothing in the letter addresses these.
Let's be realistic here: there's nothing YouTube can do about it. If they want to maintain DMCA safe harbor status, they need to pull down anything that they get a request for. The only people with any real control are the firms issuing the takedown notices in the first place.

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
37. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 17:45 ViRGE

By the way, does anyone have any information on the developer? Area 52 Games seems to be a new studio, as I can't find any sign of previous work. In which case, what studio/group is this group drawn from?  

News Comments > Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed
33. Re: Star Wars: Attack Squadrons Revealed Dec 17, 2013, 16:42 ViRGE

nin wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 12:49:
...a free-to-play Star Wars game

Aaaaaaaand we're done here. Next!

Eyup.

News Comments > Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod on Steam
13. Re: Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod on Steam Dec 17, 2013, 08:20 ViRGE

Slashman wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 07:39:
ViRGE wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 05:58:
wraithnix wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 23:34:
This mod is freaking AWESOME! Loved playing the beta weekends, and the final is just freaking sweet. Played on a server with 500+ people on it tonight, and it was, well, freaking AWESOME.
It's that good, eh? I picked up the game in a Steam sale some time ago; I guess I'll have to get around to playing it.

There needs to be some kind of penance for not having played Just Cause 2 after all this time.
What can I say? Too many games and too little time.

I suppose I can do some Hail Gabes, but that's all I'm good for.

News Comments > Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod on Steam
11. Re: Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod on Steam Dec 17, 2013, 05:58 ViRGE

wraithnix wrote on Dec 16, 2013, 23:34:
This mod is freaking AWESOME! Loved playing the beta weekends, and the final is just freaking sweet. Played on a server with 500+ people on it tonight, and it was, well, freaking AWESOME.
It's that good, eh? I picked up the game in a Steam sale some time ago; I guess I'll have to get around to playing it.

News Comments > LEGO The Hobbit Trailer
6. Re: LEGO The Hobbit Trailer Dec 17, 2013, 05:35 ViRGE

Creston wrote on Dec 17, 2013, 02:24:
Really my big issue with the games is that it becomes less and less about Lego. The Star Wars ones, almost everything was actually built out of Lego, but in Lego Marvel, other than the characters, there's not that much Lego around anymore. Kind of alters the feel.

The games are good, and since Lego LOTR was awesome, I'm sure this'll be pretty good too.
It really has become less and less of a LEGO game and more of a subbrand for lighthearted, family-friendly adventure games. That said there's a real need in the market for such games and they tend to be done well, so I'm not about to begrudge it for what it has become.

1381 Comments. 70 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo